Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I saw that the show will return on January 19th with the episodes below.

'Roadie To Nowhere' - Luna learns Chunk was like her in high school and worries her ambition to be a rocker is unrealistic.
    'A Fridge Too Far' - Lincoln wages war after his food is filched from the refrigerator.

Boy it sure has been awhile since the last actual Luna episode.

There will also be new episodes on the 26th and February 2nd.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: TBD Shanksgiving: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

And it's been a while since Chunk was in an episode (I think it was all the way back in season 1). Nice to get to know more about the supporting characters, something I hope will follow suit further into this season.

Descriptions for the episodes to air on the 26th.

Selfie Improvement
    When Carol Pingrey's photograph gets more "likes" on social media than Lori's, she tries to one up her.
    No School Like Homeschool
    Thinking it looks like fun, the other kids try to get in on Lola's home-schooling.
    Ever since Carol's introduction in Picture Perfect I've been waiting for the day when she would become Lori's rival of sorts and I'm happy that it appears she finally will.

Huh, nice to see that Carol will come back in an episode. As I understand she's pretty popular with a lot of the fanbase and appears in a lot of fanart for a character with one short non-speaking appearance.

But wait a minute. In the second episode, are they gonna retcon Lola going to school like the other siblings (she's been shown there numerous times)? Or is the premise supposed to be about her stopping going there for some reason, maybe?

Just saw both of last night's episodes. Roadie to Nowhere was pretty good though A Fridge Too Far was simply alright though I could relate to everyone being annoyed at their leftovers being eaten by someone else as that happens to me sometimes in my family.

Noticed that Lincoln only had a brief non-speaking cameo in Roadie to Nowhere, which reminds me of how the first time an episode wasn't focused on him was another Luna episode.

Also here's the plots for the February 2nd episodes:

White Hare
    Lincoln has a plan for introducing himself to a new girl.
    Insta-gran
    Pop-Pop introduces his new girlfriend to the family, and she seems great until she starts showing up unannounced.
    Unless Paige is the girl that's being alluded to in White Hare, I guess it's safe to say that she has also been tossed to the wayside just like Christina.

Lastly, yet another character that's proven to be popular among fans will be making an eventual comeback: http://theloudhouse.wikia.com/wiki/S...02fo1_1280.png

Watched the two new episodes Roadie To Nowhere and A Fridge Too Far & I thought they were both quite good. The first was a solid Luna episode with an interesting and quite realistic down to earth plot (and the first one where Lincoln not only just briefly appears but has no lines, I think) & the second was nice and reminiscent of the first season's earlier episodes. The third season is off to a good start.

And that pic of Maggie is unfortunately a fake; it's an edit with the screenshot of the character being a fan made pic. I saw it being confirmed on a forum (wouldn't say no to her appearing again for real, though).

Yeah, I didn't learn about that until it was too late. Just like Carol, she's another one-off (so far) that's proven to be very popular.

Although something that I know isn't fake is the reveal that Caleel Harris is no longer voicing Clyde (due to puberty) and has now been replaced by Andre Robinson.

Saw a link to this instagram post and it seems like 'Selfie Improvement' will be something of a first for the series.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeYj3a-A...aken-by=arynda
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-26-2018 at 03:04 PM.

@CousinMerl, Is it the fact that the main production people of the episode consist entirely of women?

As for the episodes themselves, they were alright but got repetitive after awhile (and in the latter's case, boring). Garage Banned was a better Lori episode and as a whole I like last week's episode more. Though I did like that they gave a reason for why Lola was homeschooled despite being previously shown to go to public school.

Also, it seems like White Hare will be a little more interesting as it's going to explore the original abandoned idea for the series which was to have the characters portrayed as rabbits.

@John95, yes, that was what I meant.

I think both the new episodes were pretty decently good. 'Selfie Improvement' was enjoyable, had a good albeit simple story and some good jokes even though there are better Lori episode; I liked how she and Carol became friends in the end and Bobby's partwas amusing. 'No Place Like Homseschool' was nice as well, but it wasn't as good and felt a little trite, a little blander and had weaker humor, however I did like the recurring gag with Mr. Grouse and how Lola was the responsible one (and also how her homeschooling was explained instead of using a retcon).

Regarding the latter episode, also I gotta say that I though the whole homeschooling thing felt simplified as I thought that with homeschooling it's a private tutor or a parent who teaches the kids, but here they are just handed a notebook to read and then has a test on Fridays. I also found it wierd that a student can get a period of homeschooling because his/her non-school interests and activities practices clashes with regular school (instead of dealing with those either after school, during weekends and break week or be excused from class like the case where a student has band/instrument practice), but then again I don't know much about homeschooling.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-29-2018 at 09:31 AM.

