Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: Wile E. the Brain)

@John95, that's really lame. I figured they'd release one batch of episodes this month as has been done before (again, I really think these release schedules for modern animated series with the bombs and hiatuses over and over are ridiculous).

Also, the spinoff (The Casagrandes) starts in late October so if there's really going to be no more episodes in two months then that's a huge mistake on their part and I don't think they would go that far. My guess is that airdates for a release before then will show up soon.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I'm not entirely sure which one between Disney Channel and Nickelodeon has the worst airing schedules out there, but it's certainly ridiculous. At the very least, I hope a new batch will coming in September (some people on Twitter believe that could happen). And especially before the spin-off.

I can live without new episodes coming immediately, of course, but I don't get why airing schedules nowadays are that nonsensical.

@Wile E. the Brain, I'd argue Nick's worse since they technically began the bomb format as early as mid-2007 when they aired new episodes of Spongebob every weekday for at least two weeks. Though Disney and even CN aren't very far behind.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: TBD Cat Fight: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

So two new episodes got an airdate, for Labor Day (I didn't know what day it is, seemingly it's September 2nd).

A Grave Mistake
    Lucy and Haiku compete to be the new president of the Young Mortician's Club at school.
    Leader of the Rack
    Leni worries about her friendship with Miguel and Fiona when she's promoted to temporary manager at work.
    And a short promo :

Both of them look interesting. A Grave Mistake sounds like a funny idea, and an episode between Lucy and Haiku as rivals, it's a whole lot of potential. As for Leader of the Rack... well, it's a Leni episode, so I'm already sold, aha.

I just hope they won't be the only episodes of September.

Both of them looks good to me, especially the one with Lucy and Haiku; bring on more with the Mortician's gang, but the Leni epi looks nice to. Good to know these next episodes won't be too far away and I bet these won't be the only episodes for next month, but with the abeformentioned odd scheduling I wouldn't be too surprised it became otherwise.

Also, have the writers forgotten that Leni is still an 16yo high school student? We haven't heard anything about her at school in a long time. I'm soon expecting an episode where she finds out that she's been missing a lot of school time and school work due to being occupied with what looks like a full time job at the mall.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 08-15-2019 at 01:16 AM.

Wish there were more than two (so far), but at least we are getting more before the spinoff starts.

Nice to see Haiku getting a further expanded role since she was my favorite of the dates from Dance, Dance Resolution. Still waiting on a reappearance from Tabby though.

Also @Wile E. the Brain, yes Labor Day is on the 2nd.

@Wile E. the Brain & @John95, your thoughts on the Leni thing I mentioned? You too find it at least a tiny bit odd the writers have seemingly forgotten about her being a high schooler?

@CousinMerl, Maybe it's possible she's part of a program where she can only work a few hours in order to compensate for her being a student?

I'll admit that I wouldn't know if such a thing does exist since I never had a job in high school or maybe if it does that doesn't happen in your country.

@John95, it's certainly a thing. I think in most countries you can work alongside high school but in the off hours when it's not school time (a few hours like you say) and it'd be more like an part-time internship, which I think the writers should've gone so avoid having the issue of her having school to take care of as well (or just have theses episodes be set during summer which would make it a summer job).

@CousinMerl, I actually asked myself this question. I do have a few suppositions about that but it would be neat if an episode actually reveals why we mostly see her at her job instead of school, but I don't think the writers forgot about that.

That being said, am I the only one who think it would be interesting if we see an episode about Leni's life in high school ? Or any of the older sisters' life in high school for that matter ? I don't remember having seen one episode about that, except Lynn in Middle Men (and then again, it mostly focused on Lincoln and Clyde).

@Wile E. the Brain, I'd be up for that, though I'd think Lori would be a better choice since she's going off to college next season.

@Wile E. the Brain, I most certainly agree about that it would be real good with some episodes about them in high school as it's indeed been fairly unexplored so far.

The lack of school episodes for the sisters is disappointing; we've had numerous ones about Lincoln, a couple about Lisa ('Friend Or Faux' was a good ep), Luan got one ('Stage Plight'), Lucy with 'The Write Stuff', and, like you said, 'Middle Men' for Lynn even though it wasn't mainly about her (would be interesting with a proper one).

Lori and Leni would be the obvious choices but Luna too (as we haven't really seen anything with her at school), but one with Lana & Lola in grade school would be neat as well (now that I think of that, we don't even know if they are in the same class).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 08-17-2019 at 10:53 AM.

