Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Yeah, I think I remember you making that point about the bomb format; the ratings is probably the one upside to them.

As for what you say about Pasture Bedtime, I do agree that it wasn't that bad but I actually didn't think the party humiliation was that bad since the did kinda deserve it for abandoning Liam and being generally careless, though the plot itself could admittedly have been avoided; It struck me as odd that they didn't even try to talk to Liam and convince him to go with them to the party for just a little while instead of being lying jerks, but then this episode would have needed a re-write (though I think they could have pulled it off, as in maybe the party not really being as fun as the farm).

Something I do think they should try is having episodes with Rusty, Zach & Liam interact with and even star alongside Lincoln's sisters since we haven't really seen any of that except for briefly in the first sleepover episode (Overnight Sucess, I think it was); I think they could get a lot of good and funny stuff out of that if they tried.

@CousinMerl, Honestly, I would've probably been more OK with the four of them still going minus Liam if the outcome had been the party wasn't as fun for them versus what we got since the reason why that didn't work for me was because it was too obvious to humiliate them for ditching Liam.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: TBD Connie's Celica: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

@John95, I think that could have worked as well (and better than the more obvious way it went, even with Liam first acting dumb as if he didn't know where they went). Still, I think it was decent as said (also, why did you think 'Shop Girl' was only OK? Of this batch I think it was the best regular length episode).

On another note, I was thinking of the song in 'Tripped!' (what did you think of it, btw?) and it cements that most the main cast really are good singers; with the show's popularity and all, I think the Loud House team should consider doing a The Simpsons Sing The Blues-type album with the main cast performing original songs and covers in-character (The Louds Sing The Blues?). Your opinion on this as well?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-03-2018 at 11:45 PM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I do agree that Clyde isn't that interesting. In fact, most of the Lincoln/Clyde stories tend to fall on the bland side most of the time because of him or the fact the plot is cliched and predictable (like trying to re-do pictures and setting up matchmaking with their school staff). I notice the sisters are almost never present together in these episodes

Also, they revealed more info about TLH spinoff: http://www.nickandmore.com/2018/07/0...andes-pick-up/
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

While I agree that Clyde is mostly fairly uninteresting, I don't think that all Lincoln & Clyde centric episodes are weak; I do like 'Baby Steps' (mostly due to Clyde interacting with the younger sisters; him rescuing Lana from a tree was a sweet moment) & 'Out Of The Picture' was also good, if mainly because of Lola's subplot where she asks them to swap her bad photo to a good one. 'Overnight Success', 'Two Boys And A Baby', 'Intern For The Worse' & 'AARGH! You For Real?' are also some pretty good ones IIRC. @John95, @fas1997, what Clyde-heavy episodes do you like? (also asking the music related question from above again).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-04-2018 at 06:07 AM.

@CousinMerl, An album would be nice, it'd be better if it was given a CD release which I doubt since physical format is dying which is a shame for someone like myself who prefers the physical copy over a download.

Clyde heavy episodes I like:

Overnight Success
    Two Boys and a Baby
    Roughin' It
    Out of the Picture
    Cheater by the Dozen
    Pulp Friction
    Tricked!

Though you'll probably quickly catch on that all the episodes I listed have either at least one of the sisters playing a big role or most of them in a supporting role.

You reminded me of some other good ones there. I even forgot that 'Tricked!' had Clyde in a big role; that's also one of the best episodes overall.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Though you'll probably quickly catch on that all the episodes I listed have either at least one of the sisters playing a big role or most of them in a supporting role.
    Which further drives home the point of him working best in episodes where one or more of the Loud sisters appear in a role, though some episodes without them still works well.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Glad to see there's a thread for this show here. I've discovered The Loud House a couple of months ago on TV. I think it was with Two Boys and a Baby. It was pretty good. And after that, i've seen another episode... and another... and I guess it was at that moment I realized I'm really hook on this show.

It's really addictive, charming, funny, sometimes touching, and with loveable characters. It didn't take me too long to see all episodes. And I follow actively the newscomers. So yeah, I'm a big fan too. It's a very good show.

