Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Discord moments

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Watched the video and that flute just popping up had me laughing so hard that I almost choked on the water I drank. Genius stuff, Egg.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

and then

that guy you forgot existed Judge Fudge's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This entire thread is GOLD. I haven't laughed this hard in a loooong time.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Chris, wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

some comics that I've been meaning to post:

Blog Entries

How to remaster

That would actually be my dad's reaction too. He's decided that no Star Wars films were released between 1999-2005.

Blog Entries

we had quite the eventful morning today on discord. first, a shocking revelation was uncovered...

afterward, our pal OSS gave some advice:

later on after a scare, he found another copy of his novella titled "The Schligger"... naturally this conversation followed:

finally, your moment of zen

Well, that eliminates me ever having to ask what exactly The Schligger is supposed to mean, ha.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

Niccccce

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I feel like we've been making Schligger/N* jokes for somewhere between 1 and 2 years now, are you telling me OSS never got that? Haha

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Okay, so there's a fucking ton of Bias being a total dipshit re: Trump's piss scandal and spouting off "I WAS THERE!" because he's well beyond balls deep into 4chan and seems to be getting off on the whole "The CIA got trolled!" angle, but that's not what I'm focusing on with this entry into Discord moments. What I wanna focus on is this gem.

It veers off from there into Bias attempting to Banepost which, if you don't know what that is, click here. Others didn't get it, he got unmodded and.... yeah, that got a good response.

BTW, just wanna make note of something y'all probably didn't catch and I kind of hate myself for knowing off-hand (The irony is far from lost on me that I'm calling Bias balls deep in 4chan when I also know enough of this shit to be able to point it out), but this triple parentheses thing Bias does here...

...well...
    (((Echo))) is a symbol used by anti-Semitic members of the alt-right to identify certain individuals as Jewish by surrounding their names with three parentheses on each side. The symbol became a subject of online discussions and media scrutiny in June 2016 after Google removed a browser extension that automatically highlights Jewish surnames in the style.
    Taken from: http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/echo

So make what you will of that. The conversation goes on to call out Bias for being legit racist in reference to the Aboriginals thing mentioned by Handy in the first screencap of this post alongside all the Trump support. Also thanks for the nice shoutout @handsome_devil.

That sure was an exhausting pile of shit to read through. Thanks for suggesting I do so @Ryan. I know this is one of those things most of us got to see anyway in chat even if we weren't there for it when it happened, but some of it truly deserves to be preserved here.

Bias, if you read this, we know you're going through shit. You've made mention of it numerous times, but you have to understand that this is not the way to go about venting your frustrations. We've all had our moments of being really shitty as teenagers and I don't doubt that to some extent that's at least partially what this is. Something I hope you'll eventually grow out of, until then though, it's best if you try to actually learn a thing or two about certain topics rather than repeatedly dipping your dick into some of the shittiest places on the internet for info when you're clearly aware that it's concentrated bile. If you've got the brains to see that much, then at least try to make the tiniest bit of effort into researching stuff rather than blindly accepting the antics of an anonymous imageboard as 100% fact.

Blog Entries

It's funny because one of the things I thought of when this was going down was, "Man I wish Shaun was here to make sense of all of this." I had zero clue about the echo thing and was merely baffled at the time, now it's extremely disturbing in hindsight. However, I'm not entirely sure if Bias even fully knew what he was doing. For all we know, he was just parroting something he found funny on 4chan without knowing the problematic undertones.

I do want to add on that Bias did come in later and apologized, outright admitting that he lashed out again as part of a manic-depressive episode. Still, this is not the first time that this exact sequence of events has occurred on both the board and Discord, and it's still unsettling that it seems to always revolve around his overreliance to trust 4Chan on a subject that barely even affects him. I'm not sure how many times I have to say, "This isn't a game to many Americans" already. Bias, please do educate yourself further in the future. Please stop reading that site and trusting them.

With that said, I also want to acknowledge that fact that Bias also came in and said he would be taking a break from both the chat and board, and it's probably welcome. Being a teenager is a very tough and uncertain time where many factors are out of your control. So for the ones that are, do so. Don't fall prey to the internet influencing you. If you need to detatch yourself, do so immediately. And on the (terrifying) matter of seeing part of yourself in Donald Trump, please don't take our derision for some sort of sign for resigning yourself to it. We all fuck up, we're human. But seek to be different than Trump, go for redemption, go for bettering yourself, go for being an actual good human being. Do not take his "rise to glory" as a sign of hope: he is not an underdog, he is a privileged entertainer who got in far too much over his own head on the manipulations and fear of other people. Be better than him. Please.

Now to end this post on a lighter note with some OSS-centric Discord moments:

First, this response to Rex Tillerson's conference yesterday...

While earlier OSS took a good hour in manufacturing a new Gene Siskel emoji, the results of which may be not for more squeamish readers...

My favorite reaction, however, has got to be from @kupomog...

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i wasn't going to respond to either of these as a sign of respect and as i a point that i have taken their messages to heart
    i will be breaking from discord, at least until ive had therapy and am feeling better about myself

id like to make it extremely clear that i had no idea about the anti-semitic undertones from my triple-parentheses posting. i thought it was a way of emphasising a point, and i am extremely sorry for using it the way i have been
    you're correct, it is something i learnt from 4chan. i am too stupid to release that learning something off 4chan will come with consequences, no matter how innocent it may seem to those too dumb to realise.
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

@bias, you need to take care of you, and maybe stepping away from stuff like this would be a good first move. I say that as someone who was hugely emotionally invested in dumb internet arguments and popularity contests when I was younger, for the most part because I had very little social outlets otherwise. it was really, really emotionally unhealthy for me.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i understand what you're saying and i think i made a similar point in discord, after my meltdown

focusing on the board shouldn't be a priority. my real life relationships are what i need to pay attention to more. as much as it may seem flippant or smug, in the grand scheme of things you guys aren't the be all and end all for me. i love you guys and i love this board but i can't kill myself over wanting to be liked when i have other things to focus on

i think because of my views, however broken and skewed they may be, i should really post less on here and not go into discord. i had this realisation the other night, and it's clear that my way of thinking, either right now or forever, doesn't match the way of thinking the majority of the board has

i don't want to make you guys uncomfortable or angry or upset or annoyed, so ill use my own initiative and encouragement from you guys and take the break i need to take. maybe in my absence i can grow up and mature and come back better

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

oh no we broke oss

He's just writing the lyrics to Egg's new hit

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

Glad I caught this one before he fixed it.

Blog Entries

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax, Ryan, Sam, tyler

Blog Entries

correction:

Last edited by Ryan; 01-21-2017 at 02:25 PM.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Wish I had capped that conversation with handsome about Amazon and Jeff Bezos' garage.

Thread Information