That's funny because I accidentally mentioned Lynn in Middle Men while I talked about high school but she's actually in middle school, aha. But I guess both of you saw my point about the lack of episodes about the Loud kids' school life (and I forgot Stage Plight by the way, but it's not like it focused that much on high school life).

Anyway, that's pretty strange we don't have that much episodes about it. Except for Lincoln who has quite a few. With all the changes that will happen in the next season, I hope we'll get more of that soon.

I was talking about school episodes in general and not just high school ones, btw (henche my mention of Lynn and the other younger siblings).

But yes, with the changes that comes with the one year time skip for season 5 the lack of school episodes for the sisters will probably change (and we might see some in season 4 too if we're lucky).

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I was talking about school episodes in general and not just high school ones, btw (henche my mention of Lynn and the other younger siblings).
    Yeah I noticed. I was referring to my own mistake in one of my previous messages, when I talked about high school and referred to Middle Men while this one is about middle school (but what I said about the lack of episodes about school, and not only high school, I still mean it).

So two new episodes the other day, huh? I've seen them now so on to my thoughts on the two.

'A Grave Mistake' was really good. Always like a good Lucy episode and this was certainly another one; loved the focus on the Mortician's club and that we got a bit of development for the other members (and finally we get to hear Boris speak) and some changes (Bertrand having to move). Good story of Lucy getting jelaous when Haiku becomes the new club leader and challenges her (nice to have Lucy acting more like a regular kid). She asks Lincoln for help, he shows up in goth gear (cringe) to become a new member, breaking the voting tie and electing Lucy. Amusing subplot with Ricky the Rooster, the school mascot (who even upright dies offscreen), which leads into the finale with Lucy deciding to hold the funeral but having to do it only with Lincoln. It all ends in a messy disaster (the stuff with the casket launched by a trebuchet and hitting a plane was so darkly bizarre it got hilarious). Everything works out in the end and Lucy forgives the gang and they decide to continue with both her and Haiku as leaders. Solid ep.

'Leader Of The Rack' was all solid as well. Leni is fun character and ever so loveable & even though the episodes with her at work isn't the most exciting to me they are still nice and interesting; this one maybe being the best one so far, with the plot of her being selected to fill the spot as store manager for a day when the boss is at a sock convention & getting some tips from Lori, becoming a "funager"; I think what made it work her displaying her usual fun-loving silliness and goofiness by making it a special day for her friends and co-workers Fiona and Miguel and even havin them go try out the new food place all while trying to keep their friendship. Good dilemma with her having to be serious and force them back when the store gets a big visit from a horde of seniors (inclyding Pop-Pop and Myrtle) and the three all work their asses off. The solution with Fiona and Miguel not having minded having to come back to help and the three still being friends and going out to eat together was a little heartwarming for Leni. Simple but good.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-04-2019 at 12:10 AM.

Both of them were a lot enjoyable, indeed.

A Grave Mistake was a really good episode about Lucy, another one I must say. I also enjoyed the focus on the Mortician's club for once, it was nice to see some of them having more personality besides Lucy and Haiku. Lucy's jealousy is credible, it could have been forced but it was well handled, and that allows the writers to show more than her emotionless side (like you said it's nice to see her acting like a regular 8-year old). I liked Lincoln's role as well. Not only it was very funny to see him as a goth (Tex Hammond handled it in a really amusing way), it also shows that he would do anything for her sisters, once again. What surprised me with this episode is the fact there was a good amount of black comedy, and it was top notch. I laughed out loud when Lucy wanted to launch Ricky's coffin in the air, not to mention the plane, that cracked me up. The ending with the funeral "that Ricky deserves" is a nice touch (as nice as a funeral can be, I guess) and Luna's song was a good plus. I just tought the ending was a bit too much "all's well that ends well", I mean, Lucy cheated to be elected and ruined the funeral at first, but she's still named co-leader with Haiku despite the fact she didn't really add anything to the resolution (except Luna). But still an episode that's worth a watch without a doubt.

