Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

@CousinMerl, Yeah, I'll admit that I too had the feeling that it was inevitable and bound to happen eventually.

Off the top of my head, the only other thing I knew him from was from WALL-E as the CEO of Buy-n-Large. But after one look at his Wikipedia page and I went "Damn!" as he's been in quite a few things I've seen him in without realizing, one of which being Sunday Cruddy Sunday!

I could possibly see them pulling a Character Died with the Actor with him as that's usually been the case with other examples I've seen over the last couple of years.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: 2/5 Connie's Celica: 0/5 Short Cuts: 2/5 Undergrounded: 1.5/5 Rich Old Stewie: 3.5/5 The Movement: .5/5 Baby Stewie: 0/5 Start Me Up: 1/5 Coma Guy: 1/5 Better Off Meg: .5/5 Holy Bibble: 0/5 Movin' In (Principal Shepherd's Song): 0/5
    American Dad! Season 16 Ratings - 100 Years a Solid Fool: 0/5 A Starboy is Born: 1/5 Tapped Out: 0/5 Brave N00b World: 0/5 Into the Woods: 0/5 One Fish, Two Fish: 1/5 Exquisite Corpses: 2/5 Trophy Wife, Trophy Life: 1.5/5 Game Night: 2/5 American Data?: 0/5 Salute Your Sllort: 0/5 Ghost Dad: .5/5 Men II Boyz: 0/5 First, Do No Farm: 1.5/5 Roger Needs Dick: 0/5 The Old Country: 0/5 Businessly Brunette: .5/5 The Chilly Thrillies: 1/5 Dammmm, Stan: 1.5/5 The Last Ride of the Dodge City Rambler: 0/5 300: 0/5

Oh yes, now I remember he was the Buy 'N' Large guy in the live-action segments (kind of odd they chose to not make these bits animated like the rest of the film, but they for sure worked just fine in live-action). It's probably the one other role I remember him from, though I've probably seen him in smaller roles in other movies as well.

It will nevertheless be interesting to see what will happen to Pop-Pop in the show due to his passing.

I've watched the majority of the recent six episodes so I'll go through them with some thoughts. Spoilers as per usual.

'Sister Act' was a solid episode focusing on the rwins The plot was simplebut fun one (Lana and Lola starting to switch places in secret to get out of doing certain things in their daily lives) and it worked out pretty excellently. Lots of good scenarios with them dressing up as the other and pretending to be the other one, both at school and at home. I liked how the charade went too far with Lana posing as Lola to get out of a cavity check out & Lola posing as Lana to get out a health checkup, which causes big problems with an infected tooth keeping Lana from eating the ice cream she won at the ice cream parlor & Lola having a bad cold with a runny nose during her ribbon dance (both cartoonish); It had some good jokes throughout & the duo admitting their trickery to Lynn Sr. and Rita, being scolded and told that part of growing up is facing things they don't like was a great one (surprised they didn't get a punishment). So they get new appointments, have their troubles fixed and quickly comes to enjoy things they previously didn't. Very enjoyable. One of the season's best, maybe? Anyhow, a great piece for Grey Griffin, pulling off quadruple duty with not only voicing Lana & Lola but Lana doing Lola & Lola doing Lana, which has some obvious vocal variations that were fun to watch and hear; great stuff. This whole episodes sort of felt like a big showcase for the talent of Grey).

'House Flip' was average. Okay plot with the siblings' messiness in Vanzilla causing Lori to accidentally injure Flip, prompting them to take care of him in secret by hiding him in the attic to keep their parents from finding out they caused another incident or Lori's driving privileges get suspended. It had an okay start and it progressed fairly decently, but with a bit too much exaggeration and silliness & some questionable characterizations, the siblings taking care of Flip and him taking advantage of the situation was not as funny as I had expected, but it had some nice jokes and moments; my favorite bit (of the episode) was making them perform his script ('The Loud House' by Flip, a nice meta joke). I liked the gag where he hogged the bathroom and siblings kept explaining the other is using it to Lynn Sr. but then said sibling appear. So the truth gets out, Lynn Sr. and Rita suspends Lori's driving indefinitely but Flip vetoes for the kids since they took care of him so they only make it a month, Flip promises the kids will get free Flippee & the end gag with the parents injuring Flip the same way and having to take care of him & do the play was a decent end. Okay episode, but not that good and I prefer Flip as a minor character (and him being such a jerk and then having a complete turnaround didn't quite work). Didn't really feel for this one.

'Don't You Fore-Get About Me' I quite liked. Leni episodes are usually quite good and this one tied into the upcoming event of Lori moving out of the house to go the golf college. Leni being fearful for when her older sister and best friend leave home and tries to sabotage her college plans on an campus tour was a good one; I enjoyed her attempts at being a bad girl while posing as Lori but failing as she is so lucky and does bad so badly (some might find this less pure and kind portrayal of Leni offputting but I think it was pulled off well without sacrificing her likeability or charm; her acting like this out of fearful desperation was understandable. It also gave some pretty funny moments). She manages to get Lori dropped from the scholarship list but regrets her action, tells Lori and they go stopping the coach from cancelling the scholarship & lets him know what was really going on in an fairly nice scene (with some mutual understanding); I also liked how Leni "hung up" the phone. There was also a pointless but cute subplot about Ronnie Anne (whose uncle Carlos is guest lecturing) & Lincoln meeting at the campus and they go film skate videos & an okay recurring gag about Sergio (the parrot) and his bird crew (though the exaggeration of these jokes almost cross a line for me). Good episode and fairly poignant.

'Tough Cookies' was the expected Lincoln & Clyde episode and it was all right with some fun bits throughout. Plot about tem starting a cookie-making business after providing Principal Huggins and Superintendent with the excellent cookies of Clyde's nice story, even though there have been other plots about baking and selling homemade cookiees before. Some enjoyable stuff here, with the two taking orders from around town (such as from Lynn & Lynn Sr. at the restaurant) and running into trouble when finding out it will take them a whole lot of time to make enough cookies (plus they their history project to worry about). Basic stuff but fairly enjoyable. I liked how Lisa called to give the statistics gave advice (by eavesdropping on the walkie-talkie which Lincoln had his foot on, not over a tracking devicle) and the reveal of her having bugged Clyde's house was funny. So they relocate and hire their friends to help but it ends in disaster & they have to rough it on their own (also, the sisters declining to help was disappointing). I was sort of dreading an downer ending that was unfair to them, with the cookies looking bad & their history project not being done, but it all sort of worked out in the end (even though their business failed) and it ended with a laugh, though them apologizing felt unnecessary. Not a great episode but likeable and with a good positive end.

