Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

@CousinMerl, I got the pun but like you said, it's a bit of a convoluted one (but I guess I should expect such a pun from Luan's mouth, aha). Come to think of it, Lori actually already was kind of a waitress in Job Insecurity for a short time (I guess, it was never shown onscreen), I wonder how they'll handle it now Lynn Sr. has his own restaurant. We can also think of The Waiting Game but it was for a place as short as an arcade so it's a different thing. Also, remember the time when Luna was a "here today gone tomorrow" waitress as well, aha ?

Like I said it's not because of Lana since I think she's an underused sister too (and not a single one of them should be overlooked; heck, her twin has probably twice more episodes than her), and Charles as a focus is also a nice touch, but I'm not a lot fond to this plot and I have the feeling I can already guess how events will go on in this one. But that doesn't mean I'm not interested at all by this episode, I'm still curious to see it of course, how the show will handle such a plot since it showed many times it has talent to make episodes with simple plots quite amazing. We'll see.

Never heard of this show before, to be honest. But I was indeed talking about the Loud family. Just wanted to make clear that I want to see them as their alter ego remaining the focus along with Lincoln and Clyde when the cat will come up into the plot, and not the two boys only.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

@Wile E. the Brain, I forgot about Luna being a waitress in one of the episodes. Anyway, Lori as one make the most sense (also, since she was one in 'Job Insecurity' and the arcade thing, both of which you mentioned, it feels natural) and hopefully it'll be an episode that delivers.

And I'd happily take any Lana episode they throw at us. She does deserve more focus, especially (and how about an episode where we properly get to meet her friends? As I've said before she's the only sister who hasn't got any friends we know anything about, let alone any names).

I haven't seen anything of 'Full House' myself and I honestly don't care about it but I know of it and what it's about. I just thought of that show when you used the term.

Can't Hardly Wait and A Mutt Above both will air on October 26 and two new episodes that'll air one week before were announced :

Tails of Woe
    When Stella's music box disappears at school, the gang immediately suspects a student urban legend known as the Rat Beast.
    Last Loud on Earth
    After a night of zombie movies, Lincoln and Clyde find an empty Loud house and assume it's a zombie apocalypse.
    I love the premise of Tails of Woe, it looks really interesting, I'm a sucker for episodes revolving around urban legends and since I love Stella as a character, it's nice to see her getting more focus. Last Loud on Earth sounds like a pretty fun episode (though I wonder if "zombie apocalypse" and "flu" are the same thing in this universe, aha). Also, it's nice to see we'll get at least four new episodes and a special this month, I hope they won't be a way too long hiatus afterwards.

So two new Halloween episodes? Neat. Both of them sound pretty good and interesting to me so I'm looking forward to these too. The recent hiatus feels like it's been too long already and hopefully the next one won't be too long like you say.

Briefly stopped by to say that it's nice to see that we are getting more than an episode or two this month, and they all have interesting premises. I'm definitely down for more screentime for Lori, Lana and Stella.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: TBD Shanksgiving: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

The comic-con episode 'Kings Of The Con' aired yesterday and I will check it out as soon as possible. I've been looking forward to this one and it'll be nice to see the Loud gang as their 'Full House' group hero alter egos again, but the brief reactions to the episode I've read have not been kind (with some even saying it is the worst episode of the series) which makes me really worried.

Saw it yesterday and I must say some fans did go a little overboard with this episode (some of them even talked about quitting the series... talk about exaggeration), but I won't lie, I thought it was pretty disappointing. I'm gonna make a full review of this special pretty soon.

I'm guessing it's mainly the Lincoln-Clyde plot that falls flat on it's face. That seem to be a weakness in an number of episodes.

Well, I never really minded Lincoln-Clyde plots, at least it never bothered me that much, and I do believe they have in general the right to be here and that they can be really good sometimes. But this time, yeah it was a problem and like I said, I will explain why it was in my opinion later.

