Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    We've got airdates!

The Loudest Thanksgiving: Fowl Play will air on the 12th, and Really Loud Music on the 23rd.
    Those are some good dates. They are nicely spread out instead of lumped together in a single week.

Does anyone know the last episode Chris Savino worked on before he got fired?

@Dr. Nihilistic, What Would Lincoln Do? was the last one to air that had his name anywhere on it. Sadly it wasn't even all that good of an episode.

Thanks for bringing that up though since I've wanted to mention for awhile that I think it's safe to say we're officially past the end of any of Savino's influence on the show since that episode aired about five months ago.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: TBD Pride Before the Fail: TBD Enter Stanman: TBD No Weddings and a Funeral: TBD Eight Fires: TBD The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: TBD Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

I haven't really thought of which episode was the last one he worked on but it's a little interesting that it wasn't a very good one (I guess we'll be seeing more and more episodes where Lincoln doesn't play a major role, seeing as how a majority Chris' episodes starred him). I'm glad that we're past his work now and even more the show is still going strong even over a year after his departure; gotta admire how loyal the Loud House production crew is to the series.

@CousinMerl, The fact that the show is still going strong even without Savino pretty much proves why it's important to separate the art from the artist. Sure, the show might be Savino's baby and his fingerprints are all over it, but at the end of the day it's a group effort in terms of how much goes into the show's production.

Also, didn't you initially think What Would Lincoln Do? was decent? I seem to remember you liking it more than I did.

@John95, I said that 'What Wood Lincoln Do?' was average and that still stands; it's a lackluster episode and one of the weakest of the season (having some of the sisters in it along with different writing would've been an improvement, I think; maybe a good Lana vehicle, perhaps?)

(I also see we've been calling it the wrong name earlier; it's "wood" not "would" as it's a pun title).

Yeah, @John95 is right. "What Wood Lincoln Do?" was the last episode Savino was involved with, and "The Loudest Thanksgiving" is going to be the first episode where he is no longer credited as an executive producer.

It's a really good thing that the show, at least for now, has enough juice left to keep going and produce quality episodes. A lot of shows aren't the same without the influence of the creator. American Dad was never the same after Mike Barker left.

8. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@Dr. Nihilistic, Not to go off-topic too much but when did you stop watching AD?

@Dr. Nihilistic, Not to go off-topic too much but when did you stop watching AD?
    I don't think I stopped watching the show entirely, but season twelve was what really lost my attention. I thought season ten was average, and it wasn't as good as the Fox run. It was like something was missing, but I couldn't figure it out.

Season eleven was a lot better, and at this point, I feel like that's the best the show can do. I think Family Guy is worse in 2018, but I don't have enough emotional investment in AD to keep up with it. Plus, there have been some genuinely awful episodes on TBS, and I can't remember the Fox run having episodes as bad as "American Fung" or "Daesong Heavy Industries" or "Kloger."

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nihilistic View Post
    Yeah, @John95 is right. "What Wood Lincoln Do?" was the last episode Savino was involved with, and "The Loudest Thanksgiving" is going to be the first episode where he is no longer credited as an executive producer.
    I wonder if he still will be credited as the creator of the show in the opening. I suppose we have to wait Monday to have the answer.

You know, speaking of "What Wood Lincoln Do?" and by extent wood work, I'm very surprised there hasn't been an episode about building a treehouse yet. Seems like kind of an obvious plot for a show that is primarily about kids.

@Wile E. the Brain, I was actually gonna ask the same thing before you did, but I didn't because wasn't Skyler Page's named still shown in the opening for Clarence after he got booted? @Dr. Nihilistic, Agree to disagree with FG still being worse than AD! currently, but you pretty much picked the right time to decide that the latter show isn't worth keeping up with regularly anymore, especially if the existence of a trainwreck as horrendously awful as The Mural of the Story from earlier this year is any indication. And I'm glad to see I'm not the only person on here who despised that lame excuse for a "Two-parter" known as Daesong Heavy Industries.

