Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

As of last night I've also see all of this week's episodes. For the most part my thoughts on them refect @Wile E. the Brain's on them, though I thought Driving Ambition was actually weaker than Predict Ability. Regardless, I enjoyed all the ones we got this week which makes this the most solid offering of episodes in awhile!

Only thing I will add though is that if Brec Bassinger is taking over permanently as Margo, hopefully she gets better since she honestly sounded a little bland in Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow.

EDIT: Here's a sneak peek of Stage Plight even thought it doesn't have an airdate yet: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HzlreoivE4
    Last edited by John95; 02-08-2019 at 01:31 PM.
    Family Guy Season 17 Ratings - Married... with Cancer: .5/5 Dead Dog Walking: .5/5 Pal Stewie: 3/5 Big Trouble in Little Quahog: 3.5/5 Regarding Carter: 1.5/5 Stand by Meg: 2/5 Griffin Winter Games: 2.5/5 Con Heiress: 0/5 Pawtucket Pete: 2.5/5 Hefty Shades of Gray: .5/5 Trump Guy: .5/5 Bri, Robot: .5/5 Trans-Fat: 2/5 Family Guy Lite: 1.5/5 No Giggity, No Doubt: 1.5/5 You Can't Handle the Booth: 1/5 Island Adventure: TBD
    American Dad! Season 14 Ratings - Santa Schmanta: 0/5 Paranoid_Frandroid: .5/5 Census of the Lambs: 2.5/5 Shell Game: 1/5 The Mural of the Story: 0/5 (You Gotta) Strike for Your Right: 2/5 Klaustastrophe.TV: 1/5 Death by Dinner Party: 0/5 The Never-Ending Stories: 0/5 Railroaded: 0/5 My Purity Ball and Chain: .5/5 OreTron Trail: 0/5 Mean Francine: 3/5 One Woman Swole: 2/5 Flavortown: 0/5 Persona Assistant: 0/5 The Legend of Old Ulysses: 0/5 Twinanigans: .5/5 Top of the Steve: 1/5 Funnyish Games: TBD Fleabiscuit: TBD The Future is Borax: TBD

Have Brain, Will Travel Wile E. the Brain's Avatar

I'm looking forward for Stage Plight. Fun fact, I thought this episode will be very similar to School Play from Hey Arnold ! at first (because of Luan wanting to get closer to Benny through the school play, just like Helga in the aforementioned episode, though in Helga's case, she had to get the role of Juliet over her classmates, and in Luan's case, it's more like she's seemingly unable to be the Juliet of her Romeo Benny).

@CousinMerl, what are your thoughts about this bunch ?

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

@Wile E. the Brain, I actually watched the episodes yesterday sunday and I definitely think it was a solid batch overall, one of the strongest in a while with not one disappointing episode among them. None of these four would make my worst list of the season.

'Predict Ability' - This one was pretty good, I must say. A nice Lincoln centric episode, probably one of the better of the season. The plot of him starting seeing himself as predictable and changing up his routines like what he eats for breakfast and how he dresses at school, alternating between several different ones over a time, was a fun one and I liked seeing him in various outfits. Also enjoyed how the episode managed to see both his family and classmates and friends (with both the latter and his sisters sharing the screen at the end) and even though the episode was a little predictable the end scene wasn't too obvious. The subplot with Clyde getting anxious and making a big deal out of Lincoln being different at school each time was unnnecessary but was very minor.

'Driving Ambition' - A good Lori episode, clean and simple. They have hinted to her being a good golfer previously and showing her interest at getting into a prestigous golf university was quite a big step up which presented a good plot for her. I liked the golf competition with the conflict an while it felt a bit standard and bland with how she kept getting nervous which caused her to perform really horribly when it really mattered (feels like I've seen this plot a few times before) it worked due to some of her siblings pitching in and helping her with pointers (also loved Luna on the harp, btw) which made her do well in the last third of the competition and the end was a good compromise with her not getting a scholarship but ending up on the golf team due to her skillset.

