Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Next new episodes both air on November 11th:

Legends
    Lincoln and Dad go on Legends of the Hidden Temple, and cannot wait for a whole day of father and son bonding.
    Mall of Duty
    Lincoln wants to go to the mall, but has to watch his younger sisters, so he decides to take them to the mall.
    Not sure how Legends will turn out though I will say that this show was long overdue for an episode that pairs the male Louds together. Mall of Duty sounds like it'll be the better of the two.

After that, The Crying Game and Anti-Social will air on the 20th and 21st respectively. No synopsis for either one yet.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: TBD Stompe le Monde: TBD Mom Sauce: TBD

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I thought that 'Mall Of Duty' had been delayed to the third season due to production problems, but it's nice to know that it's gonna air soon (and the 'Legends' episode seems interesting).

And speaking of the show going on after Savino, I wonder if they will remove his name credit from it (no more 'created by Chris Savino') and also what will happen to the movie (I'm honestly expecting to see a delay or shelving confirmation, but it's possible they will still do it and just have a 'based on characters created by Chris Savino' credit).

So since the third season will reportedly be dealing with more serious topics, what kind of stuff do you think they might cover (I suppose they aim to do it without getting too real and dark)? @John95?

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Next new episodes both air on November 11th:

Legends

Mall of Duty

Not sure how Legends will turn out though I will say that this show was long overdue for an episode that pairs the male Louds together. Mall of Duty sounds like it'll be the better of the two.

After that, The Crying Game and Anti-Social will air on the 20th and 21st respectively. No synopsis for either one yet.
    I agree. It'll be finally great to see an episode with just the male Louds. Even Mall of Duty looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    So since the third season will reportedly be dealing with more serious topics, what kind of stuff do you think they might cover (I suppose they aim to do it without getting too real and dark)? @John95?
    The only one I can think of is Luna's bisexuality being further explored.

What are some more serious topics that you wanna see them do?

I honestly don't know and I don't have any particular wishes, at least not right now. I'll just hope they'll do a good job and take them as they come.

I saw that they have released the details about the final episodes of the year.

"The Crying Dame", November 24 - The children give Lily an old singing toy from the attic to help her stop crying, but it quickly drives them crazy.

"Anti-Social", November 24 - The kids try to convince Dad of the wonders of modern technology after he declares war on their electronic devices.

"Snow Way Out", December 1 - Lana convinces the children to go to the Burpin' Burger to meet her racecar driving hero, despite the heavy snowfall.

"Snow Way Down", December 1 - When Lincoln goes on vacation with Clyde, he realizes how overprotective Clyde's parents are.

I thought the last two would be a two-parter since the similar titles but otherwise they sound good.

Also, speaking of the movie, has there been any words of it's status after the creator debacle? I haven't seen any words about a cancellation so I guess that Nick is still going forward with it.

I can't wait to see Legends. It'll be great to see and episode with just the male Louds . Great bonding.

@CousinMerl, From what I can tell, they're still pulling through with it except that now obviously it's gonna be written/directed by someone else.

So how about those two new episodes that aired on saturday, huh?

Legends - This one was decent, but in no way great. I liked seeing an episode centered around Linc and his dad doing something together, but the execution was uninspired as I've seen this setup several times before (professionals vs. newcomers, a trope that never makes any sense as it's like having a pee-wee hockey team facing an NHL team) and Linc and his dad fighting and bickering felt forced. The ending was decent, but really predictable (I would have liked if they went for something less obvious, maybe having the seasoned pros' replaced with a much less experienced team; it would have been interesting to see the Louds facing one that doesn't do teamwork as well as they do).

Mall of Duty - This was much better and a lot less predictable. It was really fun and sweet having Linc babysitting his younger five sisters and taking them with him to the mall to have a book signed and putting them through hours an electric train ride, after which he has to round them up after they've gone different ways, was a good plot. This one had a lot of nice little jokes and the ridiculousness of the train having literally derailed and speeding around the mall with Lily still aboard and Linc having to get her was fun (I also liked the cameos and roles for Flip and Scoots, who is one of the funnier secondary characters). It also had a nice ending with ducklings.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-13-2017 at 11:50 AM.

I didn't get around to catching the two newest episodes until last night. And I dunno if it was just that I was still burnt out over the awful ''Family Guy'' episode that I saw a few hours before or what, but I honestly just wasn't feeling it for either episode.

That's not to say that they were terrible or anything, at best both were just simply alright. Though yeah, by default ''Mall of Duty'' was better than ''Legends'' but at least the latter gave us an episode that finally paired up the males of the Loud family.

