Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Here's my quick thoughts on the episodes that aired this week:

Breaking Dad and Gown and Out were both pretty good and I can't decide which one I liked more. Be Stella My Heart was alright, definitely better than the last Lincoln & Clyde + the rest of his friends episode and at least this one didn't have an ending that made the whole thing crash and burn like in Pasture Bedtime. Absent Minded was pretty much a stock Lincoln & Clyde only episode where it was pretty dull and boring, the "Scratch your back" part was also super repetitive especially once we got to Nurse Patti (though nice to see that things between her and Coach Pacowski seem to being working out) as it was very obvious by that point that there was no way she could've overheard them. And then the reveal that the whole thing was a Shaggy Dog Story (even if it worked out for everyone) actually soured my opinion of the episode a little more because it meant the repetitive boredom that I was forced to sit through was entirely pointless! Still better than Fool Me Twice, but definitely down there in regards to one of the worst for Season 3.

Also @CousinMerl I did listen to most of that podcast you mentioned. While I disagree on them saying that the April Fools episodes are good ones (especially since I think Fool's Paradise is still the worst episode of the whole series thus far), it's nice to see acknowledgement from someone who played a part in those episodes in regards to the negative feedback they receive as I don't see that happen very often. Makes me curious to know what Jessica DiCicco thinks of the more negatively received Lynn episodes like No Such Luck.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: 4/5 Throw It Away: 2/5 Girl, Internetted: 1.5/5 Adam West High: 1.5/5
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: TBD Demolition Daddy: TBD Pride Before the Fail: TBD Enter Stanman: TBD No Weddings and a Funeral: TBD Eight Fires: TBD The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: TBD Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

@John95, As you know I don't dislike the April Fools episodes as much as you (and yeah, I don't consider 'Fool's Paradise' that horrible) but agree that it's cool to hear from one of the main voice actors of those episodes speak out about them (by the way Pucelli seems like a great person). I'd certainly like to see more of the VA's get interviewed on the podcast; DiCicco would be a good second now that you mention it.

I've seen the new episodes too (and later than expected, of course) and I enjoyed this bunch quite a bit; it was a little better than the last week of premiers even though not all of them were excellent.

'Breaking Dad' was a good Lynn Sr. episode; he is always and I really liked Mr. Grouse being paired up with Lily as a literal babysitter (I kinda wish the focus would have been on them). It had some pretty good jokes, though I would have liked if they had Grouse softening up a bit going forward (which I think they could have pulled off but that's probably just me).

'Gown And Out' is probably the best one of these in my opinion. Lola episodes have usually been an highlight (she can be mean and conceited, hysterically funny and also sympathetic and emotional; credit to Grey Griffin), sporting a good plot with a nice conflict where she learned to be a better person and had some great scenes with Lori (I've said before that these two are two of the most well rounded characters so natually I liked them interacting).

'Absent Minded' was the weakest one. While not being a bad episode per se and me not having a real problem with Clyde, this one really didn't stand out and was merely okay at best and otherwise a little bland and repetitive with the plot of him thinking his permanent record isn't squeaky clean and tries to cover it up with Lincoln's help (and what's up with Clyde thinking that future Lincoln's kid will be some kind of hellraiser? That was pretty odd).

'Be Stella My Heart' was a good episode and the best one centered around Linc and his crew so far. Stella is likeable and the ending with the reveal of why she went out with them one by one was handled well, despite being a little predictable (it was obvious she wanted to know them and this was one solution, though i guess she could have told them beforehand despite them acting wierd). I hope that she will return and won't feel like Ronnie Anne V.2 without the soft bullying.

@CousinMerl, At the very least I don't want to see Stella eventually fall victim to the same fate that Christina and Paige fell victim to where they're girls that Lincoln likes but after awhile they just completely fall off the show's radar (the latter more so as she was forgotten instantly!). And I'm pretty sure you know by now that Stella is the same character from White Hare that was credited as New Girl and I mentioned back then how I didn't want to see them repeat that same mistake all over again since the title for Be Stella My Heart had already been revealed by then, so it was nice to see that already avoided here by making those two the same person.

Oh, and one thing I did want to mention about Gown and Out is that like Net Gains it was beneficial for the story that Lola lost. Even having her being the lowest ranking runner up for me would've gone against what the episode was trying to accomplish.

@John95, I certainly understand that Stella is the same girl that was partially seen in White Hare (he did after all refer to meeting her on the bus previously so it made sense). Also, I gotta say that in hindsight I do sort of wish that she would have been more like Jackie from Star Vs. which would have set her apart even more from Ronnie Anne, though that is just a little nitpick (how would you have felt about that?).