@Wile E. the Brain, I was actually gonna ask the same thing before you did, but I didn't because wasn't Skyler Page's named still shown in the opening for Clarence after he got booted?
    Well, I never saw that show and I've just barely heard of it, so I don't know haha.

I doubt they will remove Savino's name credit just yet (maybe not at all). At the very earliest I think it could be gone starting with season 4.

With The Loudest Thanksgiving I decided to do something different this time around and post my thoughts and comments on the episode as I'm watching which I already do for FG and AD!.

* Savino's name remains in the opening, although this is apparently the first episode where his name is nowhere else to be found not even as an executive producer.
    * Is this the first time where the director credit was listed in the same panel as storyboard artists?
    * First Lola, then Ronnie Anne, now Flip is breaking the fourth wall! Still waiting for Luna to do it too (not counting the podcast).
    * I could relate to Bobby and Ronnie Anne missing Thanksgiving due to their mother working, as we missed most of ours last year because of my mother having to work.
    * Lynn's "Pee pants" reminded me of MC's "Hammer pants".
    * Prior to seeing the episode I was wondering was Lincoln was asleep at the table in the promos. There's also a little Truth in Television with him getting sleepy from eating turkey as I remember learning in the 9th grade that some cooked turkey does have a chemical that causes drowsiness.
    * As everyone was arguing where they should spend Thanksgiving I was thinking "Meet halfway!", though Flip's idea works too as that's how it works in my family for how we spend the holidays (spending thanksgiving at my aunt and uncle's this year while we spent it at my other aunt's last year).

Overall, a good episode and nice to see the Louds and the Casagrandes come together at long last. Though I think I liked the half hour Christmas and Halloween specials more, my opinion might change as I do plan on watching this one again before Thanksgiving next week. Speaking of next week, looking forward to Really Loud Music which now has a new promo for those who haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgrTJVejijQ

I saw it yesterday before sleeping. I'm agree it's not as good as the Christmas and Halloween specials (which are, both of them, part of my favorite episodes of all), but it was an excellent half hour, close to the quality of The Loudest Mission : Relative Chaos. They succeeded the reunion between the Louds and the Casagrandes, though I expected some scenes between specific duos before the end, like Leni and Carlota, or a little more of Lincoln and Ronnie Anne, but I'm fine with what we have.

I wondered how they were going to bring the two families together, and we have a story of rivalry between the Louds and the Casagrandes, to determinate which family should have Lori and Bobby for Thanksgiving, that I found pretty well written. Like Leni's friends case in Everybody Loves Leni, I'm aware people could find they're easily jealous towards the others and almost kind of jerks, but it show us from the beginning how the Louds and the Casagrandes are similar, in the fact they don't want to lose a part of their family for this annual tradition, and how much they do to stay together, so it didn't bothered me. Besides, we have some of the most interesting Lori and Bobby moments of the whole show.

Overall it's funny as well, I liked the return of Lola and Lana as cops from Get the Message, Rita / Maria and Ronnie Anne hurting arms and hands of Lori / Bobby (it's something that I expected from Rita but not from Maria and Ronnie Anne to be honest, and it was very funny), Lisa and Carlos' tracking devices, among others jokes (and I have my answer for why Lincoln is asleep in the promo pic too). And the end is great, with the two families together in joy at Flip's store, an excellent song between Hector and Luna (always love hearing Nika Futterman singing, and I'm more excited than ever to see Really Loud Music), and first Lori and Bobby kiss onscreen, doesn't it ? Anyway, an excellent special.

Just finished it and wow, I gotta say this was a really good, maybe even great, special. I'm a sucker for Lori & Bobby episodes and this was another good one of those and with heart, only much longer; I quite liked how the first part was all about the Louds and the Casagrandes respectively trying to make them stay for Thanksgiving and that the second part was the two families finally meeting at the Loud house (and for the first time in the series and it was surely worth the wait, having lots of great little moments and gags throughout such as Lynn's parachute "pee pants", Lori & Bobby having their arms tightly grabbed to the point of hurting, Lola's photo of Lori & Bobby and the silly pre-dinner skits the families put on).

