Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: NHC Discord

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

!kick Egg

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan, Sam

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creep View Post
    So how should I word what I say better to stop leading to fights? Because i'm definitely not going to lie about how I feel just because it doesn't lead to fights. If I don't like a song, I say I don't like it.
    Ok if you want to keep being a petulant child, then that's a damn good reason for us not to let you back in. Stop acting so entitled and maybe realize that sometimes it's just cool to be polite and not be so uptight about speaking your "mind", when your "mind" is almost 99% contrarian because you're in your special snowflake mindset typical of a teenager.

grow up

Blog Entries

I don't think the way I do because of a "special snowflake" mindset, it's the way I really feel.

How can I be more polite?
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Blog Entries

How can I be more polite?
    keeping your mouth shut when you want to spout your awful opinions for the millionth time and cause a ruckus

Blog Entries

discord living up to it's name
    :gatorpee:

Blog Entries

My opinions aren't "awful" they're disagreeable. Not "awful". "Awful" opinions are like "Donald Trump is the best man ever!" Not "I don't like cheesy fluff".

If everyone else is talking about how they feel about something, I should be allowed to say that too. It only causes a ruckus because my opinions are different, and there's nothing wrong with opinions like mine. I don't want to change my opinions just for the sake of fitting in.

My parents say it's because of the way I say it. If it is, than how do I word what I say better?

Blog Entries

yo what up The Egg Family

Blog Entries

Sometimes you don't need to say anything, you know. It is NOT necessary for you to express your individual opinion on EVERYTHING, especially the way you state things so absolutely and matter-of-factly. No one wants to see "This is a bad song. I hate SUGARY FLUFF." just pop up in the middle of conversation when everyone is enjoying something. Or worse, a fucking !skip while you are DEAF and can't even hear the music. No one would really mind a general "I'm not a fan of ____ ", "this isn't my thing," but just seeing "this is bad." is a big "UGH" moment for everyone. Have some situational and social awareness.

It certainly isn't necessary for you to tell us every single time Call Me Maybe comes up that you don't like it. Or any of the other things you constantly tell us you don't like. We ALREADY know our tastes largely do not align when people are running playlists of fresh music but the majority of the chat is open to most things so we listen to LOTS of things. It's because you are incapable of just keeping quiet about it every single time that people are frustrated enough to the point that they WILL put CMM or RAP MUSIC or whatever on the list because you cannot just NOT say anything. If you think we are immature, we think you're just as immature.

Like when someone starts playing throatsinging, something that makes me absolutely physically uncomfortable for personal reasons, I do not sit there saying !skip or "don't play this" or "this is awful" or whatever. People know how it makes me feel but I'm not going to force them NOT to ever be allowed to listen just because of me. Again, I sit through a lot of stuff I don't want to in chat but I have no reason to make a big giant stink every time something I don't like happens because the chat will move on if you let it.

Also, you can simply not respond to people piling on you in chat. Having a train wreck conversation that's about to go off the rails? Bail the fuck out of it and talk about something else and make at least some minor attempt to salvage the situation.

And you really need to stop with this "I'm allowed" thing. Seriously. This is a privately owned board with our own rules that you agreed to follow. You are allowed to do what we allow in the rules. NHC Discord is a private chat made by the members. It has no official tie-in to the rules of the board. Therefore you follow the unwritten rules of the chat when you are in there. You are allowed to say whatever you want, they are allowed to respond appropriately when it's consistently disruptive.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Man if I scolded my kid for eating way too many cookies despite me telling her every day not to, and then my kid tried to tell me "no mommy I am allowed to eat cookies whenever I want" then I would take her box of cookies and put that shit on a shelf she couldn't reach.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax, Ryan

Blog Entries

Okay, I will stop the !skips while deaf. It is indeed rude for people to not be able to listen to music they like just because I don't like, and I will keep others into account from now on.

You do have a point about me being repetitve. I will try to stop repeating "I hate Call me Maybe" or "Rap music's just bland drum beats" over and over again, because people already know that it's how I feel and I don't need to be a dick about it over and over again because it gets annoying.

However, I don't want to say "I'm not a fan of" or "This isn't my thing" though, because that's sugarcoating my real thoughts. That's not how I really feel. Saying "I hate this song, because it's SUGARY FLUFF" are my real thoughts. I'm not going to change my opinions to fit in with the crowd more. About saying nothing, other people say their thoughts on music all the time, so why can't I? I deserve all the same rights as anyone else. I should be able to say how I feel.

Blog Entries

because you say the same six words every time

Blog Entries

you could always not say those same six words!

But you do so we had to ban /shrug

I'm not gonna go in circles with you about crap you are allowed to do and no if you DISRUPT THE CHAT OVER AND OVER EVERY TIME YOU ARE THERE you are not deserving of the same rights as everyone else when everyone else is capable of chatting and sharing their opinions non-dickishly without shutting it down every time. /runon

If you are incapable of expressing an opinion without "sugarcoating it," that isn't our problem. That is YOUR problem and your dear parents already pointed out how you say things is part of the problem. If you're gonna say things like a dick, expect to be treated like a dick. You called yourself a dick first btw so don't get on my ass about using that word.

17. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan, Sam, tyler

Blog Entries

However, I don't want to say "I'm not a fan of" or "This isn't my thing" though, because that's sugarcoating my real thoughts. That's not how I really feel. Saying "I hate this song, because it's SUGARY FLUFF" are my real thoughts. I'm not going to change my opinions to fit in with the crowd more. About saying nothing, other people say their thoughts on music all the time, so why can't I? I deserve all the same rights as anyone else. I should be able to say how I feel.
    then get your own discord chat then so you can say the same damn thing over and over and over and over with nobody caring because nobody else is there because nobody else wants to listen to your whiny fucking bullshit

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

So one final question:

When will I come back?

I promise I will be less of a dick with my opinions, less repetitive, and will let people listen to whatever they like. I love the chat room and all the fun we have in it, and I want to be part of it.

So please give me one more chance?
    Last edited by Egg; 01-06-2017 at 03:46 PM.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Andre

Blog Entries

you'll come back when ppl indicate they're willing to let you back in. stop pressing the issue

Blog Entries

Okay.

I sincerely apologize for whining. I was just frustrated with the ban and wanted answers. I will let it go.

Blog Entries

Hey man, you ruined my soda with how salty you are being.

Blog Entries

Any update on the ban situation and when I can be let back in? It's been almost a week.

Blog Entries

a week aint two years pal

Blog Entries

1 week down, 103 left to go
    o shit its 2021 and still havent posted on this forum

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

I'm rooting for you egg

Blog Entries

so the search function still isn't out, but if you open discord with this link you can use the beta version!! https://canary.discordapp.com/channels/@me/

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i just used this to vanity search and it was a success from a functional standpoint (less successful emotionally!!!!)

Blog Entries

Vanity search provided me with nothing I hadn't already seen bar @Ryan asking if I'd play a role in OSS' "Father in London" cartoon
    How to remaster

direct floor engagement steamed_hamms's Avatar
    Blog Entries

ryan said i'd be sad if the queen died
    ryan says a lot of things

Blog Entries

like the queen having died for instance

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

right so we're doing this are we

please explain to me why i'm banned now, i'm sure it's completely logical
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

i didn't ban but you're acting like a total lunatic and people that bombard an active chat with shit like "what the fuck are u guys even talking about???" is about the most annoying thing anyone could do

Thread Information