Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

As of last night I've also see all of this week's episodes. For the most part my thoughts on them refect @Wile E. the Brain's on them, though I thought Driving Ambition was actually weaker than Predict Ability. Regardless, I enjoyed all the ones we got this week which makes this the most solid offering of episodes in awhile!

Only thing I will add though is that if Brec Bassinger is taking over permanently as Margo, hopefully she gets better since she honestly sounded a little bland in Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow.

EDIT: Here's a sneak peek of Stage Plight even thought it doesn't have an airdate yet: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HzlreoivE4
    Last edited by John95; 02-08-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 1.5/5 Family Guy Lite: TBD No Giggity, No Doubt: TBD
    American Dad! Season 14 Ratings - Santa Schmanta: 0/5 Paranoid_Frandroid: .5/5 Census of the Lambs: 2.5/5 Shell Game: 1/5 The Mural of the Story: 0/5 (You Gotta) Strike for Your Right: 2/5 Klaustastrophe.TV: 1/5 Death by Dinner Party: 0/5 The Never-Ending Stories: 0/5 Railroaded: 0/5 My Purity Ball and Chain: .5/5 OreTron Trail: 0/5 Mean Francine: 3/5 One Woman Swole: 2/5 Flavortown: 0/5 Persona Assistant: TBD The Legend of Old Ulysses: TBD Twinanigans: TBD

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I'm looking forward for Stage Plight. Fun fact, I thought this episode will be very similar to School Play from Hey Arnold ! at first (because of Luan wanting to get closer to Benny through the school play, just like Helga in the aforementioned episode, though in Helga's case, she had to get the role of Juliet over her classmates, and in Luan's case, it's more like she's seemingly unable to be the Juliet of her Romeo Benny).

@CousinMerl, what are your thoughts about this bunch ?

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

@Wile E. the Brain, I actually watched the episodes yesterday sunday and I definitely think it was a solid batch overall, one of the strongest in a while with not one disappointing episode among them. None of these four would make my worst list of the season.

'Predict Ability' - This one was pretty good, I must say. A nice Lincoln centric episode, probably one of the better of the season. The plot of him starting seeing himself as predictable and changing up his routines like what he eats for breakfast and how he dresses at school, alternating between several different ones over a time, was a fun one and I liked seeing him in various outfits. Also enjoyed how the episode managed to see both his family and classmates and friends (with both the latter and his sisters sharing the screen at the end) and even though the episode was a little predictable the end scene wasn't too obvious. The subplot with Clyde getting anxious and making a big deal out of Lincoln being different at school each time was unnnecessary but was very minor.

'Driving Ambition' - A good Lori episode, clean and simple. They have hinted to her being a good golfer previously and showing her interest at getting into a prestigous golf university was quite a big step up which presented a good plot for her. I liked the golf competition with the conflict an while it felt a bit standard and bland with how she kept getting nervous which caused her to perform really horribly when it really mattered (feels like I've seen this plot a few times before) it worked due to some of her siblings pitching in and helping her with pointers (also loved Luna on the harp, btw) which made her do well in the last third of the competition and the end was a good compromise with her not getting a scholarship but ending up on the golf team due to her skillset.

'Home Of The Fave' - Best one of these by far. Lynn Sr. episodes are usually really good as we see his relationship with his family and pairing him up with Lola for a bit made for a of of fun scenes. Him being worried about being seen as playing favorites and preferrring one of his kids over the others and spending time with each one in succession before ultimately trying to cater to each one of them simultaneously was a good story & I really enjoyed the humor (also nice to see a flashback with him as a kid) and the scenes of him spending time with his kids was pretty sweet and gave a great down to earth feel. The ending with the reveal that he worried for nothing was a nice one as he does give them an equal share of his time.

'Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow' - Lynn Jr. episodes have been better this season and this was too. This one explored Lynn and her friendship with Margo (back and in an spotlight role) and I liked the conflict with the latter becoming a town hero and getting some ridiculous privileges after she made the soccer goal and Lynn getting jelaous and bitter (after some instigation by Paula, also back again) and her growing angrier over the Margo worship and spitefully turning the tables by making a great goal herself which makes Margo forgotten and upset was an interesting switch. The resolution with the two of them arguing over whom to make the next goal and accidentally letting Paula score and become the hero which causes the two friends to reconcile was a good one. Maybe it was a bit repetitive but it worked for me due to the core friendship.

Ranking them I'd say Fave > Tomorrow > Predict > Ambition.

@CousinMerl, Your rankings for the episodes are pretty much the same as mine.

Also, what'd you think of the sneak peek for Stage Plight?

@John95, I watched the sneak peek I think it looks like a really good Luan episode. It does feel like something new having her get of the lead roles in a Romeo & Juliet school play and suggesting they do a modern take to get out of her stage fright of having to get physical with Benny on stage; it could be a great one (and nice to see Benny back again).

(Also, gotta say that the pretty loud and messy intros and outro of the video were pretty bad; never liked it when channels have those in their videos. I wish that sneak peeks of the show could be posted on the official Nick channel instead).

Apparently The Casagrandes will premiere in October. That's strange since an officiel image from Nickelodeon seemed to have putted the airdate in spring.

https://twitter.com/LosCasagrandes/s...13027722686464

That is very late indeed. I was thinking we were looking at an August-something premiere at the very least.

'Cooked!' aired the other day and will post my thouhts as soon as I've watched it, though I am pretty sure this will be another good one; there has yet to be be an subpar double length episode and going by the promos this one doesn't seem like it'll break up that tradition.

I saw it last night and thought it was good too, definitely better than The Loudest Thanksgiving.

Also, the last four episodes of the season air in two weeks

Cooked! was a very good special, though I don't think it's one of my favorites, it's a very satisfying way to end season 3 (in production order, I mean, there are still the remaining episodes that will come in a little more than one week).

I enjoyed the idea of doing a sequel to the events of A Fridge Too Far with Lynn Sr. finally opening his own restaurant, which shows that The Loud House cares about continuity most of the time. The first scenes with Lynn Sr. getting his restaurant are pretty funny (Leni finding the young boy relatable), and then the kids come each one with his own promotional idea. In a The Loud House logic, at first each kid thinks his idea is the best, wants to use it and things start to get wrong until they learn about their mistake and decide to work together, and that was pretty well executed for me. I liked the fact each kid comes up with a pretty clever promotional idea on the paper : Leni and her bingo game for the elder people (nice to see Pop-Pop and Myrtle again), Lisa and her fries, Luan and her birthday song (which reminded me The Emperor's New Groove)... And as usual, when all the siblings are implied in the story, it's always a bonus.

There was a number of funny jokes throughout the episode (loved the tree monsters joke), the double length format is well handled, I enjoyed the return of Kotaro and the Burpin' Burger employee (which is called Grant here, nice shout out to Grant Palmer, I wonder if Collin Dean will also have another character since he reached puberty), and the ending with the interview la Weekend at Bernie's was pretty funny, not to mention I liked they ended the episode in a way that reminded me Anti-social, with a sweet family moment without a joke (except Leni's last line). This is also what makes this show so good : sweet moments between the family. A very good special.

My ranking for all the specials so far : 11 Louds a Leapin' > Tricked! > Really Loud Music > Relative Chaos > The Loudest Thanksgiving > Cooked! > Tripped!

Thread Information