Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Wow, that was fast. They're changing the voice actor already? Tex has to have voiced Lincoln for the shortest amount of time in the series (aside from Sean Ryan Fox in the pilot short), hasn't he?

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Wow, that was fast. They're changing the voice actor already? Tex has to have voiced Lincoln for the shortest amount of time in the series (aside from Sean Ryan Fox in the pilot short), hasn't he?
    Well, Grant Palmer did it for only three quarters of the first season if I remember well. But yeah, only one year for Hammond, that was pretty short. I wonder, by the way, if Lincoln's voice has to remain of the same kind in season 5 despite he and the other characters growing up a bit.

@Wile E. the Brain, I did a check up on the TLH wiki and it would seem Tex was Lincoln for a bit of a longer time than Grant, though his tenure felt shorter and I was thinking that the latter did the voice for a longer amount time but nope, only for three quarters of Season 1 before getting replaced with Collin Dean, who was the only one who voiced character across an entire season (which would be Season 2).

However, on the page for Collin it says the following (I wonder if it's updated with the correct info because if it is, then Grant wins over Tex):

Out of the four English voice actors who have voiced Lincoln (the others being Sean Ryan Fox, Grant Palmer, and Tex Hammond), Dean has done the most work voicing him so far: a total of 66 episodes over the course of eighteen months, surpassing Grant Palmer who voiced him the second most (voicing him in 44 episodes over the course of five months).

A little late to the party but my thoughts on the previous two episodes are more or the same as yours @CousinMerl for Can't Hardly Wait & @Wile E. the Brain for both episodes (A Mutt Above also being good but the clear weaker of the two).

On a side note, I agree that it's nice to see a return to Luan & Benny's relationship so soon as Stage Plight was one of my favorites from this year and it's also a shame to see Tex lose the role as Lincoln so soon. Hopefully he'll still be allowed to continue being on the show in other roles like Grant Palmer.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: TBD Connie's Celica: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Good to see you pop up with your brief thoughts on the episodes, @John95

Though there seem to be some misconception about my thoughts on 'A Mutt Above'. It's not a great episode and I think of it more or less the same as Wile E. as I do find it the easily weaker one of the two (due to the clichéd content) but it's still a good one nonetheless since the good parts with Lana & Grey's solid voice acting made it work so I think of it pretty much the same as both of you.

Ok, so I'm double posting but the other day I came across internet short they released back in late September, called 'No End In Bite', and it's an Lucy story to boot; how I missed that one I have no idea (and seeing it now I found out where that official-looking screenshot of Lucy and Edwin which I saw earlier came from). Strange with a short without a title card, though.

@Wile E. the Brain & @John95, you guys seen it (and what did you think)? If not, here's a link (the short ends at 2:32, then there's an added clip from 'Fandom Pains' for some reason):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGh3NLTWNJw

My brief thoughts on it is that it's a nice little short episode: Lucy self-inserting in one of her books was a fun idea, it was nice to see the latter again after 'Fandom Pains' & some of the gags were amusing (my favorite was Lucy hissing at Lynn). I wonder if they will ever do an episode where she meets him in person (or rather meets the actor playing him).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-05-2019 at 12:54 AM.

Plots for the latest announced episodes scheduled for November 16th:

'Good Sports'
    Lynn finds an unexpected TV sports watching buddy in the family's next-door neighbor, Mr. Grouse.
    'Geri-Antics'
    When Lisa realizes that Pop Pop won't be around forever, she turns to science to ensure his longevity.
    The first one sounds like it could be a good one (interesting pairing for sure; never would've guessed there'd be an episode about those two). The second one sounds alright too but also like it could go one way or the other (due to maybe getting too unrealistically crazy & I'm also getting some vibes of predictability from it).

Expect my thoughts on 'Love Birds' and 'Rocket Men' in a short while. Haven't seen them yet.

