Thread: 2020 Emmy Nominations

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

2020 Emmy Nominations

Here are the 2020 Emmy nominations in the three main animation categories:

Animated Program
    Big Mouth (Disclosure The Movie: The Musical!)
    Bob's Burgers (Pig Trouble In Little Tina)
    BoJack Horseman (The View From Halfway Down)
    Rick And Morty (The Vat Of Acid Episode)
    The Simpsons (Thanksgiving Of Horror)

Short Form Animated Program
    Forky Asks A Question: What Is Love?
    Robot Chicken (Santa's Dead (Spoiler Alert))
    Steven Universe Future (Fragments)

Character Voiceover Performance
    Big Mouth (Maya Rudolph as Connie the Hormone Monstress, "How To Have An Orgasm")
    Central Park (Leslie Odom Jr. as Owen, "Episode One")
    Crank Yankers (Wanda Sykes as Gladys, "Bobby Brown, Wanda Sykes & Kathy Griffin")
    The Mandalorian (Taika Waititi as IG-11, "Chapter 8: Redemption")
    The Simpsons (Nancy Cart wright as Bart Simpson, Nelson, Ralph, Todd, "Better Off Ned")
    The Simpsons (Hank Azaria as Professor Frink, Moe, Chief Wiggum, Carl, Cletus, Kirk, Sea Captain, "Frinkcoin")

Note that neither Bless the Harts nor Duncanville received nominations in any categories, including "main title design" and "main title theme music" (which are categories normally open only to shows in their first seasons, unless they significantly change their opening credits or opening theme).

If you are wondering why there are six nominations in voiceover, five in animated program, and three in short form animated program, there was an Emmy rules change this year where the number of nominees in a category is based on the number of entries.

These Emmys will be given out at the Creative Arts Emmy ceremony, which is normally scheduled for the Saturday and Sunday before the main awards ceremony (which is 9/22 this year), but because of the whole COVID-19 thing, the Creative Arts categories may be awarded online this year over a different time frame.

Also, there is one additional animation category - Individual Achievement in Animation - that does not have nominees; instead, each entry gets its own up-or-down vote for an Emmy. These winners, if any, are announced at some point before the Creative Arts ceremony so the winners can show up to accept their Emmys.
    Last edited by That Don Guy; 07-28-2020 at 07:54 AM.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

A couple of "animation related" nominations:

Alex Borstein (Family Guy) was nominated for Comedy Series Supporting Actress for The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel

Amy Poehler (Duncanville) was nominated along with Nick Offerman in the Reality Show Host category for Makin' It

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Not impressed with the choices. The voters are just picking the popular shows.
    The Central, King of Harts, Burger-loving, American family guy.

CROSSING SWORDS SEASON 1 * PILOT 0/5 * EPISODE 2 0.5/5 * EPISODE 3 0/5 * EPISODE 4 0/5 * EPISODE 5 0/5 * EPISODE 6 0.5/5 * EPISODE 7 1/5 * EPISODE 8 2.5/5 * EPISODE 9 3/5 * EPISODE 10 3/5

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Bojack better friggin win Best Animated Show.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: MDB, orangemo

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Bojack better friggin win Best Animated Show.
    Yeah I’m not impressed with their other choices but Bojack needs to win.

Quote Originally Posted by orangemo View Post
    Not impressed with the choices. The voters are just picking the popular shows.
    Well, I am not that much into animated shows yet to talk about most of the episodes submitted. But both Thanksgiving of Horror and The Vat of Acid Episode were outstanding, and even if I haven't seen The View From Halfway Down, I am pretty much confident it is going to be the best one. I found those nominations accurate.

Not too much to complain about if the same shows are the best year after year. If Bless the Harts or other new shows are as good as you say, they are probably getting a place in future ceremonies, when they have a weight name to compete. I've seen the second season of Disenchantment and I think they have the potential to achieve something in the future, but I don't think they are worthy of a top5 so far.
    Last retrospective: Homer Defined (S03E05)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of Rick and Morty (completed!)

My project of rating and reviewing every episode of BoJack Horseman (last episode: Hank After Dark)

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Szyslak100 View Post
    Well, I am not that much into animated shows yet to talk about most of the episodes submitted. But both Thanksgiving of Horror and The Vat of Acid Episode were outstanding, and even if I haven't seen The View From Halfway Down, I am pretty much confident it is going to be the best one. I found those nominations accurate.

Not too much to complain about if the same shows are the best year after year. If Bless the Harts or other new shows are as good as you say, they are probably getting a place in future ceremonies, when they have a weight name to compete. I've seen the second season of Disenchantment and I think they have the potential to achieve something in the future, but I don't think they are worthy of a top5 so far.
    I did enjoy those as well.

seems weird and scary GlitterCat's Avatar

I really hope SUF doesn't win. Fragments was the worst episode and for me, a moment when Steven crossed the Moral Horizon. He straight up murders Jasper because he got mad, and I don't care that his magic spit restored her later, she was shattered, the worse possible thing one can do to a gem. SUF Steven was just an unlikable ball of rage and complaints who showed zero empathy and gratitude towards Greg who was trying to give him a good life.

Thread Information