'Home Of The Fave' - Best one of these by far. Lynn Sr. episodes are usually really good as we see his relationship with his family and pairing him up with Lola for a bit made for a of of fun scenes. Him being worried about being seen as playing favorites and preferrring one of his kids over the others and spending time with each one in succession before ultimately trying to cater to each one of them simultaneously was a good story & I really enjoyed the humor (also nice to see a flashback with him as a kid) and the scenes of him spending time with his kids was pretty sweet and gave a great down to earth feel. The ending with the reveal that he worried for nothing was a nice one as he does give them an equal share of his time.

'Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow' - Lynn Jr. episodes have been better this season and this was too. This one explored Lynn and her friendship with Margo (back and in an spotlight role) and I liked the conflict with the latter becoming a town hero and getting some ridiculous privileges after she made the soccer goal and Lynn getting jelaous and bitter (after some instigation by Paula, also back again) and her growing angrier over the Margo worship and spitefully turning the tables by making a great goal herself which makes Margo forgotten and upset was an interesting switch. The resolution with the two of them arguing over whom to make the next goal and accidentally letting Paula score and become the hero which causes the two friends to reconcile was a good one. Maybe it was a bit repetitive but it worked for me due to the core friendship.

Ranking them I'd say Fave > Tomorrow > Predict > Ambition.

@CousinMerl, Your rankings for the episodes are pretty much the same as mine.

Also, what'd you think of the sneak peek for Stage Plight?

@John95, I watched the sneak peek I think it looks like a really good Luan episode. It does feel like something new having her get of the lead roles in a Romeo & Juliet school play and suggesting they do a modern take to get out of her stage fright of having to get physical with Benny on stage; it could be a great one (and nice to see Benny back again).

(Also, gotta say that the pretty loud and messy intros and outro of the video were pretty bad; never liked it when channels have those in their videos. I wish that sneak peeks of the show could be posted on the official Nick channel instead).

Apparently The Casagrandes will premiere in October. That's strange since an officiel image from Nickelodeon seemed to have putted the airdate in spring.

https://twitter.com/LosCasagrandes/s...13027722686464

That is very late indeed. I was thinking we were looking at an August-something premiere at the very least.

'Cooked!' aired the other day and will post my thouhts as soon as I've watched it, though I am pretty sure this will be another good one; there has yet to be be an subpar double length episode and going by the promos this one doesn't seem like it'll break up that tradition.

I saw it last night and thought it was good too, definitely better than The Loudest Thanksgiving.

Also, the last four episodes of the season air in two weeks

Cooked! was a very good special, though I don't think it's one of my favorites, it's a very satisfying way to end season 3 (in production order, I mean, there are still the remaining episodes that will come in a little more than one week).

I enjoyed the idea of doing a sequel to the events of A Fridge Too Far with Lynn Sr. finally opening his own restaurant, which shows that The Loud House cares about continuity most of the time. The first scenes with Lynn Sr. getting his restaurant are pretty funny (Leni finding the young boy relatable), and then the kids come each one with his own promotional idea. In a The Loud House logic, at first each kid thinks his idea is the best, wants to use it and things start to get wrong until they learn about their mistake and decide to work together, and that was pretty well executed for me. I liked the fact each kid comes up with a pretty clever promotional idea on the paper : Leni and her bingo game for the elder people (nice to see Pop-Pop and Myrtle again), Lisa and her fries, Luan and her birthday song (which reminded me The Emperor's New Groove)... And as usual, when all the siblings are implied in the story, it's always a bonus.

There was a number of funny jokes throughout the episode (loved the tree monsters joke), the double length format is well handled, I enjoyed the return of Kotaro and the Burpin' Burger employee (which is called Grant here, nice shout out to Grant Palmer, I wonder if Collin Dean will also have another character since he reached puberty), and the ending with the interview la Weekend at Bernie's was pretty funny, not to mention I liked they ended the episode in a way that reminded me Anti-social, with a sweet family moment without a joke (except Leni's last line). This is also what makes this show so good : sweet moments between the family. A very good special.

My ranking for all the specials so far : 11 Louds a Leapin' > Tricked! > Really Loud Music > Relative Chaos > The Loudest Thanksgiving > Cooked! > Tripped!

