Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

@CousinMerl, Yeah, I will agree with you there. In fact, awhile ago I listed all the Clyde heavy episodes that I liked and all of them were ones where at least one of the sisters was heavily involved. That said, every so often you do get the odd Clyde heavy episode where the sisters are involved that don't work like Change of Heart.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: TBD The Long March: TBD

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I'm agree, I'd like to see Clyde in an episode with him having interactions with the sisters, why not with only one of them, it could be interesting. In some way, like the tandem Clyde/Leni in Change of Heart (I don't much like this episode neither but the parts with both of them together are enjoyable).

Although I personally don't really mind the Clincoln McLoud episodes overall, even if they're more fragile (and in some occasions - Pasture Bedtime, The Whole Picture - more boring).

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

'The Whole Picture' wasn't so bad, but other than some of the photo recreation attempts I think it was kinda forgettable (which seems to be the case for several of the Clyde episodes). As for 'Change Of Heart', I didn't think it was all bad per se but I wish they didn't hit the reset button in the end which made it feel pointless.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-11-2018 at 11:44 PM.

I think both of those episodes are correct. But as you said, The Whole Picture is forgettable (and not very funny in my opinion), except the pretty touching ending, and Change of Heart, at the opposite, have a terrible ending, the choice of the statu quo is disappointing and I don't know why but the fact Lori is glad of that disturb me. It remind me the end of the subplot of Homer Scissorhands. Those two episodes are, anyways, part of the weakest of the season to me (but of course not as awful as No Such Luck).

@CousinMerl & @Wile E. the Brain, The reset button being pushed is what killed Change of Heart for me. Here the show has a change to actually make Clyde develop by moving on from his Lori obsession, only to go "Nah!" which as the former pointed out makes the whole episode feel pointless.

A new upcoming episode was revealed, according to the Wiki :

Driving Ambition
    When Lori finds out that the golf coach from her dream college is coming to see her play, she develops the yips.
    Most of the upcoming episodes seemingly have an airdate in January but I guess it's just an estimate from Zap2It, like Sitting Bull announced first in October (I doubt the show will have an almost three months hiatus, and there's no way the Thanksgiving episode, Fowl Play, will be released in January).

While Wikipedia isn't the most reliable source most of the episode descriptions that have ended up there thus far seem to have been correct (and I don't think the next hiatus will be that long but who knows what kind of thing they might pull).

I don't think so neither. But anyways, I'm not talking about Wikipedia, I'm talking about the Wikia of The Loud House.

With Wikipedia I meant both the basic one and the others such as the fandom ones, TLH included.

On Clyde, one thing I like that they have done is severly toning down his obsession with Lori as it's no longer nearly as prominent to the point of there being just a few smaller moments here and there (and there's no longer the really creepy stuff). Also, while the fanbase is vocal on their dislike of the character it still seems like his episodes generally get high ratings (for instance, 'Absent Minded' is the most seen S3 episode so far) so I guess at least the main target audience (kids) really likes him.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-17-2018 at 09:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    With Wikipedia I meant both the basic one and the others such as the fandom ones, TLH included.
    Yeah I see, sorry for the misunderstanding.

I'll be talking about Game Boys once I've seen all the episodes this week, but apparently this episode was the official debut of Tex Hammond as Lincoln (although Colin Dean is mistakenly credited instead).

Yeah, new episodes this week (which I almost forgot). 'll give my thoughts on them after they have all aired.

I'll get Game Boys out of the way first since I found it to be the worst of the week (surprise, surprise). I don't have much to say on it because I'd just sound like a broken record when it comes to Clyde episodes other than this one was actually worse than most since it was mainly him who as I've said before isn't an interesting character most of the time. As a result, it made this episode just as much of a chore to sit through as Absent Minded.