Will watch and leave thoughts about the last two ('Feast Or Family' and 'A Dark And Story Night') and also rank the six of them soon.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-22-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Good write up on these episodes @CousinMerl.

You said the most important about Sister Act I think, I really liked it as well. I'm a sucker for episodes with the twins since I do believe they're at their best when they're together. This one is almost as great as Patching Things Up. I loved the idea of this twin switch which is simple yet great and feels well overdue. They manage to make the most out of this simple idea and it's very enjoyable all throughout. I really like the dynamic between the twins, it's very funny to see each of them trying to impersonate the other one, showing how they know each other well yet still having some difficulties to put their own character aside while impersonating the other. Just the idea of seeing things like Lana trying to eat politely and Lola arguing about taking a bath is very funny to me. And like you said, great job from Grey Griffin to manage to not just do her Lana voice when Lola impersonates her and vice-versa but to do some variations to still make 'em distinguishable ; in fact, it's really ingenious to make them distinguishable for the audience by the voices and the way they're dressed but not to the other characters in universe.

So it's really nice to see them acting like kids who still would do anything to avoid the things they don't like to do, but the moral is really wise and well handled : the twins got what they deserved without feeling too much mean spirited, and I appreciate that, the fact that they got a little punished for what they did so it's not too much "all's well that ends well". It's also nice to see the episode taking its time with the ending, which also contributes to the strongness of the moral in my opinion. And lastly, the episode as a good use of gross out humour, I'm glad they didn't go overboard with that. Excellent episode.

House Flip was... hum... something else. You know, when I talked about the feeling season 4 is sometimes trying to make new things with the humour, I kinda thinked about this episode with clearly was the wackiest I've seen in this show since a while. And while I do enjoy when the show is trying to be more silly from time to time, I didn't think this one worked so well. I personally thinked everyone acted kinda stupid in this episode, and while Flip can add good humour as a tertiary character, I didn't find him that funny here, as well as I didn't find the idea of making him one of the main characters for an episode especially interesting. I think some people can find this episode humourous in its "so ridiculous it's funny" kind of way but I personally didn't for the most part, save for some really funny moments like the meta joke you talked about. Also, I didn't like how this episode tried to make Flip the good guy at the end by saying that the parents shouldn't punish the kids that much because they took care of him while he wasn't ashamed to exploit them and threaten to make the parents aware of his presence in the house (by watching TV late at night for example). So yeah, I think it was one of the weakest of the season, though not unwatchable either.

Don't You Fore-get About Me was a big expectation of mine and it was a very good episode though I think it could've been a bit better. But I think it worked pretty well, though I can see people disliking it because it's about Leni trying to stop Lori from getting into college because she wouldn't be with her anymore. But personally I didn't have a problem with the way it was handled for a number of reasons. First off, I think this episode was kind of a reversed version of Driving Miss Hazy, which I actually prefer but it worked with the same tactics for the most part so I think it still worked, because it clearly insists on the insecurities of each sister that push them to do what they did. Though you can argue it's more logic to see Lori doing such a thing than the sweet Leni, especially when she showed quite a few times that she's not afraid of putting the needs of her entourage before hers (Everybody Loves Leni, Leader of the Rack), but it's actually nice to remind that she's not perfect just like everyone else and can have her moments. Also, the episode shows that she mostly does that because she doesn't know any better (and also because she took advice from Lily ; so, Lily doesn't want Lori to go to college either ? ^^), and it's fairly understandable to see her acting like that out of desperation to be separated from the sister she's the closest to. And it also worked for me because her attempts to thwart Lori's plans are so lame that it's never infuriating to watch, it just works in a cartoonish way because the other characters are just unable to see that it's not Lori they have in front of them, and because Leni does things as lame as "stealing" muffins and acting completely dumb on purpose (gotta admit that I laughed really hard when she tried to chew the golf ball). So it's more amusing than anything to me.

But I still think this episode could've been a bit better, I wished it focused more around intimism between the sisters. I wished Leni confessed it to some members of her family or things like that, it could've been really interesting. I think Leni was a bit easily forgiven but I let it slide, but again I think they could have taken more time around the confession. It doesn't help that this episode has a sort of subplot with Lincoln and Ronnie Anne making skate videos. Actually, I liked seeing the other characters doing their business in this college while Lori tours it (like Lynn Sr. being at the gift shop), that's the kind of thing that makes this universe feeling so full of life, but I didn't think they needed to include Ronnie Anne, Carlos and Sergio in it. Though it's nice to see Lincoln and RA doing things together, I guess the fans of this couple were pretty excited by looking at these two here. Anyway, it's very good, but I still think it could've gone further with the emotional side (though it's still kinda poignant of course).

And Tough Cookies is a fine episode. But again I think this one didn't reach its full potential. However, on the other hand, that could've ended up a little worse. It was a pretty straightforward plot about Lincoln and Clyde making very delicious cookies (I like that all the people who taste these cookies have the same very funny reaction) and wanting to have their own business. The ideas showed in this episode did go hand in hand, you can buy that these two boys want to start their own business because of the fame they can have with, thinking like young kids, and I appreciated that it didn't turn out into a Lincoln and Clyde torture episode. It's just coherent to see them having troubles to handle a business of their own so soon, as well as having a team to help them (though it's kind of a bummer to imply once again that none of the sisters would be willing to help Lincoln with his situation). But like I said, it goes in a coherent way, and I really appreciate that the ending didn't try to make them even more miserable, just like you I was expecting things like the cookies being distateful and the two of them having nothing to show for their history project, glad that didn't end on a note too much sour for its own good. However, I find pretty weird that Lincoln and Clyde apology to the rest of the gang while they didn't treat them horribly or forced them to be a part of their business or anything. But hey, still a decent episode though kinda half-baked.

And since you haven't watch the two other episodes yet, I'll talk about them later. But I think you won't be disappointed of them.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 05-21-2020 at 03:03 PM.
    It ate EVERYBODY, stupid !

The Winter of Our Monetized Content - 2/5 / Go Big or Go Homer - 2/5 / The Fat Blue Line - 3.5/5 / Treehouse of Horror XXX - 2.5/5 / Gorillas on the Mast - 3.5/5 / Marge the Lumberjill - 2/5 / Livin' la Pura Vida - 4/5 / Thanksgiving of Horror - 4/5 / Todd, Todd, Why Hast Thou Forsaken Me - 2.5/5 / Bobby, it's Cold Outside - 2.5/5 / Hail to the Teeth - 1.5/5 / The Miseducation of Lisa Simpson - 3.5/5 / Frinkcoin - 2/5 / Bart the Bad Guy - 4/5 / Screenless - 3.5/5 / Better Off Ned - 1.5/5 / Highway to Well - 3/5 / The Incredible Lightness of Being a Baby - 2/5 / Warrin' Priests: Part One - 3/5 / Warrin' Priests: Part Two - 2.5/5 / The Hateful Eight-Year-Olds - 3.5/5 / Way of the Dog - TBA

@Wile E. the Brain, I had expected to watch those last two today but it didn't happen so it'll be tomorrow (and expect my thoughts on them then too). I can already imagine they will be solid ones.