Watched 'Cooked!' and found it really good overall. It wasn't amazing and by default probably one of the weaker full length episodes but I never felt that it had to be more than just a nice, sweet and fun extended story featuring the entire Loud family; that's all what it needed to be, I think.

Really liked how they followed up those plotlines about Lynn Sr. and his love for cooking with him buying a run-down restaurant and refurbishing it with help from his family with the intention of opening his own reastaurant. It was set up well with the reparation and preparation scenes and I liked the conflict of the Loud kids setting out to come up with an restaurant promotion but asplitting up, instead doing one each with Lincoln being the first one to finish his (an amusing commercial made by him and Clyde) which is a success (I really liked the tree monster jokes, though was that an pretty dark one with Lynn S. warning Clyde about the monster especially if he offers him candy. Surprised me that joke like was allowed).

Then the girls showing up one after the other with their own successful promotions that has a lot of crazy promises to the customers which ends up with Lynn Sr. having a breakdown from the stress and the kids and Rita having to work together to save the day. I liked how there were cameos of multiple minor characters (and expanded roles for Grant, the show's own squeaky voiced teen, and Kotaro) and a nice end joke with Lucy being late (didn't really notice she was missing until then) and saying she told the reporter to come for an interview, leading to one of those human marionette puppet jokes before wrapping up with an heartwarming scene with the family at home coming up with new food ideas.

I do think that this should've been aired after the upcoming last four regular episodes, though. It is after all the last episode of the season order-wise and it should've stayed that way.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 02-22-2019 at 09:18 AM.

A sneak peek for Racing Hearts was shown today, and this is absolutely adorable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLAo...youtu.be&t=164

I'm really glad they handle that couple in a natural and realistic way, without making a huge deal about it, just like something that can happen in real life. Also, Sam seems to have a different voice, it looks like Liliana Mumy's (and it would make sense since Mumy had post a scribled picture of a page from Racing Hearts script on her Intsagram).

Looks like a great fun and sweet episode. It's been so long since 'L Is For Love' and it'll be great to see a proper Luna & Sam episode, which does seem to have a lot of dialogue for the latter (speaking of which, unless I'm remembering incorrectly I don't think she spoke at all in her previous couple of appearances).

@CousinMerl, She spoke in her debut in L is for Love where at the end she said "OK, see you guys later!". Jill Talley was the one to give her her line. As for this episode, to me it sounds like either Catherine or Jessica this time (and likely afterwards).

Though this does point out how we've recently had a number of recasts for certain characters as they've been given bigger roles. Benny for example was originally voiced by Jessica but in Stage Plight will be voiced by Richard Hovortiz. And of course the same thing also happened to Margo recently.

@John95, Yeah, she did have one line. It was so brief that I forgot it happened. Anyway, nice to see her get an expanded role (and the new voice seem to be quite good, in fact; it's understandable that they do these recasts when some minor supporting character gets a bigger part).

Speaking of the Netflix movie, got any hopes and wishes, guys? The only thing I'm sure of is that'll be a standalone story from the series so that newcomers can get into it (though I wonder how they would handle the Santiagos seeing as they moved; I hope that they'll find a way for them to be in there somehow).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-02-2019 at 06:29 AM.

Racing Hearts airs tomorrow but the episode it was paired with aired today and as usual ended with showing the casts for both episodes, so we now know the identity of Sam's new VA!

And well, both me and @Wile E. the Brain were both off on our guesses, because it's Alyson Stoner. Though it is ironic that Wilie assumed it was Liliana since both of them played characters in the Cheaper by the Dozen films.

Looks like 'The Write Stuff' is the newest episode and 'Racing Hearts' is up next. Somehow I was thinking the next episodes weren't until next week. Good to have them now, anyway.

By the way, I found out there's been an character showdown poll on the official Loud House instagram page where people could vote for their favorites of the main characters (aside from the parents it seems) with some slider function. Cannot post the screencap I found for the moment but Lincoln came in at 1st place with Luna 2nd, Lucy 3rd and Leni 4th. Thought's @John95 & @Wile E. the Brain?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-05-2019 at 02:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Racing Hearts airs tomorrow but the episode it was paired with aired today and as usual ended with showing the casts for both episodes, so we now know the identity of Sam's new VA!