House of Lies and Sitting Bull were both decent, though I found the latter to be slightly disappointing when compared to Net Gains. And while I do still like the episode, my opinion of it has lessened a little the more I thought about it and how I felt that it was unfair for Lynn act the way she did for most of the episode, being reigned in only just barely and still being given a "Have your cake and eat it too". Sure, she did right the wrongs she committed by getting her sisters their babysitting jobs back, but when compared to what I already mentioned it just rang a little bit hallow.

The Spies Who Love Me was alright, albeit kinda predictable while Missed Connection ended up being the best of the bunch and really makes me wish that I hadn't missed out when it was first leaked back in July. I couldn't help but feel like these two episodes were made as a way to help the viewers slowly adjust to Los Casagrandes for when that show premieres sometime next year, especially considering how Missed Connection didn't have an appearance by Lincoln (which made it a little weird at first for Ronnie Anne to make an appearance without him).

And while it might be random I want to briefly point out the scene with Carlos' train pajamas which I thought was kinda clever as an obvious Thomas the Tank Engine reference because the animation for both shows are provided by the same animation studio in Canada called Jam Filled Studios and they both air on the same channel here in the US.

Personally I like Game Boys, much than episodes like Pasture Bedtime or Absent Minded (I liked the latter at first but he's aging badly in my mind). The premise is very similar to Shell Shock but I enjoy the execution, and also the interactions with the sisters, indirectly sure, but it was still pleasant. I wish there will be an episode where Clyde will interacts with one or many of them on direct way.

House of Lies was the weakest to me. Interesting premise but it's poorly written. I don't much like the fact only Lisa learned something at the end about the lying and there's no development for the rest of the family. She's considered the villain of the episode, which is not totally wrong since she toke it to the extreme, but still, it's pretty unfair. A white lie for time to time can be less hurtful than the truth (altough I personally think the truth is generally the better thing to say), but not at the point to getting used to do it. Also, why they still show Lynn Sr. as a bad cook ?

Sitting Bull was a little disappointing compared to my expectations, but I found this one very good. Lynn is surely agressive with her entourage and act in the wrong way, but it's more unconsciousness than real cruelty so it didn't bothered me. There was not a big development for her but there was some details I liked. For treating Lincoln the way she did, I think she was jealous about him having his sisters' trust but not her. And that jealousy and the desire to show she can have her sisters' trust too explain the way she act for the rest of the episode, I guess, even if she's not conscious she do it in the wrong way. Anyways, I like this one.

The Spies Who Loved Me was my favorite of the bunch, even if I feel it's basically a preparation for Los Casagrandes. And it's a bit weird to considerate it as a The Loud House episode than as a Los Casagrandes episode. Anyways, this episode shows the family have a great potential and an excellent bonding between them, and it makes me even more trustful towards the spin-off.

And Missed Connection was excellent too. As I said before, I saw this one when it was first leaked, but rewatching it is still a big pleasure. I love the way the show developed the bonding between Lori and Bobby with time, we have at this stage a really endearing couple, and their attempts to reanimate the connection between them are funny and sweet. I had a big laugh on Lana and Lola confused by the pizza shape and the Dark Side of the Spoon restaurant (great reference). And the ending is adorable.

I enjoyed all of these to at least some degree. Arguably better than last month's batch.

'House Of Lies' was an nice one. A good Lisa vehicle and the plot about her lie detection goggles (and later system) which prevents the family from blurting out their white lies over and over was kinda fun and was also a good take on when lies are used too much. Lisa had a good point (and reason) to do what she did and the lesson she learned made sense, though it would have been nice if the family promised to cut down on their lying and tell the truth more often (sort of like in 'Anti-Social' where they agreed to cut down on their phone & computer screentime to interact more) so it definitely missed out. Kinda felt like an season 1 episode.

'Game Boys' was decent. Clyde isn't a favorite but he's decent and the plot was interesting (he was especially worried and neurotic here but for a good reason). Him sneaking around and secretly interfering with their daily life as he tries to keep the handheld console safe was amusing and him coming clean about his worry was nice, however he still remained protective of his stuff (they really don't want him to change, do they?). He reminded me of someone I knew whom didn't easily want to lend stuff and wanted something lent away back already on the following day and that made this one a bit more likeable to me (though it was a retread of the better 'Shell Shock').