@CousinMerl, I never considered that until you brought it up. But yeah, that probably would've been for the better because I could see Stella eventually becoming a Replacement Scrappy for Ronnie Anne if not handled properly. For what little we saw of Christina and Paige, they did at least set them apart from Ronnie Anne.

Oh, and as for what you said about 'Gown And Out', I agree that it was good that Lola lost and didn't win or got to be a runner up. I was sure she would have been either 3rd or 2nd best so I was positively surprised her name didn't come up and how she took it so well and even congratulated the winner; the character has really grown so much that I kind of find it funny how so many viewers used to dislike her a lot.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Gown and Out effectively reminded me that Lola can be the typical spoiled brat, but also a sympathetic character, not heartless. It's good to see her in many ways throughout the show. And I also like the choice of the ending. She learn something, and she took it well (while remaining herself in some way, unable to say "lose", which is pretty funny).

I hope Stella will not be a simple replacement for Ronnie Anne, too. It could be cool to see her again as a real part of the group Lincoln - Clyde - Zach - Rusty - Liam. (And yep, way better episode centered around them than Pasture Bedtime.)

@CousinMerl, I also kinda like the April Fool's episodes. Yeah, I know they often gone too far, especially Fool's Paradise, and I don't much like the sociopathic Luan. But I think they're pretty funny the way they are. Over the top on purpose, and accepting that, I like watching them.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 08-07-2018 at 03:21 PM.

With the show getting these graphic novels (or more precisely collections with shorter comic adventures), would you folks like to see it getting an actual newspaper strip series (which was the main inspiration for it's visual style in the first place)?

I'd welcome it, not only because it would be a nice, fun expansion and be a good way to make shorter, simpler story ideas happen but also partially because then the series would get more attention from a broader audience, especially if it makes it into papers across the world.

Why not, it could be a nice initiative. But I dunno how are the graphic novels about The Loud House, since I haven't read any of them, except a couple of short stories in one of them.

But as you said, the bright side with that is that would be a good way to broaden the audience of the show. And, for the fans, see The Loud House in the hands of different artists (the thing I like with shows and franchises exported on other medias is see them on a different point of view, in the stories, the depiction of their universes - as long as it's not disrespectful, etc).

The show returns with new episodes next month though it's currently unknown what ones they'll be. In the meantime, recently the synopsis' for a bunch of upcoming episodes were revealed:

Really Loud Music (half-hour episode)
    Hoping to win a song-writing contest, Luna contemplates whether she should go with a song that’s true to her sound or try to make something that the whole world will love.
    House of Lies
    After witnessing an excess of lying in the family, Lisa invents lie-detecting glasses to try and curb the fibs.
    Game Boys
    Lincoln asks to borrow Clyde's new gaming system, but Clyde struggles to trust it's safe with him.
    Everybody Loves Leni
    Torn between her work friends and her school friends, Leni tries to bring everyone together.
    Lesson Plan
    When Lincoln and Clyde go to tour the middle school, Lynn gives them some questionable advice.
    Sitting Bull (10/26)
    The older sisters reluctantly let Lynn into their babysitting club, but she quickly proves to be too aggressive.
    The Spies Who Love Me (10/26)
    Ronnie Anne wants to go downtown, but her grandparents think it’s too dangerous, so they decide to spy on her.
    Jeers for Fears (10/29)
    After agreeing to go to The Royal Woods House of Terror, Lincoln and Clyde have to toughen up and face their fears.
    Tea Tale Heart (10/29)
    Lola discovers Lucy has an old, fragile doll, and decides she must borrow it - no matter what Lucy says.
    Fowl Play
    Faced with spending Thanksgiving apart, Lori and Bobby try to bring their crazy families together for the first time.
    Predict Ability
    After discovering he has rituals, Lincoln worries he's predictable and vows to change it up.
    Racing Hearts (2019; as confirmed by Kevin Sullivan)
    When Luna and Sam embark on a challenge taking place across Royal Woods, they discover they have less in common than they thought.

As per usual, the Lincoln & Clyde episodes don't sound like anything special (and neither does Predict Ability) but the rest are fine. Of these episodes, the ones I anticipate the most are Really Loud Music, Sitting Bull, The Spies Who Love Me, Fowl Play and Racing Hearts. Another upcoming episode (that I mentioned previously in regards to it's cast being leaked) called Missed Connection aired in Australia last month and hopefully it's one of the ones we see next month.