Both of them sounds good and interesting to me. I do agree that Lynn and Mr. Grouse being together for an episode is surprising yet it has potential especially regarding what they're bonding for. The second one, it reminds me a fanfic where Lincoln was about to die and Lisa tried everything she can to ensure his longevity. I never would've expected such a plot being the center of an episode and yet I'm impressed it will be. While I'm also a bit afraid that this can go too unrealistic, this can be a nice way to cover such a mature topic. And I never say no to a Lisa episode, she deserves more.

Anyway, @CousinMerl, yes I did when it came out, and I'll probably talk about it if you want, as well as the two new episodes, in a short while too (but not yet, once again a bit too busy).

@Wile E. the Brain, I'd very much like to hear your take on the short and the new episodes when you can. Will read your review of the latter two when I've seen them (which will be soon enough).

Also, I just learned that the storyboarder Jordan Rosato has exited the show and Nick Animation a few days ago.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B4XijIZjg4f/

I found this to be rather sudden (just a couple of days ago I watched her recent drawing tutorial video of her drawing Lana & Lola and I figured she wouldn't leave this soon). She's a very good storyboarder and I really like her style of drawing the characters so it's sad to see her go. Wishing her good luck in the future.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-05-2019 at 11:41 AM.

Just adding my two cents on the last couple of episodes (just doing a quick writedown so I'll probably do some editing later). Spoilers as usual.

'Love Birds' was an cute episode centered around the family pets, nothing more and nothing less. There's been a while since the last one ('Pets Peeved') so it was nice to get another one; also, this time they did what I thought they would've done the last time (but there it didn't last beyond the first scene), namely keep the human characters' faces hidden (except for those seen on TV) which I liked. It was an amusing little story of Walt the bird getting depressed after finding out his crush was just a plastic flamingo which prompts Charles, Cliff and Geo to set out on a quest to find the perfect bird girl to pair him up with, finally finding a duck but running into some trouble when she wants to migrate to a more tropical climate for the winter; plot-wise it wasn't anything special and it sorta felt like a short dragged out to 11 minutes but it was amusing with the pets going about & the ending was pretty sweet. I bet an episode like this is hard to like if you don't care about the pets (this goes for all shows where there's episodes focusing on the animal sidekicks) but this one I found nice as I like those guys well enough. Not one of the season's best but not so bad.

'Rocket Men' I liked a little bit more, due to a story I could get into easier and had better pacing. Having Lincoln & Clyde at space cadet camp was a good plot and also relatable with the two of them not liking it very much after one day and wanting to go home, calling their parents (who wants them to not come home so soon because they might end up liking it). I liked the camp scenes (though they didn't seem to have had that of a miserably day so them wanting out that soon felt a little weird) and there was some good moments with them trying to sneak away at night. The flight simulator part (which they accidentally walked into) was good too (maybe the standout part with the expressive animation) and I quite liked the ending where they, despite now wanting to stay, having to face their parents who came to pick them up, admitting they don't want out now & being understood; nice ending (though would've liked an montage of them enjoying camp from there on out). Also, I liked the detail of Clyde losing his shoe in the space toilet and spending the rest of the episode wearing a clunky space boot on that foot.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-09-2019 at 06:58 AM.

@CousinMerl, overall I agree with you regarding those two episodes.

Love Birds was a nice little episode centered around the pets, maybe slightly better than Pet Peeved which was good as well. Though just like you, I didn't feel like it had enough material to fill the 11 minutes runtime, and therefore, it was quite repetitive after a while. Also, yeah this is the kind of episode that will be appreciated depending on how you like the animal sidekicks of the show, but I like them enough to find this episode pretty enjoyable, and even a bit touching. Maybe a bit too cartoony regarding the animals acting like human beings (though far from being as ridiculous as the Kitty in Kings of the Con) but likeable nevertheless, I like the fact this one did what Pet Peeved only did for a short time with the human characters having their faces hidden, considering we see the episode from the animals POV (though sometimes, it felt weirdly made like Lisa having her face hidden by the leaves, it felt more like it was made for the joke rather than for the idea of completely seeing it from an animal POV), and without that much dialogue, I liked some jokes like Lana being able to read the duck's letter or Leni searching her beach umbrella until Lincoln reminds her it's fall (her "It is ?" is priceless), and the ending was heartfelt. Good episode.