Sitting Bull' was also good, but a little disappointing as it was a step back from 'Lynner Takes All' and 'Net Gains'. Lynn as a babysitter with her brash attitude was a good plot and even though it had a lot of good stuff she didn't develop; she didn't learn to be better (although she made amends by getting the older sisters their sitting jobs back) and her being lucky to find one set of kids that was perfect for her felt like an easy solution (and like there was some wierd message of "you don't have to behave better infront of others, just find the right ones and tame them with your personality"). Still, she remained fairly likeable (I thought she'd be much worse) and it was a nice one.

'The Spies Who Loved Me' was really quite nice. Ronnie Anne I like so good to see her in a starring role again and the Casagrandes were nice to see again, all in a simple premise which made for an enjoyable little story. The humor was nice and the climax was all good, however it was unnecessary to cram every Casagrande into the episode (It only really needed the grandparents, Carlota & Carl alongsides RA), however it worked well despite the cramped feel (I hope that they wont make this mistake with the spin-off). Solid episode all in all.

'Missed Connection' was a great Lori & Bobby episode. The plot with the two thinking they are drifting apart after a series of mishaps and mistakes from both sides (due to interferences and misunderstandings) was one of the best down to earth-type stories in a while. I liked the splitscreen bits and the characters talking over the other and their interactions (and I though that they were actually gonna break up which would've been interesting but I'm glad they didn't). Also, I gotta say that the 'Dark Side Of The Spoon' restaurant gag was great; almost Simpsons-esque in a sense.

Ranking them I'd say Missed>Spies>House>Sitting>Game

Agree/disagree about anything in particular?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-26-2018 at 08:32 AM.

@John95, @Wile E. the Brain, how would you rank the episodes?

Also, anyone agree that 'Spies' suffered a little from having too many characters involved in the plot? It's just not necessary to give all the Casagrandes a role, especially if it is not a 22 minute episode.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-26-2018 at 08:39 AM.

@CousinMerl, My rankings:

1. Missed Connection
    2. House of Lies
    3. Sitting Bull
    4. The Spies Who Loved Me
    5. Game Boys

Also I agree with what you pointed out about the ending to Sitting Bull and how for me it made the resolve at the end ring slightly hallow by the fact that Lynn learned nothing and was still given a "Have your cake and eat it too!" kind of deal. And I didn't pick up on the questionable moral until you pointed out, but at least it's not as bad as Brawl in the Family's moral.

I get what you mean about 'Sitting Bull' (I hope they will actually develop her in her next episode; they should give her a 'No Laughing Matter' type ep where she realizes that her agressive jock attitude doesn't go home so well every time and I think she'd be much less one dimensional). I'm probably wrong about that 'moral' I mentioned but it kinda came off as that's what they tried to say with that ending.

Also, I moved up 'House Of Lies' on my rankings since I thought that one was a little more fun than 'Sitting' (and it felt like a season 1 episode like I said). Lisa has improved quite a bit with her more recent episodes and I hope that Lynn will too.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-26-2018 at 10:02 AM.

My rankings : Spies > Missed > Sitting > Game > House.

@CousinMerl, personally I didn't had that feel about The Spies Who Loved Me, actually I found it was nice to see all of them except Bobby and Ronnie Anne's mother. They were all funny and with an excellent bonding for me.

And I'm also a bit disappointed about the ending of Sitting Bull. It's like an easy solution for everyone (altough I think Lynn learned something in some way, but still no really development). I don't think the moral is as offensive as Brawl in the Family's one, but it's a sort of missed opportunity. There will still be Middle Men to add something at her personality, hopefully.