New episodes will continue into at least next week with the next two after this week's being:

City Slickers
    When Lori and Lincoln visit the city, Lori struggles to be a city girl, while Lincoln finds out that Ronnie Anne has changed.
    Awhile back there was a photo posted of Lincoln's VA with some of the voices of the extended Casagrande family so I can't help but wonder if this episode is what they were recording for. Also nice to see Ronnie Anne, it's been too long since the last time we saw her.

Fool Me Twice
    In order to avoid Luan's relentless April Fool's Day pranking, the Loud family hire stunt doubles.
    So... Another April Fool's Day episode I see. I hope at this point they've gotten the hint that the first two episodes weren't well liked (especially since Fool's Paradise basically repeated the problems from the first episode tenfold and felt like their answer to some of the later Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends episodes in regards to it's overall sadistic tone and mean spiritedness) and actually try to make this one a little different. But considering how the original synopsis for Fool's Paradise made it sound like it would've been a far different episode than what it was, I'm not holding my breath.

'White Hare' seems interesting, much considering it's sort of like an non-traditional episode and does pay homage to the original idea of making all the characters rabbits. The Pop-Pop episode also seems like an promising one.

'City Slickers' sound all good but the new April Fools episode does make me a little worried. I like the tradition of having them but this premise doesn't give me a lot of hope that it will be better than 'Fool's Paradise' which went a bit too far (and I had hoped they would do something a little more original, but since the show does reuse a lot of tried plots I'm not really too surprised).

@CousinMerl, A few people in the FB group I'm a part of are already showing annoyance over there being a 3rd April Fool's Day episode.

I dunno if I've previously mentioned it here before but the original brief synopsis for Fool's Paradise made it sound like it would've been a Day in the Limelight episode for Luan with the camp she was going to being an actual one. There's no denying that that would've been better than what we got which like I said was basically April Fool's Rules again except repeating the same problems as that episode and doing them tenfold (especially the ending).

And while I consider Fool's Paradise to be quite easily the worst episode besides Sound of Silence, I can at least excuse why it seems to exists knowing how long it normally takes to make one episode of an animated series (nine months to a year) meaning that this episode was possibly about halfway into production by the time the reception for April Fool's Rules came in making it too late to scrap it. But now, if Fool Me Twice ends up basically being April Fool's Rules III than they will have nobody but themselves to blame if it gets negative feedback as they should've known of the bad rep. these episodes get by now.

Even with the dislike the april fools episodes get, I do think it's more of a vocal minority and most folks doesn't really think that badly of them.

On another note, I saw that they released a pretty neat 360 experience video.

So last night's episodes were better than what last week had to offer even if I thought White Hare was simply alright.

Chris Savino once said that being told to change the show to what it is today was the best advice he was ever given. And while I normally hate studio interference, this is a rare case where the executives were in the right. While it was nice to see the original idea for the series see the light of day as a one-off, I don't think it would've worked as a full series mainly with the whole 25 sisters thing instead of 10.

I also have a minor gripe about how they keep introducing new girls for Lincoln who aren't Ronnie Anne and basically do nothing with them. First we had Christina who pretty much vanished after Season 1 (still sore about that image of her with Lincoln and Ronnie Annie turning out to probably be fake), then we had Paige who was more or less dropped in favor of New Girl and if the leaked image from the upcoming episode called Be Stella My Heart is any indication it appears as though New Girl will be dropped as well. Though speaking of New Girl, I did like them doing the whole Red-Haired Girl thing with her where we only see the top of her head.

I liked both 'White Hare' and 'Insta-Gran'. The former (Hare) wasn't anything great but it was enjoyable "what if?" episode; it was something different and I liked to see how it could have been if they went with the original rabbit concept (while I think it still would have been good it was a good thing they chose the alternative; there would have been too many sisters and I think making them human increased the relatability); I also liked the callback to the first Ronnie-Anne episode with a direct flashback (the first in the show I believe) & Lincoln meeting a new, unseen girl was interesting. The latter episode (Gran) was a little better and it had some good and fun sequences throughout and a good, fairly realistic twist.

@Walid, did you watch any more episodes? Just asking since I remembered that you said you'd continue watching a some months ago and It'd be interestng to hear about your progress (unless you dropped it, of course).

Just got done watching last night's episodes and so I'll address the elephant in the room first: Fool Me Twice.