Rocket Men was a very nice surprise. Sammie Crowley said that this episode was personal to her and I think a lot of us can easily relate in what Lincoln and Clyde are coming through, with them being excited at the idea of going in a space camp until they find it's less enjoyable for them than they expected. And you can replace the idea of the space camp with anything else that the idea still works a lot, the main aesop being about how sometimes, you have to stick out what you want to do instead of giving up too soon. That's a good lesson in what is overall a very solid episode. I don't feel like the whole part before the flight simulator with Lincoln and Clyde trying to sneak out the camp was that necessary (though entertaining enough to overlook) but I don't have any real issue with this episode, it's pretty funny and heartwarming at the same time and it reminded me why I feel like Lincoln and Clyde are an underrated duo (regarding how some people complain anytime there's an episode centered around those two, or even only one of them for that matter). I loved the overly enthusiastic yet emotive camp counsellor by the way. And the ending was one of the highligh with Lincoln and Clyde actually enjoying something in the camp and wanting to give it another chance and the parents understanding them. I really like the fact than the boys were willing to left the camp despite starting to like it because they called their parents and made them coming to the camp, it was mature from them.

And also, No End to Bite was a very likeable short. Seeing the story that Lucy reads from her mind's POV was nice, I liked her interaction with Lynn and the conclusion with the latter being remorseful about her sister's book and coming with another one to patch things up, also it reminded me the conclusion of the subplot of The Haw-Hawed Couple with Lucy being more satisfied by the ending she came up with than with the actual ending of the book, and nice plot about the power of imagination, so yeah, solid short overall. I wonder who wrote it considering there's no title card.

And lastly, yeah I saw the news about Jordan Rosato. She was one of my favorite storyboarders of the show and it's impressive to think that she was here from the very beginning of the show (besides Savino's pilot short), and her boards were always full of nice details, I think I said it before but she has a skill for making this universe as full of life as possible. I wish her a bright future in other opportunities and I can't wait to see her contribution to The Loud House Movie.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 11-09-2019 at 08:05 AM.

Sorry for double posting but I saw the new episodes and I thought it would be good to talk about them while I can before being too much busy again. Unmarked spoilers as usual.

Stall Monitor was okay but kind of a disappointment. I saw some kind of backlash for this one before it aired because of the plot seemingly making Lincoln looking like an idiot again, but I personally liked the idea of Lincoln trying to avoid a parent-teacher conference, thinking his teacher would say something negative about him, I think it's an idea that some of us can easily relate to, but I feel like the execution was clumsy and they tried to much to rely on silly comedy rather than on story. Lincoln becoming too much paranoid about this conference is lazily made, it would've been more easy to understand his fears if he actually has made something noteworthy in a negative way before the conference, instead of just a misunderstanding over Mrs. Johnson saying that she has something important to tell to his parents. I don't really get why his friends help him to try to avoid the conference to begin with, instead of being reasonable and thinking that Lincoln should go to this conference (especially Stella), especially since Lincoln has no proof that he will have a negative comment during it. And so, at first I wasn't annoyed by the fact the ending was predictable just by looking at the synopsis, but since the execution was pretty poorly made, I can't help but feel that it was a bit of a waste of time in term of storytelling. But, I won't lie, the episode is still entertaining enough, quite fun to watch, there's some very funny bits and I think Mrs. Johnson was the higlight and proved that she can be one of the main focus for an episode, she provides some great moments. Also, it was pretty nice to see some of the students' parents, like Rusty's father once again, it was the first time we saw him since Back Out There, wasn't it ? (Though I didn't really cared for the scenes with Zach's parents, which were a bit too over the top.) And the animation was very well paced and expressive thanks to Jessica Borutski's skills. And Lincoln deserved the punishment he gets at the end and it didn't feel like a completely sour ending since it still shows a positive side of Lincoln (in a weird way like Mrs. Johnson said), so overall, I still think it's OK but it could've been better. Also, I'm pretty sure this episode will split up the fans because of how paranoid and sometimes stupid Lincoln looks in this one (pretty embarassing bit with his clothes), and because he gets punished at the end, after some other episodes of this season where he's considered as a jerk (but I still think some other episodes of this seasons show him in a more positive light like Rocket Men so I believe some people exaggerate a bit towards the writers, he's not perfect and neither are his sisters and that doesn't mean that he can still have more positive moments in this season).