Seems like we overall agree about these episodes. 'Sister Act' was solid and fun (also, I do agree about them not going too far with the grossout gags and kept them simple and cartoonish; I'm grateful the show doesn't do those semi-realistic gross closeups), 'House Flip' was pretty weak and ridiculous with some dumb characterizations but still OK (I think lesser of it now than right after I watched it, though; they should just keep Flip as a recurring minor character. Also, you first describing it as "something else" made me think you hated it), 'Don't You Fore-Get About Me' should have been much better but still ended up nicely (I also wished they focused on the emotion and Leni's conflict & the Ronnie, Carlos & Sergio stuff was kinda pointless but I still found it an OK subplot. Lily not wanting Lori to go either was odd, but I found that kinda amusing) & 'Tough Cookies' was a decent Lincoln & Clyde outing.

I also edited my thoughts on the four episodes a little to better suit my thoughts on them.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 05-21-2020 at 02:23 PM.

I finally saw the last two of the newest batch today so here we go with my thoughts on them.

'Feast Or Family' I must say was really good. I like me a good parent-child bonding episode with a lot of heart and humor and this was what i got with this one. The show has established that there is a strong connection with Luan and her old man Lynn Sr. (not just due to their love for cheesy puns and whatnot) and to make this one about them bonding over cooking (due to Luan having had to take 'Intro to Cooking' as an high school selective due to her two top picks having been taken) and Lynn showing her how fun cooking can be was a very good story idea pulled off well. Tem cooking together and her coming to enjoy it had some sweet & amusing moments (I liked them serving the family the clam linguini & the "volcano cake").

There was also some good moments with Lynn wanting have her eventually take over his restaurant & getting too eager and pushing her towards being his successor by increasingly pushing her into being as great a cook as him. Mr. Coconuts going missing was an interesting part & the reveal that it was Lynn who put the dummy away since Luan has to put comedy away before inheriting the restaurant & Luan losing it and refusing to play along was a good moment of drama. The end with Lynn admitting her went over the deep end with his insistence and saying it was just because he was so happy someone in the family shared his interest & Luan saying that while he took the fun out of cooking she still like to do it when it still fun was a nice emotional end (plus Mr. Coconuts comes back. What a relief!). Really liked this one.

'A Dark And Story Night' was a lot of fun. Maybe not one of the best episodes of the show but just very much fun as well as quite creative. It had a simple idea for a plot (the power going out in the house during winter and while Lynn Sr. & Rita goes to check the neighborhood the Loud siblings starts to tell a story where each one takes turn telling it by continuing where the previous teller left off) and they made the most of it with each one putting their own unique spin on the science-fiction & fantasy-combo story. This was such a good idea for a plot (not having been done before on this show, and if I'm correct not in a lot of other shows either) and even though they could have taken things further (maybe give each storyteller their parts sort of an art-shift or something like that) I really liked how it turned out.

Lincoln starts the tale of his space cowboy crashing on a planet and it just got more enjoyable from there, with most of the sisters self-inserting in the story (even making things up on the spot) as several colorful and enjoyable characters (like Lana's anthropomorphic frog, Lisa's robot, Luna's rock god & Lynn's basketball-playing alien a la 'Space Jam' & my favorite, Lucy's spirit of Dominic Dunkster the basketball player (which reminded me of Lucy being sent to play basket in 'Future Tense'). The story was simple with the quest to find the power crystal pieces, but that is as intended, it didn't need to be more than that & it still lent itself to a lot of creativity with the improvisation & I enjoyed how it came together in the end, with the parents getting home, the power coming back but the kids deciding to tell another story. Solid stuff

So there we go; two good ones to cap off this batch of six episodes. My tenative rankings of all six would be as follows for now:

A Dark And Story Night > Feast Or Family > Sister Act > Don't You Fore-Get About Me > Tough Cookies > House Flip
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-01-2020 at 12:56 AM.

What are your thoughts on the latter episodes ('Feast or Family' and 'A Dark And Story Night'), @Wile E. the Brain? And your opinion on all six of them, @John95 (as I don't think you voiced your thoughts on them)?

Also, I'm reading there was an special episode that aired a little while ago called the 'Hangin' At Home' special which seem to have worked as a clip show. I have not seen it thus far but I'm wondering if either of you did?

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Also, I'm reading there was an special episode that aired a little while ago called the 'Hangin' At Home' special which seem to have worked as a clip show. I have not seen it thus far but I'm wondering if either of you did?
    Nope, I didn't. In fact, I don't believe it's something that was meant to be available in any form after its airing on Nickelodeon. But yeah like you said it's apparently just a clip show with some bits like these Ronnie-Anne/Lincoln vlogs to tie them.

Anyway, about the last two episodes :

Feast or Family was a lot pleasant. The concept itself is really nice, with Lynn Sr. and Luan bonding over cooking since the latter had to take a cooking class at high school. There's just so much charm to see them cooking together, in the way it's portrayed, with Lynn Sr. showing to her daughter how fun cooking can be. A great idea to see them together over something else than just puns, to show how close they are. I appreciate how this episode takes its time while still being versatile enough. The chemistry works so well and the conflict is believable and well handled, from both sides, with Lynn Sr. getting carried away because he finally was able to share his passion to one of his kids, which is understandable, and learning that he shouldn't take away her own passion from Luan. I did like the part with Mr. Coconuts missing which was the last straw for Luan, it adds something nice to the drama and the point of this episode (since Mr. Coconuts is basically the incarnation of her passion, so taking it away from her is one of the biggest ways to take away a big part of her passion from her). Overall, it's a really charming episode with sweet vibes all around. I always like this kind of parent-child bonding episode (like Can't Hardly Wait some months ago), and this one is no exception.

