Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-ri...ve-154068.html

Sorry for the double post but um... Yeah, apparently this happened...
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: TBD Cat Fight: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Blog Entries

the next skyler page is he. given that the report says it was Dozens of ppl he seems quite guilty but i'll wait like a good boy. wonder how this'll affect the Theatrical Film (or yknow the show itself...)

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

@tormented, I'm hoping that the show doesn't go the same route as AD! where it keeps going on but you can tell that the crew is entirely lost without the head person that's no longer present.

That said, Clarence was able to still go on pretty well without Skyler Page from what I've heard (not a fan of that show).
    Last edited by John95; 10-17-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Blog Entries

this seems like itll be a more difficult situation (page wasnt very involved in clarence outside of doin the voice whereas savino seemingly plays a big role in loud houses production) and plus this definitely throws a wrench in the 2020 theatrical movie nick recently planned out

Yeah, The Loud House is pretty much Savino's baby as many elements of the show are drawn from his own life (such as him being from a family of nine or ten) and directed most of the episodes up until his removal.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-ri...ve-154068.html

Sorry for the double post but um... Yeah, apparently this happened...
    If that is true (which it seem to be) then holy crap; he's in a world of shit now but he only has himself to blame.

This will definitely affect the show to some extent since he's no longer on board (although there have been other shows when the creator wasn't involved later on and it could still function well, although this is different because of him being so involved in the show) and I guess the film will be postponed at best, but I can see them pull the plug on it.

This is terrible news. Now I'm worried that the show's going to fall off and suffer the same fate that other cartoons did in their early years. Or just slowly phased out by the network because they no longer see a future in it.

The article was just updated with additional info from an artist who remains anonymous which reveals that Savino is sadly no better than Harvey Weinstein in regards to how much of a dirty scumbag he turned out to be...

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Real bummed about this. Seemed like such a cute show, crazy to think the man behind it is so disgusting.

The article was just updated with additional info from an artist who remains anonymous which reveals that Savino is sadly no better than Harvey Weinstein in regards to how much of a dirty scumbag he turned out to be...
    Something I've picked up on when reading the reactions to these news is that Cartoon Brew is unreliable and have posted untruths before (I dunno how true that is since I don't keep up with news sites like that), but it does seem to ring true, even more so now when more women in the business have come forward. I wonder how his wife and kids are taking this; it must feel just as terrible for them as for the victims.

What I'm surprised over is that Nickelodeon has just suspended him instead of fired him. I'm waiting to see how this develops, but I hope they don't needlessly drag things out, gives him the boot and appoints a new showrunner from the Loud House crew.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-18-2017 at 12:30 PM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

This sucks to hear, but I hope the show can survive without Savino. Clarence did improved without Skyler Page (except the second half of season 1; season 2-3 are officially better), so maybe the show can still be good without him.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

Get the impression this is way more Savino's show than Clarence was Page's tho...

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

Not a Loud

It was alright. This episode got hyped like crazy over on the show's Wiki though.

3/5

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997, Sam

'Read Aloud' was one of the better episodes in a while (funny and with an down-to-earth and ultimately heartwarming story) and 'Not A Loud' was decent and had it's moments, but was much weaker, sort of uninspired as far as the Lincoln-Clyde stuff goes and the resolution with the reveal about the story of Lincoln's birth was almost shark jumpingly stupid, but at least it made me laugh a little.

Speaking about that twist, I know there's been a lot of silly and unrealistic gags before, most of which are connected to an 4 year old who is a genius, but those have been simple goofy jokes and Lisa ihas been exaggerated like that from the series' start so I can buy those things, but this is supposed to be an important part of a character's canonical past on top of feeling contrived so I think they reached too far. If I had to be honest I would have preferred if it was a lie.

Speaking of Flip, why did you think Come Sale Away was a disappointment? I myself don't really care for the episode either by the way.
    I just don't think it was all that good and felt very cartoon show generic. It also went too far with them selling all the stuff in the house, getting scammed by Flip who took advantage of a baby having lost her blanket (which was kinda mean-spirited) and the ending was pretty dumb with the family doing their twerking victory dance in their empty house. The plot was decent but it needed better writing.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-30-2017 at 02:23 AM.

@CousinMerl, You're not alone in thinking that the reveal of how Lincoln was born was dumb and stupid, a lot of fans from what I've seen have been criticizing that aspect. I'll admit that I'm still unsure what to think of that moment myself. All I know for sure is that Read Aloud is the only episode from this week that's worthy of being rewatched at a later time. Pretty disappointing week for the show overall.

Yeah, I can understand that. The way you described the ending for Come Sale Away basically makes it sound like Miracle on Evergreen Terrace except if you sucked out 90% of the mean spirited aspects that makes that episode damn near unwatchable!

Blog Entries

Really sucks about the creator being suspended.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997

The way you described the ending for Come Sale Away basically makes it sound like Miracle on Evergreen Terrace except if you sucked out 90% of the mean spirited aspects that makes that episode damn near unwatchable!
    I wouldn't say 'Miracle' is unwatchable but I do think they went way too far making it so dark, mean-spirited and unpleasant; I understand that they didn't want a classic happy Christmas episode but they overdid the negative aspects and then they ended it on such a bizarre note. I'd say 'Come Sale Away' (which has a similar ending) did this kind of episode better since the tone was much lighter and definitely not as bleak (but in both cases I wonder how the families got all of their stuff back).