A Pimple Plan was a very good Luan episode, I'm always in whenever a Luan episode comes up, especially when it's the occasion to deepen her and her insecurities as a teenager, and so, seeing her being worry about her date with Benny because of a pimple was interesting to see. Of course, we all know how it will end once again, but this time the execution was way better. I liked seeing her siblings trying to help her to get rid of the zit, with more or less success until Leni comes up with a genuinely good idea, but that isn't bullet proof and so Luan still tries other tactics to hide the pimple until she decides to reveal it. I think the execution really adds something to Luan and seeing her willingly showing her pimple to Benny to explain why she hides from him was mature from her, gotta give credits to Cristina Pucelli's performance by the way during this scene. Of course, Luan was very cute during her moments with Benny, the animators seemingly had pleasure by animating her and making her looking as adorable as possible, and her chemistry with Benny works so well. Also, I think there are some funny moments, especially with Mr. Coconuts, and Luan's emergency bag (that Lincoln opened only to get a pie in his face; his "yup" cracked me up). And I think this episode also has a good attention to detail. Furthermore, it looks like Luna is more easily grossed out by the pimple than the rest of her siblings, noticed how much she looks disgusted by it whenever she sees it (and being the only one to make a "no" head signal when Luan asks for help) and being the first one to make a harsh reaction about it ? It's pretty weird and I think it needed a bit more explanation, but at least it's more because of the pimple and she's still supportive towards Luan when she goes to see Benny (by saying that Benny is a lucky dude), but she could have been a bit more supportive I think (also, I'm still hoping for a Luan/Luna episode someday in the future, I forbid the show to end before we have at least one genuine moment/episode between those two, the show lacks of this). At the opposite, I noticed how Lori wasn't much in fond of Luan trying to get rid of the zit instead of thinking that Benny should accept her as who she is and it's very nice from her to be the supportive big sister, and once again there's a good attention to detail (when the siblings try to hide Luan, she's the only one with a worry expression towards the comedian and she wore a proud face when Luan decided to show the pimple to Benny, it's pretty great). Anyway, very good episode.

Also, I want to add my two cents about one aspect of the show and I'd like to know what do you guys think about it, but what is your opinion about the predictable side of the show ? Personally, I can overlook this a number of times because I think the execution is the most important part and because The Loud House showed a lot of time that it can do great things with a predictable plot, but I also can't help but think that those times, we have more episodes that have a very predictable conclusion just by looking at their synopsis and it lacks a bit of surprise like in previous seasons which have some ingenious episodes that were able to surprise us and not relying too much on the conclusion with a scheme that can look quite repetitive at times (someone being worry over something, trying to solve it until he reveals everything on a sweet music and etc.). And so, somehow I understand why some people lost a bit of interest towards the show. What do you guys think about it ?
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 11-10-2019 at 09:34 AM.

I'm a few days late to give my thoughts on the latest two episodes so sorry for the delay, @Wile E. the Brain. I was a little busy that Sunday and only ended up watching the Casagrandes episodes of the weekend but now I'm here to comment on these and well, it was a decent couple. I don't think I'll be writing as much as you did above and will keep things fairly simple (you also covered some things I would have).

'Stall Monitor' wasn't very good, but it was alright for the most part. Having it be a plot about Lincoln and his parents (as well as his friends and their parents) go to a parents-teachers conference at the school was a good one & Lincoln misinterpreting his teacher Agnes Johnson saying she's got something special to say to his parents and being paranoid it's something bad & tries to delay it all in various ways made sense even though he was silly but it feels like something he'd do. There were some things I liked, such as meeting the parents of the other students, both those we've seen before (Rusty's dad), heard of (Liam's Mee-maw) & those we've not seen before (Stella's mom); I also kinda enjoyed Zach's weirdo tin foil hat parents who are obsessed about aliens (strange how he's sane with parents like that). I also liked the extended role of Mrs. Johnson and how she got a lot to say and do, especially interacting with Lincoln and friends.