I've watched 'Kings Of The Con' and well, it wasn't nearly as bad they make it out to be in comments on the wiki and on social media, but still, wasn't much of a fan of how it turned out and I'd honestly call it a pretty bland and dull & a little boring affair overall, going a bit too far in a few places for my taste (also I'm not using any SPOILER tags).

What disappointed me the most was that they had such a good idea here with the gang going to a convention, but they never really did anything with it, just settling for Lincoln and Clyde being set onto going to an Ace Savy convention and making the Loud sisters to go with them (dressed up as the Full Deck gang from their fanmade comic) just to try improve their chance of winning the big contest (where the winner gets to appear in the upcoming Ace Savy movie). While the story was underwhelming they could have done something with it but it was mostly about Lincoln and Clyde trying their utmost to impress the judges and so that they would be picked as winners but having bad luck and having the sisters get all the attention. It felt like the sisters were window dressing and they never really did anything with them until the climax.

Having Lincoln and Clyde being tryhards who messes up over and over and got annoyed that the sisters steal their spotlight was iffy and got old fast & then crossed a line by trying to manipulate the judges by staging a kidnapping of The Kitty, the cat star of Ace Savy, by abducting him to pose as his savior. I think this is maybe the worst thing the've done together and it painted them as selfish and petty losers. The cat (The Kitty) was way over the top. Him being this grand star who's this sentient, upright standing ninja cat who can spit hairball projectiles and throw catnip bombs was just bizarre; I have no problem with animals acting human-like for the random joke or so but this was taken so far, especially with a big part of the ep being Lincoln and Clyde against this super-cat and it turning into this deadly battle. It just went too far and got way cartoonish.

The best part was definitely the Loud sisters and their scenes and jokes (such as Luna and her jetpack, Leni and the truck ejector seat and Lana's various moments; she got some good bits in this one). While the episode forgot about them for an while I liked the climax of them coming to Lincoln and Clyde's rescue and fights off the cat (despite it being jarring with the cat not really being the bad guy but having been pushed to it due Lincoln and Clyde); good scene. The ending with the boys admitting they staged the catnapping and lets the sisters be crowned Kings Of The Con was nice (No "queen" correction joke?). The boys get punished for what they had done was understandable, but with them being honestly sorry I think the ending should've been uplifting; the sisters should've stepped in and vetoed for the boys to star in the movie too seeing as how they realize the two are big fans which they are not. Not a good end but not awful.

So overall, didn't hate it but it was just one big missed opportunity with not a very interesting Lincoln-Clyde plot that made them into selfish jerks, underuse of the sisters, that cat being way too intelligent and humanlike in behavior (making it too cartoonish) & the whole thing having this bitter, cynical and pessimistic tone (maybe that's just me). There were the sister scenes and assorted jokes and little moments that I thought were good but they weren't enough to save this rocky episode. They could have done much more but opted for a pretty threadbare story with more than a few missteps (though I guess there are sime good morals in there about not being selfish jerks who try to ruin the fun for your friends and going to a convention to have fun and not just to win some contest, especially not by using people or by manipulation).

Not terrible or anything due to some bright spots (never stooping to the level of 'No Such Luck' or 'Brawl In The Family') but very flawed and my least favorite of the season so far. Whitney Wetta & Sammie Crowley have usually written good ones but this ended up being sort of a dud; too bad this was their last one together. It would've been better as an regular 11 minute story as it really felt stretched thin for the most part, but in the end, it was about middling grade alright. It's pretty overhated (Series-quittingly bad? That's just silly).

I read that it got abysmal ratings along with the Casagrandes premiere (worst ratings of the show to this point) and I hope they'll bounce back from this hiccup.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-18-2019 at 10:25 AM.

I agree a lot with you. Though I think there's more problems regarding the characters, and I mean all of them, not only Lincoln and Clyde, and overall, even if that was a pretty OK episode (something like 6 out of 10 in my book), man was it a disappointing one. Like you said, this episode felt like a huge missed opportunity because let's be honest, a complete episode with the entire Full House Gang was long overdue, even if not for something like a "Ace Savvy Universe" but for a con, this looked really promising on paper but they just botched it.

