Page 1 of 30 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Rick and Morty

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Rick and Morty

first episode available here:

it premieres on adult swim tonight and is a half-hour show for a change, darkly riffing on the idea of the relationship between marty mcfly and doc brown from back to the future. it's co-created by the creator of community, dan harmon. it takes a while but eventually it becomes pretty funny. from what I hear the series only gets better.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

I was thinking of making a thread for this a few days ago.I absolutely loved the pilot and I can't wait to see more from this show.
    I had been looking forward to this show for about 2 years, I was not disappointed.
    Last edited by Insomnia; 12-16-2013 at 10:21 AM.

Blog Entries

lotta at/rs vibes comin' off this

i like that

Blog Entries

I liked it a bunch even though rick is one of those characters whose voice actor (co-creator justin roiland) really, really likes to hear himself talk

Blog Entries

I was surprised how good it was considering it was only the pilot.
    And most pilots for animated comedies seem to be somewhat bad.

Also I'm not sure how long Adultswim will keep up the pilot on there youtube, it's been up for about week I believe

Blog Entries

Not a fan of the animation style but the humour is decent. I'll probably watch this regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

NSFW

Wasn't aware there was a pilot up this whole time, so I just watched it on Adult Swim. It was pretty damn funny, and I think this is the first Adult Swim show I actually plan to follow week to week. I love all the weird aspects of the animation like the things Morty's lips do. You can tell they actually take advantage of the animation medium unlike Family Guy, where it's stiff as can be. The frequent burps in the middle of Rick's speech are funny, too. The opening with Rick's plan/test/whatever the hell that was to bomb the world so Morty can get naked with his classmate Adam and Eve style was hilarious, along with the ending with Morty spazzing out while Rick says all that crap about rickandmorty.com. And I couldn't help but laugh at the idea of St. Equis.

4/5

What do you think they put in the Bug Juice?
    Bugs?
    No they don't. Come on...shut up.

Blog Entries

well I'm glad I watched the pilot before learning it was based on a terrible newgrounds flash

Blog Entries

The pupils on this show are really weird looking.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Pretty great pilot episode. Got a lot of laughs out of Rick's drunken dialogue and the entire hiding seeds in your anus scene. The animation is a bit stiff, but still manages to be nice to look at and has some pretty good angles at times, which is great for an Adult Swim show. Overall, it's a really funny and promising show, can't wait to see what they do for the rest of the Season.

Overall: 4/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

I was telling one of my friends to watch it and he couldn't get over how it looks like a bunch of other Cartoon Network shows. Is there a term coined yet for the same animation style that all these modern cable cartoons use where the character designs look the are drawn very similarly, such as Rick and Morty, Regular Show and Sanjay and Craig?

Blog Entries

All those shows look fine to me.
    I think people are just used to the sterile animation style of Family guy and they want there "adult" cartoons to all look similar and not look cartoony like most stuff on cartoonnetwork does.

Blog Entries

which is ironic since family guy was initially criticized for the crude and cartoony art style compared to what was then seen as "slick" on the simpsons, which was also first criticized for the crude and cartoony art style.

btw that original regular show promo, does anybody notice margaret is technically naked?

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Space camp

Blog Entries

hawt

Blog Entries

yeah it's fine for one show to have that style but the thin-ness of all the arms and stuff really weirds me out when it's on every show. i think this started with that odd flapjack show

Blog Entries

Pretty enjoyable pilot. Enough to bring me back for more.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

I don't know if anyone bothered to watch this new episode but I did.
    It was pretty damn good I liked how quickly they jumped into both the plots and then tied them together. The inception parody which although has been done to death was actually very well done here and a bit original.
    In terms of comedy this episode was miles ahead of the pilot half way through I knew that this show is going to great and I hope it will be here for at least a few more years.

5/5

Blog Entries

Hey adultswim put up the second episode on youtube as well

Kinda weird but I posted above on the 9th but the thread (until NOW I assume) still said that Shaunbadia was the last to post and it didn't bump up the thread as well. weird
    Anyways great episode.

21. Thumbs Up To This Post by: tyler

Blog Entries

ha right after I went thru hoops to find it, too

great episode, and presented a fun, twisty inception parody that didn't just try to spoof the movie but instead just play with the concept. you can hear dan harmon's voice with the freddy krueger parody as rick instantly mocks it for what he is. easily one of my more favorite shows to debut this year.

Blog Entries

I haven't heard of this show until recently but from the designs it looks like a back to the future parody.

Am I right about this? Or is that just a coincidence?

Quote Originally Posted by zachbigmac View Post
    @Swoony your just a poser and dont tell me
    your not cause i can read you like a fucking book.

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Space camp

Blog Entries

In a way, yes.

They haven't involved actual time travel though... yet

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Swoony View Post
    I haven't heard of this show until recently but from the designs it looks like a back to the future parody.
    Am I right about this? Or is that just a coincidence?
    It was originally a Back to the Future Parody when it was just a gross internet cartoon.

Blog Entries

Ok that makes sense then.

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Loved the 2nd episode even more than the first one. At first I thought I'd be tired of the Inception parody plot due to all of the show's that have already done it, but they still did it in a really funny and great way. Also really loved the dog plot. A 4/5.

Blog Entries

Just watched the second episode. Really digging this show so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Insomnia View Post
    It was originally a Back to the Future Parody when it was just a gross internet cartoon.
    Speaking of it being a gross internet cartoon. That video you posted which I assume is the original incarnation of the show which ended with Morty giving Rick a rather graphic blowjob...that was uh...well, I'm not quite sure how to feel about it...I mean, one one hand it's horrifying...but on the other...um...lol graphic child sex abuse? No...no, I can't...it was just awful even by the tastes of someone like myself who enjoys all of that "Refuge in Vulgarity" stuff.

Holy crap, I didn't watch that until you mentioned it. I must say I'm very glad to know cable limitations have protected us from seeing shit like that in the show.

And after seeing that I can also infer Dan Harmon probably just slapped his name onto the Adult Swim series and it's really created by Justin Roiland.

That Gatorade ad was hilarious, though.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flimpsons Christmas Boogie View Post
    And after seeing that I can also infer Dan Harmon probably just slapped his name onto the Adult Swim series and it's really created by Justin Roiland.
    No, Dan took Justin's humor and fleshed it out for a sitcom, helping add a world with characters and such. I'm sure a majority is Roiland, but if I know Dan Harmon he definitely tooled around with it so the concept works.

Oh yeah, I saw on Wikipedia that Harmon also co-wrote the pilot. Makes sense. I'm sure they needed each other to make this work out.

Blog Entries

Thought the pilot episode was really unremarkable overall, but thought the second episode was really excellent. They had a lot of fun with the whole Inception bit, without becoming too married with their main concept. The Nightmare on Elm Street stuff was very amusing and worked better than I expected. The whole "he's just some normal guy" shtick isn't that novel these days, but the execution sold it. The subplot with the dog might've been my favorite part, though, if only because of how hilarious that adorable dog was in that helmet.

The weakest link in the show is definitely Morty, however. His repeating pattern of being constantly bewildered and/or shouting about what's happening is kind of annoying.

Thread Information