1 14.29%
  • 1/5 Larry the Cable Guy

1 14.29%

Thread: Rate and Review South Park: "Douche and a Danish"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review South Park: "Douche and a Danish"

Original Airdate: October 19th, 2016. Garrison finally crosses the line at his most recent Presidential rally, and the kids get pulled in to the search for the notorious Skankhunt42. Meanwhile, Gerald joins forces with the other trolls to stop Denmark from launching TrollTrace.com. Rate and Review.

Last edited by 1010011010; 10-19-2016 at 09:49 AM.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Blog Entries

no one is going to watch this

Finally an episode that I actually like in this season! The plot was actually original and clever, and I laughed a lot. The only thing I didn't like was Eric and Heidi couple, but at least they mock the fact that they're freaking annoying.

Merry Christmas!

Blog Entries

sigh I should've seen it coming that the entire season was basically an excuse to rip on Force Awakens. not looking forward to how this one show turns the SP hivemind fans suddenly into that one contrarian asshole you know who keeps shitting on TFA because "at least the prequels went to new places!!!"

at the very least, the reactions to heidi/cartman were pretty funny even if their scenes were annoyingly repetitive. the trolls doing a star wars scene parody was odd because you're unsure if that ties into the TFA bashing, but I like them showing what a heartless prick gerald has turned into. the garrison stuff was bizarre, and it reeks too much of repeating last year almost verbatim. they go into the usual malarkey of paralleling trump but then swerve in a direction that's actually better than reality itself when he tries to pin the election on being rigged, and his supporters try to lynch him instead of go with it. while it was nice to see SP go towards a different path, the problem was that it loops back around and we get the same thing as in S19: garrison comes back to south park, and randy approaches him with the solution to a conspiracy going on that directly affects him, garrison hops on board.

is that supposed to be tied into their reboot/nostalgia bashing or is it unintentional? I don't know. at the very least this season is interesting and it seems to be moving, which is a plus. 2.5/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

no one watched this

Blog Entries

I'm honestly curious to see how poor the ratings were last night

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Sad cause it was good.

Blog Entries

Like the Danish song at the beginning. Apparently it's from a Danish Christmas Calendar series, Pyrus.

Only thing that really bugged me in this was the direct Force Awakens speech. The member berry references/plot scenes have always been my least favorite throughout this Season anyway, hoping that plot at least moves away from just Force Awakens shitting (though it wouldn't surprise me if they do, with JJ Abrams just having a Member Berry face and voice). Glad the show seems to be tying together plots this early on at least, HOPEFULLY giving Trey a better idea of a completed Season finale than the last 2 Seasons jumbled messes.

Anyway, liked most of Garrison's scenes. Glad they're acknowledging more that he is still Mr. Garrison and not just a Trump parallel, liked him trying to force himself back into his old job (Butters: a bouncy ball ). Heidi and Cartman's scenes were repetitive, but still got a laugh out the kids stunned reactions (Heidi: I think that's keewl! Bebe: *barfs*), and I do enjoy the couple still, despite being annoying. Geralds plot with the trolls is still going strong, loved the Star Wars scene, especially in contrast with the Member Berry stuff. Could've shown a little more of how the group took actually took down the Danish, but it still worked.

3/5

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I'm honestly curious to see how poor the ratings were last night
    1.32 Million (0.49 drop from last weeks 1.81 mil, 0.25 drop from the previous lowest rated of the Season with 1.57)

S20 Ratings (so far, in millions): 2.16, 1.57, 1.78, 1.81, 1.32.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dai...tober-19-2016/

Definitely a noticeable drop, but not horrible for the show. Season 19 had 2 episodes lower than that, that entire Season staying in the 1.2-1.4 range, minus the premiere and finale. S20 has been noticeably higher than that so far (likely supported by 20th anniversary press). If it goes back to the 1.7-1.8 range for the remaining eps and gets a 2 mil + for the finale , it'll be doing better than Season 18's ratings.

Blog Entries

ech I don't know I hope the Star Wars stuff doesn't become this season's ads

the episode itself was alright. Basically setting up the conclusions for everything now and I got a few chuckles out of Cartman/Heidi and the trolls. 2.5/5.

Blog Entries

The intro to the episode with the boy v. girl fight about to happen gave off some serious "Breast Cancer Story Ever" vibes. Was expecting to see a full-on beat down of Butters. Actually kind of surprised it wasn't Wendy that was gonna do it.

Annie fainting when she saw Cartman and Heidi kiss was pretty great.
    I liked Garrison just lighting up a cig and doing his speech like some edgy comedian. Not sure if his "I just wanted to see where your line was" was them trying to say "So women who support Trump only give a fuck they're the ones having awful shit said to them" but w/e. Not the worst point they could've gone for I suppose thought it doesn't exactly make the sexist comments Trump made any better.
    God damn, that goofy music they're using for Denmark alongside the guy sorta dancing his way into the frame got me. Such a silly bit but sometimes that's all it takes.
    The assembly was insanely cute with the whispering. I get that they're sort of going for them being a sweet couple to the point of it sickening everyone else (literally in the case of Bebe puking) but the whole school just leaning forward in fascination was super good. As was Heidi doing her little impression of how Cartman says the word "School".
    I like that they gave Cartman different shirts from the assembly onwards. The "Tokens Life Matters" thing didn't bug me it was just that his gut was constantly hanging out and it was like "Dude, just get a shirt that fits".
    Hehe, annoying Airport Hilton guy.
    Gerald's whole "Pitting them against each other" being perceived as mean by the dude in the Guy Fawkes mask got a chuckle from me.
    Butters actually trying to contribute to Garrison's grammar lesson while he was losing his shit.
    Gerald telling Ike "Say hi to DildoSchwaggins"
    Awww, that story about the little person having a baby with a giant so the kid would be normal was genuinely sad.
    Fucking Hell, they're actually doing a Star Wars style troll attack, huh? Guess we can expect J.J. Abrams to pop up again at some point.
    So Garrison knows about the Member Berries now. Weird that Randy was just doing a support group for people with addictions rather than trying to spread the word as best he could.
    Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd J.J.'s the reason for everything being a shitshow. Didn't think it was gonna be the focal point but, yeah, wasn't wrong in thinking he'd come back.

Can't say I really care all that much about the Star Wars stuff. I'm glad they're merging the Garrison/Randy plots so at least their screen time will be shared rather than take up more time separately. Still digging the trolling plot with Gerald. Cartman and Heidi teaming up with the Danish seems promising (Wonder if they're eventually gonna reveal Hedi has Danish ancestry since Hedi's a common enough name in that part of the world). Good stuff overall, not much that I didn't care for beyond the Star Wars thing/J.J. being the root of the problem.

4/5
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Oh, nearly forgot. I watched the version that aired on MUCH so I got to see this well timed Bell ad covering up Butters at the beginning.

Junior Camper

I am so utterly bored with South Park now. It's as though they can't be bothered to write good storylines anymore so they just write one bad one and pad it out for a whole series or two. I'm officially done with South Park. Like The Simpsons, it needs to be retired.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Oh, nearly forgot. I watched the version that aired on MUCH so I got to see this well timed Bell ad covering up Butters at the beginning.
    I know this is late, but this was the only episode I caught on TV so far and I also noticed this. I think I was going to post it itt at one point, but forgot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Thread Information