Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Just a general question: what do you think of the overall voice acting on the show? Got any favorite performances?

I think the voice acting (and casting for that matter) is really good especially for a non-adult cartoon. The voice performances could easily have had really overbearing and/or annoying but it's not and I cannot fault it; the casting is overall solid and I think everyone does a really good job (and I appreciate that Lincoln and Clyde are voiced by actual kids and while Loud sisters' voice actresses are grown women they do sound like the character's respective ages, unlike instances in other show where the VAs doesn't really bother changing their voices when voicing kids and other younger folks).

I also really like the voice casting of the show myself. Favorite performer is Grey DeLisle for being the most versatile of the cast as she voices the most sisters plus their genderflipped counterparts as well as a handful of other smaller characters of all ages like that one kindergartener in Friend or Faux?, Scoots and Aunt Ruth.

Honorable mentions of the main cast goes to Lara Jill Miller and Nika Futterman. The former for being able to voice the second youngest sibling even though she herself is 50 (ironically, I've heard her voice characters who are older than Lisa yet sound younger than her. Definitely has to be that lisp), and the latter for voicing my favorite of the sisters as well as the memories I have of her being characters like Olga from Hey Arnold!, Lola from CatDog and Smellerbee from Avatar.

Regarding the secondary cast, my favorites are Susanne Blakeslee, Rob Paulsen, Jeff Bennett, John DiMaggio and Kari Wahlgren.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: TBD Demolition Daddy: TBD Pride Before the Fail: TBD Enter Stanman: TBD No Weddings and a Funeral: TBD Eight Fires: TBD The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: TBD Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

I have to agree that Grey is the best (not saying any other voice actor on the show cannot come close); I especially like her performances as Lana and Lola and it is a lot of fun seeing her act against and having conflicts with herself (that's one reason I'd like more episodes about the twins) and she does surprisingly good work as Lily (I know she is talented and has done some good voicework, my favorite of which has to be Azula in Avatar: The Last Airbender, but I didn't know she'd be this good at actinging as a baby).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-01-2017 at 11:45 PM.

I'd say that Lara, Nika and Jessica DiCicco all come pretty close in regards to how versatile they can be on this show especially since all three have voiced at least one genderflipped character.

Gotta agree that Azula is easily DeLisle's best role. Two months ago one of my friends on DA did a poll asking people who their favorite Grey DeLisle role was, and to the surprise of probably nobody Azula dominated that poll with 35% of the votes going to her while 2nd place was a three-way tie between Sam from Danny Phantom, Frankie from Foster's and Daphne.

Speaking of Lily, I found out about a year ago that this isn't the first time Grey's been cast as a baby. She previously played Ron's adopted sister Hana in the final season of Kim Possible.

@John95, what are your thoughts on the Loud House movie coming in early 2020? Got any particular hopes and wishes for it?

I heard that they are gonna make it so it will be accessible even by those who haven't seen the show and I think it's easy to do with there not being a lot of continuity or lore, but I do hope it won't take place in some alternate reality and never be referenced to in the show if it continues past the movie. I also hope that much like The Simpsons Movie they insert as many of the secondary characters that has appeared until then as they can even if it's for a cameo (though I hope that a lot of them will have speaking roles).

Blog Entries

I think there's a good hope that it'll be accessible on a wide scale i.e. be easy enough to understand for new audiences yet have plenty of references for established fans to like.

A bit like Bigger Longer and Uncut was for South Park, looking back.

@CousinMerl, Not really hoping or wishing much for it yet other than that it's good.

Blog Entries

when I was in the hospital a few months ago there was like nothing on tv, and I needed something humorous so I turned to nick and saw loud house was on. don't remember all the episodes I saw, but I saw No Such Luck, one where Lincoln wanted to sit at the 'adult' table for meals, one where he started helping out his comedian sister with routines{I'm bad with names}, one where they were trying to get the one sister to appreciate snow days and she goes overboard, one where Lincoln and one of his sisters try to save a bunch of frogs from being dissected... I liked most of what I saw. the show has some nice humor and I like the love that Lincoln and the family clearly have for each other.

not really sure what to expect from a movie, but I hope to be caught up before that's out anyway.

I feel bad for you that you caught No Such Luck (considering it's infamy and how I feel about it), @Walid, but the others are all pretty good. Nice that you seem to like it well enough.

