Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: Wile E. the Brain)

It seems as though Nick is having a hard time making their minds up right now, because the week of premieres has been delayed AGAIN until the 21st!
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: TBD Connie's Celica: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

It's almost as if they want the show to lose viewers and fail, even though it being their second biggest one. I'm actually starting to think it would've been better off at Cartoon Network or Disney.

@CousinMerl, Disney Channel maybe (as I've heard that that channel is starting to get better in regards to it's programming). CN... Eh, not so much as I could see it suffering the same fate Steven Universe suffers from on there (one of their most popular shows, with long gaps between new episodes and next to no reruns in favor of excessive reruns of TTG!).

SU is one of those series I don't watch but I've heard about the huge hiatus issues so maybe The Loud House wouldn't be so good at CN (and definitely not at Disney XD; I just think of the thing with the new Ducktales, a show that premiered in August last year and has aired only 9 episodes with no new ones since early December, though it seem to be coming back soon).

@CousinMerl, The new DuckTales is actually coming back this week (though two new episodes have already aired in other countries), but it's moving to Disney Channel. Supposedly the same thing will also happen to Star vs. the Forces of Evil when Season 4 comes out.

So I found out that today it's apparently two years since the show premiered with the episodes 'Left In The Dark' & 'Get The Message'. Too bad that new episodes are still two weeks away, though .

By the way, here's a general question: Which is better; the intro theme or the ending theme?

For me I'd have to say the end theme. The intro is really good and all but I think the latter has a better sound and funnier lyrics.

@CousinMerl, I was actually there that night to watch the series premiere on TV! I would also catch the premieres for nearly every episode up until The Price of Admission/One Flu Over the Cuckoos which was the point when Nick was removed from our cable package.

Same for the ending theme.

Well shit, you can forget about the new episodes beginning on the 21st because they've been delayed AGAIN but this time indefinitely!

Why do I get that feeling they somehow might very well pull the plug on the show even though they have a movie, a spinoff as well as a lot of merchandise all coming out?

Eh, maybe it's just me being extremely negative. Still, I wonder what they have planned.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Nick is doing this on purpose, I swear. We're back to square one in terms of how they treat other shows.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Alright, so unless they change things again, the week of premieres is now scheduled for June 11th.

Would be good if they have settled for that date, but by this point I don't count on it.

The week of premieres has been rescheduled again, but now they've pushed it up to next week. Since there's a promo for it, it would appear as though they actually will follow through this time (hopefully, since anything can happen in the next six days).

I dunno the extent of the episodes that will be shown, but judging from the promo we'll at least be getting Head Poet's Anxiety and The Mad Scientist both of which were supposed to air back in April and have since been given accidental early releases on Amazon.

EDIT: Yep, it appears as though they will be following through this time as they've released the title cards. I think the plots for the first two have already been posted on here, but here's what the other two are about:

Deal Me Out (6/6)
    Lincoln and Clyde worry that they may be too old to still be playing Ace Savvy.
    Friendzy (6/7)
    Lincoln discovers that having a friend over means getting special privileges, and he takes advantage of that.
    A few other things to note about the episodes:
    * Sam will make a non-speaking cameo in Friendzy.
    *Head's Poets Anxiety and Deal Me Out will be the first episodes to air with Andre Robinson as Clyde.

For the most part, this week of premieres looks solid. Though I'll admit that I'm expecting much out of Deal Me Out since the Lincoln & Clyde heavy episodes tend to be far weaker especially when looking at the last few like Not a Loud and Teacher's Union. Also, I've already seen Head Poet's Anxiety when it was first leaked but I feel like I need to see it again before commenting because the version I saw was horribly out of sync.
    Last edited by John95; 05-29-2018 at 11:43 AM.

I've been away for almost a week so apologize for not commenting sooner

Anyway, good thing they moved the episodes up, even thouh it's just a little; feels like there's been way too long since there's been any new episodes (and regarding those that have leaked due to getting released early on Amazon, I won't talk about them until they air properly). Regarding next week's, I think they both sound good, even Deal Me Out (which I think sounds like it has a nice, interesting plot).

Since I don't have to worry about doing a double post now, here's some more news that's come out over the last few days:

* The next half-hour special Tripped (which was also released on Amazon early by mistake, though I've yet to see it) with air on the 25th.
    * The cast for an upcoming episode entitled Missed Connection has been leaked. And according to it, it will be the third episode where Lincoln makes no appearance as well as the first time Ronnie Anne appears without him.
    * Chris Savino has been suspended from the Animation Guild of Los Angeles following the sexual allegations that got him kicked off the show in the first place. This means he's officially blacklisted from the industry for at least a year (an ironic fate since he threatened to do the same to the women who refused his advances), must pay $5,000 to a charity (which will be decided by the Guild members who accused him), complete 40 hours of community service, partake in ongoing counseling and receive a certificate of sexual harassment training.

Regarding Savino, I'm still waiting for them to pull his name from the show; almost every time I watch the new episodes I expect to see his "created by" credit at the end of the intro to have gotten removed but it hasn't (at least not so far). I wonder if these recent news about his punishments will have any effect on that.

