Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

Yeah I like hearing the podcasts for time to time. They're pleasant extras for the fans. My favorite must be Leni's one (I definitely love her sweet nature and Liliana Mumy's performance).

As usual I will post my reviews for the new episodes at the end of the bunch. Speaking of Everybody Loves Leni, I'm glad Sheela Shrinivas is back as a staff writer for the show.

maybe a little rustic CousinMerl's Avatar

@Wile E. the Brain, I think my favorites of the podcasts has to be Luan's, Lana's, Lucy's & Rita's. Do you think the podcast are canon or not? If they are, I think they could be considered breaking the fourth wall since the host characters address us, the listeners, like Lincoln does in the series from time to time?

By the way, haven't seen the new episodes yet since I'm waiting to once they are all available so I can in one go.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 10-12-2018 at 11:01 AM.

Junior Camper Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

@CousinMerl, I don't know. It seems there's nothing in the podcasts that actually proves they're canon to the show or not. Though Luna's podcast contradicts her backstory in For Bros About to Rock. About the fourth wall, it's a possibility since Lincoln is not the only one able to break it, as we could see in some episodes (Lola in A Tattler's Tale, Lori in Selfie Improvement, Ronnie Anne in Relative Chaos, etc.).

maybe a little rustic CousinMerl's Avatar

I've finished the latest four episodes and I really liked all of these.

'Everybody Loves Leni' was a very nice episode; not great but likeable and sweet, mostly all due to Leni and her good heart and attempts at bringing her friends together. It had some amusing bits and an nice ending where they all came together as a group, though it wasn't all too engaging and a little messy, the enmity between the friends felt kinda forced and it felt a little off seeing Leni this competent and focused and not at all like her usual loveably dumb simpleton self (which was made me like the character as it's a clear part of her charm) but I did like and enjoy it; probably my least fav of these, though (but only by default).

'Middle Men' was one I didn't expect much from but it was pleasant surprise. Really good Linc & Clyde episode which put them in an new surrounding and had Lynn supporting and helping them (really liked all the bits where she interacted with them as she teached them to be tough like her. The plot was nice and I really liked the plot twist at the end, but my favorite aspect of all was Lynn getting character development (!) which was just what she needed and what I was hoping; loved getting to know the backstory of why she is so abrasive and aggressive. Pretty solid stuff all in all (and with the Lynn element really suprisingly so).

'Jeers For Fears' I really liked a lot too, even more than 'Middle'. As a Linc & Clyde episode (again) it was all good stuff with them trying to toughen up before going to the haunted house attraction, getting assistance from the sisters (and especially Lucy as the coach who tries her best to get them to not be scaredy cats) and even from Bobby who showed up again to help (really liked these three together); liked how diverse it was. Animation wise this was really impressive and good looking and the climax with the twist and the turn was all good (and I liked the two actually becoming friends with Chandler which was a surprise). Neat Halloween ep.

'Tea Tale Heart', gosh, this was by far my favorite. Simple but well realized plot about Lola borrowing Lucy's antique doll and all the hijinx once she ruins it, including some really funny stuff with her fooling around with trying to repair it and get rid of it & a bit of spookiness as it has a strange ability to return. Lola is a riot here (great performance by Grey Griffin), has some great interactions (including with Flip of all people) & the emotional moment where she confesses to Lucy was sweet (and that twist with Lana's reveal was topping of the cake; then there's a nice end gag with the doll scaring toughie Lynn). Lola episodes tend to deliver and this was no exception; maybe one of my favorites of the series.

One of the best episode bombs as of recently, I'd say. Very enjoyable.

Thread Information