And A Dark and Story Night, well, I absolutely loved this episode. It's funny you said "Maybe not one of the best episodes of the show", because I actually think it is one of my favorite of the show (maybe top 20 material), I wanted to rewatch it immediately after I watched it the first time. From this simple idea of the kids taking turns telling parts of a story, they delivered a very creative episode which feels very unique among all the other episodes with the formula this show is currently well-known for. It's also the kind of episode I would've loved to see as a 22 minutes long one, but they still did the most they could do with an 11 minutes long one and it worked very well in my opinion. I appreciate the art direction a lot in this episode, the colors are great, the environment is creative enough, and I loved how each sibling tried to keep up the story while adding his own part, it feels pretty genuine with some clumsy stuff and shortcuts (like the gang being suddenly teleported on a basketball court in space for whatever reason) while still being kinda coherent all around. I loved the designs as well. Luna as a rock god, Lynn as an alien basket player (just like you I wonder if this is an intentional nod to Space Jam), Lisa as a robot, Lori as a mermaid (which is probably the character from this episode I've seen the most in fanarts recently), all of this is great stuff, and feels in character. And I gotta say, I'm amazed that Leni, of all siblings, came up with a solution to the mermaid's situation involving power from a water wheel (but it's in character for her to not want this story to be sad). Also, Bobby as a literal boo-boo-bear, simple yet very funny. All in all, I just loved this episode. A great breath of fresh air which works so well with me.

@Wile E. the Brain, to be fair about 'A Dark and Story Night', shortly after I watched and reviewed (the same week actually), I did rewatch it and it worked even better to me then. The unashamed creativity and the wackiness of it was pretty perfect (I enjoyed how intentionally contrived some of the stuff was, such as building a water wheel with a machine to run it, USB slot included, out of only wood plus the basketball scene being so out of place), plus the humor was pretty solid (the Spirit of Dominic Dunkster has already become one of my favorite jokes of the show). It's one that got better on the second viewing for sure.

It would have certainly been better as a double-feature at 22 minutes, but they did do it really well in only 11 minutes. It is maybe in my Top 20 or 30 of the show so don't think I've counted it out. Also, I changed my rankings of the episodes a little, putting this one first for now.

I see there's several episodes coming up next week and after that as well.

On Thin Ice (6/8)
    Lynn’s extreme sports superstitions cause chaos at a professional hockey match.
    Room and Hoard (6/9)
    The kids try to convince Mom and Dad that they still play with their childhood toys.
    A Star is Scorned (6/10)
    When Lola realizes that double the cuteness could help her break into show business, she teams up with Lily.
    Senior Moment (6/11)
    Lori regrets everything she hasn't done in high school, and vows to make up for lost time.
    Sand Hassles (6/15)
    Lucy and the Morticians' club try to thwart plans for a school field trip to the beach.
    Wheel and Deal (6/16)
    Lana wants to win a race car ride-along with her hero, so she and Lincoln enter to compete in a soap box derby.
    Friends in Dry Places (TBA)
    While on a field trip, Lincoln worries that his friend group is splintering.
    Coupe Dreams (TBA)
    In order to buy her dream car, Lori becomes a local rideshare driver.
    Kinda feels like they are in a rush to finish up season 4 after all the hiatuses, etc.

It would have certainly been better as a double-feature at 22 minutes, but they did do it really well in only 11 minutes. It is maybe in my Top 20 or 30 of the show so don't think I've counted it out. Also, I changed my rankings of the episodes a little, putting this one first for now.
    Oh, well it's nice to see this one turned out better than the first time for you and that now you're considering it the best one of this recent batch. I do agree that this is an episode that can get better after several viewings, to get how subtle and clever it is with its details and creativity. I definitely love this episode, I think it's up there with Leader of the Rack as my favorite of season 4.

The next batch looks pretty promising as well. I'm looking forward the most for Senior Moment and Friends in Dry Place. Also, I believe this season has more Lana episodes than any other, doesn't it ?

@Wile E. the Brain. It is true there's been a lot of Lana this season (but I'm not complaining since she's a great character who has been a little overlooked in the previous seasons). Her episode here about the soapbox derby sounds all right.

Of the next batch, there's several episodes that sound promising and I look forward to (such as 'Room And Hoard', 'A Star Is Scorned', 'Wheel And Deal', Senior Moment' & 'Coupe Dreams'). Also, something that does feel a little odd is how in 'Sand Hassles' Lucy is someone who doesn't want to go to the beach, while she was all for it in the episode 'In Tents Debate', being part of the pro-beach vacation team with Lori, Leni, Lola & Lily (and the stated reason being "shark attacks"). Just me?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 06-07-2020 at 12:08 AM.

Also, something that does feel a little odd is how in 'Sand Hassles' Lucy is someone who doesn't want to go to the beach, while she was all for it in the episode 'In Tents Debate', being part of the pro-beach vacation team with Lori, Leni, Lola & Lily (and the stated reason being "shark attacks"). Just me?
    Aha, no I remember seeing comments about that, you're not the only one according to that. I guess continuity is a tricky thing to discuss when it comes to details like this (or maybe it's because it's an episode from Savino's era and they're taking distance from it, aha). Though, to be fair, I'd understand if they forgot an episode like this one, aha.

I'm not complaining either about the number of Lana episodes we've got this season. Especially since it brought up the one that I consider the best of the show so far (Game Off).

There's also a lot of Lori episodes since quite some time. If I didn't know any better, I'd say it's a way from the writers to allow us to see her as much as we still can before she goes to college. I wonder if Coupe Dreams will make some kind of transition by the way, since it's apparently the last of this season by production order.

@Wile E. the Brain, it is true that there's been a lot of Lori episodes, several of them touching on her future at the golf college, so I'd say that is definitely them trying to get the most out of the character as they seem to intend to have her move out by season 5. Also interesting how 'Coupe Dreams' is the last produced of the season so maybe it'll tie into the next season with its time skip.

I also see there are at least a couple unnamed episodes without a plot (well, I see an unconfirmed title named 'Freedom Fighter') so I assume they will be announced soon to complete the set.

The show celebrates its 100th episode (!) today with the release of 'A Star Is Scorned'.

A few articles (with interviews) covering this:

https://www.awn.com/animationworld/e...-100th-episode
    http://www.animationscoop.com/interv...he-loud-house/
    https://www.animationmagazine.net/tv...100th-episode/

Congrats to having made it this far, The Loud House with crew.

I won't talk about the recent batch right now (I haven't seen Sand Hassles and Wheel and Deal yet) but we now have the titles and plots for the remaining two episodes of season 4, without an airdate however :

How Double Dare You!
    The siblings ask Lisa to help them get on Double Dare.
    Snoop's On
    Leni and Lincoln secretly read Luna's diary.
    Well I guess How Double Dare You! is kinda like the Legends of season 4 (which I wasn't a fan of despite the father and son relationship aspect). I don't know anything about Double Dare, it's a game show I know just by its title but I don't know what it is like. There's always a risk by making this kind of crossover episode, considering the fandom of an animated show that's not always entirely american. From my perspective, this episode sounds like Lisa teaching to the siblings trivia questions and them failing miserably during the training but going to the game show anyway. We'll see how it will be as far as entertainment goes.