And well, both me and @Wile E. the Brain were both off on our guesses, because it's Alyson Stoner. Though it is ironic that Wilie assumed it was Liliana since both of them played characters in the Cheaper by the Dozen films.
    Well, I haven't seen those movies, but yeah I knew Liliana Mumy had a role in. To me, Sam really sounded like a deeper version of Leni's voice with her line "I love sailing", that's why I thought it was Mumy.

@CousinMerl, I'm actually surprised Lincoln had the first place. I know he's popular among the fans, but I didn't think he was popular enough to be at first place (though I'm fine with it, I love Lincoln just like I love all of the main characters). I'm glad of Luna and Leni's places, too.

And about the movie, I just hope it will be accessible and satisfying for everyone, the fans and the newcomers. Something at the opposite of the 2002 Hey Arnold ! movie for example, which was useless for the fans (boring script, underutilization of the characters) and hard to follow for the neophytes (the running gags, all the Arnold/Helga stuff).

@Wile E. the Brain, I'm not at all surprised Lincoln won the poll. The main character is often the most popular one overall (just look at Homer), he is a pretty threedimensional and someone the target audience (the young ones) would like the most and find relatable (in fact, these top picks do come across as some of the more relatable characters).

I like how the poll it turned out, perhaps especially with Lucy on the third place (I hear she almost beat Luna, whom I've heard is really popular among kids and not just the older fans and it's easy to understand why).

Finally saw this week's batch of final episodes of the season today and this was a really good bunch overall.

'The Write Stuff' - Feels like forever we got a proper Rita centric episode and this was a great one for sure. Really liked how they brought back the running subplot about her love for writing and having her as the lead in a plot where school writing club (wit Lucy in it) having problems with Principal Huggins being a boring and by the book teacher who holds them back and Rita takes charge as it's new head was a perfect choice. Seeing her taking them on inspirational field trips was a lot of fun and the conflict with Huggins dead set on having the writing lessons all be stiff and boring stuff was good; lots of nice little gags (really liked the bait and switch one where Rita gets this mysterious mustached man to trick the principal), a good ending for both side of the conflict and many relatable moments, maybe especially for writers (including me). It really surprised me with it's quality.

'Racing Hearts' - This was a sweet episode with Luna and Sam. The plot about them competing in the town-wide contest with other couples and discovering things about themselves was enjoyable and presented a lot of neat little moments with the two of. I liked how it was about them discovering that they have almost nothing in common andwonder if they truly are soulmates; this was a gutsy move with the positive reception of the Luna-Sam paiting and how it implied for things to go well but I liked the kinda realistic direction and how it ended on a nice note with them coming to terms with their differences and deciding to find new stuff to like together which was a good message. I also enjoyed the side stuff with Lori and Leni and the end twist regarding the contest was pretty funny. It was maybe a little bit on the repetitive side with the "yeah, this is not really my thing" and a little one note at times but it's just a minor thing as it was otherwise really quite good.

'Stage Plight' - A very cute and great Luan episode. The plot about her signing up for a school rendition of the 'Romeo And Juliet' play as she tries to get close to her crush Benny but bailing out over and over as she has to kiss him as part of the play was a nice one elevated by the pairing, some nice comedic bits and a surprisingly extenside role of Mr. Coconuts as her sidekick (I'd almost say they gave him, a dummy, a bit of character development here, bizarrely enough); the fact that the latter is essentially her best friend shows that she is lonely. I loved her and Benny's scenes and their reconciliation after he quit the play as he mistook her bailing for him bein the problem and the kiss was very sweet and how it faded into the play ending was perfect (not needing to show the on-stage kiss). Also, Mr. Coconuts finding companionship (and love?) with Benny's marionette puppet Mrs. Apple Blossom was amusing; also funny with the end gag of them possibly not being all inanimate. Better than 'Racing Hearts' by a smidgeon.