I feel like they're waiting until after they've aired all the upcoming episodes that still have his name on them before they remove his name entirely.

Blog Entries

I wonder if they legally can? Skyler Page kept his "created by" credit on Clarence, I don't know if there's any precedent

I doubt they can. However, in the Skyler Page case it seems like he was just fired and avoided taking this amount of punishment (I suppose due to his mental health issues, something that doesnt seem to be present this time) so this might be a little different. I don't know how it works so we'll see eventually, I guess.

So a bunch of new episodes are out now (The Mad Scientist, Deal Me Out & Friendzy). Haven't seen them yet but I will and will post my thoughts on them then.

I've seen them and I'll post random thoughts on them all:

Head Poet's Anxiety
    * As I've mentioned before, I saw this episode when it was first accidently released back in April. I didn't talk about it then though because the copy of it that I saw was horribly out of sync and felt like I needed to see it properly before talking about it. When compared to the rest of the episodes from this week, it's probably my favorite.
    * When Luan discovered that Lucy was going to achieve what she'd wanted to do, the way the reveal played out made it look as if she was going to sabotage her somehow ala one of her pranks. And had that been the case, the episode would've severely lost me. Thankfully, they didn't go that route.
    * Am I the only one who wants to see more Luan with her hair down?

The Mad Scientist
    * The episode while good, did lose me a little at the end with the Reset Button of Lisa using the time machine. Although to their credit, they did establish it enough times so that it didn't feel like a total Ass Pull even if I still considered it to be a small copout.

Deal Me Out
    * As a Lincoln and Clyde episode, it was simply OK. Definitely better than Teacher's Union, but like that one I don't see myself revisiting this one very much. I do relate a little to the overall theme of wondering if you ever get too old for certain interests (for example, I collect Sesame Street items but mostly ones that are at least 25 years old at this point).
    * The file that I saw this episode on was labeled Too Old for This Capes**t which I thought was funnier than anything in the actual episode itself.
    * I was surprised when I learned that Caleel Harris would be dropped as Clyde due to puberty because unlike with Grant Palmer where it was very obvious that he was going through the change in his last few episodes as Lincoln, I never noticed a change with Caleel. But at least Andre Robinson sounds identical enough to him.

Friendzy
    * This episode's file was labeled The Episode Where Sam Appears which does accurately sum up how the episode while good was overhyped a tad due to the aforementioned's appearance (even though it was already said it would be more or less a cameo). But at least we've now seen the episode with the scene that Savino previously posted the storyboard for last year.
    * Without looking at the show's Wiki, I could recognize at least half of the characters that appeared. I also felt as though there were some missed opportunities to bring in a few more pre-established minor characters like Tabby or Polly Pain.

From best to worst, here's how I'd rank them: Head Poet's Anxiety > Friendzy > The Mad Scientist > Deal Me Out

Now I've seen all of the new episodes and can give my opinion on them proper.

Head Poet's Anxiety - I think I saw this one before but still gave it a watch. Really good. Good plot with nice emotional stuff and some great character development for Luan; it's nice to see another side of her other than pranks & puns. She had nice chemistry with Lucy and the one-sided conflict between them was handled well. Speaking of her design with the hair down (which you mentioned) and the dress, I liked it; I like how she keeps the scrunchie even when she dresses up for special occasions (btw, I always found her to have one of the best character designs on the show).

The Mad Scientist - This was enjoyable. I liked to see Lisa in her true element for an episode and the emotional conflict; they had quite a bit of fun with this one with the Dexter's Laboratory vibe and a fun song song (who knew the actress can sing so good as an lisping character ?). It got really silly with the time machine (really tore down the show's foundation of grounded realism and was convenient) but it was amusing and I kinda liked it though I wished the solution was more realistic (and I still like the recurring joke about her love for West Coast rap).

Deal Me Out - Pretty decent overall. Probably the least funny of these episodes but the storyline was interesting and had a nice realistic feel to it, some neat little moments of humor and an nice ending with a positive message; I really like when the show tackles real-life issues and this was no exception. Clyde's new voice actor sounds a smidgeon different from the old one but just as the change of Lincoln's VA I don't mind it at all and it sounds pretty similar (actually thought the initial complaining of Linc's voice change was kind of ridiculous).

Friendzy - I really liked this one. It didn't have as strong of a plot as 'Head Poet's Anxiety' but I think I prefer this one because it was funnier so as a comedy episode this was pretty solid. Liked the story, how it was framed with Lincoln telling it as a flashback & the siblings trying to one-up the other by inviting a bunch of friends over (with one more friend for each) before it turns into a fight (and seeing Sam again was good but I wish she spoke). With the abeforementioned conflict and the return of the fight chart it kinda came off as the good version of 'Brawl In The Family'.

@John95, Sorry for the double post but a few questions about the new batch of eps:

- What did you think of the song in The Mad Scientist? (and did they go too far with the time machine business?)
    - Did Friendzy remind you of Brawl In The Family a little too? For me this was more of what that one should have been.

Furthermore, I saw there's two new episodes scheduled for this week. Nice that the show is back, but for how long until the next hiatus?

