Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

So I guess "Best Thing Ever" was Lily's song after all. I love the fact Lynn Sr. and Rita's type of music is country, nice call-back, aha.

Good thing each Loud and so each people of the main cast will have opportunity to have a song on their own. We already had occasions to hear some members sing alone or more than the others for songs with all the family (Lara Jill Miller, Brian Stepanek), so I'd like to see each of them get their own song. I don't want any Loud neglected.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

When it comes to the songs of the remaining three Louds, I can guess Luan will get a comedy/parody tune (maybe a la "Weird Al") and as for Lori and Lana I'm guessing something like disco or soul for the former and garage rock/punk for the latter.

I could definitely see people referring to "Really Loud Music" as a classic episode in a couple years.

I never realized how much talent the cast had until they were performing their own songs. The one thing I enjoyed is that all of the songs sounded legitimate. That's probably because they had actual musicians produce the songs, but this was the best musical episode I've seen from a show since American Dad's "Hot Water." Both pop songs sounded like they could actually get rotation on the radio tomorrow. There was a lot of genuine effort from everybody involved to make this episode memorable, and you can tell they had a lot of fun working on it.

It's amazing to me just how much the show has elevated since it started focusing more on the girls. The first season was heavy on Lincoln, even when the episode wasn't necessarily about him. Once they realized how much material they could get out of his sisters, the series became even better.

Watched the episode ('Really Loud Music') today and yeah, this was a really freakin' good one, wasn't it? (SPOILERS below so be warned!)

The plot about Luna wanting to submit a song of her own to the music competition but becoming unsure if it's the right one to share with the world and drawing inspiration from her family was simple but executed greatly. It was a very fun episode with also some nice emotional content, the songs were incredibly well written, produced and performed (I've said before that the main cast of this show has great singing voices), the animation was great and they got a lot of good stuff with the various funky and effectful visuals in each song number (some of the best of the series thus far) and I liked the cameo of the show's composer Doug Rockwell as a competition judge with the same name (not to mention appearing with a second judge named after Michelle Lewis, the other composer); I'm surprised they poked fun at themselves by making the characters antagonistic.

The only negative was that I thought it had some pacing issues, much due to a first half so crammed full off wall to wall songs performed by the family with technically no breathing room inbetween while the second half was better handled as it slowed down a little and felt more natural. I sort of wish that they would have found a way to spread out the songs a bit more instead of putting 2/3rds of them in the first half or maybe even did it was a 40 minute episode (which would have easily elevated it from great to amazing for me; it would have been their best option IMO, but I guess Nickelodeon wouldn't allow it), but I think that's just minor issue as it was handled with a lot of care and love, was so much fun, emotional and put a smile to my face. I really like it when they do something new and different like this and would really like to see more special episodes.

I'd say this is one of the best episodes of the series & and I'd really like full song releases now, please (Also, an official Loud House soundtrack when? Feels like it's the right time for one around now).

(Oh, and I might rank the songs soon; would love to see yours eventually, folks).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-24-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Indeed, this was an awesome episode, not at all disappointing.

The show obviously needed a musical special episode, since the staff gave us some great songs throughout the episodes (in Tricked!, 11 Louds a Leapin', etc.). And it was great. The first half is basically around the family's songs when Luna is not sure if her kind of song is the kind the whole world will love. I'm agree it have a little pacing issue, nevertheless, it's really nice to see all the voice cast having a chance to have his own song. And I didn't really mind the fact they're pretty short, I think it's enough since it's about Luna trying to found inspiration. Though I want to hear the full version of all the songs if they exist, of course. I think my favorite non-Luna songs are Lola's glam song, Luan's parade (something that we could hear in a show like Tiny Toons Adventures, and definitely fits with Luan's personality) and Lori and Leni's slow jam (nice continuity with L is for Love with Chaz by the way). Not to mention the delightful visual ideas, among the greatest of the whole series.

The second half is better paced and the entire episode is a well written story about Luna's personality conflict when it comes to music and if she can please everyone with the kind of music she does. The show did the "be yourself" moral a few times, but once again I think it was well handled. And I was surprised to see Doug and Michelle as the antagonists, and the plot as a pretty clever criticism of the bad aspects of the music industry. This leads to a great emotional conflict for Luna (her song "What have I done" is the longest but the one who deserved to be the longest considering the role of that song, and it's beautiful by the way, Nika Futterman seems to put her soul in that performance) and a not so predictable ending.

