View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Maki

1 20.00%
  • 4/5 - Temaki

0 0%
  • 3/5 - Uramaki

0 0%
  • 2/5 - Nigiri

2 40.00%
  • 1/5 - Sashimi

2 40.00%

Thread: R&R - American Dad - "The Enlightenment of Ragi-Baba"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R - American Dad - "The Enlightenment of Ragi-Baba"

Original Air Date: November 21st, 2016

Stan and Steve become sushi chefs.
    R&R after it airs.
    How to remaster

Probably the weakest of the three episodes so far this season, but Roger's modeling montage and nirvana trip with Hayley were great, as was Francine's reaction to Stan and Steve running the sushi restaurant at the end. Forgettable, but still solid. 3/5

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Liked the Enlightenment scene and Francine's reaction at the end. Roger's plot picked up a bit when they got to his cult, sushi plot didn't really do much for me. Mimosa show callback was neat, probably their replacement for Greg and Terry's talk show. Obligatory swears in this episode were kinda awful again (Roger flat out saying he jerks off, that pisshead line).

But yeah, boring stuff. 2/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

Cold open and the first few minutes after that were total dogshit. Maybe it's just a rough start because I haven't watched a TBS ep in a long time but yikes, some of the worst aspects of the TBS era were on display. I liked the "Your credit card was declined" bit and Stan calling rice the rich man's maggots. Roger taking over the meditation class was fun but I wasn't crazy with the whole Ragi-Town/poison punch direction it took. Seemed super out of nowhere. Enlightenment scene made up for it at least.

Stan and Steve learning how to be sushi chef's would have been dull as fuck too were it not for the son of the head chef trying to listen in on everything and even at that it just sorta went nowhere. Francine during the credits was funny though.

2/5

This was the first episode this season where it felt like they actually tried a little, that being said it still wasn't very good.

I was kinda with it at first until they had Roger take over the meditation class where I went "Oh, it's one of these kind of tired episodes" with the only difference being that instead of having it be Stan or Steve it's Hayley who isn't used in these kind of Roger episodes as much as the aforementioned so that sorta elevates it a tiny smidge since she's probably the only character from the main cast by this point that I like. By the time we got to Ragi-Town and the attempted poisoning I felt they had given up especially since the episode just randomly stops rather than having an actual ending (did Roger still go through with the poisoning anyways? The episode never bothers to make this clear) to the point where I can't help but wonder if this was written around the same time as High School English as that episode also just kinda stops randomly without an actual ending as well as how this show turns more and more into a Family Guy clone each season since the 8th.

The subplot was... Stupidly pointless just like the majority of the TBS subplots and also just randomly stopped rather than have an actual ending. I love that this episode was promoted by only listing this plot as if it was the main one. That talking vultures bit was one of the worst gags to ever be placed on this show.

.5/5 which I'm very generously rounding up to a 1/5 for the poll.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: TBD Bri-Da: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Thread Information