Most of the focus is on Lincoln and Clyde trying to get attention from the judges and I didn't really cared about it. It just felt repetitive and way too long after a while, I mean, it looked life half of the first 11 minutes were about that. I don't get how the writers couldn't thinked about a better plot with such potential in their hands. Like, I don't know, another bunch of kids being disguised as the Full House Gang and a competition between them and the real ones, that would have been a lot funny I think. But no, most of the focus is around the two boys doing uninteresting stuff.

Just like you I felt like the cat was too much cartoonish for my taste. I can handle cartoonish stuff in this show but mostly when it's just for quick elements or jokes that don't have a huge impact on the script, but the cat, though it was a fun idea to consider that a cat is seemingly the most vicious villain of the Ace Savvy Universe, was just too much. But at least it led us to the best part with the sisters coming to Lincoln and Clyde's rescue, with a pretty fun fight and I hoped the entire episode was as fun as this part, but it's only for three minutes or something. Some jokes worked well overall (Luna's jetpack, Leni on the ejector seat and still being stuck on it while coming into the fight, or the cat actually spitting powerful hairballs and Clyde's "I thought it was special effects"), but for a 22 minutes episodes, it can get really boring at times.

But like I said, I think my biggest problems was the using of the characters. The sisters to begin with, when Lincoln offers to them to go to the con with their respective costume, and them being not interested before he says they can be in a movie if they come. I mean, I felt like the sisters just go with Lincoln just to be famous and not to please their brother (remember when Lincoln willingly accepted to be in the Mortician Club to help Lucy to be president ?). Felt a bit selfish and they look like they don't care about characters Lincoln created for them (and then I wonder if they helped Lincoln in Pulp Friction just in order to be famous too, though some parts looked like they really were interested by their characters). So because they go with him just in order to be in a movie, I didn't really liked how it was them who got all the attention while Lincoln and Clyde, who are big fans and basically allow the sisters to be there to begin with, were just left behind. Lisa literally said she wouldn't have been the Card Counter without Lincoln, but the judges not giving a damn about that felt sour. Also, why the judges would seperate the sisters and their brother while they are in the same team to begin with ?

Lincoln and Clyde eventually turn into selfish boys as the episode goes on, but the problem is that they made the mistake of giving understandable reasons for the way they acted. So I can't really blame Lincoln for trying to get the attention by stealing one of the actors of the show, even though it was a lot jerkish, I admit, but since Lincoln basically got stabbed in the back about something he loves, while the sisters get all the fame while seemingly being not interested by Ace Savvy in the slightest, I can't really blame him. Therefore, the ending left a bad taste in my mouth because of how pessimistic it looked. I handled well the ending of Sleuth or Consequences because Lincoln willingly took Lucy's defense as the big brother he is and because the ending felt positive for him afterwards, but there, even though it's because of something they did and even though the very idea of Lincoln defending his sisters was nice, I felt bad for Lincoln and Clyde still being left behind with a literal shitty job, while none of the sisters tries to defend him. It's understandable that they got punished for what they did, but still, it was too much sour for my taste, and I'm someone who has nothing against a bit of mean-spirited once in a while in this kind of show. And like I said, I don't think the sisters deserved the opportunity they got (and they basically stole Lincoln's wallet by the way) and they made Lincoln and Clyde's motivation too much understandable, which was a mistake. I would've buy it if they were against another bunch of Ace Savvy fanboys who were about to win fair and square.

So all in all, even if I still think a lot of fans did go overboard with this episode (I saw insults and menace of quitting the show once and for all, some people just don't deserve the show they watch), I can't help but feeling that this was a wasted opportunity. So much potentiel and they choose to go with a pretty thin, mean-spirited (that's not just you) and also boring at times plot, with some highlights nevertheless. It's not only the weakest episode of the season so far, it's also the weakest and most disappointing special of the entire series so far.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 10-16-2019 at 09:36 AM.

Hot Coca Bang Bang from The Cleveland Show and #GothomCon from DC Super Hero Girls are better episodes taking place at cons.