Therefore, this episode is a blast to watch. It's entertaining, it's funny (Lynn mispelling "trophy" in her song, "I feel embarassed, I called her Luna all these years"), it's touching, and it's memorable. Me too, I think it would have been even better if this episode was longer, but for what it is, it's definitely one of my favorite episodes of the whole series, and the best special episode behind the tandem 11 Louds a Leapin' / Tricked!. Great job.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 11-25-2018 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    This leads to a great emotional conflict for Luna (her song "What have I done" is the longest but the one who deserved to be the longest considering the role of that song, and it's beautiful by the way, Nika Futterman seems to put her soul in that performance) and a not so predictable ending.
    That song, to me, sort of came across as Luna's version of "Reflection" from Disney's 'Mulan' due to the similar themes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BtlAw4trg

Also, Leni's "I feel embarassed, I called her Luna all these years" line definitely reminded me of "Bart's teacher's name is Krabappel? I've been calling her Crandall! Why didn't someone tell me?!". Furthermore, now that you mentioned the continuity with Leni and Chaz from 'L Is For Love', I wonder if we perhaps might see Lola having the Lulu wig she snatched in later episodes? It would be a fun callback to this episode.

Hey @John95, what are your opinions on the episode?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 11-29-2018 at 12:40 AM.

@CousinMerl, I watched the episode on Saturday but I've been pretty busy these past few days so I haven't got the chance to talk about it. In short, it was pretty good. Not much else to say that you and the others haven't said already.

I was concerned at first from the reveal that there'd be 15 songs in this episode, knowing that Mr. Greg from Steven Universe (while still a very good episode) had the issues of feeling rushed with the number of songs it had and only 11 minutes of episode time. But most of them (while brief; and in varying degrees of quality) are only in the first half of the episode and severe their purpose of conflicting Luna on what type of song would be the most popular, even if the first half does suffer from pacing due to feeling crammed. Additionally, I saw a vid on YT of all the songs compiled together and in total they don't even take up half of the episode's runtime!

And your talks about What Have I Done? being similar to Reflection from Mulan is similar to the feeling I had while watching the episode of some of the songs feeling like they have some obvious inspirations to real songs. Rita and Lynn Sr.'s for example actually reminds me of this fairly obscure one that I know through it's inclusion on the new Muppets series from a few years back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWclZpTBRaU

Lastly, I didn't pick up that Leni was singing about Chaz. Good to see another L is for Love crush besides Sam not get thrown to the wayside like Paige was.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: 1.5/5 Shanksgiving: .5/5 Christmas is Coming: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    And your talks about What Have I Done? being similar to Reflection from Mulan is similar to the feeling I had while watching the episode of some of the songs feeling like they have some obvious inspirations to real songs. Rita and Lynn Sr.'s for example actually reminds me of this fairly obscure one that I know through it's inclusion on the new Muppets series from a few years back: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWclZpTBRaU
    Some of the tunes, lyrics aside, sort of reminded me of songs I've been hearing before (though I cannot put my finger on which ones) so you might have a point there. Would be fun to see a list of song inspirations for those used in the episodes.

I do hope they'll release the full versions since there was a lot of effort put into the songs and they are simply too good not to go unreleased. Also, a few of them would legitimately fit as single releases and for radio play such as 'Best Thing Ever' and 'Play It Loud'.

Also, I see on the wiki that Collin Dean (credited as Lincoln's voice for this episode) did not sing and used a sound-alike, something I find surprising as the main voice actors/actresses has done their own singing thus far, if i recall correctly; I wonder if Tex Hammond (Lincoln's new VA) will sing personally if Lincoln will eventually get another song, and this time a solo one.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-01-2018 at 07:12 AM.

From what I read in the interview, the editors had to cut some stuff out of each song. I believe all of them were polished to the point where they were complete tracks, but for the sake of the episode's runtime, they had to edit them down. Maybe there's a chance that all the songs will be released in their entirety.

