Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

@Wile E. the Brain, I rewatched that episode during the holidays and yeah he did mention his first name there.

And it's nice to see that  Stella is more than likely here to stay and hopefully won't be tossed to the curve the same way Christina and Paige were .
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: TBD Bri-Da: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    If I remember well, he says his first name in 11 Louds a Leapin', when he speaks to Junie by phone call.
    I checked (as I completed a rewatch of that episode I begun earlier) and his first name did not come up. It appears it was first revealed in this book. Strange how @John95 heard it in the episode.

'Predict Ability' sounds good, though.  Let's just hope that Stella will prove to be her own character and not be reminiscent of Ronnie Anne too much .

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Well I checked too and in fact, he says "Uncle Buddy". That's close enough. (And this episode is still one of my all time favorites by the way.)

About  Stella, actually I don't think she's that reminiscent of Ronnie Anne. The latter wasn't really close to Lincoln's other friends, when Stella seems to be fully integrated in the group, and that's what I really liked with her in Be Stella My Heart, she wants nothing but be a cool friend for Lincoln and the others. 

Yes, he did say Uncle Buddy over the phone (it's also on the episode transcript which I did check out on the wiki) so it counts, but the first statement of his full name (Bud Grouse) is in that graphic novel.

And about that other thing, I did see some similarities last time but I'm sure they'll prove to be different.

February will be the end of the ongoing hiatus.

https://twitter.com/nickandmore/stat...81413071134722

We have a synopsis for Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow :

When Lynn's friend Margo is celebrated for a one‐in-a‐million soccer goal, Lynn has to try and be supportive.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 01-17-2019 at 07:47 AM.

So we might get some focus on Margo (who's been a very minor character) in this one? Interesting. Plotwise it sounds good but the description sounds a little odd; I mean, isn't it pretty obvious that Lynn would be supportive when someone she knows does well at sports? Why would she have problems with that here? Maybe there will be some form of complication in the episode or it's just worded a little strangely.

I suppose she will be jealous of Margo or something. I don't know.

I do suspect that might just be the case. We'll see in a while.

I'm very sorry to report that the movie has been put into indefinite hiatus.

According to a Deadline article I just read, the film has been removed from it's slot of next February with no reasons for the decision being given.

That's interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the ratings apparently dropping, if there's trouble coming up with a great story, that the ghost of Chris Savino's influence still haunts it or that the crew just want to focus on the show? I hope the reason will be stated soon. Don't like this secrecy.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 01-19-2019 at 03:03 AM.

I'm not surprised. They didn't gave news about the movie since a while, I expected it to be schedule later than next February. Besides, they stated Paramount officialized the movie too quickly. I wonder the reason of the removing, sure, but I'm not surprised of it. (I'm not sure about Savino's situation because they still manage to make a fourth season and a spin-off without him and that seems to go well for them.)

But fortunately, that doesn't mean the movie is simply cancelled. I hope it will came back on Paramount's calendar sooner or later. The staff behind the show can take as much time as they want.

@CousinMerl, The article did note how Savino was outed for his predatory behavior not long after the film's initial announcement, so part of me feels like that did have something to do with it. @Wile E. the Brain, Yeah a few places say that the film's been cancelled and others say that it's simply been indefinitely shelved, I myself used wording similar to the latter.

Either way, it would be great with some confirmation whether it's just shelved or outright cancelled. Hopefully there will be some words on that (and I do hope it'll be the former since it would be great to see the show make it's transition to the big screen).

Furthermore, In a worst case scenario of a cancelled theatrical movie, I can imagine we'll be end up seeing a TV movie in time. Can't really see the Loud House crew give up on a movie altogether.

Finally, some airdates. From Monday 4th February, we'll got 4 episodes in a row.

http://nickalive.blogspot.com/2019/0...uqf-TM.twitter

Nice! I'd say this gives me a good excuse to go and rewatch some of the latest episodes.

Also, these episodes have already aired in another country which revealed the cast lists for them and here are a few that I thought would be worth sharing.

* Jane Lynch guest stars in Driving Ambition.
    * Starting with Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow, Margo will no longer be voiced by Lara Jill Miller. Here, she's now voiced by Brec Bassinger. The episode also brings back the Burpin' Burger employee voiced by Lincoln's second actor Grant Palmer as well as a number of characters previously introduced in Net Gains and Middle Men.

Also, Home of the Fave will feature the smallest amount of characters included in an episode so far: Four, three of which were previously revealed in the synopsis.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Nice! I'd say this gives me a good excuse to go and rewatch some of the latest episodes.
    Same here, and that allows me to found some episodes even better than I remembered.

Yeah I saw the news about Jane Lynch. That's possibly the biggest name that has ever been on The Loud House.

And now we have all season 3 episodes' plots, since the plot of Antiqued Off has been revealed :

When Clyde and schoolmate Zach begin bonding over a mutual interest in antiques, Lincoln quickly finds himself feeling like a third wheel.
    And last but not least, a potential logo for Los Casagrandes ! (Which apparently has changed his name for THE Casagrandes.)

https://twitter.com/LosCasagrandes/s...63276722647040

Pick 6 favorites.

Lynn VS Lola

Lori VS Lily

Lucy VS Lisa

Leni VS Luan

Luna VS Lana

Good to finally have some set airdates for the next episodes and lots of good stuff has started popping up (The Casagrandes logo looks good, though I think Los Casagrandes would've made more sense than The Casagrandes but that's just my opinion; 'Antiqued Off' does sound a bit interesting though the Lincoln & Friends episodes aren't usually amongst my favorites. Also nice that the last of the S3 episodes have been announced).

I'm surprised they got someone as relatively big as Jane Lynch to guest star (those news were a surprise) and it makes me wonder if other celebrity guest stars will follow occasionally (maybe not to the extent of The Simpsons but maybe one here and there). @John95 & @Wile E. the Brain, your thoughts on this?