I didn't have any big problems with how Lincoln overreacted and went to such lengths to keep his folks away from Mrs. Johnson (and his friends caring to help him shows how tightly knit their friendship bond is so it made sense) & how he was punished in the end (I think he deserved it and I thought it was great how he accepted all the punishment; with how immature and stupid he acted in the episode it was a surprise to see him admit it and being mature enough to be opent for punishment). I also liked Mrs. Johnson commenting on his creativity, which the whole charade in this episode showed, with how he played keep-away with her and had Rusty impersonate her (that was an amusing scene with Rusty and Lincoln's parents; also nice end bit with his punishment). The episode was a little lazy and predictable (like you said), but it was still okay. Decent stuff.

'A Pimple Plan' was an episode I really liked. Not the best of course, but really fun and also a little sweet with it being another Luan and Benny episode (so glad they carried that pairing over from before, like with Luna and Sam). Good Luan-centric plot about her getting a big pimple on her cheek on the same day as her first date with Benny (it makes so much sense to have an episode about the teenage woes of bad skin & having it be about Luan instead of someone like Leni was particularily unexpected and original). There was some really good and fun moments with all her siblings sticking up for her to help her get rid of the pimple, each with their own way (well, aside from Luna, whose continous visual disgust and not directly willing to help Luan came off as weird; I'm guessing she's had some real bad experience with bad skin but we've not seen any of that so we cannot know). I also liked Lori wanting her to not cover it up but wanting her to go to Benny as is with the expectation of him accepting her, pimple and all, which was a really good advice.

There's was many fun little gags with Luan's various covers for her pimple being blown over and over & her desperately trying to hide it and her siblings having to come to her aid just as much (which also had some neat bits, like Lincoln opening up her bag and getting a pie to the face & Lola having used up all the makeup they had on her stuffed bear Mr. Sprinkles) & I quite enjoyed Mr. Coconuts being a prominent "character" once more (for a ventriloquist dummy) and his continued romance with Benny's marionette puppt Mrs. Appleblossom (to have them have this side story thing in the Luan & Benny episodes is great). Luan coming clean to Benny after her siblings form a wall infront of her was a great scene with solid acting from Christina Pucelli and him not caring about the pimple but seeing all that's good with her was sweet, also nice end with the photo booth; the outcome was predictable but it didn't matter as the story was handled really well. Solid episode all around.

As for your final question, I have to reiterate what I just said in the last paragraph; even if there's a bit of predictability with outcomes or messages or whatever it usually doesn't matter a lot to me as the stories are generally handled well, not only the plot and the humor but the characters and what they say and do. Sometimes the road is more important than the destination so even if some stuff is easy to see beforehand, it's not much a detriment to me as there's still many things to like about the episodes and guessing correctly on how some things turn out in the plotlines doesn't make things worse for me so no, I usually don't find those moments of predictability that bad (either on the show or on it's sister show either).

Sure, some of the episodes could be a little less predictable and more original and unexpected & less repetitive (which can reveal lazy writing) but for the most part I don't mind it much. Besides, the show obviously does play around with a lot of recognizeable tropes, clichés and story beats and it doesn't feel like it's out to be one of the most original and unpredictable animated shows and because of that it's should be expected to sometimes be a little familiar and predictable (which to me excuses much of the predictability), I think.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-12-2019 at 03:13 AM.

I'm a few days late to give my thoughts on the latest two episodes so sorry for the delay, @Wile E. the Brain.
    No problem. You don't have to be sorry for that, it's no big deal at all, and it's not me who will blame you for being some days late for a review (especially if you were busy). But that's still nice to read your thoughts about this couple of episodes.