Oh, and my favorite episodes are (in no particular order, except maybe for the first five) : For Bros About to Rock, L is for Love, Homespun, Potty Mouth, 11 Louds a Leapin', Tricked, Cover Girls, Undie Pressure, Changing the Baby, Along Came a Sister, Suite and Sour... And a lot of others.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 07-05-2018 at 12:42 PM.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2.5/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - TBA / Hail to the Teeth - TBA

Nice to see another one who likes the show pop up.

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    Also, they revealed more info about TLH spinoff: http://www.nickandmore.com/2018/07/0...andes-pick-up/
    I'm looking more and more forward to the spin-off and I hope it'll be good and do well ratings-wise (I miss Ronnie and Bobby on The Loud House so it'll be nice to see them more regularily). That five episode story arc for the parent series sounds quite interesting (I'm hoping that we'll finally see the entire Loud family meet the Casagrandes).

Same, I'm looking forward, mostly because I really enjoy (and miss, too) Ronnie Anne and Bobby, and I like the Casagrande family, it could be the possibility to make them even more endearings. I wonder if the Louds will make some appearances in the spin-off, by the way.

About the last week, I'm agree with you, it was kinda disappointing. I loved Shop Girl and Tripped! is a very good full-length episode (not my favorite full-length but still very good), but Pasture Bedtime and What Wood Lincoln Do? are passable and a little boring, and Ruthless People was unpleasant.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 07-06-2018 at 09:43 AM.

I can't wait for the spin off too.

I've seen some reviews on the Internet for the episodes and I realized Sound of Silence and Sleuth or Consequences are not really appreciated. What do you think about those episodes ? Am I the only one who enjoy both of them ?

Also, apparently, Missed Connection, who have no airdate in United States, will be shown in Australia and New Zealand the 12th.

I think both of those episodes ('Sound of Silence' and 'Sleuth or Consequences') are pretty decently good; not great but not bad either. I understand why they are disliked but I never really had a problem with them; they are well told and have some nice jokes (the biggest issue I have with them is the sisters going a bit too far punishing Lincoln for his wrongdoing in the former and the latter's plot being kinda clichéd and familiar).

What are your favorite characters, @Wile E. the Brain? Your favorite of the Loud sisters?

They going a bit too far, I agree, but I think it's not so exagerated too. I don't say Lincoln totally deserved what he got, but they didn't push it to the extreme. It's reasonable in the disproportionate retribution, in some way. About Sleuth or Consequences, it's kinda predictable but I enjoy the story, the Lincoln/Lucy duo and the humor ("My crime eye !" always crack me up).

Well, for my favorite sister, I will say Luna or Leni. I love the energy of the former and the kindness of the latter. In general, for the characters outside the Loud family, I really like Bobby and Ronnie Anne, and for the minor characters, I think Scoots' hilarious.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    I've seen some reviews on the Internet for the episodes and I realized Sound of Silence and Sleuth or Consequences are not really appreciated. What do you think about those episodes ? Am I the only one who enjoy both of them ?

Also, apparently, Missed Connection, who have no airdate in United States, will be shown in Australia and New Zealand the 12th.
    They're both good episodes, if not, relatable on Sound of Silence's part.

I personally think the show's fans overreact a little bit, especially when something bad happen to a character.

Speaking of the secondary characters, I hope they will create a good and memorable supporting cast for the spin-off; they already have a good start with those introduced in the previous Casagrande episodes so I guess they are probably using those as a basis and goes on from there to expand the cast. I actually think it's one of their most important objectives because supporting characters can make or break a show.

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    I personally think the show's fans overreact a little bit, especially when something bad happen to a character.
    It's depending of the mean-spiriting of some episodes, I guess. I understand why most of them hate the April Fool's trilogy, for exemple.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Speaking of the secondary characters, I hope they will create a good and memorable supporting cast for the spin-off; they already have a good start with those introduced in the previous Casagrande episodes so I guess they are probably using those as a basis and goes on from there to expand the cast. I actually think it's one of their most important objectives because supporting characters can make or break a show.
    Yeah, City Slickers was a good installation for the town where the Casagrandes live and some of its inhabitants, I hope they'll expand it in the spin-off and they'll not rest too much on the Loud House characters. It could be fun if the Casagrandes spin-off have his own characters.