Blog Entries

i actually didn't mind no such luck that much but yeah it was pretty easily the weakest of the bunch

plus it being one of the first episodes i saw i didn't really notice the 'mean spiritedness' as i had nothing to compare it to so i'm sure once i eventually watch the rest that episode will fall in my opinion

@CousinMerl, Speaking of No Such Luck, allegedly Savino defends the ending to that episode saying that "Lincoln got what he deserved"...

Quote Originally Posted by Walid View Post
    i actually didn't mind no such luck that much but yeah it was pretty easily the weakest of the bunch

plus it being one of the first episodes i saw i didn't really notice the 'mean spiritedness' as i had nothing to compare it to so i'm sure once i eventually watch the rest that episode will fall in my opinion
    It think it will stand out more as you watch more and more of the series. It's one of the few real missteps of an show that also usually keeps the mean spirited business to a minimum.

I'd like to see the source of that statement made by Savino (but no matter what he or anyone else say who try to defend it says, the ending was handled poorly; Lincoln already learned his lesson, explained himself to the rest of the family and apologized but then they had to continue it in the same fashion instead giving it a more suitably heartfelt ending or one where it just flips it around by making the rest of the family believe they are bad luck instead, which could have been a funny switch).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-06-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Blog Entries

yeah, looking back to just the other episodes i mentioned, it did seem a bit too mean at times. especially the ending.

like there's other moments where characters are mean of course, but they always learn their lesson and resolve the conflict. here that didn't really happen at all

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

I think you nailed one big reason why the episode doesn't work for me. There are other episodes where characters behaved like jerks but pretty much all of the time they learn their lesson and the episodes does usually end with the conflict in question resolved and theres some sort of heartfelt moment. This just forcibly dragged out the suffering until the end shot.

16. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@CousinMerl,

This image comes from the FB group that I'm a part of. The reason why I said allegedly earlier is because some of the groups admins are questioning the legitimacy of whether Savino actually did say this or not.
    @Walid, Well, if you thought the whole conflict wasn't resolved and no lesson was learned element was bad, than you're really not gonna like the April Fools episodes.

That tweet is interesting but it does feel kind of dubious considering it's just quoting him with no source.

I still think that the first April Fools episode was pretty good and that the ending was fine; maybe no lesson was learned but the conflict was resolved with Lincoln getting the last laugh while Luan kinda got her just desserts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    [MENTION=17229]
    @Walid, Well, if you thought the whole conflict wasn't resolved and no lesson was learned element was bad, than you're really not gonna like the April Fools episodes.
    thanks for the information. I'm actually curious to catch up with this show{Not that there's not much to catch up on, but still...}

any other episodes that stand out, as particularly good or bad?

@CousinMerl, Yeah, but just like in Fool's Paradise she showed no remorse making it as though it wasn't even worth it.
    @Walid, Some that stick out positively:
    House Music - The first episode where Lincoln isn't the main focus but instead focuses on one of his sisters. In this case, Luna.
    Save the Date - The first appearance of Ronnie Anne.
    11 Louds a Leapin' - The first full half-hour episode.
    Cheater by the Dozen - Or as I'd call it: Radar: The Episode because I still can't believe the Three's Company levels of stuff they do here that they were able to get away with!
    The Loudest Mission: Relative Chaos - The second full half-hour episode and one that changes the status quo.

Ones that stick out negatively (meaning don't go into these ones with much expectations):
    Sound of Silence - You can kinda tell that this episode likely only went through one draft and wasn't looked over well enough because of the very questionable treatment of Lincoln throughout.
    The Loudest Yard & One Flu Over the Loud House - Both of the episodes are the same for me in which they're OK for the most part, but have very bad and stupid endings that completely screw the entire episode over.
    Brawl in the Family - I don't hate this episode quite as much as many others do, but it does rub me the wrong way with how it contains a "Moral" that's very broken and easily corruptible.
    Fools Paradise - This episode basically doubles down on why people hated April Fool's Rules and repeated the same problems tenfold while also creating a few of it's own.
    The majority of the episodes that focus more on Clyde than the sisters - The more Clyde episodes you see, the more likely you'll pick up on how he just isn't that interesting of a character and also suffers from having a very annoying running gag that was only funny the first time but now has become very tired and trite.

Some of the episodes that stand out to me as good and hasn't been mentioned above include 'Undie Pressure' (simple premise but funny and showcases the characters and their little quirks), 'The Ties That Bind' (just a fun episode), 'A Fair To Remember' (good bonding episode between Lincoln and one of the major supporting character and with one of the funniest uses of Clyde), 'Suite And Sour' (great family episode with the parents as the leads) and 'Homespun' (sort of like an clipshow but one where we haven't seen the clips before and it's a solid one).