It was pretty fun and silly with the ridiculous conflict between the two families trying to upstage one another to show Lori & Bobby that their place is the best for Thanksgiving before it turning into a huge foodfight; the finale of the couple escaping the chaos to Flip's Food & Fuel where the families then meet up to forgive and reconcile before was having their Thanksgiving there and warm up to one another was very sweet and got topped with a great little song by Luna and Hector (and it was nice to see Flip being a softie instead of a jerk for once which gives him more dimension; also liked how he was the narrator of the episode in the wraparound bits, which was unexpected but something new).

I too expected a little more individual interactions but I was perfectly fine with what we got and the conflict itself with Lori & Bobby in the middle was amusing (speaking of Lori & Bobby, it's pretty obvious that it's for a good reason they work so well in the company of the other family since they have spent so much time together, while the rest of the families aren't used to each other, as evident by the skit scene). Also, seeing as this was the first time the families met I am sure there will be more individual interactions later on (and with the panning shot near the end, I think we might have seen some possible matchups for future stories where they meet, don't you think?).

Also, 'Really Loud Music' is shaping up to be great; looks like a lot of the Loud's will get their own song, if not all of them.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-14-2018 at 03:06 AM.

Come to think of it, now our fantasy to see the Louds and the Casagrandes together for an episode is achieve, have you guys others expections for future episodes, maybe for season 4 ? Personally :

- I really want to see an episode or more scenes about Luna and Luan together as roomates, I mean, we had number of scenes about the others couples of roomates (Lori/Leni, Lucy/Lynn, Lola/Lana, and even Lisa/Lily), but not much for them, and it could be nice to see something about their bonding.
    - Why not have an episode about Rita's novel which she writes since A Novel Idea. It could be a good opportunity to break the status quo (like Lynn Sr. as a cook since Job Insecurity), besides, some episodes show her still working on her writing like House of Lies.

There was recently a Q&A with one of the crew members and the subject of the movie's status came up again.

According to said staff member, the movie is "currently top secret" meaning that it is possibly in production, but exactly how far into the pipeline remains unknown..

That's interesting, @John95. Maybe that means it's in early in pre-production?

Answering @Wile E. the Brain's question about possible future episodes, maybewhere Lily gets lost far from home and starts making her way back by herself, experiencing an little adventure and encountering various folks on the way ? (think "Baby's Day Out" but without any bad guys)

On another note, I came across this link to a deleted scene from 'The Loudest Thanksgiving' which storyboard artist Darin McGowan posted.

https://twitter.com/Asylum_26/status...82167123476481

Speaking of deleted content from the series, do you have a favorite or two, folks? One that it would have been fun if they kept was one bit from 'Ties That Bind' where Lola makes a funny 'nightmare face' (in the final episode I think she just made a regular angry one); this was cut during the storyboarding session, I believe.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-17-2018 at 09:22 AM.

Interesting interview with the show's composers about the upcoming 'Really Loud Music'. Certainly worth a read.

http://www.animationscoop.com/interv...ly-loud-house/

Very interesting indeed. Boy, I can't wait for next friday. This gonna be awesome.

I sure hope the movie is still in production. With the popularity that the show built over the seasons, it will be a win-win for everyone. Most interesting than some others Nickelodeon Movies projects.

@CousinMerl, to be honest I'm not really aware on what episodes have one or more deleted scenes. I saw Jeers for Fears had more scenes into the Royal Woods House of Terror on the storyboard. Despite the time I think it would have been nice to finally put them on the episode, the final part on the House of Terror being rather short. Especially this one :

My example for deleted scenes that stick out is actually more of a first take since the scene in question made it into the episode, but not in it's original form.