More episodes for next month, plus the Halloween themed ones have been moved up:

Oct. 9th - Everybody Loves Leni
    Oct. 10th - Middle Men (originally titled Lesson Plan)
    Oct. 11th - Jeers for Fears
    Oct. 12th - Tea Tale Heart

So they moved up the later episodes and scheduled the batch for early October? Good choice, I'd say. Not too soon yet not too late. As for the episodes themselves, I think they sound pretty promising (even 'Jeers For Fears which I hope will be a good one'), though with 'Sitting Bull' in mind I don't expect 'Middle Men' to do anything to develop Lynn a lot, but maybe her time will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    @CousinMerl, personally I didn't had that feel about The Spies Who Loved Me, actually I found it was nice to see all of them except Bobby and Ronnie Anne's mother. They were all funny and with an excellent bonding for me.
    It wasn't a bad thing, but I at least thought it wasn't exactly necessary to include them all in this one even though I like these characters; it felt like they had set it up as a RA, grandparents, Carlota & Carl episode but added the others maybe because it was thought to be wrong not to (and Bobby did make a cameo; he was locked in the store fridge). It worked fine so the ep wasn't exactly affected badly, but I hope that with the spin-off they won't include everyone of them in all the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    It wasn't a bad thing, but I at least thought it wasn't exactly necessary to include them all in this one even though I like these characters; it felt like they had set it up as a RA, grandparents, Carlota & Carl episode but added the others maybe because it was thought to be wrong not to (and Bobby did make a cameo; he was locked in the store fridge). It worked fine so the ep wasn't exactly affected badly, but I hope that with the spin-off they won't include everyone of them in all the episodes.
    I see what you mean. I think they had include all the Casagrandes because it's a sort of preparation for the spin-off. When it will come, I guess they'll do like they had do for The Loud House. I'd be surprised if they include each Casagrande in all the episodes.

I looking forward for the next episodes. Especially Everybody Loves Leni, since I really like (at least) almost all Leni episodes since the beginning of the show (and this one come on my birthday haha), and Tea Tale Heart because the plot is very promising.

Any predictions about the next episode bomb?

I think it will go like this: Tea Tale Heart > Everybody Loves Leni > Jeers for Fears > Middle Men

'Tea Tale Heart' feels like it will be the standout (considering how good recent Lola-centric episodes tend to be) and then the Leni which sounds quite good. I'm putting 'Jeers For Fears' over 'Middle Men' since with it being an Halloween-type episode it just might be the better one (besides, Lincoln & Clyde school episodes haven't really been some of my favorites and I don't think Lynn can save 'Middle').

The same predict ranking for me. I've seen a promo for Jeers for Fears, we could have a very nice visual delirium, so I'm putting this one over Middle Men too. Altough it could be good, we'll see.

I'll actually put Middle Men above Jeers for Fears simply because the former will include Lynn whereas the latter sounds like a strictly Lincoln & Clyde episode.

The sisters are slated to appear in 'Jeers' (if going by the info on the TLH wiki which so far has been rather correct when it comes to upcoming episodes) so I don't think you'll have to worry about Clyde being alone with Lincoln in that one.

And it also can be seen in the promo for this episode (among others Nickelodeon's Halloween specials) :

So new episodes starting tonight, huh?

By the way, what are your opinion on the Listen Out Loud podcasts, folks? I think they are pretty fun short stories and joy it's a hearing the VAs going at it in the mic (and are they canon? I would say that they are but as the focal character(s) address the viewers it has me wondering). Latest one is centered around Rita, btw.

Just saw Everybody Loves Leni, pretty good as usual for these kind of episodes where one of the sisters is the focus while Lincoln is sidelined.

Also @CousinMerl, the copy of the episode I saw showed the cast for tomorrow's episode and one of the two other Futurama VA's you mentioned as wanting to see in a future episode is gonna appear!

Sounds good to me (while it was a while we talked about VA wishes, I remember which ones I mentioned and it will be interesting to see what roles this one will play).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-10-2018 at 02:38 PM.

Thread Information