Also @CousinMerl, you mentioning the idea of the show possibly getting a comic strip reminded me that they actually wanted to give the series the half-tone look that is common in comic strips but opted out of that because it wouldn't have translated well on TV screens.

A bunch of promising episodes, I say. Those whom you quote are also the ones I anticipate the most (especially the two full-length episodes, Really Loud Music was announced as a rock opera themed episode and I would love that, and I expected an episode where the Loud family and the Casagrande family meet each other), I'll also add Everybody Loves Leni and Tea Tale Heart. And I don't mind the Clincoln McLoud episodes, they're not looking great but they could be enjoyable.

About Racing Hearts, am I the only one who's a bit sad they're not giving sequel to the others Loud siblings' crush from L is for Love ? Sure, I looking forward to see the progression of the Luna/Sam relationship, but, I don't know, there's some characters from L is for Love I'd like seeing again with the siblings (and with the cameo of David in Friendzy, why not ?). Or, in the case of Lucy, Rocky from Back in Black, because it was more cute than with Silas.

(I've seen Missed Connection when it was leaked by the way. Very good episode, but I'll not saying more.)
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 08-19-2018 at 02:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Also @CousinMerl, you mentioning the idea of the show possibly getting a comic strip reminded me that they actually wanted to give the series the half-tone look that is common in comic strips but opted out of that because it wouldn't have translated well on TV screens.
    That would have looked terrible so I'm glad they scrapped that and went for normal colors instead (speaking of which, the show's use of somewhat muted colors is something I like; It's helps give it more of that comic feel and doesn't burn your eyes).

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    About Racing Hearts, am I the only one who's a bit sad they're not giving sequel to the others Loud siblings' crush from L is for Love ? Sure, I looking forward to see the progression of the Luna/Sam relationship, but, I don't know, there's some characters from L is for Love I'd like seeing again with the siblings (and with the cameo of David in Friendzy, why not ?). Or, in the case of Lucy, Rocky from Back in Black, because it was more cute than with Silas.
    I don't really mind that they haven't followed up on the crushes from that episode since it was essentially played as just an one-episode joke thing and pretty obviously wasn't gonna get any deeper than that, however that they never brought back Lucy & Rocky as an item is a little disappointing (since there was an entire episode about her crush on him).

As for the upcoming episodes, the majority of them sounds pretty good (and a few of the Lincoln/Clyde episodes does sound interesting). Three of those that sound the most appealing to me are 'Really Loud Music', 'Fowl Play' & 'Racing Hearts'. I really hope that there will be episodes next month and viewers will be spared from that rumored two month hiatus until late October when the only episodes above with set dates will air ('Sitting Bull', 'The Spies Who Love Me', 'Jeers for Fears' & 'Tea Tale Heart'); if that is true it's gonna suck.

And when is 'Missed Connection' officially gonna air? Feels wierd how it was aired in one country (by mistake, it seems) and there's still not a set date for it. Are they gonna push it to next year and until the Los Casagrandes spinoff starts airing since it's an Lori & Bobby episode, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    I don't really mind that they haven't followed up on the crushes from that episode since it was essentially played as just an one-episode joke thing and pretty obviously wasn't gonna get any deeper than that, however that they never brought back Lucy & Rocky as an item is a little disappointing (since there was an entire episode about her crush on him).
    Yeah, I see your point and I'm conscious it was a one-episode thing, but it could be sympathic to give some continuity to the events of this episode, and not only for Luna and Sam. But it's my opinion, and I not say it's really disturbing anyways. It's way more disappointing for the whole Lucy/Rocky relationship, clearly.

@CousinMerl, There was a promo released a few days ago confirming that there will be new episodes in September so the two month hiatus rumor is false. I dunno about that part with Missed Connection considering that one of the episodes confirmed for October is a Casagrande one as is the Thanksgiving one. But like I said, at the very least hopefully it's one of the ones we get next month.
    @Wile E. the Brain, In regards to what you said about crushes I mentioned earlier this year that I find it a little annoying how they keep introducing girls that Lincoln has a crush on only to have them to fall completely off the radar after awhile like Christina and Paige (especially in her case since she was only in one episode).

I'm agree. Christina had a reason to not coming back after the end of Making the Case, but for Paige, it was a bit of a joke (even if I'm pretty sure the writers knew that will be a one-time crush for Lincoln... and a one-time character). I guess the case Lincoln/Ronnie Anne is too ambiguous to not give Lincoln others crushes, but not that ambiguous to give him a permanent crush.

S03E17_Behind_the_scenes.jpg

Can't wait to see this one. I hope there will be some episodes before those scheduled to the end of October.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

Considering @John95 said above that there was a promo that confirmed new episodes for the next month it's a given (which I'm glad for; a two month hiatus would have been too much).