What I'm referring to is Leni & Luan's mirror/Macarena routine in Cover Girls as in the original storyboarded version Luna was in the latter's place, and she even completed the ensemble by sporting a fake pair of breasts! https://theloudhouse.fandom.com/wiki...%28Luna%29.gif

@John95, I didn't know of that alternate 'Cover Girls' scene (and those fake breasts are an really odd addition), however I think that Luan in final version was a much better choice for that gag as the mime act was perfect for such a character.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    to be honest I'm not really aware on what episodes have one or more deleted scenes.
    To be fair I'm not too sure either of what episodes have deleted or unused material, but some have popped up from time to time.

Another one that stand out is the gag in 'Lynner Takes All' where Lynn decides to compete with Lola at tooth brushing and ends up brushing her own teeth so fast and hard her gums begin to bleed (in the final episode one of the teeth simply comes off). While I can see why they cut it I think they could have gotten away with it as they have had no problem with Clyde's nose gushing blood, but I guess it was probably a bit too realistic and gross.

https://theloudhouse.fandom.com/wiki..._her_Teeth.gif

There was also gonna be another ending to the episode where Lynn, instead of ripping off her sleeves as she celebrates, she ripped apart her entire shirt to reveal a tank top which reads #1. I guess that they figured it was a bit too much.

https://theloudhouse.fandom.com/wiki...elebrating.gif
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-18-2018 at 02:25 AM.

Oh yeah, I knew those scenes. I had pretty much the same reaction about Lynn brushing her teeth (comparison with Clyde's nosebleed include). That's funny because, in some way, losing a tooth is more gruesome than gums bleeding.

@CousinMerl, Ironically several months later American Dad! did an episode where they had a similar "Gag" with someone's gums bleeding after brushing their teeth. And when they did it it proved that this show was right to cut it as it was disgusting, gross and pointless.

Anyways I'm fine with the final version as it also doubles as a Development Gag because Lynn's prototype design had her missing a tooth.

Regarding 'Really Loud Music', I'm still wondering how they will manage to handle 15 songs (!) in an single 20 minute episodes without having it feel rushed and ramped (it feels like this project deserved 40 minutes but we'll see how they will do). Also, if they really recorded some full ones and cut them down for airtime I hope that the uncut versions will be released somehow (either on radio, digital or, even better, on CD).

Also, what do you folks think of the music preview clip (which appeared in the interview)?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5JMxJpKh-Y

I find the song pretty decent and it does sound like something you'd hear on the radio so maybe it's gonna be a new single? (To be honest, at first I thought it would be one made specifically for this promo (considering it's not sung by the characters) but I guess it's gonna be in the episode).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-20-2018 at 07:21 AM.

@CousinMerl, Maybe the episode will do something akin to Pink Floyd - The Wall in order to have those 15 songs where's it's all singing with next to no talking. And it wouldn't be far fetched since they've already referenced the band on the show in the form of Dark Side of the Spoon.

They said besides Really Loud Music will be a "rock opera" special, and therefore probably with majority of the dialogue sung. So I guess the songs will be a part of the progress of the script, like a real rock opera.

For the song "Best Thing Ever", it remind me the kind of pop song I can see during end credits of some animated movies, haha. It's pretty nice, but I wonder what role that scene will play in the full episode.

As a rock opera and with the fact that most of the dialogue might very well be sung then the amount of songs could definitely work. And speaking of the songs, I saw this pic pop up via social media (which reveals that each Loud will sing a song from a different type of genre):

https://www.facebook.com/TheLoudHous...type=3&theater

Lynn Sr. and Rita singing a duet would make sense and while Lori, Luan and Lana are missing I do hope that they will get a song each too. As there are 15 songs in total that leaves three; will be interesting to see who will song those (maybe a secondary character or two?).

Your thoughts, @Wile E. the Brain & @John95?

Thread Information