Yeah, the best way I can sum up King of the Con is that it had a good start and ending, but a pretty weak middle. OK episode at best, but pretty disappointing. I'd still say that Pranks for the Memories is the worst of the season so far. Hopefully the next ones are better.

@Wile E. the Brain, it annoyed me a lot too that the sisters being cynical and not giving a shit either about the con or the characters they helped to create (and were based on themselves) and only gave a rats ass once told about the contest. I thought that after 'Pulpit Friction' and all the times Lincoln helped and covered for them they would have loyality but I was wrong. They were sort of shallow, uncaring jerks and it does sorta make you look back to that episode and wonder if them being into the whole comic thing was because of the fame itself, not because it was any fun.

As for the judges, they were petty and abritraty when it came to judging (I don't even know what aspects about the cosplayers they were out to judge and what the criteria was). Gushing over the sisters after like two of them did something impressive and not caring about Lincoln and Clyde, despite them being the reason that the Full Deck gang exists, not to mention having pretty good outfits and at least trying was ridiculous (Also the judges getting angry and looking at them even worse over a few honest accidents like Linc accidentally splurting ink from the pen on them was just odd and icing on the mean-spirited cake. Hotheads much?)

And about the cat, as it got more exaggerated I was wondering when the cat would remove his head to reveal that it was just an little person actor in a costume but it really was an actual cat. Also, they could easily have had it just be an normal cat and that alone could have worked but they had to make it all extremely cartoonish.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-18-2019 at 09:34 AM.

Ok, I'm double posting here but I gotta say I'm kinda surprised you thought 'Kings Of The Con' wasn't that bad @John95, maybe mostly as how you're usually not a fan of the majority of the Lincoln & Clyde episodes (among the fan backlash I've certainly seen the complaints about it being one of those and that being a reason why it sucked). Mind telling why you didn't dislike it and found it okay? Just curious.

Also, what did you think of the sisters refusing to go to the convention until it was mentioned that the prize of the contest is going to be in the movie (making them seem self-serving gloryhounds)? The complete disinterest and lack of loyality from those who were fully into Lincoln creating a comic with characters directly based on them and helping out themselves in 'Pulpit Friction' was staggering.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-18-2019 at 09:28 AM.

By the way, the more I think about this episode and the more I find it pretty confusing regarding the characterization and who we are supposed to stand for.

I mean, on one hand, Lincoln and Clyde are indeed jerks for "catnapping" the Kitty in order to be Kings of the Con, but I can't help but feel sorry for them regarding how they are coldly left behind by those jerkish judges (and not jerkish in a good way, like Doug and Michelle from Really Loud Music; the judges of the Con made no sense whatsoever) and in profit of the sisters who are just here in order to be famous while seemingly not caring about Ace Savvy in any way (at least in this episode) or pleasing their brother, and who never would be here without Lincoln and Clyde. (Also, I don't think Lincoln and Clyde just wanted to use the sisters only as "tools" to make sure to win, but as some kind of bonus to get closer, which was understandable.)

On the other hand, they still are jerks for going as far as what they did in this episode and they indeed deserved to not be in the movie in that way, but with the way the events did go on for them and the way they were stabbed in the back, I somehow wished they could be in, and not with the shitty job (which was going too far by the way... even if the Kitty's evil smile managed to make me laugh). Besides, in A Grave Mistake, Lucy did have the opportunity to be co-president of the Mortician Club despite cheating and almost ruining a funeral. I thought it was too much "all's well that ends well" for her (though I don't say she was totally underserving), but I'm surprised they decided to go with this for her but not for Lincoln and Clyde despite making the mistake of giving them understandable reasons to do what they did.

I spent some time to rewrite the episode in my head, the writers just had a ton of possibilities to make this less sour. Like I said in my review, if for example they were against a bunch of other kids who were about to win fair and square, and that would have made more sense for them being underserving of the victory (but still uncharacteristically jerks). Or if none of the siblings did become King of the Con. I think all the characters in this episode were clumsily handled and so that just made the special a lot confusing and mean-spirited in a way it probably didn't intend to be in my opinion (not to mention the rest, like being a lot boring at times and not being able to put out all the potential from the concept, or from the sisters being their respective alter ego).