I didn't see the promo in question, but it's a good thing if it was confirmed. At least those hiatus are not as long as for some Disney TV Animation shows, even if it's still a bit annoying. They should let go the "bomb format".

@Wile E. the Brain, Here's the promo I saw: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi08IN2SdtI

Also, the show tends to do better whenever they air it in the bomb format as opposed to Friday night premieres. For example, Head Poet's Anxiety was originally to air on a Friday in April but got delayed until June as part of a bomb because the other episodes that month that aired on Friday night did horribly ratings wise.

While I've come to understand why they utilize the episode bomb release format something that I don't quite get is why they air a majority of the episodes wholly out of their correct numbered order (for example 10A, 11B, 10B, 12A, 11A, 12B, etc.) which seems to be for no special reason.

@John95, do you know anything about it?

@CousinMerl, Sorry, your guess is as good as mine in regards to why they air episodes like that.

@John95, are you sure there will be new episodes next month? I mean, other than that low quality promo I still haven't seen any confirmation for September premieres of TLH, just the ones that are set to air late October (speaking of which, what seems to be the 'Jeers For Fears' episode was teased a little: https://www.instagram.com/p/BnHnCe0h...d=p2ktj5xoavfe).

There was also a press release mentioning there'd be new episodes, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a sudden change to the schedule considering the number of times that's happened this year...

Just came across this new promo so it looks like there's gonna be at least one episode this month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk8aJ8fKIAw

Just checked the Wiki and apparently we'll be getting a whole week's worth of episodes in two weeks which will consist of:

Sept. 17th - House of Lies/Game Boys
    Sept. 18th - Sitting Bull
    Sept. 19th - The Spies Who Love Me
    Sept. 20th - Missed Connection

So yeah, other than Game Boys this looks like a pretty solid lineup at least when compared to last month's batch of episodes.

Also, according to someone who works on the show Really Loud Music is scheduled to air sometime in November.

Looking forward for the tandem Sitting Bull / The Spies Who Loves Me in particular, but all of those episodes sounds promising.

I wonder the context of Leni dyeing her hair in orange.

Huh, odd that the promo only advertised House Of Lies when there's a batch of them coming the same week (including one that airs alongside with it).

Anyway, good to know; I think all of them sound like potential good ones so I'm looking forward to them, maybe especially Sitting Bull which seems the most interesting (I hope that Lynn will get some character development as out of all the sisters she needs it the most; maybe we'll get to see a softer and more caring side of her, perhaps?).

As for Game Boys I think it sounds promising as well despite not seeming like the most exciting episode out of these (speaking of which, @John95, are you condemning it simply for being a Clyde episode or because the plot seems uninteresting? Just wondering).

It's my biggest expectation with Sitting Bull, since Lynn can be a really endearing character sometimes, and with great potential, but she's a bit lack of character development, especially in comparison with the older sisters at this point of the show. Although Net Gains earlier this year was a good opportunity to give her more development.

I'm glad by the way Missed Connection have finally an airdate, even if I saw this one when it was leaked. I wonder if it will be the last episode directed by Chris Savino (I mean, in the airdate order).

@CousinMerl, Pretty much a little of both. As evidenced by most of my postings on here the more Clyde heavy episodes tend to be the weakest (something that I know @fas1997 would agree with me on) because I don't find him to be an interesting character (and I'm mentioned his lack of popularity in other places before) and most of the episodes about him tend to be pretty boring (with the latest Absent Minded being one of the worst offenders by daring to make the whole central conflict of the episode entirely pointless thereby making it's boringness sprouted by said conflict superfluous!).
    @Wile E. the Brain, Net Gains was the reason why I'm anticipating Sitting Bull because I'm interested to see if they continue with another episode where Lynn is given development but not before being knocked down a peg (don't dislike her, but after last season even I'll admit that she needs a moment like that every once in awhile).

@John95, I think that something you'll agree with me about Clyde is that I feel he works best in tandem with the Loud sisters (such as in Overnight Success and Baby Steps, the latter of which is possibly my favorite episode with him); there is by far much more of an interesting and fun dynamic there instead than the Lincoln & Clyde (and friends)-only episodes that feel more basic and in some ways constrained. I'd like to see more of those (also ones without Lincoln which would be even more interesting).

Also, Net Gains certainly was a step in the right direction for Lynn (as was Lynner Takes All, which I quite liked, to some degree) so there are definitely hopes for Sitting Bull and I hope it delivers.

Thread Information