Leader of the Rack was even better to me. A great episode and possibly one of the best about Leni (which like Lucy already has a number of excellent episodes). The plot on the paper sounded a bit like Everybody Loves Leni but it actually took a different routine. It was really interesting to see her trying to be a good manager for her friends and wanting nothing but them having as much fun at work as possible. I loved the interactions between Leni, Miguel and Fiona by the way, they act like great friends during scenes that are simple yet genuine. Like Fiona having a "mustache", Miguel rubbing his victory plush just for fun or the two of them having a contest for said plush ("You, are, going, down !"), it was simple but so spontaneous that I really enjoyed it, I couldn't help but smile a lot. Leni is still of course the most loveable character ever and also still fun (the humor in this episode is overall good; I loved Scoots' line "The service here isn't so lousy, and that's high praise coming from Scoots"), and the dilemma was very well done and credible; as usual, Leni wants nothing but the best for the people she cares about, but she also knows how to be responsible when she has to be. Also, it was nice to see Pop Pop and Myrtle again, by the way, isn't it the first time that Myrtle has lines since Insta-Gran ? And lastly, for some reason I thought this episode was one of the best animated. The pacing of the animation is great, the expressions and movements are great, and there were some really neat details; it's Jessica Borutski's directorial debut for the show and hopefully, her next episodes will be as beautifully animated as this one. All in all, I think it's my favorite episode of the season so far after Present Tense.

@Wile E. the Brain, why yes, I actually do believe this was the first time Myrtle got to speak since 'Insta-Gran' (and I'm actuall surprised Pop-Pop got lines too, as his voice actor is not a regular but a guest). The episode was very good indeed (and the stuff with Leni and the mannequin was great; classic doofy Leni and perfectly reminded us that she is still an airhead) and for a first for a new director it wasn't bad at all; hoping to see more episodes by her.

Also, is it just me who's a litte confused about the placement of the store? In the first episodes it was one shop at the mall but here, especially with those outer shots where someone opens the door it seem like it's just in one big building of it's own (as we see pails and tables with folded clothes on them such as when Leni has the door open), but then as we later see in the background when characters are inside there's an exit to the middle of the mall (which is colored light purple, as before IIRC) which would indicate it's one shop of many. It's gotten confusing now.

Ranking these I'd say 'A Grave Mistake' > 'Leader Of The Rack' if just because I'm more a Lucy fan than a Leni fan, but really, each were about just as good as the other so very even this time.

Additionally, a few things I'd like to add about 'A Grave Mistake':

- Luna's tribute tune to the rooster was the icing on the cake, easily; love that they went the extra length to compose a little song for a ridiculous and goofy one-off character and it worked really well..

- I'm actually a bit surprised that they had Boris speak; I thought that he would remain this voicess joke character but still nice they gave him a voice and something to say (and by so more of a personality). I think it sounds fitting for the character (provided by Nika Futterman, it sounds).

I saw these yesterday as well and also thought they were good, though it'd be nice if we had more than two this month which these are proving to be so far.

* Nice to see Haiku getting an expanded role, now all they have to do is bring Tabby back.
    * Yes @CousinMerl, that was Nika as Boris. I'd actually seen the cast list before watching the episode and I wish I'd hadn't as it would've made the reveal of him sounding like that all the more shocking. Lara Jill Miller & Cristina Pucelli also voice members of the morticians club.
    * Not sure if this was mentioned before but has anyone wondered how far the grades go to at the show where all the kids up through Lincoln go to? Because I thought at first that the tallest members were legit adults at first forgetting that they've been in past episodes.
    * I noticed this be pointed out on the Wiki, but has anyone else noticed a slight shift in the design style for the characters? It's pretty noticeable on Leni in Leader of the Rack where there's a visible gap between her eyes depending on the angle.

@John95, I'd lie if I too didn't admit that it sucks that there will probably be a long wait until the next episodes to now; just two episodes and likely not more in a while. Why is Nick being so tight with the show now? First hiatus months, then the Casagrande eps one month, then four episodes in July, another break month and now just two more episodes (all while there's not too long until the spin-off, of which we've technically already had several episodes IMO). I remember them being much more generous before, even during last year.

Also, actually did not think of any slight resdesigns of the characters until you said it now (sometimes I check on the wiki but not much on the discussion forums and relatively little on the article comment sections so I must've missed where you read it). Are there any other noticeable ones aside from Leni? Maybe I'll go back and check a little.

As for your question about the grades and the kids I'm not sure I quite follow. What kids do you mean? The morticians club members? And you asking about what grades they are in? Could you rephrase the question, maybe?

I noticed Leni had bags around her eyes more often (not to mention the gap yeah, I didn't noticed at first but now you bring this up, I did notice something with her eyes aha) and I don't know why but I also thought Fiona's design was a bit changed during Leader of the Rack. My guess is on the new directors coming with a bit of different animation, just like some other shows, and I'm not complaining about it, nice touch to make a difference.

I don't know if I want to talk about Nickelodeon's airing schedules anymore. I mean, it still sucks and it's still incomprehensible (same thing with SpongeBob by the way), and since last year, it's really bad handled for reasons that I guess we'll never figure.