I checked out TV Tropes page of this episode and Lincoln and Clyde were considered as "Unintentionally Sympathetic", and that's exactly how I feel they were. A number of tweaks could've do the trick if they really wanted to make them the bad guys.

@Wile E. the Brain, you make some good points, including how Lincoln & Clyde ended up as unintentionally unsympathethic due to the circumstances. Even though I still see them as selfish jerks who went too far I never thought they crossed a line big enough to end up hateable. They still had my sympathy to a point.

They did it all because of desperation because of being completely ignored by the judges. Maybe the latter had seen lots of of Ace and Jack cosplayers so Lincoln & Clyde were just two more and that's why the Full Deck girls were more interesting, but that was never mentioned so we cannot know for sure & the way how they were so impressed by the girls only after Lisa and Lynn proved to be good at something was weird. Also, the sisters should have been much more caring and thoughtful instead of basking in the glory and ignoring the boys who made their alter egos and by so them famous (and almost using up Lincoln's convention money was pretty douchey). That alternate ending I mentioned would have been preferable.

I like your rewritten version as well. That would have made it better. I've also been thinking of some rewriting in my head; one version was to make the convention not just an Ace Savy specific one but a more general nerd con & have the contest being a subplot; that way the sisters could have more of an interest and willingness to participate without coming off as jerkish attention seekers, Lincoln & Clyde would still have the contest to be obsessed about, the characters would all have something to do individually, the episode would have had more meat to it (and not felt like an extended 11 minute story) and a portion of the cynical mean tone could have been washed away.

But yes, the episode was a clumsy and dull mess. I think that Crowley and Wetta should have gone through the script carefully and decided to rewrite it it but maybe they had a deadline.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-18-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I honestly think Kings of the Con is slowly becoming one of the most overhated episodes of the show. Thankfully The Last Loud on Earth seems to be an improvement according to the fans when it comes to Clincoln McLoud plots
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

I haven't caught 'The Last Loud In Earth' yet but it feels like it's pretty obvious that it will be an better episode. 'Kings If The Con' was just one misstep and it's not like they screw up one episode after another and after another & so forth. Every show has it's good and less good episodes once in a while and for the most part TLH has has a pretty even quality and rarely dipped into something really bad.

@CousinMerl, Haven't seen the latest episodes yet either, but I wanted to say that I thought that Kings of the Con in the end for me was about the same as most Clincoln episodes, but had the extra element of being disappointing based on how it was being advertised.

And yeah, far from the worst episode. To me, it's just another case of "They can't all be winners" which happens in every show. At least this doesn't have a BS moral that's completely flawed as hell like Brawl in the Family.

Two more episodes have popped up on the radar, scheduled for November 2nd:

Love Birds
    After Walt's failed attempt at romance, Charles, Cliff and Geo try to find their pal a love connection.
    Rocket Men
    Lincoln and Clyde beg their parents to let them go to space cadets camp, but it's not as fun as they expected.
    Another episode about the pets sound good and this one could be fun despite them not being favorite characters (their last episode, 'Pets Peeved', was enjoyable). The Lincoln & Clyde story doesn't seem half bad; a space camp plot feels like an good premise.

I also think Kings of the Con is, even right now, a very overhated episode despite not being good. A little mess up can happen here and there even in a great show.

Time to talk about the new episodes and both of them were a nice breath of fresh air after the disappointment of a special that was KOTC. (Unmarked spoilers incoming.)