I didn't have any big problems with how Lincoln overreacted and went to such lengths to keep his folks away from Mrs. Johnson (and his friends caring to help him shows how tightly knit their friendship bond is so it made sense)
    For some reason I thought Lincoln here acted more like Clyde would (not just because of the paper bag gag), in fact in some way it reminded me a sort of Absent Minded but inverted regarding the main characters (and also way more entertaining than Absent Minded was). I don't have a real problem with him being paranoid about what Mrs. Johnson would or would not say during the conference, but I think it would have been better if he had real reasons to be worried about. With only Mrs. Johnson's comment, I thought it was pretty lazy.

And yeah I also thinked about it regarding the fact his friends are willing to help him, and in some way yes I really like the fact they'd be glad to help Lincoln no matter what, but in a situation like that, I can't help but feel they should've been a bit more reasonable.

I definitely agree about the ending, with Lincoln accepting his punishment in a mature way, and Mrs. Johnson praising his creativity. It really shows him in a positive light in some way, and I appreciate that.

I forgot to talk about Mr. Coconut role in A Pimple Plan, which I appreciated as well. He and Mrs. Appleblossom apparently having a mind of their own for quick scenes is the kind of surreal humor that I like in this show, and that's good to see him more prominent.

And yeah I agree with your opinion about the predictability of some episodes. Like I said, the execution is the more important thing in my eyes, and that's why I, in general, don't have a problem with episodes having an ending that you can pretty quickly guess (depending on the situation, though, if it's some kind of mystery episode, it's a bit more problematic), as long as I see the characters, the humor and basically the things for why I love The Loud House. And the way those moments of predictability are executed is generally nice enough to overlook (in the case of A Pimple Plan for example, I loved the ending despite being hard to not know it from the beginning). But sometimes, I can't help but feel that the show can still come up with more unexpected things here and there, and I can somehow understand if some people lose a bit of interest therefore (which are their opinion, not mine). We all have moments were we don't care that much about an episode because it looks predictable, after all (like your thoughts about the plot of Geri-Antics). But that's not that much of an issue, still, I do agree with you, I don't mind it that much either (and I said quite a few times that this show is able to do great things with the plotlines it uses even when they are familiar), but it was still something that came to my mind.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 11-12-2019 at 07:54 AM.

@Wile E. the Brain, point taken about Lincoln not being too strongly written in 'Stall Monitor'. It almost felt like a throwback to Season 1 when he could act kinda questionably exaggerated, also how he could turn into kind of an jerk and ends up having to owe up to his deeds, though as said, this was a time when he definitely deserved it (but as said, I liked that he admitted he did bad and accepted whatever punishment with open arms and a smile; in that respect it felt less like an early episode and like an current one).

The fact that several slam this episode and say that it's more "Lincoln torture porn" is ridiculous (and this comes from someone who thinks him getting punished has usually been more or less warranted, with only some episodes felt really unfair with the treatment of him, like for instance the properly maligned 'No Such Luck').
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-17-2019 at 11:34 AM.

In related news, Nickelodeon has made a new deal with Netflix, which includes 'The Loud House'.

https://media.netflix.com/en/press-r...ound-the-world

The fact that several slam this episode and say that it's more "Lincoln torture porn" is ridiculous (and this comes from someone who thinks getting punished has usually been more or less warranted, with only some episodes felt really unfair with the treatment of him, like for instance the properly maligned 'No Such Luck').
    Yup. Also, there's still some people who believes that Lincoln is only depicted in a negative way with recent episodes, and once again I think they should rewatch Rocket Men and also understand the whole point of Stall Monitor, where he's paranoid and gets punished yes, but has also proven to be a creative and resourceful boy.

Anyway, let's talk about the couple of episodes of the week, and I guess the last one for a while by the way (but this time I was glad Nick decided to go with a regular timeslot for several weeks, it makes the gap less annoying). I must say this was a very good couple, I enjoyed the heck out of both of the episodes.