Speaking of the Casagrandes by the way, the spin-off had a trailer that aired the other day between the two new episodes. I missed the Louds more than I missed the Casagrandes but that doesn't mean I don't look forward for it.

@CousinMerl, Yeah, probably should've said the Loud kids from Lisa through Lincoln when I asked that question which was how many grades are in the school that they all go to?

@John95, Now I better understood what you meant. Thanks for the clarification.

It seems like there's at least five grades at the Royal Woods elementary school. Lisa is in kindergarten (which is located at the school instead of it's own place), Lola & Lana are first graders, Lucy I guess is in the second (or third) grade & Lincoln is the fifth.

Still a little confused with what characters you're talking about by saying you mistook the tallest members for adults but then you remembered they have been in several episodes before. You mean the morticians club (of which I myself wondered if Boris was an adult at first)? Or just the tall secondary school characters in general?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-04-2019 at 01:40 PM.

@CousinMerl, I was referring to the tallest of the morticians club. Based on their height I'd peg them as eight graders (or possibly older) but with how I noticed Boris wearing a backpack that would imply they go to this school when they should be at the middle school if the elementary school only goes as far as the fifth grade.

@John95, It's true that some of them seem like middle-schoolers or even high schoolers (Boris and Persephone), yet seem to go to the elementary school, though they might just be visiting from time to time so they can be with the others in their club (I'm assuming the school allow this).

I'm sure the school doesn't go above the fifth grade due to the one year time skip for the next season where Lincoln & friends will move up to middle school (and we already have the episode 'Middle Men' which was sort of about this).

In what grades would you place them?

I think an entire Ace Savvy special was long overdue and we'll get one, the day of The Casagrandes premiere.

I just love the idea of seeing the complete Full House Gang at a convention, I hope they'll use this idea at its full potential. Also, I guess they definitely gave up the "Clyde acting weird in front of Lori" running gag, and I think for the best.

To think it took them this long to do an full length episode based around Ace Savvy and his comics. I really like the idea of them going to a convention (dressed up as their self-made hero characters from before) and the Lincoln & Clyde plot seems interesting.

I hope it will be a great one (and I'm guessing it will be the next episode which would mean nearly one month's hiatus left. Oh well).

I don't see too many episodes of shows I watch that take place at a convention so I'm definitely down for this!

I hope the entire Full House Gang will remain the main focus of the entire episode, and not only Lincoln and Clyde when the cat will show up.

We have news about two new episodes that don't have an airdate yet :

Can't Hardly Wait
    Lori takes a job as a waitress at Dad's restaurant, but it turns out that serving is harder than she anticipated.
    A Mutt Above
    Spurred on by a classmate's mocking about Charles, Lana decides to train him to compete in a local dog show.
    Despite having a... confusing title to say the least, the first episode sounds nice, I like the idea of seeing Lori with her own job to handle. I guess, since she's still a student normally, this will be a summer job or something. And maybe that'd confirm why we only see Leni at her job instead of school too. So that would be the summer between season 4 and the events of season 5 ? I don't know, just my little theory, aha.

I'm not really excited by A Mutt Above, though. Nothing to do with Lana and Charles, I'm actually glad to see there will be a full episode about those two but... this plot feels overused as heck. Right now I'm thinking about The Great Snail Race from SpongeBob. Maybe it'll be a pleasant surprise like Present Tense was, but right now, I'm not exactly interested.

@Wile E. the Brain, Both of those episodes sound good to me (maybe there'll be more sister episodes than Lincoln episodes this season?).

The title 'Can't Hardly Wait' makes some sense to me with the pun and reference they are going for, but I do have to say it's surprisingly convoluted. The episode does sound like a good one either wait and Lori as a waitress is a good premise (surprised they haven't done it before but with Lynn Sr. having his restaurant it makes sense). I wonder if we'll get to see her as one of those 'American Graffiti' type roller skating waitresses/carhops; that would be a nice reference to that movie.

The other episode, 'A Mutt Above', is interesting to me as Lana is one of the most underused and underrated sisters and rarely seem to get episodes (and Charles as a focus is a bonus as there's only been one pet-centric episode). I don't remember having seen a lot of episodes of other shows with that kind of plot (I cannot recall any particular one at the moment) so that's a reason why I don't feel skeptical about it; maybe it's nothing to shout about but I'm thinking it'll be a nice one.

Also, you referring to the Loud House kids as their hero alter-egos as the Full House Gang confused me a little at first as I thought you were talking about the 'Full House' show. My mistake.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-15-2019 at 01:02 AM.

Thread Information