As for some of those mentioned in the bad section in the above post, I liked 'Sound of Silence' as previously stated (it must because how I find Lola an funny character) and 'The Loudest Yard' & 'One Flu Over The Loud House' were both pretty good (especially the latter which was kinda great) & don't think their endings were bad or ruined the episode; I liked how the former was a case of Realism Ensues and the second was a funny subversion of expectations and I think it worked. Have to agree about 'Brawl In The Family' being one of the weakest episode though (and I'd like to add the disappointing 'Come Sale Away').

And as someone who doesn't dislike Clyde I'd have to say that not all of the episodes starring him in a major role are that bad at all ('Dance Dance Resolution' and 'Baby Steps' stand out as good Clyde-heavy episodes) and he can be kinda funny (sorry @John95). I suggest you make up your own opinion on him as well as the mentioned episodes, @Walid.

Blog Entries

i just like to get an idea of what to expect from certain episodes. do that with a lot of shows. i appreciate the suggestion though

They have put up a couple of the podcasts on Youtube and I'm pretty sure the rest will follow.

Also, what characters and episodes do you like the most so far, @Wail-id?

Blog Entries

it's hard for me to pick characters because I've only seen a handful of episodes but so far i like clyde, as far as characters outside the family. as for the family, i like luan and lisa the most so far

as for episodes, I really liked the snow day one I mentioned as well as the one where Lincoln helps Luan with her comedy acts{I didn't catch either of these episodes' names, so sorry for that}. I really look forward to eventually catching the rest, especially the Christmas special because I hear good things about that one quite a bit

That Halloween special sure was a lot of fun!

What'd everyone else think of it and who had the best costume. My vote goes to Lori's ("I literally vant to suck your blood!").

Watched the first two-three minutes of it the other day. Will report back in when I've seen the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Watched the first two-three minutes of it the other day. Will report back in when I've seen the whole thing.
    You'll love it. It was great.

I watched the Halloween ep yesterday and yep, this was an excellent episode (They really seem to knock it out of the park with the full-length ones). Good story with great atmosphere and spookiness (some of it might be a bit too much for younger kids IMO), animation and a lot of good moments as well as gags (and Lynn Sr. gets some of the funniest moments as per usual, this time due to him being a scaredy cat who hates Halloween; it's clear they are having so much fun with the character and it's nice they also let Rita be a part of the wackiness too. She deserves more episodes).

Also, I won't forget to mention the song which I really liked. It was like a combination of Michael Jackson's Thriller and a Scooby Doo chase song and I loved the crazy visuals (there's nothing like an trippy musical scene with wierd colors). They are putting a surprising amount of effort into the songs and I hope there will be a CD release with all the songs from the series (both the in-show and promotional ones).

And best costume? Uh, I think I'd say Lisa's kangaroo suit with the pocket for Lily (dressed as the baby Kangaroo) in the front and the mechanization which allows her to jump around in it, but I really liked a lot of the others too such as Luna as a skeleton, Luan as a mad scientist, Leni as a headless body and the hamster in his ball as the head which was pretty clever (and the twins swapping around three different sets of costumes to trick their way into getting a bigger haul of candy was pretty amusing).

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I thought it was as amazing as SpongeBob's. Both had musical numbers, but I think Loud House wins for better Halloween-themed song. i think the animation does it for me. While it was kind of confusing in the middle in terms of how the plot was handled, the rest of the episode made up for pretty funny moments and good characterization. Like SpongeBob, this is another 10/10 special for sure.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

No Spoilers

Nice to see Leni have another episode, too bad it's also the absolute definition of mediocre. Despite only being 11 minutes, this episode kinda dragged.

Still better than Change of Heart, so there's that at least.

2/5

No Spoilers was a very good and enjoyable episode, much because of Leni being so silly and loveable as usual but it also had a good story and jokes. I liked how they brought back some characters that haven't been seen in a while.

@CousinMerl, True it was nice to see Flip (who works best when he is in small doses) again as well as Dr. Feinstein (who I hadn't seen in so long that I forgot who he even was until Lisa pointed him out).

Speaking of Flip, why did you think Come Sale Away was a disappointment? I myself don't really care for the episode either by the way.

And as for today's episode, it was a step up from yesterday's.

Thread Information