'Antiqued Off' - Good episode. Lincoln feeling that him and Clyde are drifting apart as the latter is spending so much time with Zach whom shares his love of antiques & second hand stuff as they were gonna go to a magic show was a fine plot but the weakest one. Even with good development of Clyde, a nice conflict and Lincoln's other friends Liam, Rusty and Stella showing up nothing really stood out. Lincoln asking his friends to go to the magic show with him but them lying to avoid having to say no (which they admit when he bumps into them) and the reveal that Clyde never liked magic shows either and went with Lincoln anyway kinda rubbed me the wrong way a little (you're not a bad friend if you are honest and say no; why go somewhere where you'll be bored and unhappy? a true friend would understand). Despite getting kinda downbeat it ended nicely with Lincoln selling his tickets and buy new ones to an antique show to make it up to Clyde.

Your thoughts on the episodes, @John95 & @Wile E. the Brain?
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-11-2019 at 01:30 AM.

Agree about that, it was a really good bunch and I found all of those episodes at least very good.

The Write Stuff was a very nice way to put Rita in the spotlight and giving her a sweet bonding with Lucy. I enjoyed the plot and the fact it reunite Rita and Lucy by their common passion for writing (nice to see that since the jokes about it in House of Lies left a bad taste in my mouth). It has some kind of dorky moments but nothing that left me out of the episode. I enjoyed seeing Haiku as well (by the way, have you ever seen her as expressive as she is in this one ?) and the conflict with Huggins was pretty well handled, it leads to a solid message about inspiration and creativity. The plot also gave me sometimes some Dead Poets Society vibes, which is a nice bonus. And some funny jokes here and there (Huggins very happy about his "above average" grade).

Racing Hearts was my personal favorite of the week and one of my favorite of the season, maybe the top 5. Not only for Luna and Sam, I do really like them together but I always think a ship can't make the episode just by itself, it should have other elements to make the entire thing work, fortunately, this episode really know how to make the couple work. The writing is very solid. I saw some people complaining about the fact Luna and Sam actually have something in common (their music passion), but my theory is that their music passion is what bonded them together, but while they dig to find what they also have in common and discover that there is pretty much nothing aside for music, that overshadow their common passion and that make them worry about the couple, but the baking scene remind them that how discover other things they can share reunite them for the best, so it didn't bother me. Anyway, the episode is filled with sweet moments, the bonding between Luna and Sam feel genuine and never forced, and the ending warmed my heart. I also really enjoyed the idea of a scavanger hunt throughout Royal Woods, that give us the opportunity to explore the town and seeing a lot of characters (I enjoyed the return of the Bluebell Scouts' leader), and it also have some funny moments (Scoots is definitely hilarious and just too bad that the promo spoiled us about Helen). Great episode.

Stage Plight was also excellent. I always enjoy when the writers want to deepen Luan's personality and this episode was a very good way to do so. Another L is for Love sequel that does an amazing job to make the main couple genuine. Luan and Benny have a great bonding and I really like the idea of Luan afraid of the first kiss, it's realistic and remind us that Luan is only a teenager. Also, the fact that she basically only talk with Mr. Coconuts indeed confirms how much Luan is a lonely and, I guess, fragile person behind her happy personality. Mrs. Bernardo is an hilarious character to me, I understand if some people found her annoying but she really made me laugh with her overly dramatic personality (Grey Griffin does an amazing job as usual). And like I said, Luan and Benny have some great scenes (really loved the scene when they have fun together and that leads to Mrs. Bernardo to choose them as Romeo and Juliet). The kiss scene, although a little rushed, is one of the sweetest scene in The Loud House history. I think I prefered Racing Hearts a bit because it goes more straight to the point to me, while Stage Plight dragged a little with the switching scene (though I guess it shows what Luan is ready to do to be with Benny). But it's still an excellent episode. And the last scene with the two dummies seemingly having a life of their own (nice reference to Casablanca) was funny, I loved Lola's reaction, I wonder is it was a call-back to Tea Tale Heart because of the fact she was afraid by a doll in this episode.

