Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

The last two season one episodes airs on November 7th and the 8th respectively and season 2 starts on the 9th (which is surprisingly soon), with the full length Christmas episode coming on the 25th. Nick is surprisingly generous with the show, I must say.

Blog Entries

Well, why not? As far as I can see it's a hit. A pretty big one at that.

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by D'ohmus Maxiumus View Post
    Am I the only one who see similarities to this show and The Simpsons?
    The show I feel is the closest to The Simposns right now is Gumball. One thing that makes this show not quite close enough to the Simps is that the wider town is still not very interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nihilistic View Post
    I look at it the same way I look at Alvin and the Chipmunks

I really like how they handled Clyde's parents. When I first saw it, I was genuinely shocked and I thought it was going to be a big deal but the fact that they don't call attention to it at all earns my respect. I'm also surprised Nick allowed it but I guess Savino has some veteran pull that made it possible for him to have gay characters.
    Another Alvin fan. I'm surprised that I ended up really enjoying the show as much as I did. Even if Alvin is probably now the biggest asshole in modern cartoons right now.

I also noticed the Clyde's parents thing. Though I realised Nick in general seems a lot less hesitant than CN to do that sort of thing, with how Dade in Harvey Beaks clearly loves the main character without a hint of subtlety. Same for Sanjay in Fairly Oddparents come to think of it.
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Smear-Gel View Post
    The show I feel is the closest to The Simposns right now is Gumball. One thing that makes this show not quite close enough to the Simps is that the wider town is still not very interesting.
    Gumball's good, but I think the closest show is Gravity Falls. It's got a similar style of humor and artwork, it's got a ton of interesting side characters, and it's got biting satire on popular culture that I don't think Gumball relies on that much. I guess it doesn't have the regular suburban setting of the Simpsons, but tell me if this doesn't remind you of anything in the classic seasons:

Oh yes, Gravity Falls; another popular animated show which has gotten a lot of love and which I've been meaning to watch but still haven't gotten to even though it has ended. Will watch eventually and post my thoughts in the proper thread.

But anyway, regarding The Loud House

Quote Originally Posted by Smear-Gel View Post
    One thing that makes this show not quite close enough to the Simps is that the wider town is still not very interesting.
    I'm still very hopeful for the show as it has steadily been building it's world with the town (Royal Woods) with various locations and inhabitants, the latter of which quite a few have been introduced so for a show like it there's already a rather large list of supporting characters by now, several of which have started to appear more frequently.

So the first season concluded last week and the second started with the first episode (well, technically it's the second one consisting of 2A and 2B; I've noticed Nick has been airing several of the episode segments out of production order); the first was overall solid and the second is off to a good start.

And here's some good news for those who are annoyed that they never fully show the faces of the mom and the dad: apparently they will be shown in full view in the Christmas episode (premiering on November 25th) which will be the last episode of the year.

Does anyone here watch TheMysteriousMrEnter on YouTube? Mainly for "Animated Atrocities" or "Admirable Animation"?
    He does a bunch of animation reviews, good and bad - obviously.
    Yeah, my comments are awful...

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

He sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

I saw the Christmas special (11 Louds A Leapin') and holy crap, this was an near excellent episode; not only possibly the funniest episode thus far but the most touching one too. I had a grin on my face for the entire time as it was so comfy and joyous to watch (maybe this will be a new animated Christmas classic? I dunno, but it feels like a possibility). Now I really hope they'll make more 22 minute episode since they have now proven it really can work in this series.

If any of you who haven't watched any of the episodes yet but are curious and want to check the show out by just watching one of the episodes, this is definitely the one to go for if you're looking for an particularily good episode; I'd say it is unmissable, even for those who have watched the show but don't think it's a great one.

Blog Entries

I'm glad my post is getting results

I saw said instagram post the other day (it was a comment on some fan's reaction to the reveal and whom kinda cynically commented that they will probably be hidden again afterwards); he (Savino) said that there might be a couple of hidden face episodes left but after that they will be fully seen.

I guess he decided that it was about time for the full reveal since he must have discovered that some fans have solved the puzzle as there are photoshops (combined instances of their faces with oscured eyes and just the eyes) and even fanart, both of which are fairly accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Suomynona View Post
    Gumball's good, but I think the closest show is Gravity Falls. It's got a similar style of humor and artwork, it's got a ton of interesting side characters, and it's got biting satire on popular culture that I don't think Gumball relies on that much. I guess it doesn't have the regular suburban setting of the Simpsons, but tell me if this doesn't remind you of anything in the classic seasons:
    I agree that GF is also a good example, and that clip was indeed a classic moment.