@CousinMerl,

I liked the song. A little unexpected, but I liked it. Plus I knew that Lisa's VA could sing as she has some stage background. I've already said that I considered the whole time travel part to be a bit of a copout, so yeah they did go a little too far with it.
    The more I think about it, yeah it does. Basically that episode if it's moral wasn't one that was extremely questionable.

There's also apparently two more episodes set for the 27th and 28th respectively: What Wood Lincoln Do? and Ruthless People.

I saw that the show has won an award:

https://twitter.com/JamFilledStudio/...48990220218368

(By the way, a little thought I got the other day: is it possible that Rita's name is an at least partial reference to the Beatles song 'Lovely Rita'? Lynn Sr. is a big anglophile and The Beatles is one of the most well known and beloved aspects of Great Britain so his wife having such a name could make sense. It's a bit of a long shot but as said just a thought).

Congradulations to The Loud House. It rocks!

So no new episodes this week either, huh? Seems like they'll air all of four next week.

Just got finished watching all the new episodes, and honestly I thought this was a disappointing batch.

Tripped! was the only one I actually liked. Shop Girl was OK, but I just simply wasn't feeling it for the other three (especially What Would Lincoln Do?).

@John95, I think the latest batch of episodes was overall pretty decent. Here's my thoughts (including Tripped! which I decide to included here instead of in a separate post.)

Tripped - Very good episode. One of my favorite parts of the series is when the story is about the whole family and this was no exception. This episode had an enjoyable road trip vacation story, some nice gags & a fine song as well to spice it up; the solution at the end was a little too neatly convenient but other than that it was a good adventure (I think that this could have been a good plot for a TLH movie).

Pasture Bedtime - This was pretty decent. Having more of Lincolns other friends was nice but the story was basic and a little meh at times to be honest; Liam and the scenes at his farm was the highlight. I do think they should do plotlines with the three and the Loud sisters though since the Linc & friends stories can come off as pretty dry.

Shop Girl - Best of these if it wasn't for tripped. Good take on the "making a nice and kind character more assertive and aggressive" plotline (thankful for averting the usual cliché of them realizing they've created a monster) and Leni is always amusing and likeable, but I have to say that ending with Lola pretty much made the episode for me; one of the funniest endings so far.

Ruthless People - Just a regular good episode. The story of the termite infestation and splitting the family into two groups to stay in two different places while the issue is taken care of was enjoyable and there were some nice gags and one half of the family getting shafted as they try to manipulate their way to stay at the better place was amusing, but nothing stood out as excellent.

What Would Lincoln Do - Average episode. I did like the plot with Lincolns school woodwork assignment, Rita helping her son with the first project & how he tried to wing it with the other woodwork tasks and lazily cheats since he doesn't think he's very good at it which gets him into a bigger mess. There was some nice humor but the episode felt lacking; definitely needed a sister (maybe Lana) in a role to spice it up.

While none of these were bad I do have to agree that this was one of the weaker episode bombs with most of the episodes having that middling grade feel (I have seen on other forums that most of these have gotten a mostly lukewarm response) so I hope the next one is better (although now there's that one month hiatus again; the episode bomb format definitely need to go).

Speaking of negative responses, I have noticed is that when none of the sisters are involved in an episode it's usually deemed a weaker and more forgettable one by the fanbase, especially the episodes about Lincoln & friends. Maybe the writers should try to include at least one of them in all episodes if possible, maybe? They are pretty much what makes people want to watch and leaving them out takes away from the main premise of the show. Having Lynn Sr. and/or Rita in the episodes instead could also work well as they also seem to be well liked, something that Clyde is not (I must admit that it can feel a little odd watching episodes with no Louds aside from Lincoln in them).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-02-2018 at 02:31 AM.

@CousinMerl, I dunno if I've mentioned it here already but the show tends to do better whenever they do the bomb format than they did during the Friday night premieres.

Pasture Bedtime - I'll admit that this was actually one of the better Lincoln & Clyde/their friends episodes for the most part with a few decent gags (like Zach dying his hair to look like Daft Punk which is what he was referencing when he said "Sci-fi DJ"), but it fell apart for me once everyone minus Liam got humiliated at the party and even worse when they pulled the "Could've Avoided This" Plot ending due to poor communication skills among all of them.

Ruthless People - Honestly, for whatever reason the whole Shaggy Dog Story with everyone involved in the manipulation ultimately just didn't work for me in how none of them got anything out of it (even if that was supposed to be the point).

What Would Lincoln Do - OK, I'll admit that I'd actually gotten into an argument with my mother right before I watched this episode so I don't think my mind was in the right place. But even then, I don't think I'll give this episode another shot because it felt super long and boring and would be my least favorite of the season so far if not for Fool Me Twice.

I've mentioned before that a lot of people don't like Clyde (as evidenced by a post in the FB group that I'm a part of asking who'd fans get rid of if they could remove one character from the series) which mostly boils down to the fact that he's pretty one-note and limited (like his Lori crush being acknowledged even in episodes where she's not even in them making them feel forced) and hasn't really gone through any significant lasting development (looking at you Change of Heart).

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: fas1997

Thread Information