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@CousinMerl, Miracle for me is a prime example for why I feel that combining Christmas and mean-spirited is a combo that very rarely works. Other examples where such combo fails in my books includes the first Family Guy Christmas special (which I'm in a very small minority on) and most of the American Dad! Christmas episodes starting from Rapture's Delight onward.

Chatting Simpsons Since '93 Brad Lascelle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wail-id View Post
    They've since reassessed their position and have now outright fired him. Sounds like it was perfectly justified.
    SEASON 31 RANKINGS
    The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2.5/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5
    THOH XXX = Danger Things - ?/5 / Heaven Swipes Right - ?/5 / When Hairy Met Slimy - ?/5
    Gorillas on the Mast - ?/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - ?/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - ?/5
    THANKSGIVING OF HORROR = ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5 / ?????? - ?/5

http://www.cartoonbrew.com/artist-ri...ns-154121.html

Good that they they stopped beating around the bush and did the right thing.

(Also, good that the show itself won't get cancelled. A perfectly nice show like this doesn't deserve to end because of the creator's exit).

25. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

https://twitter.com/LoudFamily11/sta...09475389517824

A newspaper gag from Heath Kicked which aired a few months back that clearly didn't age well...

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Dark Homer

There's also this one from 'The Loudest Yard' (which feels oddly prophetic now).

https://78.media.tumblr.com/12775d8a...w2ro1_1280.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wail-id View Post
    Yes it does. But I know the show will go on with the same heart and soul it always has.

I hope that the fans (and even the more general viewers who more or less regularily watches it) doesn't lose faith or hope in the show and continues to stick by it. I think it and all of those who are currently involved in the making of it (such as the animators and voice actors & actresses) especially needs support in a time like this. Hang in there.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-22-2017 at 02:09 PM.

I myself will gladly continue to support the show in spite of what went down this week.

Also @CousinMerl, I should've mentioned this a few days earlier but I believe that part of some people's reactions to Cartoon Brew breaking the story initially is the possibility that they didn't want to believe that such a good show could be created by a man like Savino.

And honestly, I myself can relate because I did the same thing when it was revealed that Steve Whitmire was fired from the Muppets where I was refusing to believe that a man like him could have such long-term issues that lead to his termination.

Blog Entries

The cartoon brew guy is now insisting the show is forever tainted and needs to be cancelled, like the writers and animators should lose their jobs for having the misfortune to work for a sex predator

33. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

honestly i find it more problematic that Savino will still profit from the show over the fact that its loosely based on his life because that aspect diminishes the impact that other people have had on the series creatively whereas him pulling in money every time it airs is an unavoidable reality, unless they cut him off somehow but i'm not sure that will happen as long as his name is on it (clarence guy didn't lose his credits so i imagine he still made money, i could be wrong here though it's just a guess). i definitely dont think it should be cancelled, but i wouldnt moan at people who think its gross to have it air.

It's a difficult situation, that's for sure.

I think they first off should cut Savino's ties to the show completely and remove his name so that he doesn't make any money from it but I don't think they should cancel the show just because the Cartoon Brew guy wants it. It's terrible of him to demand they put a lot of talented people out of a job just because of them unknowingly having worked for a creep, but there is a point in it still being based on Savino's life (maybe they could retool and/or rebrand the show but maybe it's time they started wrapping it up if that doesn't work. I dunno).

http://deadline.com/2017/10/fired-th...ns-1202193104/

Well, at this point nobody can deny the claims anymore when the man himself owns up to his actions.

Sadly, I won't ever be able to view him in a positive light the same way again since he'd been knowingly doing this for 18+ years with threats of blacklisting you if things didn't go his way.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    The cartoon brew guy is now insisting the show is forever tainted and needs to be cancelled, like the writers and animators should lose their jobs for having the misfortune to work for a sex predator

Amid is an absolute prick, and always will be. Lots of these are animators who came to him in confidence, and now he's twisted that trust into pointing fingers and demanding for them to lose their jobs? He's just fed by his petty ego wanting to yank an entire show off the air.

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    honestly i find it more problematic that Savino will still profit from the show over the fact that its loosely based on his life because that aspect diminishes the impact that other people have had on the series creatively whereas him pulling in money every time it airs is an unavoidable reality, unless they cut him off somehow but i'm not sure that will happen as long as his name is on it (clarence guy didn't lose his credits so i imagine he still made money, i could be wrong here though it's just a guess). i definitely dont think it should be cancelled, but i wouldnt moan at people who think its gross to have it air.
    The crew definitely is defending keeping the show on the air, as they're proud of their work regardless of Savino's past influence. I get not being happy about it but to lay blanket claims like Amid did and demand for Nick to essentially drop the show and studio or else the animators support the views of a gross individual? That's just being a dick.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Thread Information