But at the end of the day, both episodes are cases where the behind the scenes info I've heard about them is more interesting than the actual episodes. For example, I found out that ''Legends'' was boarded by a guy whose father sadly passed away the day he received the script for it which probably did influence the episode somewhat.

I heard about the behind the scenes story about 'Legends' and the storyboarder (I saw his tweet with the comparison picture of him and his dad and Lincoln & Lynnr Sr.) and I agree that it was more interesting than the episode itself (speaking of which, do you agree or disagree with my criticisms?).

By the way, is there an interesting story behind 'Mall Of Duty' too? Only thing I've heard was about I possibly being shelved/cancelled or delayed to season 3 before the change was made to put it in it's intended place in the second season (it's interesting tidbit for sure but not better than the actual episode which I thought was pretty good, but I wonder why they had trouble with it).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-14-2017 at 01:29 PM.

@CousinMerl, In regards to Legends, yeah pretty much. Part of me also feels like that was due to the fact that I didn't grow up with Legends of the Hidden Temple. There was also something unsatisfying about Lincoln and Mr. Loud losing to the other team in spite of the latter being jerks and essentially being able to get away with it. Part of me was hoping that they'd get disqualified for cheating or something.

And in regards to Mall of Duty, I haven't heard anything besides what was already out there about it having a delayed production. But I find it interesting in that it was delayed and yet didn't become a holdover like some speculated it would've been. And yeah, I don't really see anything in it that caused the need for said delay.

While I didn't care for either episode, at least the next two have premises that sound interesting. Additionally, these two episodes marked the first time that anything animated on Nick aired in the primetime slot in quite a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    In regards to Legends, yeah pretty much. Part of me also feels like that was due to the fact that I didn't grow up with Legends of the Hidden Temple. There was also something unsatisfying about Lincoln and Mr. Loud losing to the other team in spite of the latter being jerks and essentially being able to get away with it. Part of me was hoping that they'd get disqualified for cheating or something.
    In think that something they could have done was putting the questions as the last bonus challenge where you get bonus or doubled points and while the Louds lost every of the previous ones this is one they really get right (like in the final episode) and end up winning.

I see the next ones are The Crying Dame & Anti Social and they seem interesting, maybe especially the latter one (I've noticed that they really love Lynn Sr.; hope that they utilize Rita instead once in a while).

@CousinMerl, That definitely would've been a far more satisfying outcome that what we got.

Watched the last couple of episodes ('The Crying Dame' & 'Anti-Social') and they were pretty good and better than the last two.

'The Crying Dame' was a solid Lily episode with a fairly original plot about the dancing and singing toy (trying to think of if I've seen this before but I cannot think of anything) and I like how they portrayed Lily's quiet sadness. 'Anti-Social' was a surprisingly good one with Mr. Loud as the lead character (having a very nice satire on people of today being way too occupied with their mobile devices and social media and forgetting actual physical social interaction). I really liked the heartwarming final montage and scene, which pleasantly surprised me by not ending with a gag. The whole episode reminded me of why I like this show.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-27-2017 at 12:51 AM.

@CousinMerl, I pretty much agree with what you said although I felt as though Anti-Social was a little bit of a retreading of Vantastic Voyage.

Other random thoughts that I had regarding the episodes:
    Rita and Mr. Loud were right to refer to Fenton as a demon toy because to me there was something about his face that felt... Off.
    When they showed the newspaper in Anti-Social, I'll admit that I paused it to look and see if there was another headline on it that aged poorly.

I think that 'Anti-Social' did everything better than 'Vantastic Voyage'; that whole ending alone puts it firmly above the other one (and I see what you mean about the toy; if that thing existed in real life I think that some small children would find it scary).

The vibe I got from Fenton is that he is supposed to be a parody of some of those animatronic toys from the 80's that in recent years have been skewed to be seen as creepy such as Teddy Ruxpin (especially if said toy had a moving mouth).

I think they took a lot of inspiration from the Five Nights At Freddy's games that are pretty popular.

On another note, what are your favorites of the regular 11-minute episodes? Don't think there's been much mention of the really good ones in the thread.

Some of the best episodes (in my opinion) have been Left In The Dark, Picture Perfect, Undie Pressure, Toads And Tiaras, Save The Date, A Fair To Remember, Homespun, Suite And Sour, Party Down & Read Aloud.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-30-2017 at 02:24 AM.

And I too can see that. His face reminds me of the fox from that game.