So do you folks think there will be any new episodes this December or not until January (making this the first season that doesn't end prior to the end of the year)? Would be nice if they did wrap the season up this year (as there seem to only be a few episodes left).

I wonder if Predict Ability and Driving Ambition will be scheduled in December or in January like the first Zap2it prediction. But I clearly don't think they'll wrap the season before the end of 2018, since there's a number of episodes left, including apparently a fourth special episode. Besides, Kevin Sullivan stated Racing Hearts should'nt be scheduled before next year.

https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/st...53208117174273

Hopefully, the US will have those two episodes in January too.

It's been dry on the news side of things, but a few things popped up on Twitter:

New #TheLoudHouse Info:
    - Season 3, Episode 23b is titled “Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow” and it’s about Lynn Jr and Margo
    - The season 3 finale will lead into season 4
    - The first 5 episodes of season 4 are the Casagrande arc
    Source: https://twitter.com/WyomingParmesan/...48103348666368

As it doesn't seem like there will be any new eps December so I'm guessing hiatus until January.

So I guess the season 3 finale (which apparently will be another 22 minutes episode) will concern the Casagrandes. Boy, seems we still have a lot of time to spend with the Casagrandes until their spin-off (and I'm glad of that). Maybe this time, the Loud family will come to the big city.

By the way, another title showed up recently, Home of the Fave (23a). And it will star Luan, Lola and Lynn Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    By the way, another title showed up recently, Home of the Fave (23a). And it will star Luan, Lola and Lynn Sr.
    Interesting combo, definitely been awhile since we've gotten a Luan episode.

'Home of the Fave' seens like it might be a winner. I like pairing these characters up and a Lola episode is never wrong (and it features Lynn Sr. too so it's gotta be a good one). Luan as the third one is certainly interesting and feels fresh as I don't even recall if there's been any notable interactions between her and Lola.

We're at the end of 2018 and since the next episodes seem to be scheduled on January at least, what do you guys think about season 3 for the time being ? I don't wanna make a complete ranking of the season right now (mainly because it's hard to pick my favorite ones in order), but I will go with my rates for each one, with a color code.

Red = bad, Orange = average, Blue = good, Green = Very good, and Gold = Excellent

Tripped!
    White Hare
    Insta-gran
    Roadie to Nowhere
    A Fridge Too Far
    Selfie Improvement
    No Place Like Homeschool
    City Slickers
    Fool Me Twice
    Net Gains
    Pipe Dreams
    Fandom Pains
    Rita Her Rights
    Teacher's Union
    Head Poet's Anxiety
    The Mad Scientist
    Missed Connection
    Deal Me Out
    Friendzy
    Pasture Bedtime
    Shop Girl
    Gown and Out
    Breaking Dad
    Ruthless People
    What Wood Lincoln Do ?
    Scales of Justice
    Crimes of Fashion
    Absent Minded
    Be Stella My Heart
    Sitting Bull
    The Spies Who Love Me
    Really Loud Music
    House of Lies
    Game Boys
    Everybody Loves Leni
    Middle Men
    Jeers for Fears
    Tea Tale Heart
    The Loudest Thanksgiving

By the way, another title shows up recently, The Write Stuff, and this episode seems to star Lucy, Rita and Principal Huggins. Oh, my wish to see an episode about Rita's novel will come true ? (I suppose Lucy's poetic abilities will be highlighted too.)
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 12-22-2018 at 03:29 AM.

I would go out on a limb and say that it's very likely better than season two to me so yeah, definitely some steps up. The second season pushed the envelope and really started to develop the series and the characters, having a lot of great episodes, but quality wise I think that this one is more even, the humor is sharper and more on point, it has a greater variety of episodes with starring roles for the sisters as opposed to Lincoln getting the spotlight a whole lot and even the really weak episodes were in no way as big of flops as say 'No Such Luck' or 'Brawl In The Family'. I think that even without Savino the show can get even better more next season.

For me, the best episodes from it include 'Tripped!', 'Head Poet's Anxiety', 'Selfie Improvement', 'Fandom Pains', 'Missed Connection', 'Jeers For Fears', 'The Loudest Thanksgiving', 'Tea Tale Heart' & 'Really Loud Music'. Worst episodes include 'What Wood Lincoln Do?', 'Pasture Bedtime', 'Ruthless People', 'Game Boys', 'Fool Me Twice', 'Teacher's Union' & 'Absent Minded, though so far there hasn't really been any that awful ones so I'd say the writing is generally better now.