And Antiqued Off, surprisingly, was one of the strongest Clincoln McCloud episodes since a while with Jeers for Fears to me. I enjoyed the antiquing idea as someone that pretty like antiquing too (though not as much as Clyde do), I enjoyed the conflict and I enjoyed how it leads to Lincoln figuring out something about his bonding with Clyde. Yeah, I understand the fact that Clyde never liked magic shows but choose to go with Lincoln despite that because he's just a good friend can be confusing, because he could have been simply honest and just saying to Lincoln that he doesn't like magic shows, but I think that shows that Clyde just like being with Lincoln and sharing moments with him (and maybe not wanting to let Lincoln being alone), and I think it's relatable since some people really just want to spend time with their friends even if it's not for an activity that pleases to everyone. And Lincoln also learns that he didn't had to be jealous just because his best friend share an interest with another friend. I also enjoyed Clyde's development here, and Zach's as well even if it feels like he just here to lead to the conflict between Lincoln and Clyde. And the return of "Tucker" was amusing. I think this was a solid episode.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 03-10-2019 at 03:45 PM.

@Wile E. the Brain, I actually forgot about the spoiler in the 'Racing Hearts' promo so the ending came as a surprise to me and as for Ms. Bernardo don't find her is annoying either (she's a fun character and it feels natural for a theater-related character in a show to have an extravagant, larger than life personality; also Grey has a lot of fun hamming it up which is all good by me). She's also of the most memorable secondary characters with just a few appearances to me.

Also, 'Antiqued Off' isn't as disappointin that I made it out to be, I liked the antique stuff and the reveal about Clyde was understandable like you say and for a pure Lincoln-Clyde episode it's one of the better ones, I'd say (though 'Jeers For Fears' is still the better one to me; it was much more fun). By the way, I noticed that while they said antiques in the episode but a lot of the stuff Clyde and Zach had gathered were more like second hand/thrift store stuff (such as an VCR player) but I like that as I do like me some second hand items.

Well, there's not much more I can add that hasn't already been said. Mostly solid grouping of episodes again, though slightly worse as I found Antiqued Off to simply be OK (though still better than some of the other Clincoln McCloud from earlier in the season).

Here are a few other things I'll note:

* While I like Lincoln and all, whoever it was that decided that not every episode needs to have him speaking or even appearing was definitely on to something. It was actually a little refreshing to see him be a non-factor in most of the episodes in a single grouping for once. Ironically, this season was where I thought we would start to see what happened not too long into Season 1 where we have episodes where Lincoln appears, but is sidelined in favor of one of the other characters.
    * I find it ironic that Sam can't dance considering that her current VA Alyson Stoner spent part of her childhood as a dancer (even appearing in music videos for the likes of Missy Elliott, Eminem and Will Smith) and is still a dancer to this day.
    * I felt Racing Hearts was a little bit repetitive with the whole "*Blank* is not really my thing" aspect, but it became a bit of a non-factor the longer I had to think the episode over.
    * I also forgot about the ending to Racing Hears being spoiled in the promo it because the reveal ended up catching me off guard even if it seemed a little obvious in retrospect (Lynn's disguise name being Hel-Lynn for example). This was also a case where I thought her aggressive nature was actually used to her benefit.
    *Stage Plight was produced before Cooked!, and I feel as though Mrs. Bernardo's proper introduction in this episode would've had more of an impact had it aired first instead.
    * The ending to Stage Plight implying that Mr. Coconuts and Mrs. Apple Blossom are sentient didn't surprise at all since they've previously established Luan's original ventriloquist dummy being alive and I was half-expecting them to reveal that the doll in Tea Tale Heart was alive as well. Speaking of that episode, Lola's reaction was funny and felt like a callback to it.

Also I'm glad that @Wile E. the Brain brought up the whole thing with Luan talking to Mr. Coconuts instead of her parents or other siblings. I saw a few people give that flack, but I honestly think that maybe those people are younger and not as savvy because when I was Luan's age I was also pretty lonely and kept issues that she faced in this episode to myself.

