Thread: 2019 Animation Emmy Nominations

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

2019 Animation Emmy Nominations

Animated Program
    Big Mouth ("The Planned Parenthood Show")
    Bob's Burgers ("Just One Of The Boyz 4 Now For Now")
    BoJack Horseman ("Free Churro")
    Adventure Time ("Come Along With Me")
    The Simpsons ("Mad About The Toy")

Short Form Animated Program
    Love, Death & Robots ("The Witness")
    Robot Chicken ("Why Is It Wet?")
    SpongeBob SquarePants ("Plankton Paranoia")
    Steven Universe ("Reunited")
    Teen Titans Go! ("Nostalgia Is Not A Substitute For An Actual Story")

Character Voiceover
    Kevin Michael Richardson (F Is For Family (Rosie, "The Stinger"))
    Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy (Peter, Stewie, Brian, Quagmire, Tom Tucker, Seamus, "Con Heiress"))
    Alex Borstein (Family Guy (Lois, Tricia Takanawa, "Throw it Away"))
    Hank Azaria (The Simpsons (Moe, Carl, Duffman, Kirk van Houten, "From Russia Without Love"))
    Eric Jacobson (When You Wish Upon A Pickle: A Sesame Street Special (Bert, Grover, Oscar))

I couldn't find any nominations for animated shows in other categories, although I didn't look for too many titles. Also, the PDF has some problems searching; for example, Gotham shows up only if you search for "got ham."

These categories will be given out at the Creative Arts ceremony, which is in two nights - Saturday & Sunday, September 14 & 15; a heavily-edited version of the two nights combined will air on FXX on Septmber 21.

Almost forgot...
    There is one other animation category - Individual Achievement in Animation. However, these don't have nominees; instead, each entry is given its own "yes or no" vote. Usually, a number of people win Emmys each year; these will be announced officially just before the Creative Arts ceremony.
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 07-18-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Why does Robot Chicken keep getting nominated? Every time it’s there, there will be a higher chance of it winning.

I’m rooting for Steven Universe only because the fans really wanted this show’s to win.

Seems like Family Guy will only get attention at the Emmys when it comes to voice acting. I feel bad for Seth having to say that LONG LAST NAME twice in Con Heiress. And honestly Alex Borstein sounds too nasally as Lois nowadays and Throw It Away doesn’t really help her case (but hey at least she’s still theatrically acting instead of having no emotion like Julie Kavner’s Marge these days)
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mad About The Toy lol

Quote Originally Posted by That Don Guy View Post
    Character Voiceover
    Kevin Michael Richardson (F Is For Family (Rosie, "The Stinger"))
    Seth MacFarlane (Family Guy (Peter, Stewie, Brian, Quagmire, Tom Tucker, Seamus, "Con Heiress"))
    Alex Borstein (Family Guy (Lois, Tricia Takanawa, "Throw it Away"))
    Only Kevin Michael Richardson should get an emmy out of those. Alex Borstein was horrible in season 17 and Seth MacFarlane doesn't deserve one not for the writing he's allowing.

Rosie from F is For Family is a good character.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fas1997 View Post
    Why does Robot Chicken keep getting nominated? Every time it’s there, there will be a higher chance of it winning.
    It's already got several Emmys under its belt.
    How to remaster

TBH I'm actually surprised Big Mouth got an Emmy nomination.
    kwyjibo (kwidge-jib-oh): a big dumb balding North American ape with no chin and a short temper.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Blake

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by erichoff View Post
    Only Kevin Michael Richardson should get an emmy out of those. Alex Borstein was horrible in season 17 and Seth MacFarlane doesn't deserve one not for the writing he's allowing.

Rosie from F is For Family is a good character.
    How many voices does he do? Usually, the voters in this category like to give it to people who can do more than one, or at least not just another version of the same voice the actor does on pretty much every other show.

And if you want to take things other than acting ability into account, MacFarlane would be the favorite because they'll treat it as a "consolation prize" for The Orville being pretty much shut out (its only nomination was for visual effects)...or at least, he would be had the Kennedy Center not just announced that one of the Kennedy Center Honors this year is going to Sesame Street, so the Emmys might jump on the bandwagon and give it to Jacobson.

Actually, the fact that Jacobson is eligible in Voiceover is a relatively new rule; in the past, "puppets" entered acting categories as if they were real, and the puppet's performer(s) (both voice and movement) would get Emmys if the character won. I have a theory that the only reason ALF never got nominated was, he was never entered as they would have to "officially" reveal who did the voice.

Irreverent Humor Throughout Blake's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I can never comprehend the solid reviews that Big Mouth gets from critics. I keep an open mind when it comes to animation but I feel they manufactured that show to be one of the ugliest things ever made

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

I feel the same way and I could somehow see that winning the Emmy over Free Churro for really cheap excuses. I don't get the hype for that show.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Thread Information