Here's a couple of general questions I have for you folks (and which I have had in mind for this dry period before next batch of episodes): Favorite character and best episode of the series so far? @Wile E. the Brain @John95?

Favorite character for me shifts around a few, but as of now I'd definitely pick Lola. A very threedimensional character with a lot of surprising depth, not to forget mention really funny (one of the most consistently funny ones), with a magnetic personality, not being too tied down to her gimmick and getting pretty much only great episodes; as soon as she has a part it usuallu makes the episode better and I definitely have to credit Grey Griffin's larger-than-life and occasionally hammy portrayal.

Favorite episode still has to be '11 Louds A Leapin', I think. It's pretty much the definition of the show at it's best with an down to earth yet funny and wacky story featuring the whole Loud family, each one with a part to play and/or something to say, and with a lot of good character moments, jokes and gags & an emotional core with the development of a recurring side character (Mr. Grouse); one of the best Christmas episodes of any series, I'd say (and I think the Loud House crew should look back to it for inspiration for episodes to come).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-24-2018 at 02:48 PM.

@CousinMerl,

Favorite character: Luna. Even from when I saw the original pilot before the show became a proper series, she was the one I latched onto the most in terms of her personality and I'll admit to having a thing for chicks with pixie cuts (which supposedly is based on the actual appearance of her VA Nika Futterman)!
    Favorite episode: Hmm... Can't pinpoint one, so I'll just instead list my five favorites of each season (in no real order):

Season 1
    Driving Miss Hazy
    Toads and Tiaras
    House Music
    Study Muffin
    It's a Loud, Loud, Loud, Loud House

Season 2
    Back in Black
    Garage Banned
    Cheater by the Dozen
    Out of the Picture
    L is for Love

Season 3 (so far)
    Fandom Pains
    Net Gains
    Really Loud Music
    Roadie to Nowhere
    Gown and Out

Also, here are some more upcoming episodes that I don't think have been mentioned yet:
    Stage Plight: Episode about Luan and Benny (good to see them continuing to further use the L is for Love crushes besides Sam)
    The Write Stuff: Episode about Lucy, Rita and Principal Huggins

Additionally, both Predict Ability and Driving Ambition will supposedly air on January 21st.

@CousinMerl, yeah, season 3 seems to confirm the evolution in a good way of this show. And I'm glad they're still able to surprise us and to deliver an excellent work even after Savino's incident. I'd be lying if I said there is not some flaws here and there anymore, but overall, it still seems to gain in quality each day. And that says a lot, since the show is excellent since it began (and a lot of my favorite episodes so far come from the two first seasons).

Yes obviously the weakest episodes are clearly not as awful as No Such Luck and Brawl in the Family are (though Ruthless People is one of my least favorite of the whole series, a very sloppy and mean-spirited episode in my opinion).

Favorite character of mine... Well, I'm torn between two of the Loud sisters :
    - Leni. I definitely love her simpleton yet adorable nature. She's not the most intelligent girl in her house, but she's the sweetest. And I love how the series shows it on several occasions (One Flu Over the Loud House, Shop Girl, even for some quick parts such as in No Laughing Matter where she's the only one to suggest to check if Luan is okay). Plus, she's cute and funny.
    - Luna. She used to be my favorite without a doubt, before Leni became a serious challenger. Anyway, I love her energy, her kindness behind her litteral loud personality, and her musical passion. A lot of her episodes are part of the best ones of the whole series.

And talking about that, my favorite episode of all is For Bros About to Rock. I love everything about this episode. It's hilarious, it's awesome, and the moral of the episode is one of the most relatable I've ever seen on an animated show. It shows me why I like Luna so much, her backstory is a big plus and it shows Luna is a very passionate character, and all that she wants is the best for her siblings.

@John95, I thought word for word the same thing about Stage Plight when I first heard of it. That's a very nice initiative.

@John95, if you had to pick only one favorite episode, which one? I'd really like to know.