Snoop's On... Well, I don't know. The plot right now scares me a little. I never was a fan of this kind of episode involving someone reading the diary of someone else to begin with. And in this case, even though I always say it's normal to see the characters doing bad things because they're kids, they're human and they aren't perfect (even Leni), I can't see Lincoln and Leni doing such a thing without a really solid excuse (and I won't take "Leni is not bright" as an excuse at all, she should know better than that). It's probably something Lola would do (remember that joke in No Laughing Matter ?) but these two...

Well, I know these plots can be a little too straightforward and so a bit misleading and I always say we shouldn't judge an episode immediatly because of that (not in all cases though, a bad plot is a bad plot), but... I don't know, I definitely hope they know what they're doing. Positives things that can be made from this plot though : learning a little more about Luna (maybe involving her feelings regarding the current situations like Lori moving to college) and involving a long overdue bonding between Leni and Luna which can be a lot interesting. So, fingers crossed for this one which just by its plot reminded me I shouldn't look at the wiki comments for new episodes ever again (it was just a real pain in the butt through this whole season, between "the writers hate Lincoln" and "Luna is bad, imma skip this episode with Sam because anything involving these two will be well received because they're in it").

I've only seen two of last week's batch but will do the remaining two today ('Sand Hassles' and 'Wheel And Deal' I have yet to see as well). Will get back with my reviews of those soon enough.

'How Double Dare You!' does sound like 'Legends' (which I didn't like) but it is an interesting premise, even with the crossover of an US-only Nickelodeon game show I hadn't known beforehand (its an calculated risk with these crossovers, just like you say @Wile E. the Brain). I wonder why they would need Lisa's help & when they say "the siblings" do they mean all of them (as I doubt all of them would care about being on an game show). Still intriguing though.

'Snoop's On' does sound kinda sketchy plot with the secret reading of a sibling's diary & could make Lincoln & Leni a little unlikeable for doing something like that (there is no excuse for violating that kind of privacy of a family member), but it could turn out well and be a good character development vehicle for Luna and maybe relate some to Lori moving out (just like you say, Wile E.). It does sound like the lesser of the two but could surprise if written well.

Do you think so?

I finished the releases of last week and the week before that so I'm ready to post my thoughts (I wanted to wait until the latter two had aired and was a little late to watch them still). Overall, this was a pretty good batch overall with a number of good episodes.

I finished the releases of last week and the week before that so I'm ready to post my thoughts (I wanted to wait until the latter two had aired and was a little late to watch them still). Overall, this was a pretty good batch overall with a number of good episodes.

'On Thin Ice' I found pretty weak and unremarkable. It being a story about Lynn and her sports superstitions & her dragging some in the family with her to a hockey game to help her give good luck by participating in her traditions gave me flashbacks to the infamous 'No Such Luck' but I think the story was much better handled with some nice humor and moments of character interactions. I liked how Lynn Sr. just grabbed Lincoln & Luan to come with him and Lynn as they stood the closest (and thankfully no mention of the family believing Lincoln is bad luck; the more they retcon NSL the better) and Lynn's conflict with the security guard was a little amusing, I liked Lynn's interaction with Mr. Grouse (nice they followed up on 'Good Sports' with their friendship) and Flip & there were some nice sports jokes in there (and a nice ending with her getting credit from her hockey idol for dodging the guards on the ice). It didn't really develop Lynn in any interesting way and was pretty uninteresting, but not terrible or anything.

'Room And Hoard' was a very nice one, feeling like an early season episode. The plot, about the Loud parents finding all the kids' old toys clogging up the attic and wanting to get rid of them but the siblings desperately doing their best to convince their parents they are still playing with their old toys, was simple and straightforward and resulted in many amusing sequences. It was a nicely down to earth tale that I am sure many can recognize themselves in from own experiences & the siblings using their old toys were amusing ones. I liked the build-up to the end with them getting new stuff but hiding it (as they had been told to not be allowed to get new things unless they give away the old ones), which naturally results in the big reveal of all the new things popping up and them having to explain. Them all giving away their old stuff in an free yard giveaway to keep the new was a sweet and fun little scene (Lynn Sr. getting his old VHS tape was nice and the end gag with Flip). A pretty good one, all in all.

'A Star Is Scorned' was a very good episode. Lola & Lily together (in a plot about Lily ending up overshadowing Lola and stealing her spotlight with her own cuteness & Lola intending to ruin her baby sister's advert gig), was a nice story with some nice gags and scenes. It being tale of jelaousy and the aggressor having a change of heart is nothing new but it was pulled off nicely, due to Lola herself (Grey again making the role) and Lily getting more to do. Their sceness were entertaining, Lola being involved with modeling and acting for local magazines and TV ads was neat, nice running gag with Lori being Lola's "assistant" & the ending was sweet with Lily swaying Lola with her drawing (after Lola had given Carmichael a thumb drive with incriminating videos of Lily acting out at home so that the baby wouldn't win the cute kid contest). Funniest bit was Lola assaulting Carmichael to get the drive back (which resulted in Lola's disqualification, Lily winning and Lola being hired for the local karate dojo's ad). Nice, cute episode.

'Senior Moment' was a solid one about Lori (who has gotten a lot of great episodes recently), with a good plot about her and her friends Carol & Roger seeing a movie at the theater about high school seniors and getting the idea to quickly make the most of their remaining time as seniors by emulating the hijinx as shown in the movie & a lot of nice and entertaining sequences, good humor and some quite relatable moments. Lori was great here with her obsessive, forceful behavior and dragging her friends with her; I liked her various schemes, like spray painting the school's acorn statue, the pig prank (which was actually really clever) & the house party stuff (especially the chili-eating scene with their drowzy reaction, which felt like it was intended to be the reference to drug use, maybe?). The penultimate scene by the lake with her friends saying they haven't enjoyed the night and leaving was a nice one, especially with Lori having a talk with Rita (who cheers her up) & Lori going to see her friends and apologize. Likeable stuff.

'Sand Hassles' was a nice episode. The Mortician's Club are enjoyable characters and this plot of the class going to the lake beach and the gang trying to change the trip, stop it and refusing to participate was a solid one with a lot of good moments. Their tries to convince and then trick Principal Huggins & Cheryl to change the field trip to a spooky place instead, faking bad weather & releasing bats on the bus were all good ones. Lucy was great here with her having to retrieve her pet bat Fangs who sneaks out of their tent twice, ending up playing volleyball and helping build a large sandcastle for a classmate respectively, before letting Fangs out a third time so she could go surfing (wearing a swimsuit lent by Cheryl, in which she looks adorable). Good end with her explaining that she didn't want to admit she came to like the beach trip and that she is the same as before and not a "normie" (I love how the gang throws that term around) and they should give it a try too (and they do, ending up having fun). Enjoyable one overall.