Tails of Woe was kinda great and didn't disappoint my expectations. Like I said, I'm always in for a good episode revolving around urban legends and this one did a great job with what it had, and was a very good way to put Lincoln and his friends on the spotlight. The plot revolving around Stella's music box disappearance (as well as other stuff from the kids at school) and the mystery around the "rat beast" was really enjoyable. It's a detail but the fact every kid of the elementary school believes in this urban legend really add something to the idea. The mystery side of the episode is solid and it was so well-executed. Regarding the humor, there was a number of funny moments (Zach being really good at improvising, Rusty's picture (with a panther scream which cracked me up - also, not gonna lie, I totally would've liked to see him talk about it in class), Huggin's toupee, Rusty being slammed by the door), also, seeing the school staff's activities during recess looked like something from the Simpsons, and that was a good touch. There's a very nice chemistry between the gang, even though Rusty's kind of a jerk, not for being a coward of course, but for some parts like trying to have Stella's sandwich through an unfair deal by taking advantage of her sadness, c'mon dude. But that's nitpicking. This episode also has an impressive reveal. Obviously there's no such thing as a rat monster, but still a little rat and "freak of nature" because of a chemical accident, and a friend of the janitor Norm, and he actually did steal the kids' stuff. And seeing Stella sharing her corn chips with the rat at the end was a nice touch (she's so wholesome). I also loved the musical atmosphere of the episode. My only slight complain is about the fact they didn't let us know more about what will happen to the kids considering they didn't came back to their class after the bell ringed (did they go to detention, or did the janitor come up with an excuse for them ?), but otherwise, I enjoyed this episode a lot. Oh and, we need more of Girl Jordan.

Last Loud on Earth was a very funny silly episode. In some way, it gave me huge season 1 vibes with more presence of silly episodes (in a good way) and this one was a blast to watch. It's such a crazy idea to make Lincoln and Clyde believing they're in a zombie apocalypse but it was well-executed and the reason isn't as choppy as it could've been expected : when they came out of Lisa's bunker, they found out their street deserted and like it was left in hurry. I appreciate this attention to detail. And what I appreciated even more is the explanation of all of this. It was obvious that the zombies that were after Lincoln and Clyde were actually their dads, but I liked a lot the fact it was because there was supposed to be a storm in Royal Woods and everyone had to go in the mall to take shelter (and everyone means the Loud family, the McBrides, Mr. Grouse and the mayor... I guess everyone else leaved the mall after the alarm), and their dads tried to bring them with their families. It was a solid reveal that I didn't see coming, I was afraid it would be the overused "twas all a dream" excuse. I liked how they bring back the "man with the plan" side of Lincoln through this "apocalypse", the fact he based his actions on these from the hero of the zombie movies they watched, and like I said, the whole thing felt like a season 1 episode in a good way. I always enjoy a wacky episode from time to time and this one was a lot entertaining and even a little bit epic. I also liked the references to earlier episodes (the slide under Lincoln's window from For Bros About to Rock, the zombie brans), and the humor was on point, especially Lisa being terrible for passcodes since everyone (even Grouse, the McBrides and the mayor of all people) knows the passcode of her bunker. A very good episode to be in the Halloween mood.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 10-20-2019 at 08:44 AM.

I've yet to see the 'Tails Of Woe' and 'Last Loud On Earth' combo so expect my thoughts on those in just a short while.

Something that got me thinking about 'Kings Of The Con' was that if there's any probability we'll get to see a sequel episode with the Loud sisters in the Ace Savy movie (and maybe with Lincoln & Clyde getting a redemption and not having to do the literal shitty job)? Would it be an interesting episode, maybe?

I also thought that the two newest ones were definite improvements over the last one.

And yeah @CousinMerl, that would be an interesting idea for a future episode.

I've watched the two latest episodes now and I cannot disagree with either you guys on these: I really liked these two and found them an real fresh breath of air after 'Kings Of The Con' being such a letdown and they weren't even Loud sister episodes.