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I'm surprised they got someone as relatively big as Jane Lynch to guest star (those news were a surprise) and it makes me wonder if other celebrity guest stars will follow occasionally (maybe not to the extent of The Simpsons but maybe one here and there). @John95 & @Wile E. the Brain, your thoughts on this?
    I'm pretty surprised too, though I think that's not the first kids show to have some celebrity guest stars as famous as Jane Lynch. And come to think of it, they also have Stephen Tobolowsky to do Principal Huggins' voice, that's a pretty big name too. So maybe yes, they allow themselves to invite a celebrity guest star from time to time.

@CousinMerl, It wouldn't surprise me if they do. Though they've already had a few noticeable guest stars even if they aren't as big of names as Jane Lynch (Fred Willard, Jennifer Coolidge and Sonia Manzano instantly come to mind for me).

Funny you should mention The Simpsons though since Jane is the first person here to guest star on both shows (as far as I can remember anyways).

@Wile E. the Brain, it's true that they have Tobolowsky as the principal, but I'd say that Lynch is a somewhat bigger name celebrity than him today (and it's true that she was on 'The Simpsons' too and just recently like @John95 said; too bad that her character there didn't make much of an impression. I wonder how the one here will fare).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 02-02-2019 at 03:04 AM.

Another new episode this month, Cooked airs on the 18th.

That's sooner than I expected. I wonder if they want to finish season 3 soon so that they can start airing the fourth season.

I wonder why they choose to schedule the season finale before the remaining episodes of season 3 who haven't an airdate yet.

Seems like the movie is back, folks ! On Netflix, however, but that's still a good news !

https://twitter.com/Viacom/status/1092779150790807553

Huh, that's certainly quite the surprise but a welcome one as it does feel like a good idea now that I think of it.

The Chris Savino issue is definitely still a touchy thing and a concern for a theatrical movie (I'm thinking this was the main reason it was delayed and then shelved because Paramount got really cold and anxious feet) and it now being an Netflix original (which is akin to a TV movie) is an easier way to get a film out and test the waters for future feature length projects (as there could theoretically be a theatrical film later on when things have eased down, maybe as a series finale, after the show has ended or maybe sooner than that?).

I wonder if they'll use whatever plans they had for the theatrical movie for this Netflix project or make something completely different (and I'm guessing that the deal might also include that the show itself could become available on Netflix as well, perhaps?).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 02-06-2019 at 12:35 AM.

@CousinMerl, The Dateline article I mentioned specifically noted Savino's past so I'm fairly certain it did indeed play a hand in it.

Regarding this week of premieres I will post my thoughts once all of the episodes has aired as usual.

Just saw the last one today, so here are my thoughts about the bunch.

Predict Ability : Well, I didn't wanna make the obvious joke, but this episode is very predictable. But that doesn't means it's a bad one, besides, I think it's possibly an answer for those who think this show offers a lot of predictable episodes, but don't take into account the way their plots are told. Anyway, here, nothing special, but that's a pretty good episode with some funny bits, a good crazy nightmare, and a very nice ending that reminds everyone has rituals and that doesn't mean it's a bad thing. And an ending with all the siblings and Lincoln's friends sharing the same screen, I enjoy that. It could be nice to see an episode with them having interactions. And like I said earlier, I enjoyed seeing Stella again, as a part of Lincoln's group of friends. The weakest episode of the bunch though, but regardless, still a solid one.

Driving Ambition : This one confirms that I love Lori more and more throughout the episodes. Because I love how the writers explore her insecure side, like most of teenagers of her age. And that's nice to see this sprinkled in a plot about Lori's passion, golf. I don't know why but I also love the visuals in this one, how they show up Lori's insecurity (and insanity). Jane Lynch character is nice and funny, I won't mind if we see her again in the future. Lori is also touching in this episode, relatable and credible, and seeing her imagine her life with Bobby, and as a mother of her own 11 kids, is neat as well. And of course, seeing her siblings helping her is great, though I had the feeling, at the end, that it was a little pointless since we don't see Lori using their advices when she regain assurance. A very good episode however. And Luna's story is hilarious.

Home of the Fave : It's my personal favorite of the bunch. I love Lynn Sr. and I always enjoy when an episode wants to put him in the limelight, especially when it comes to his relationship with his kids. I'm surprised they waited season 3 to make an episode about "playing favorites" since it's common in big families to having the fear that one child is privileged among the others. And here, seeing how much Lynn Sr. cares about all 11 of his kids is lovable. I enjoyed each of his strategies to get along with each of his children, even if it means dressing as a woman ("That is my color !", just hilarious), and I enjoyed his insecurity about his role as a father, that makes him even more likeable. And it's always a bonus to see all the siblings in a single episode. By the way, this episode shows us Lynn Sr. has a sibling, I see a lot of fanfiction about this coming, aha.

Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow : Season 3 seems to be a big improvement for Lynn Jr. (don't get me wrong, I like her since the beginning of the show) and this episode is another very good episode that shows us a truly likeable character. I was afraid of the way she becomes jealous towards Margo, but fortunately, it's not because she maked the winning goal, it's because people makes big celebration of that (in fact, she is supportive for Margo at first about the goal). Basically, she gets a taste of her own medecine (besides, it's more sudden for Margo since it's because of a single goal), and while Margo didn't mind being overshadow by Lynn being famous for her skills, that wasn't the same thing for Lynn, and she learns something new. Despite this episode is a little repetitive, it's very nice, and the friendship between Lynn and Margo was truly enjoyable. Very good episode, just slightly better than Driving Ambition in my opinion.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 02-08-2019 at 04:42 PM.

Thread Information