(Additionally, I liked that we kinda got an explanation of why Lucy took issue with the beach trip here when being all for one in 'In-Tents Debate', citing "shark attacks" being the main draw there: this time they were going to the beach of a lake, not the beach at sea like I assume in 'In-Tents' and there's no sharks in the lake, obviously).

'Wheel And Deal' was pretty good. Good story with Lana enlisting Lincoln to help her with her go-kart racer for the local go-kart derby (where the prize is a ride-along with racecar driver Bobbie Fletcher, Lana's hero). I liked the montage of them building it and the side story with Lincoln and Clyde checking out the other go-karts (including Chandler's) and only seeing spiffy-store bought cars was decent (it was unfair that pre-made cars were allowed, leaving those who cannot afford ones in the dust, but it made Lana's conviction to build and use her own the stronger). Nice stuff with Lincoln & friends helping an unknowing Lana cheat. Lana realizing and stopping, refusing to cheat and decides to go back and restart properly, Lincoln apologizing and complimenting her choice and being forgiven was a strong climax (with Lana keeping to her morals and principles & realizing Lincoln wasn't malicious). They take the race again and doesn't finish until nightfall and theres a sweet end bit with Bobbie having stayed behind & praises them for having the only hand-made one (which makes it even weirder the race permitted store-bought ones), helping Lana fix it when breaks. Not great but still pretty solid and with strong brother-sister bonding story.

I guess I'll also rank them tentatively for now (subject to change):

Senior Moment > A Star Is Scorned > Sand Hassles > Wheel And Deal > Room And Hoard > On Thin Ice
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-20-2020 at 12:59 AM.

@Wile E. the Brain & @John95, you guys seen all the six recent episodes yet? Your opinions?

On another note, did you know that the Listen Out Loud podcast returned? I found out a little while back and I ended up listening to the pet adoption day one with Lana (guest starring Sam) and it was really good. I haven't heard the rest of the new ones but I would recommend that one (almost wish it had been an TV episode).

Link to the collected ones (strangely enough they seem to not have made them available on the Youtube channel like the first batch):
    https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcas...e/id1283057166

I was watching "A Fridge Too Far" earlier. It killed me when Lori said that Lincoln couldn't hide any food and when Lincoln was like, "Maybe I can" with the music playing in the background. Then Lori says, "No, you can't!" That caught me completely off guard because I thought the scene was going to end with Lincoln's line. It felt like a Family Guy-style joke and I loved it.

@Wile E. the Brain & @John95, you guys seen all the six recent episodes yet? Your opinions?
    Here they are (because I love waiting the last moment to talk about the most recent episodes... no, I don't).

I personally didn't like On Thin Ice. I'm probably tired of Lynn's sport superstitions, in fact I don't like the concept to begin with, I mean when it's to the point you almost have the feeling that she only believes in luck and not in her own sport skills (or the others'), that makes her less dimensional. I thought this episode would've been the opportunity for Lynn to finally stop being like that, but nope. Even the ending where she promises she would try is completely turned into a joke. She doesn't learn anything (well the episode implies that it's okay to have some superstitions and that's fine, but as for Lynn, it's not just "some" superstitions) despite everything that happens to her because of that. So I don't get the point of the episode. If at least it was fun, but I don't think it was that much. A couple of jokes made me laugh (especially Flip in prison) and the characters have some nice interactions but I think it was more annoying than anything for the most part and that leads to nothing so it wasn't worth it. Also, I found the security guard obnoxious. Overall, this episode isn't bad with a capital B, but frankly mediocre in my opinion.

Room and Hoard was decent and fun. It's a pretty interesting plot, the siblings not wanting to get rid of their old toys because of sentimental value is understandable and relatable. Though I think it was a bit exaggerated sometimes with for example Lori and her phone toy and Lincoln and his baby stuff but I get the point, they use them because it's the only way to keep them so I understand even though that didn't work with me (and they kinda crossed the line with Lisa's fecal samples even though I didn't have a problem with that in Undie Pressure). However, there was several amusing moments (especially liked Leni's fashion-related board game and Luna and Luan's puppet stage scenes) and I also liked how the plot goes on after the parents allow the siblings to keep their old toys after all. Again, an understandable situation with the kids not wanting to give away their old stuff but still wanting new stuff until they finally have to make room, this show has a knack for depicting relatable situations. Nice episode to learn how to move on when you have to.

A Star is Scorned is very good and maybe the funniest episode of the whole bunch in my opinion, not surprising coming from a Lola episode. I like how this episode acts like a very nice blend between Lola's behavior before character development and Lola's behavior after. We still have her jealous and spoiled side while avoiding to depict her as a heartless brat, kinda like it was in episodes like Undie Pressure or Toads and Tiaras, which is very nice. Like you said, it's not that original of a plot, but it was well handled, entertaining and engaging so it doesn't bother me in the slightest (a wise man said "you can know the destination and have fun on the way to it"), and the chemistry between Lola and Lily is more than enough to overshadow the predictability. The final moments are both heartwarming and absolutely hilarious in my opinion : Lola's rampage towards Mrs. Carmichael which leads for her to be disqualified but at the same time hired to be on karate ads, it's simply flawless. On a side note, I also liked Lori and Leni's brief appearances in this episode. Solid stuff overall.

Senior Moment is a great one, another top-notch episode for Lori, the closer she is to her leaving from her house, the more endearing her episodes get. The plot struck a chord with me : Lori having the feeling she didn't make anything memorable during her high school years and wanting to move on with a bang is really relatable, I'm sure a lot of people can connect with this idea, not only for high school years, but for any moment in our lives when we feel we're about to go through important passages, and we fear we went through a life step that we won't remember as we get older (and it struck a chord with me because as someone who went through three school formations after my baccalaureate, I've had the awful feeling that I wasted some years of my life when I look back on them from time to time - even though each formation did bring me some good things). So I found Lori absolutely endearing here. I get that her scenes where she keeps repeating "best senior year ever" can be annoying for some people but I do think it's interesting, to show her keeping repeating that like out of despair, like a mantra, as if it worked while her schemes actually fail miserably. That makes her even more likeable in my opinion, and her insecurities more noticeable. It was great to see Carol in a big role as Lori's friend for the first time, I really liked the overall atmosphere, the execution is great and the last part is a lot touching, with a great life lesson coming from Rita (there's no one right way to have a good senior year experience, and that's the same for any step of our lives). Kuddos to Catherine Taber as well. I love this episode.