'Tails Of Woe' was a really good one, maybe even great and the best one featuring Lincoln & friends (I dunno). To have a plot centered around an urban legend was a good story choice and they really did it justice with the "Rat Beast" angle and with how a lot of students' stuff going missin and Lincoln & his friend trying to solve the mystery. Lots of good scenes, the faculty staff having some pretty fun scenes & I really liked Stellas role (she's really come into her own). Them going down into the basement and discovering the true identity of the Rat Beast wasgood stuff; the reveal didn't go with the clichéd angle of there never being any mysterious creature but actually having the beast be an real mutated rat (albeit a normal sized, non intimidating one) with glowing eyes and two tails because of an school lab accident and it being Norm's friend who had stolen everyone's stuff. Also nice ending with the gang keeping the mutant rat a secret and feeding it through the wents (and as for how it went for Lincoln & crew for missing class, I'm sure Norm did cover for them with an excuse to Mrs. Johnson).

'Last Loud On Earth' was another solid episode. A fairly strong Lincoln & Clyde episode. An zombie apocalypse plot was a good idea and I have to agree with you Wile about it feeling like an season 1 episode. Very good story of the two sneaking out into Lisa's bunker to complete a nightly Zombie movie marathon and once they exit it's all dark and gloomy, everyone has left in a hurry & the boys have to run away from zombies, trying to survive and fend the creatures off. It was obvious that the zombies weren't real but it still made for an enjoyable story (it had great atmosphere and spookiness). The twist reveal was surprising: I wondered if it was gonna turn out that them secretly watch the movie marathon was known and the adults wanted to teach them a lesson but nope, the reason why everyone was missing was that there was a bad storm and everyone evacuated to the mall & the "zombies" Lynn Sr., Howard and Harold were just looking for the boys. Everything ended well (and the stinger of the identity of the "zombie" at the Burpin' Burger was a great one). Good story with some good jokes so yeah, good one.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-28-2019 at 02:40 AM.

The latest two episodes that aired on Saturday were both really good ones, actually somewhat surprisingly good. Unmarked spoilers follow below!

'Can't Hardly Wait' was great. To have an episode about on father-daughter bonding between Lynn Sr. and Lori in advance of her leaving home soon was such an good and heartfelt idea and the overall plot of her helping him out at his restaurant was an good and enjoyable way to do it. At first, with that plot description it sounded like it was gonna be about Lori as a waiter but the episode really surprised me with the direction it took of her messing up with that and trying numerous tasks ranging from helping out in the kitchen, being the parking valet to mopping the floors but failing miserably (some good humor & I liked the parts with Scoots, Principal Huggins & the bikers). I really liked the flashback we got with young Lori and the old photos Lynn shows her (and we also got to know she struggled some in elementary school), I liked Lisa's scenes (with the cereal and her waiter-help backpack with the Doctor Octopus robot arms). Also good ending with Lynn finally finding her a place as the manager restaurant. Lots of relatability in there too; it feels like that all episodes about Lori hit the right marks.

'A Mutt Above' was good too, not as good as the previous one but still nice, making good use of an tested and tried plot; Lana being spurred into entering Charles the dog a fancy dog show when an snobby classmate named Lacey (and her perfect dog Victorie) says some mean comments. There were some nice scenes of Lana trying to train Charles, but him being distracted all the time. Then Lola gets involved and offeres to help her twin sister by taking care of Charle's training while Lana fixes the engine of her princess car. The dog show scenes were good too, with Lola having molded Charles into this perfect, prissy dog whose above fun, and Lana being sad they are drifting apart, but getting him back when he discovers his old tennis ball chew toy & her decides to exit the competition, walking away from the trophy when she was so close to winning (to Lola's chagrin); clichéd ending but with the emotion (wonderful voice acting from Grey) it worked well to me. There were also some good jokes (Lincoln fainting and Lucy dragging him off to her faux funeral was a good one).

After 'Kings Of The Con' was such a letdown it's been nice with four really good episodes in a row (of sorts). Your thoughts on these two?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-02-2019 at 02:49 PM.