But I dunno, I'd say Gumball has all three of those things, and especially the interesting side characters. Also, the way the town bands together over bad ideas gives a huge Simpsony feel. An example being  the episode that ended with the parents in town burning all the school's books. 

So what did everyone else think of the Christmas special? @Pops, @Insomnia, @Smear-Gel, @Dr. Nihilistic ?

Blog Entries

I really liked it. It was really well done, full of charm, heart and humour just like a Christmas special should be. Lincoln's new VA is growing on me too.

You remind me that I need to catch up on the show. I havent kept up in a while since it's not quite my favourite. But it's still a fun watch so I may as well. Plus I'm curious of Lincoln's new VA after seeing a thread on 4chan talking about Gumball and Darwin's new new VAs

Sorry to ask this but what do you mean by VAs?
    Visual appearance?

Banned
    Blog Entries

voice actor

I don't really understand why such a big deal is made about Linc getting a new voice actor (which is due to the first one starting to go through puberty which shifted his voice and they had to get a new one); sure, there is a slight vocal difference but they sound about the same to me and the switch was rather seamless as I got used to the new one surprisingly quickly.

Meanwhile in the recording studio...

This post is filler, scroll down. 

I bet Savino's reactions were just like Abe's when it happened.

The second season resumes monday next week (9/1) and I look forward to it a lot; it will be interesting to see what the new year has in store for the Loud family & I hope they will continue expanding and developing the show and the characters (and hopefully there will be more 22 minute episodes).

On another note, I think it's pretty cool that the crew behind the show has a fan art wall where they put art & drawings that fans have sent; I don't think these kind of things happen a whole lot.

http://www.imgrum.net/media/12835030...5025_971746029

(love how the Mad Max: Fury Road parody fan art take up the bottom corners, btw).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-03-2017 at 03:20 AM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

"A Tale of Two Tables" has this great line: "Never talk about politics"

That's me in social media/websites from now on. I'm tired of seeing Trump's name 24/7
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

The show is back again with new episodes, one a day, from yesterday tuesday through friday this week (and hopefully with more to come next week; I'm also hoping there won't be another month-long hiatus any time soon), but they are still airing the episodes out of production order for some reason; I wonder why they are doing that.

Something that doesn't get enough credit is the theme song; it is quite suitably very 90's and is pretty catchy too. It's a good one, perhaps especially for one coming from series like this.

Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-29-2017 at 04:35 AM.

An The Loud House movie is in the works, due out in 2020.

http://deadline.com/2017/03/spongebo...es-1202054433/

That there is actual talk about a movie not even a year after it's premiere is very surprising, even taking the show's popularity into account, but it's good news nonetheless. It's been a lucky show that has gotten renewed twice within one year and will also get this treatment.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-30-2017 at 12:29 AM.

Blog Entries

I have never seen this show and really don't plan to but if it's another step into getting more theatrical traditional animation out there, I'm all for it. Good for Nick.

Blog Entries

Nice, haven't been watching the show this year but I'm definitely excited for this, wonder if they will keep the flash animation for the film or use traditional?

Blog Entries

I've only seen a couple episodes and wasn't really paying much attention tbh, but this thread, and the news of a movie, i dunno maybe i will give it a chance. always looking for new stuff to watch

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    wonder if they will keep the flash animation for the film or use traditional?
    I wonder about that too. I would love if it was traditional animation but I would be cool with a spiffier flash animation (much because I really like it's TV look; maybe the best and smoothest flash I've seen thus far). If they must make it CGI I'd like the style they used for the Peanuts movie from a couple of years ago (keep the classic flat 2D style but in CGI with shading) but if they want to make it live-action (unlikely but still) it's a big no-no.

This week's episode bomb was maybe the strongest one yet (although I'm still not much of a fan of the bomb format).

Anyhow, I was thinking of the movie and I wonder how it would be if they went the South Park movie route and made it something of a musical; as far I understand, a bunch of the of the VAs' are good singers (the song in the Christmas ep was very nice, btw) so it wouldn't be much of a stretch, but it might alienate a portion of the viewers. What do you guys think?

Blog Entries

Honestly, a big movie musical feel could work and wouldn't feel too out of place, providing that the characters were somehow aware they were in a musical and joke about it every so often.

Still, I'm pleased it's getting a film, one of the best Nick originals in years.

Thread Information