Earlier I came across a link to a Soundcloud podcast where Cristina Pucelli (Luan's voice actress) is interviewed and didn't start listening to it until now; even though it doesn't start off as much it becomes interesting with for example some talk about her meeting Nancy Cartwright, getting asked about her feelings on the negative fan reception of the April fools episode (I think this would be the interesting for the likes of @John95 who doesn't like those eps) and more.

I usually don't listen to a lot of these animation podcasts but I'd say this is worth a listen, maybe especially for fans of the show but also for those into animation and voiceacting (it begins at 4:35 so skip to that point; I also have to say that the choice of Luan picture is perfect).

https://soundcloud.com/abdullahq/ell...istina-pucelli
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-16-2018 at 09:03 AM.

So we are apparently on our fourth Lincoln now (if counting the pilot episode).

https://twitter.com/WyomingParmesan/...32383030251520

Also two new episodes this week, both on the 20th:

Crimes of Fashion
    When Leni gets fired from her job due to missing scarves Lincoln and Clyde take on the case as Ace and Jack.
    Scales of Justice
    Lana springs into action when she learns her favorite fish are in jeopardy of losing their home to construction.

Collin Dean's puberty felt since some episodes so it's not surprising, although it was not really disturbing (to me, at least). Well, I wonder if Dean will have some other appearences in the future, like Grant Palmer in Snow Way Out. Also, the new voice sounds pretty similar to Dean, so it's fine.

Nice to see there will be a continuity with the events of Shop Girl, I'm looking forward for this one. And Scales of Justice could be good, too.

I think Scales Of Justice sounds like the better one; episodes centered around one or both of the twins usually winds up enjoyable (speaking of which, I saw that there is an Lola episode coming up in a couple of weeks with 'Gown And Out').
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-19-2018 at 07:33 AM.

I enjoy the episodes centered auround one of the twins, but I don't know why, I think they're more endearings when they're together (Patching Things Up is one of my favorites).

Well, both episodes were very good.

Scales of Justice is a good exploitation of "Activist Lana", more than Frog Wild (who's still pretty good), and I don't expected the part with the "swamp monster", it was really funny. The Peanuts references are also hilarious (and Lola is not the only twin who can make slasher smiles, apparently). I thought than more sisters would be included in Lana's plan, I expected it anyway. But still very good.

Crimes of Fashion is really enjoyable too. Nice to see Lincoln and Clyde as Ace Savvy and One-Eyed Jack for the whole episode. I like the references to others episodes (Shop Girl of course, but also Sleuth or Consequences with the cards and the "crime eye", and For Bros About to Rock with Scoots), it's funny and well writen, and Leni is adorable when she cries, even if, of course, it does not affect (so much) my opinion for the episode.

I quite liked both of these too.

'Scales of Justice' turned out to be my fav of the two as I predicted. Good and fun story of Lana trying to save the family of fish in the pond, I liked the whole mud monster debacle with the media circus (reminded me of Call of The Simpsons with Homer being mistaken for Bigfoot), the Peanuts trombone gags & the recurring joke of Leni getting scared and running into things. I appreciated how they kept the focus on Lana and didn't add in others as co-protagonists (her activist side and how she's a friend to all kinds of animals is admirable).

'Crimes Of Fashion' was not as good but I liked it. Nice mystery plot with Linc and Clyde helping Leni by trying to solve a crime she was blamed for; the new characters introduced were good additions (I hope we'll see Fiona again) and there was some nice twists and turns; the solution was a little predictable but it didn't hurt and Leni was sweet as usual (it was sad when she cried and the VA sold it; the show good at that human factor). I also liked how they kept the continuity with Leni working at the store since Shop Girl, but they forgot about her being a high school student.