With Season 3 now officially over, I'd say that the show continues to improve. Compared to last season, there were only three or four truly bad episodes and there appeared to be more of an effort to have sympathetic portrayals for the siblings who tend to get a bit more heat (Luan, especially Lynn and Lisa to a smaller extent). Here's my pick for five best and worst n no particular order:

Best
    1. Really Loud Music
    2. Fandom Pains
    3. Head Poet's Anxiety
    4. Racing Hearts
    5. Roadie to Nowhere

Worst
    1. Teacher's Union/Absent Minded
    2. Middle Men
    3. What Wood Lincoln Do?
    4. Ruthless People
    5. Fool Me Twice

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Also I'm glad that @Wile E. the Brain brought up the whole thing with Luan talking to Mr. Coconuts instead of her parents or other siblings. I saw a few people give that flack, but I honestly think that maybe those people are younger and not as savvy because when I was Luan's age I was also pretty lonely and kept issues that she faced in this episode to myself.
    I mentioned her loneliness as well and I like that Wile also picked up on it in the episode, as did you.

I'd say Luan's getting more relatable and I think that is great since she really needed some more depth as a previously rather one-dimensional character who has gotten more or less flack as previously talked about, partially with the divided opinions on the April fools episodes so this episode was important for her, as was 'Head Poet's Anxiety'.

Speaking more of her and her mentality, I recently read a fan theory that she has depression and hides behind wall of jokes and puns, pranks and comedic antics which according to the theory would explain the first line of her song in 'Really Loud Music' ("Every now and then I think the world's a scary place, but I remember it looks better with a pie thrown at your face"). Maybe that theory isn't so farfetched now that I think of it?

(Will do a top and a bottom five like you did soon, btw. Feels like that is in order).

Yeah I always thinked that behind her "jokes and puns" facade, Luan is less or more a sad clown, not really ready for the real world. Episodes like No Laughing Matter or Stage Plight (and also that line in Really Loud Music yeah) confirmed that idea to me. But I think the fact she talks to Mr. Coconuts to "solve" some of her problems is a way to say that she can resolve a situation about her by talking to herself. In some way, that shows she can also be a strong character, and she's sometimes able to take some confidence by herself.

@CousinMerl, yeah I still prefer Jeers for Fears too, which was more fun and creative, but Antiqued Off was also solid to me by taking into account it's less ambitious in its story.

I'll also make a top and bottom of the season latter. @John95, you think Middle Men was that bad ? I personally thought it was a very good episode.
    Last edited by Wile E. the Brain; 03-11-2019 at 01:37 PM.

I'll have to side with @Wile E. the Brain on that. 'Middle Men' was an pretty good episode to me. It was not great but far from being bad (the Lynn stuff was legitimately good and added dimension to the character and her insecurities that she covers up by being brash, aggressive and bully-like). I can see why some would dislike it with the trouble with the middle schoolers that Lincoln and Clyde end up in due to following Lynn's pointers before the slightly jarring end twist with the reveal of  that they weren't in any danger .

Quote Originally Posted by Wile E. the Brain View Post
    I enjoyed seeing Haiku as well (by the way, have you ever seen her as expressive as she is in this one ?)
    Forgot to answer this. Sorry.

Yeah, she really emoted quite a bit in this one which was surprising but something I really liked. She's a neat character who deserve more screentime (in fact, I'd love more of Lucy's group of friends and aquaintances in the future, including the new ones for this episode).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-11-2019 at 02:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Yeah, she really emoted quite a bit in this one which was surprising but something I really liked. She's a neat character who deserve more screentime (in fact, I'd love more of Lucy's group of friends and aquaintances in the future, including the new ones for this episode).
    I agree. Nice to see Haiku having a more consequent speaking role after her short appearance in Fandom Pains and her non-speaking cameo in Friendzy. I wish they could do the same with some other minor characters, like Darcy after two cameos in this season (I didn't talked about it but I liked her cameo in Racing Hearts with Lisa, though it's a bit surprising to imagine a little child like her in a laser maze).

New (and I guess official) logo for The Casagrandes.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1k7GJLU0AAMOsQ.jpg

It's certainly different from the old one (which looked more like the Loud House logo) but I like it.

On another note, any guesses for when season 4 will start? Later this spring or will there be an hiatus until fall?

I like it too. It's more recognizable (good thing to distinct this show from the other), and it's colorful.

I don't know. Maybe they will do like season 2 to 3 and leaving just a little interval between season 3 and 4, something like two months. It would be nice, and not so long for a hiatus between two seasons. I just hope they won't wait until the beginning of The Casagrandes, since the first episodes of season 4 are supposed to lead to the spin-off.

Thread Information