Can't Hardly Wait was indeed a great episode. It seems like Lori episodes never stop to improve and this one is one of the best. The premise is really nice, not only it's good to see an episode about Lori trying to be a waiter (among other jobs) at her father's restaurant, but I also like the reason of all of this, with Lori and Lynn Sr. trying to bond as much as they can for the time they have before Lori moves to go to college. This show really has skills for relatable plots and like you said, @CousinMerl, it was a lot heartfelt of an idea. Giving credits where it's due, the entire scene with Lynn Sr. crying over Lori's leaving being closer than ever is actually powerful. I love Lynn's expressions during this scene, and also Brian Stepanek's voice acting. And of course, Lori as a child is cute as heck (funny how this girl has a lot of different designs to represent her childhood). It's really nice to see how close Lori and her father are. As for the waiter plot itself, it's very well done and also a lot relatable (I can relate to Lori struggling over something as simple as a dishwasher by being under stress). Seeing Kotaro was nice as well, I liked how this episode shows that even the nicest people can't be perfect, with Kotaro unknowlingly giving Lori advices that are way too difficult for a beginner (and it was funny to see how dedicated to his work he is). Very nice ending too, and as for the humor, it was pretty damn good and the secondary characters give some great entertainment (Flip, Lisa, and especially Scoots which is still absolutely hilarious). Everything that makes an excellent The Loud House episode is here.

I'm less enthusiastic regarding A Mutt Above than you are but it was a decent enough episode. Like I said earlier, I have no problem with episodes with a predictable plot as long as the execution is fresh and/or enjoyable (or else, Present Tense wouldn't be one of my favorite episodes of the season so far), but I felt like this one was done so many times, even in the execution. It looked like a blend between Toad and Tiaras, The Great Snail Race from SpongeBob and Peter, Peter, Caviar Eater from Family Guy, among others. Coming up with such a stereotypical rival to launch the plot wasn't the best idea either, and as I feared, Charles becoming too much snob and going as far as ignoring Lana was easy to guess from the start, but the execution, even though not that fresh, was still pretty enjoyable. Especially regarding Lana and how she tries to make a fancier dog out of Charles by acting herself as the dog, which was really funny, and also the way she acts when she realizes what she has done to Charles was touching enough (like you said, Grey Griffin probably plays a big role in that achievement). I liked the team-up between Lola and Lana as well. All of this make up for a decent episode despite the overdone plotline.

@Wile E. the Brain, I'm not really so enthusiastic about 'A Mutt Above' but I still consider it a good episode. Even though it felt clichéd and predictable the execution made it work, especially with Lana's portrayal and the abeformentioned voice acting (also making it an episode about both twins in the end was a plus); also, like I probably said before I don't recall having overdosed on this particular kind of familiar plotline like you and that helped.

Two new episodes scheduled on November 9 :

Stall Monitor
    Worried that his teacher has bad things to say about him, Lincoln tries to delay his parent-teacher conference.
    A Pimple Plan
    Luan wakes up with a pimple on the day of her first date with Benny, so she turns to the siblings for help.
    Glad to see we'll have another "Luanny" episode sooner than I expected and this one sounds nice, especially with the siblings involved to help. Stall Monitor also sounds interesting and relatable.

There are also two other episodes scheduled for the week after that, without plot yet : Good Sports (a Lynn episode ?) and Geri-Antics (the prototype title of Insta-Gran so, a Pop-Pop / Myrtle episode ?). Man, it's so good to have a regular timeslot.

Sounds like there's lots of good promising stuff in store in just a bit of time. 'Stall Monitor' sounds like a good Lincoln episode and 'A Pimple Plan' sounds great; great with another Luan & Benny episode, though a little odd to have a pimple episode about Luan as she felt like one of those teens in the family to be the least worried about such things (feels like something someone like Leni would freak out about though) but it makes sense due to the boyfriend. Those possible Lynn & Pop-Pop episodes sound intriguing as well.

Yeah, it's definitely nice that they actually start having a timeslot of sorts again instead of the sporadic batch releases with the hiatuses. With how considering how slow the start of the season had all the breaks it feels earned.

Looks like Lincoln will have another voice since Grey Griffin stated one week ago that it was her last recording with her son Tex Hammond. So Lincoln has changed his voice as many times as Arnold, I guess.

Thread Information