10 best episodes of each season (in no real order):

Season 1
    Along Came a Sister
    In Tents Debate
    Driving Miss Hazy
    Butterfly Effect
    House Music
    Save the Date
    The Waiting Game
    Homespun
    Raw Deal
    Study Muffin

Season 2
    Suite and Sour
    Back in Black
    Lock n' Loud
    Patching Things Up
    Cheater by the Dozen
    Party Down
    Shell Shock
    L is for Love
    Yes Man
    Friend or Faux?

So tonight's the finale, huh? Just from what little I've seen of the previews, they probably should've swapped the order of which segment came first.

The final two for the season looks good judging by the promo I saw (but yeah, maybe they should have gone with the snowed in story first).

I believe the snowed in one you're referring to is Snow Way Out which will air first and actually looks good. Snow Way Down is the other and looks like it'll be boring.

Just saw last night's episodes, and my previous opinion still stands that they should've swapped the orders of the segments. Snow Way Out was fine while Snow Way Down was boring, kinda had the same effect that Snow Bored did last year in which it didn't really feel like a proper season finale. Though in the case of Snow Bored, I prefer that one over Snow Way Down and it also has the excuse for being delayed to be the finale while the original intended season finale (Homespun) was aired a few months earlier.

Other random thought:
    Nice to see Grant Palmer still voicing on the show even if he's not Lincoln anymore since he was the Burpin' Burgers employee.

I saw the episode and 'Snow Way Out' which came first was pretty good (I liked how they did the morality tale, cruel as it might have been with Lana having to go to Flip for help even though he was so mean to them, and it had some nice twists and turns) and 'Snow Way Down' was decent at best (didn't think it was bad but it definitely wasn't as good; I liked the portrayal of Clyde but I didn't like how it pretty much only relied on his dads being ridiculously overprotective for humor).

Legends: It was okay but could have been better. Seeing Lincoln and his Dad fight was annoying and them making up was predictable. I would have loved to see the other team go thru the airport in their underwear if Lincoln and his Dad have won

Mall of Duty: The best of the two. Seeing the train actually go off the track would have cool. I'm glad that everybody made up at the end.

Looking back at the second season as a whole, how was it?

I think it was partially a step up from season one with a lot of good plots and development for the characters, but on the other hand it wasn't as good and felt slightly inferior (much as it did have more outright weak and/or bad episodes than the first one) although that might just be me. Looking forward to the third season (which will be interesting much since it'll be the first one without Savino).

I consider Season 2 to be an improvement over the first mainly for how there were more episodes to break away from the Malcolm in the Middle-esque style that the series started off with to the point where it felt like forever whenever an episode like that would pop up again (for me at least).

That said, yeah there were definitely more stinkers this time around. Which episodes from this season were your least favorites? @CousinMerl.

Worst of S2: Brawl In The Family, Making The Grade, No Such Luck, Fool's Paradise, Change Of Heart, Legends & Snow Way Down.
    Best of S2 (aside from the 3 long episodes and those already mentioned): Back In Black, Patching Things Up, Shell Shock, L Is For Love, Spell It Out, Garage Banned, Lynner Takes All, Friend Or Faux & Anti-Social.

You have a good point in that it was a good thing that they expanded and developed the show by moving away from the original format by doing things like focusing more on the characters outside of Lincoln and doing some slightly more experimental episodes. I've been giving the season some more thinking and decided that it's slightly better than the first (the 3 full length episodes and the Loud parents promoted to main characters definitely ups it), but I still consider them to be fairly even in quality (and the bad ones aren't even that many); it's kinda like comparing season 2 with season 3 of The Simpsons (both of which I consider pretty much equally great).

Edit: Updating this with a question that I thought of; with a lot of the characters having been expanded upon throughout the two seasons, what major one(s) aside from Lincoln are the most three dimensional and well-rounded right now? @John95?

Of the sisters I'd say Lori and Lola. I noticed that these two weren't especially popular in the beginning but they have definitely grown and gotten a fair amount of character development and depth which has given them more likeability (and they are dynamic enough that you could easily just write them against any other character and get a good, fun scene, especially Lola who seem to play off against most others really well).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-13-2017 at 07:41 AM.

Yeah, I'd also say Lori & Lola for the reasons you pointed out. I was one of those people who thought that I'd hate them at first when the show started if some of the first released episodes were any indication.

To a lesser degree, I'd also say that Luna & Lisa was somewhat expanded upon due to the former being confirmed to be bisexual while Friend or Faux? showed the latter at her most humane thus far. Of course, these were only one episode for both (so far) but still.

Thread Information