Sand Hassles is a decent one though it has flaws in my eyes. It has a build-up pretty similar to Room and Hoard, starting with a plot to move on to another that's related to the first one, but I think it was put together in a better way in the aforementioned episode. Here, we could've done without the part with the Mortician's Club trying to thwart the school trip to the beach. I don't think it was entertaining enough and sometimes a bit forced. Well, overall, it feels a bit contrived to me. I can't totally put a finger on what didn't work with me right now but I think it could've been better handled, even if I get it is a way to not make the second part more repetitive than it is. On the other hand, it was still an episode that I enjoyed overall, it's kinda funny and I liked Lucy's build-up from hating the beach to liking it, it's an interesting way to talk about prejudices we can have towards some things because we don't feel it goes well with our main interests. So I really liked the message about the benefits of giving a try to something when we can, and the fact that it's not because we have a particular interest that we can't end up liking a thing that looks out of our comfort zone (and Lucy, as a Princess Pony reader, should know that, no ?). The way to it is kinda contrived but it was worth it, and overall, the episode remains pleasant.

And I thought Wheel and Deal was very good. I think I'm a sucker for soap box derby episodes when they're well done, because I really liked the overall feel of this episode. And it's always nice to see an episode about the bonding between Lincoln and one of his sisters, in this case Lana; it was very well done here. I liked the plot (even though, like you said, it's a bit strange that pre-made cars are allowed, but eh, that adds something understandable to the conflict) and I didn't have a problem with the fact Lincoln cheated in the slightest (of course the wikia went mad because of that; pretty sure that if any other sibling than Lincoln did that, no one would've complained), it was perfectly understandable, pre-made cars are unfair and he wanted his sister to be happy : like Lana said, he was trying to be a good big brother (and we should keep in mind that he's still a kid, and kids can make mistakes like this). The race part is pretty entertaining despite being short and the ending is satisfying and doesn't feel forced, there's a logical reason for Bobbie Fletcher to praise Lana (I guess she has no power on the derby's rules about homemade and pre-made cars so I can understand). And like I said, the wholesome bonding between Lincoln and Lana is a big plus. Very nice all around.

As for my current ranking of this bunch, I'd say :

Senior Moment > A Star Is Scorned > Wheel And Deal > Sand Hassles > Room And Hoard > On Thin Ice

Well, we're finally on the homestretch of season 4, pretty excited to see how the final episodes are gonna turn out to be. By the way, we got a more detailed plot for Snoops On :

After secretly reading Luna's diary, Leni and Lincoln become worried about the exploits their sister writes about.
    I guess it will be a plot a la Bart of Darkness after all, which can be really fun to see. Still wonder how they will got to "Lincoln and Leni reading Luna's diary", hopefully it won't feel out of character.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 07-19-2020 at 02:53 PM.

@Wile E. the Brain, Nice to see your thoughts on these, finally. I mostly agree with you.

I dunno if you care to hear my slightly revised thoughts, but I think differently about a few of the episodes now after some time passed and I got a chance to rewatch them a while back:

I agree that 'On Thin Ice' kinda sucks (as it doesn't bring anything new or interesting to the table & it feels like they regressed Lynn here and made her a little too exaggerated; I dunno why, but I feel like she is the one Loud sister the writers are still struggling with, but maybe it's just me). 'Wheel And Deal' definitely worked a lot better for me the second time and gets bumped up on my rankings; it's a solid one. 'Sand Hassles' is indeed flawed but I still thought it was a lot of fun and worked fine for me (and Lucy is always a great character) and 'Room And Hoard' was simple fun with a good message. 'A Star Is Scorned' as well as 'Senior Moment' were the standouts by far (them being coupled together made for the best two subsequent episodes of this batch). I updated my rankings in my last post accordingly, by the way.

Looking forward to the remaining episodes of the season. 'Snoops On' does sound a lot better with the updated description (and if it's anything like 'Bart Of Darkness' it should turn out an interesting one and maybe of the best of the remaining few). Also, I saw the title card and Luan is right there with Lincoln & Leni so I suppose she'll have a major role too (strange that the description doesn't mention her).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-19-2020 at 02:56 PM.

@Wile E. the Brain, what kind of role do you think Luan will have in 'Snoops On'? I still find it odd that the description doesn't mention her but she is in the title card. I suppose that since she shares room with Luna she'll be at least tangentially involved.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-20-2020 at 08:43 AM.

@CousinMerl, I did read your revised thoughts. It's always interesting to go back to an episode some time later to see if our opinion doesn't change a bit about what we liked or disliked.

You've got a point about the writers struggling with Lynn, it kinda feels like. She flip-flops from character development to regression and it's a shame because at best she can be a lot likeable and sometimes I do feel like she can be overhated, but this kind of episodes doesn't do her justice.

I don't really know. My guess is that she will be involved after Leni and Lincoln talked to her about what her roomate might have or haven't done, or after she surprises them reading Luna's diary. But it would be nice to see some moments between her and Luna, the show definitely lacks of that and I would love to see that. By the way, I'm not surprised the description doesn't mention her, remember when the description from Deep Cuts only talked about Luna leading a protest because of the high school music club being shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Nihilistic View Post
    I was watching "A Fridge Too Far" earlier. It killed me when Lori said that Lincoln couldn't hide any food and when Lincoln was like, "Maybe I can" with the music playing in the background. Then Lori says, "No, you can't!" That caught me completely off guard because I thought the scene was going to end with Lincoln's line. It felt like a Family Guy-style joke and I loved it.
    Oh yeah, this one cracked me up, it really caught me off guard too. That was a pretty damn clever joke.

@Wile E. the Brain, good point about Luan not appearing in the 'Deep Cuts' description despite having a major role in the episode. THat doesn't make 'Snoops On' seem that weird for her inclusion in the title card but not in the description.

That joke @Dr. Nihilistic mentioned is a good one indeed (was gonna reply earlier but forgot to do so). I'd say it's one of those "reality ensues" type jokes that I find the show is so good at (and that I often find very funny).

On the topic of gags, the show does have a lot of good ones, though the memorability of them is maybe not always one of the show's strongest suits, but still not really an issue to me. Some of its best jokes does tend to be the clever ones like the abeformentioned, maybe a piece of smart dialogue that maybe has a twist or something quirky or weird (one of my favorites was in 'Missed Connection' where Lori & Bobby visited the restaurant called 'Dark Side of the Spoon' and it's just this pitch black place and they can't see a thing, while everyone else apparently have no trouble, and still manages to quickly set off the sprinkler system somehow; that one really cracked me up).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 07-20-2020 at 09:08 AM.