Honestly, just like the other April Fools episodes I didn't like this one but it was easily the best of the three. My main problem with the episode was it was painfully predictable in it's middle section with the stunt doubles being sent to humiliate the family to the point of the ending with Luan actually getting her much needed just deserts was mostly cancelled out by how tedious it was. But at least this wasn't Fool's Paradise which as I've said before was pretty much the first episode rehashed and it's flaws cranked up tenfold.

There were a few small things I liked though such as Lincoln's double being an old man, Sam's brief cameo (allegedly she's due to play a major role in an episode set to air next year) and the callback to Lori claiming that her farts are because of her shoes. I really hope this is the final April Fool's episode we get as they've pretty much run their course by this point especially since nobody wanted a second one let alone third.

As for City Slickers, I liked it. Nice to see Ronnie Anne and the Santiagos again and a much better episode for the former than her previous appearance in Back Out There. Also couldn't help but notice that her RW hoodie reminded me of her original design which had her wearing a golden yellow hoodie.

I enjoyed both episodes. I would love to see a spinoff starring Ronnie Anne and all about her,her family and friends. It would be cool. Also, I'm glad Ronnie Anne came clean when she told her friends the truth. Fool Me Twice was a fun episode and I'm that Luan got her comeuppance at the end. I also hope it would be the last April Fool episode.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    @Walid, did you watch any more episodes? Just asking since I remembered that you said you'd continue watching a some months ago and It'd be interestng to hear about your progress (unless you dropped it, of course).
    Unfortunately I haven't had time to catch any episodes; too busy with other stuff. But I'm definitely interested in doing so when I get more free time

The new episodes were both pretty good overall.

City Slickers was the best one of the two as it was good to see the Santiagos and the casagrandes again & the plot itself with Ronnie having kept the fact that she's from Royal Woods like Lincoln from her new friends was nice, but the episode did feel rushed and as if it was intended to be a 22 minute one (I rarely complain about the pacing being too quick but this was one of those episodes).

Fool Me Twice was better than Fool's Paradise but I still like April Fools Rules the most of the three as it was the funniest, but this one was pretty decent, did something new & had an satisfying ending. The middle section got a little dull but it didn't cancel out the end for me). There were a few question marks such as for how long Luan knew about the stunt doubles and how did she convince them to betray their employers but eh, not a big problem. I wouldn't say no to another one but there is only so much they can do with these April fools plots.

Anyway, they were both enjoyable despite the flaws and look forward to more episodes (speaking of which, I like the weekly format a bit better than the occasional monthly episode bombs, even with the fact that there will definitely be breaks).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 02-21-2018 at 10:01 AM.

I read that the show will get a line of collectible figures and plushies which is interesting since I thought merchandising for the show would probably not be a big thing after the Savino scandal so it's certainly surpirising.

http://nickalive.blogspot.se/2018/02...oud-house.html

Show returns on the 9th.

Net Gains
    Lynn is desperately trying to win a basketball championship, but unfortunately she is assigned to a terrible team.
    Pipe Dreams
    Mom and Dad are tired of standing in the long queue in front of the bathroom all the time. That's why they are building a secret bathroom.

A fourth season is greenlit (and also an Casagrande family spin-off).

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...mpanion-Series

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    A fourth season is greenlit (and also an Casagrande family spin-off).

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...mpanion-Series
    Awesome!!! I always wished that they would spin off Ronnie Anne and her family and it happened. I'm also happy for a fourth season.

I like these news too. Seemed like the show begged for a spin-off and I think a series about this family of characters could be a good idea (and yeah, it's good to know that the original show will go on).

Got any opinions on these news, @John95?

@CousinMerl, I'm glad to see that the show will definitely manage to continue on without Chris since Season 4 will be the first full on with him out of the equation.

It doesn't surprise me that we're getting a spinoff with the Casagrande family as this was speculated as soon as Relative Chaos originally aired. I guess I'm looking forward to it, but also bummed that this means Bobby & Ronnie Anne will officially no longer be part of the original series anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    I guess I'm looking forward to it, but also bummed that this means Bobby & Ronnie Anne will officially no longer be part of the original series anymore.
    I really don't think that. I'm pretty sure both shows will cross over with each other every now and then with characters from one of them appearing in the other; it seems to me like they are planning an expanded universe of sorts so guest appearances makes sense.

@CousinMerl, I get that, it's just that I'll miss seeing them as semi-regulars on the original series.

EDIT: OK so after thinking it over, I do see an upside to this which that Ronnie Anne has likely been promoted to main character status now which is good as she was one of my favorite recurring characters from the original series.

Thread Information