Leni was sweet as usual (it was sad when she cried and the VA sold it; the show good at that human factor)
    Yep, it reminded me why I really love Leni, for her sweet and kind nature and the way they show it. Also, I love the storyboarding in the scene where she cries in the stairs, with Linc and Clyde with her, it's full of loveable details.

By the way CousinMerl, what are your favorite episodes ?

@Wile E. the Brain, I haven't done an episode top list for this show yet so I compiled a Top 12; it's hard to cut it down episodes (some got left out so let's just say those are in the Top 20) but I think I've gotten an approximate list down now (in episode number order):

Picture Perfect
    Undie Pressure
    Ties That Bind
    Toads And Tiaras
    A Fair To Remember
    One Flu Over The Loud House
    Homespun
    11 Louds A Leapin'
    Suite And Sour
    Party Down
    Tricked!
    Tripped!

How does your top list of episodes look like, folks?

(By the way, @John95; did you watch the recent episode? You haven't posted in a while).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-06-2018 at 01:06 AM.

@CousinMerl, Yes I did, and my lack of postings here lately was due to me being without internet for the last week and a half and just got it back on Monday. But it's nice to see that news was still being reported on even with my absence since I'm usually the one who breaks the news as it comes out.

There's not much for me to say about the latest two that you haven't said (though Crime of Fashion I thought was boring mainly for being predictable after awhile), and the latter is another example of how the episodes centered on Clyde tend to be weaker if at least one of the sisters doesn't play a critical role in it.

One more thing I will add though for those who aren't aware is that Tex Hammond (the fourth Lincoln) is Grey Griffin's son. So unlike most kids his age, I bet it doesn't embarrass him when he says that he and his mom have the same job. Also, while it might be awhile before we see the first episode with Tex as Lincoln, he already debuted as the character in a recent episode of the podcast.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    There's not much for me to say about the latest two that you haven't said (though Crime of Fashion I thought was boring mainly for being predictable after awhile), and the latter is another example of how the episodes centered on Clyde tend to be weaker if at least one of the sisters doesn't play a critical role in it.
    It's unfortunate that the episode felt predictable which was the biggest minus (I sat and waited for the truth to come out as it eventually did; I think that they should have done that differently and gone with something less obvious, which they have done in many previous episodes. Also, I didn't mind Clyde here (to be fair he just played the supporting role) and the bits with Leni were good so it's not like there was any sister involvement in it.

By the way, did anyone of you listen in to the podcast interview I put up the link to?

How does your top list of episodes look like, folks?
    I already a bit mentioned mine, but overall (and as a top 15), it looks like this :

For Bros About to Rock
    L is for Love
    Homespun
    Potty Mouth
    11 Louds a Leapin' / Tricked ! (I can't decide between them, both are excellent holiday episodes)
    Cover Girls
    Undie Pressure
    Changing the Baby
    Suite and Sour
    One Flu Over the Loud House
    No Laughing Matter
    Along Came a Sister
    Patching Things Up
    Project Loud House
    Space Invader

I don't count season 3 for the moment, but it could be have Fandom Pains in my top 15.

The podcast with Pucelli ? I listen it a bit, it's interesting, but I don't have listen it entirely for the moment.

The episodes of this week were pretty good, globally.

Gown and Out was my favorite so far. Excellent bonding between Lori and Lola, the two characters are kind in this one, and I like the realistic behavior of Lola, too afraid when she enters in a big competition for the first time. It's pretty sad when she confess to Lori, great interpretation of Grey DeLisle. Also, the continuity with Toads and Tiaras, with Lincoln who's still the twin's coach, is hilarious.

For the three others, Breaking Dad is pretty funny, a good way to put Lynn Sr. in the limelight, with a predictable turn but a funny ending, Absent Minded is a good Clyde-centric, who proves Lincoln's friend can hold a whole episode on his shoulders with his pal, but the "I scratch your back, you scratch mine" part is too long (even if I like the way they play with, with Lincoln's remarks), and Be Stella My Heart is basically correct at the beginning, but have an very good and promising ending. It could be interesting to see Stella again in the future (good character by the way), but this time, as a part of Lincoln's friend group.

Thread Information