I too like the sound of having Benny come back; I wonder how they'll portray him and if the other crushes will follow suit with major appearances. That would be very neat; which ones would you like to see? That kid who was paired up with Lana could be interesting, maybe especially since she has relatively few episodes and is a great, underrated character (besides, we never really get to see any of her friends, other than that one time in 'Cover Girls' where they didn't recognize her as she was dressed as Leni. Heck, I think she's the one sister aside from Lily where we don't really know any of her friends).

I also have to agree with both of you that Luna is a great character, though I'd really like to see more episodes where it's not all about her love of music (it's her gimmick and pretty much all of her episodes have been solid, sure, but some variety wouldn't hurt and it does seem they have a bit of trouble of doing non-music heavy stories for her; since they have proven to work the magic for someone like Leni I think that they can pull it off with her as well). She could use a bit less being tied to her 'thing' but that will probably come ('L Is For Love' was one of those steps and soon we'll get that sequel).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 12-24-2018 at 03:17 PM.

I remember when the plot of Racing Hearts was showed, I thought it could be nice to give continuity to some of the crushes aside Sam. Glad to see that's still a possibility. And after Benny, that could be nice to see Chaz again with Leni, especially after that little nod in Really Loud Music during Leni and Lori's song. But what I want in particular is a continuity to Lucy and Rocky after Back in Black. Silas was far more generic than Rocky and forgetting the latter, especially after an episode as great as Back in Black, would be a big slap in the face.

Yeah, that's something I noticed about Lana in Friendzy for example : when all the siblings appear with their first best friend, only Lana came with an unnamed character that we have never seen before. That's pretty sad in some way. (Besides, her crush in L is for Love causes one of the best gags of the episode, with the turbo engines on his bike.)

I see your point about Luna. And yeah, that could be interesting to see her outside of her comfort zone. Like Luan in Head Poet's Anxiety for example (who shows us she's far from being only a pun generator).

Replacing Rocky with that other guy in 'L Is For Love' was pretty lazy; they built him and his relationship with Lucy up well 'Back In Black' so that they didn't follow it up was disappointing, especially since the show doesn't hit the reset button at the end of every episode and actually has a fair bit of continuity (for instance as with Luna & Sam and Leni & Chaz as mentioned). I hope there will be more with them (and more on Lana's friends; I even forgot the one in 'Friendzy' and yeah, there's a part of the problem).

The last episodes titles of season 3 have just been revealed. There will be Antiqued Off (starring Lincoln, Clyde and Zach) as the sister episode of Stage Plight, and Cooked! as the last episode of the season and the fourth full length episode. The latter also have a plot :

The kids promise to help Dad with the grand opening of giant new restaurant by coming up with promotions.
    Yes, finally some news of Lynn Sr.'s restaurant project ! (I wonder how it will lead into season 4.)

Sounds like there's a fair bit of interesting episodes coming up. Too bad about the hiatus, though; it certainly would've been neat to get at least one new episode this month.

No news on the upcoming episodes that will wrap up season three yet, though they are starting to officially promote 'Los Casagrandes'.

https://twitter.com/DailyNickNews/st...34782301327360

So the spin-off will be scheduled in Spring ? That's nice, I expected it later. I hope we'll get some pics soon.

I wonder if the staff of Los Casagrandes will be entirely the same than The Loud House. I guess there will be some differences, since Miguel Puga had to left the latter to work on the former, for exemple.

I can't wait for Los Casagrandes. Bet they are just as crazy as the Louds.

Well, they have proven themselves a pretty goofy bunch so I don't think there'll be any risk they wont be as crazy (or at least nearly as crazy).

By the way, I just learned today that Mr. Grouse's first name is Bud. Found out on the TLH wiki and that it comes from the fourth and most recent (I believe) graphic novel collection called 'Family Tree'. Seems like they do include some interesting canon information in those on top of just being a collection of comics.

If I remember well, he says his first name in 11 Louds a Leapin', when he speaks to Junie by phone call.

Nickelodeon's italian YT channel showed the first five minutes of Predict Ability. I saw them by curiosity and this episode seems, no pun intended, a little predictable. But  it's nice to see Stella again, and as I expected, as a part of Lincoln's friend group .

Thread Information