Good Sports is a sweet episode that revolves around Lynn and not only her passion for sports but also her needs to be with someone to watch the sports with her, it's pretty nice and relatable to see her like that (that way you can relate to a character like her even if it's not by watching sports that you want to bond with someone, but another activity; kind of reminded me Lincoln back in Changing the Baby). And the episode did make an interesting duo out of Lynn and Mr. Grouse, the grouchy neighbor being a sports fan himself. Not only it's very nice to deepen Mr. Grouse and showing a more passionate side out of him, not only it's great to hear a bit of its backstory (involving his former wife, I guess she's not in this world anymore), but his bonding with Lynn felt genuine and they covered all the steps, from the difficult beginnings to the mutual joy of seeing sports, until the rivalry comes around with Lynn and Grouse not supporting the same baseball team. But the episode has a great message about having fun by doing something with someone, even if they don't support the same side. It's a straightforward episode that works so well, it's full of nice moments between the sports girl and the grouchy neighbor, whether they're funny, sweet, or both (like Lynn initiating Grouse to her dance moves) and the last part is great. This episode made me smile a lot, as well as the next one.

Geriantics indeed was yet another very good episode. I wondered where they'd go with such a story, revolving around Lisa trying to ensure that Pop-Pop would live a long, long life to be with her, and fortunately they didn't go with the crazy surreal stuff that I feared at first. So Lisa decides to initiate Pop-Pop to another life style that should ensure his longevity but that is very difficult to follow, given the fact he's supposed to eat fish only and swimming in cold water for 30 minutes right after a long time in a room heated up to 90 degrees, among others. But Pop-Pop has a very fair point by wanting to make the most out of the lifespan he has, instead of making sure to live for a long, long time if he's forbidden to do the things he loves. Pop-Pop always has been a character that I really like and this is surely one of his best appearances, he's still very fun and energetic but also heartwarming. We already knew with The Old and the Restless that he just wants to have fun and enjoy life, so it's a whole lot of potential while coming against Lisa's desires to ensure his longevity just to take away from him the things he likes to do. It's a wholesome episode where both of them are loveable, I just love the special bonding Lisa has with her grandfather, and it's also an entertaining episode (did I already say how much I think Scoots is an hilarious character ? Well, she still is here). And once again, the last moments are a lot sweet, and Lisa is cute when she realizes her grandfather's point of view. Don't know if I found this one better than its sister episode, but sure thing, it's just as good, and it's definitely the best Lisa episode since Friend or Faux.

Haven't posted on here in awhile, but now that we seem to be done with new episodes for the year I figured that I could talk briefly about them.

The best of the bunch were Love Birds and both of the ones that aired yesterday.

The weak link for me was Stall Monitor. It was OK, but suffers from an outcome that's telegraphed pretty much instantly thus the episode drags a little as you wait for the obvious All for Nothing ending. Though to the episode's credit, it wasn't as boring as Absent Minded which this episode reminded me of, it was cool to see the parents of some of Lincoln's parents (like Zach's dad, voiced by Curtis Armstrong of all people!).

And yeah, I've also been seeing people claim that Lincoln's become more unlikable as well (like the FB group that I'm a part of). But like you guys, I don't see it and it seems to be another case of overreaction from the fans much like how most reacted to King of Cons.

I managed to watch the latest couple today so my turn to chip in with my views on them.

For the most part, I think I'll agree with you on these @Wile E. the Brain (like we agree on the Lincoln non-issue which a lot of fans seem to have a beef with); this was a really good, if not great, duo of episodes. Liked them a lot.

'Good Sports', damn, this one was surprisingly good, I'd say. Very simple and to the point premise of Lynn bonding with Mr. Grouse over sports since the latter turns out to be a big sports fan too but it really came together just about perfectly. As said earlier, this was a pairing I'd never thought they'd come up with for the show and they really made it work in this very likeable down-to-earth story. They humanized Grouse more with him showing yet again that he can be a softie and a cool guy and we also got some development with him outed as a sports aficionado (with his sports-watching den/rumpus room clad with memorabilia) & a little about his late wife who was a sports fan too (loved that we also saw a photo with her) & Lynn was great too and quite likeable (maybe her best episode so far next to 'Lynner Takes All').

Their bonding was done well with the steps of them first getting together for the football game where they cheer on the same team and then being split apart over being fans of the opposite baseball teams, but gradually finding a way to still be able to watch and comment sports together. Many fun bits (really liked the stuff with how Lola, Luna, Leni & Charles the dog were all uninterested by sports; kinda reminds me of me as I'm not much of a sports fan either. Still really like sports-themed episodes though as they are usually really well written and this was as well) and it had an great ending too. Very good episode with nice characterizations.