I watched the remaining four episodes of season 4 last weekend and with that, another season has wrapped up. On to my opinions on these four last entries (that all feel kinda poignant as the last outings for the show before it does that time skip with season 5):

'How Double Dare You!' was a mixed bag to me. I do like the premise of Lisa wanting to enter a silly game show (Double Dare, which I didn't know of before, much like 'Legends') to win an authentic space capsule & conducting a series of test to pick the right sibling to be her partner, which included some amusing tests like the dunk tank, but I found her pretty insufferable, being way too overzealous and disqualifying several of the siblings for pretty shoddy and unfair reasons, eventually giving the results that the analysing robot DareBot will be her partner as its not flawed like humans (maybe Lisa at her most unlikeable), but I liked some gags (my favorite was Lola randomly disqualifying herself as she was bored). The latter half with the game show was better, with Lisa and Darebot against Lincoln & Leni (the two remaining siblings) Linc and Leni taking the lead since Lisa forgot to program the robot for all tasks (rendering it barely functioning by the end). Best part was Leni being somewhat competent, answering a clothing question correctly and ending up queen of the hill at the end of the obstacle course. Naturally, Linc & Leni pick the space capsule to give to Lisa, the latter apologizes and all the siblings get slimed. A decent episode and not one of my favorites (albeit better than 'Legends') but not bad at all

'Snoop's On' was about as okay as I thought. Leni and Lincoln finding Luna's diary by chance & getting worried about what things Luna has written about her doings keep on reading in secret (along with Luan,) was an okay story. To me it managed to keep the trio likeable and it was an interesting story with them being concerned with Luna having turned into a bad girl who's doing worrisome things like getting tattoos and pulling destructive pranks with her mysterious friend Roxy. It had some decent bits with them discovering more and keeping an eye on Luna and heading out to put a stop to a mayhem-filled night (with some nice scenes, such as them having to herd goats to stop Luna from unleashing them and avoid a brawl starting at the local biker bar), with Luna being stopped each time. I gradually predicted the outcome and very well, once they find Luna taking a letter from the city hall sign it comes out that they read the diary and she reveals she always knew and had written fake entries for them to follow and eventually confess (and Roxy was Sam); the "fake diary entry" story is well tried but this was pulled off decently. Nice end with Leni thinking the guard was an actor and Luna tossing the nosy Mr. Coconuts into a garbage can. Average at best (and I had hoped they wouldn't have gone for that twist).

'Friends In Dry Places' was a step up from the previous two, having a good and poignant plot about Lincoln along with Clyde & the gang (Rusty, Liam, Zac & Stella) heading off to a last field trip at a camp ground along with the class and Lincoln being worried about how they'll drift apart when they soon start middle school (after scared by Lynn telling him so, as it happened to her) and forcibly trying to keep the gang together, despite them all having been separated at the camp by paired up with another random classmate. This was a well told, important story and had some nice moments of humor and drama once Lincoln gathers the group (after he and Clyde removed them from the activity list) and takes them on a hike and they all get lost (this was a good scene with the truth coming out and them being angry at Lincoln for manipulating them and splitting up, Lincoln falling down into a hole in the sand and the group gathering again to help him out). Lincoln apologizes and tells them the reason (Lynn's story) and he is forgiven and promised they'll always be friends, before they are found by Cheryl and taken back (while riding in a raft pulled by the ATV; I was prepared for a gag with the raft snagging a branch and popping). Good episode (and very much Lincoln's 'Senior Moment' as it really reminded me of that Lori story).

'Coupe Dreams' was solid one. A simple yet good plot of Lori about to get her own car (to drive to and from Fairway University) and deciding to be a rideshare driver to make money for her dream car. Mr. Grouse also appears to offer her to buy his old and used one (covered with a sheet) but she declines (I was already sure that Grouse and the offer would come back in the end). There were some good stuff with Lori's first stressful day, with some nice gags (like her having to drive Scoots who has stolen a pudding machine) and a lot of people having to share the ride (such as the Mortician's Club with Luan's clown gang) & there's a great mix of secondary characters. She only makes $30 in her first day and soon she is not only a rideshare driver, but a pizza delivery girl, mobile baby sitter and doing mani-pedis too at the same time (to funny results). Naturally it all crashes and burns and she only made $500, but is saved (as predicted) by Grouse's offer (I'm happy his car wasn't revealed to be a perfect beauty, but a little dinged up but still nice convertible; I also liked Leni wanting to name the car). Grouse wants $750 but the compromise of having to be his personal driver during summer is made, with Lori happy in the end (a good and humorous ending). My favorite of these and a good season finale.

So yeah, overall a decent quartet of episodes. The first two I wasn't too impressed with (especially the 'Double Dare' one) but they were still all right, though the latter two were both good ones and ended the fourth season in a good fashion. It is an end of an era with the show doing that timeskip next season which makes me a little saddened, but overall hopeful for the future of the show (that might get a boost due to this, maybe mostly to fans who are complaining about the show getting less good and feeling worn out).

I guess I'll end this collected post with a tentative ranking:

Coupe Dreams > Friends In Dry Places > How Double Dare You! > Snoop's On

Hoping to hear your thoughts on the last episodes and the end of the season (and maybe hopes for season 5) soon, @Wile E. the Brain & @John95.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 09-05-2020 at 04:30 AM.

Hoping to hear your thoughts on the last four of Season 4 sooner or later, @Wile E. the Brain.

By the way, Season 5 premieres in September with 'Schooled"!, an 1 hour episode (which would make it an 44 minute episode without commercials, I'm guessing). Here's the promo:

https://twitter.com/erauniverse118/s...74315814375424

I'm very surprised at this, actually. I thought it'd be at least 5-6 months before the show returned (much like @John95 told me he heard).

Well... This will be much sooner than I thought! Also, I said my assumption for when it would return would be around two or three months after Coupe Dreams.

Rusty also appears to still be voiced by Wyatt Griswold, and all references to Gunnar Sizemore taking over the role have been removed on the Wiki.

I personally assumed it would begin around September but it is indeed sooner that we could have expected (since season 4 started like two months and a half after the previous one ended). I'm eager to see the gang going through middle school and since it looks like a one hour special, in your opinion, will it be some kind of four part episode, two specials, or four distinct episodes about Lincoln and the gang in middle school ? Anyway, I'm interested, it will be a nice way to make a transition from pre-growing up to post-growing up.

And yeah @CousinMerl, I kinda procrastinated with my reviews about these episodes, I'll try to make them pretty soon this week. And also probably to talk about the season as a whole.

Thread Information