'Geri-antics' was a real good one as well (and it turned out better than I thought it would). Good plot about Lisa getting worried by the thought of Pop-Pop probably not gonna live for much longer and trying every trick she can think of (like having him eat raw fish and take ice baths) to make him live a very long life so that he'll be around forever; it feels like something a bright kid probably would start thinking about when it comes to their elderly relatives and it was executed well, never getting too crazy and unrealistic like I feared as Lisa sometimes skew the semi-realism of the show a little too much) and an amusing story. Pairing up Pop-Pop with one of the sisters instead of Lincoln felt long overdue, he is as likeable as before & Lisa spending time with him was pretty sweet.

Good stuff with her sneaking around to make sure he follows the instructions and and making him a special suit to ensure him not falling back to his old habits, but him wanting to live his life as he sees fit gets in the way and he feels too restricted, causing Lisa to understand him being sad about it. They make up and she lets Pop-Pop make the most of his remaining days. Nice ending with him going back to his usual lively business and Lisa being happy about it (also the end stinger with Scoots finding the suit in the garbage was hilarious; she's such a scene stealer and a veryfFunny character like you say, Wile). Neat and likeable episode like the preceding one.

If these are really the last episodes for the year they picked a great couple to end this regular timeslot run with (sad that these are likely to be the last one for the year, though I do hope for at least one or two eps in December, unlikely as that is). Sucks to have another hiatus but hopefully it won't be longer than a month or two.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-18-2019 at 12:55 AM.

No news on any surprise episode for this month but I still found out about a couple of things.

According to an official blog, the Loud House Netflix movie is expected for 2020 (previously said to be 2021 I believe).

https://nickalive.blogspot.com/2019/...new-shows.html

Also, the show was voted #1 in an recent Nickelodeon 'Best of 2010's' poll.

https://twitter.com/nickandmore/stat...23318569463814

If The Loud House Movie really will be released in 2020, that'd be neat, I also believe it was previously planned for 2021. Do you think it can be considered as official ? In a way that's nice because that means the making of the movie is definitely in progress.

@Wile E. the Brain, I don't know how trustworthy this NickALive! blog is with these kind of reports, but seeing as how Netflix is expanding itself (recently they have been reported to be buying movie theaters) and is trying to compete with other big streaming services (such as the already huge Disney+) it's entirely possible they have pushed up their two Nick features ('The Loud House' movie as well as the 'Rise Of The TMNT' one) a year.

We will just have to wait and see, I guess, but it does feel like it very well could come out next year (as it sounds like the progress with it is going well, unless they hit a snag and have to push it back) so I'm hoping for it.

I found out they released a new video on Youtube last week (some sort of Vlog with Ronnie Anne and Lincoln) and giving part of it a listen (the so called animation is horribly lazy so why even make it a Vlog and not a podcast I dunno), it seems like with this we have the debut of Tex Hammond's successor as Lincoln's voice actor. Whoever it is does an overall solid job, but probably has the highest voice pitch of the Lincolns' so far (but I wouldn't say it's a detractor).

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzy9seUDp78

Also, something else I was thinking of was that with the decade coming to a close, how has 'The Loud House' been overall and how does it stack up against other animated series that premiered over the last ten years? Your thoughts, @Wile E. the Brain & @John95?

For me it's really been an great surprise overall. I didn't expect much and it really ended up being an super enjoyable charming show with fun characters and solid, well written plotlines with a lot of heart & an unique, recognizeable artstyle. Judging it against some of the other great animated shows of the decade I'd say it stacks up very well. Other animated shows of the decade has stronger plotting and other has maybe stronger humor but there is something to 'The Loud House' that makes it just as good, charming, enjoyable even in comparison. It's not groundbreaking but a clear success and a good, enjoyable and memorable time. One of the animation highlights of recent years
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-12-2019 at 05:42 AM.

Thread Information