Page 9 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: The Loud House

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

I was expecting a new season since Nick still has faith in the show, but I didn't expect a spin-off. I hope Los Casagrande will be enjoyable since a few spin-off series had been noticeably inferior to their processors.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

So the latest episode (Net Gains) was pretty good and enjoyable. Lynn was portrayed in an surprisingly likeable and sympathetic way, looking out for the basketball team she ended up in even when initially doing the job for the entire team by doing all the slam dunking (it's rare for her since often she comes off as kind of an rude and arrogant bully) and the ending was nice with her letting the entire team be a part of the match no matter the outcome. There were some nice gags though the cynical, depressed sports commentator was the most amusing.

Also, I think this was the first episode with no physical appearance from Lincoln so that's a first.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 03-12-2018 at 12:32 AM.

Yeah, unlike with Legends I didn't have a problem with them losing here.
    Family Guy Season 18 Ratings - Yacht Rocky: 1.5/5 Bri-Da: 2.5/5 Absolutely Babulous: 1.5/5 Disney's The Reboot: 1.5/5 Cat Fight: 1.5/5 Peter & Lois' Wedding: .5/5 Heart Burn: TBD Shanksgiving: TBD
    American Dad! Season 15 Ratings - Fantasy Baseball: 1.5/5 I Am the Jeans: The Gina Lavetti Story: 0/5 Stan & Francine & Connie & Ted: 0/5 Rabbit Ears: 1.5/5 Jeff and the Dank Ass Weed Factory: 1/5 Lost Boys: 0/5 Shark?!: 1/5 The Long March: 2/5 The Hall Monitor and the Lunch Lady: 0/5 Wild Women Do: 2/5 An Irish Goodbye: 3/5 Stompe le Monde: 0/5 Mom Sauce: 0/5 Hamerican Dad!: 0/5 Demolition Daddy: 0/5 Pride Before the Fail: .5/5 Enter Stanman: 0/5 No Weddings and a Funeral: 0/5 Eight Fires: 1.5/5 The Hand That Rocks the Rogu: 0/5 Downtown: TBD Cheek to Cheek: A Stripper's Story: TBD

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Yeah, unlike with Legends I didn't have a problem with them losing here.
    This was definitely Legends done right (and you found the rest of the episode good, I assume?)

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

@CousinMerl, Yes, yes I did. Easily Lynn's best episode.

I've also noticed that there's an episode airing on my birthday (March 30th) called Fandom Pains. Normally, I have crap luck when it comes to new episodes of shows that I like coming out either on or around my birthday since the episodes in question turn out to be really terrible most of the time (American Dad!'s The Shrink being the prime example which aired on my 20th and is easily the worst episode I've seen of any TV series!), but from the description this one might be an exception.

@John95, All the upcoming episodes sounds good to me, not just 'Fandom Pains'. The most intriguing one sounds like 'Rita Her Rights', especially with the title card showing Lincoln in an prison visiting room looking to the other side of the glass (might this be an 'Marge In Chains' type episode, maybe?).

@CousinMerl, The rest sound good too. I just wanted to point out how one of them is airing on my birthday and how it might be the exception to the standard "Any new episode that airs on my birthday is crap" rule that happens way too often for me. Unfortunately, I always end up having to watch these online so I more than likely won't even see it until the next day.

There's a pic showing Rita in a safety vest which seems to hint that she's being forced to do community service by cleaning trash along the highway or something.

While 'Net Gains' was pretty good, the last episode 'Pipe Dreams' was better as it was funnier. The plot was pretty amusing overall and I think it was the best one with the parents as the leads (I sort of wish they would have found a way to keep the second bathroom for the continuation of the show, but the explanation why that couldn't happen was a good reason for going back to the status quo).

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: John95

So apparently even though it was previously said we were gonna get episodes all this month, there won't be one this week sadly...

It's too bad but at least it's only a week before it comes back, unless they plan to have longer hiatuses in store.

Speaking of the current scheduling, how do you feel about it? The one episode a week schedule works fine to me, but I think I'd like it better if it was a full 22 minutes each or every other week better, though I'm unsure of how many new episodes they have for their disposal so that they don't run out of them too soon.

@CousinMerl, Yeah, same here. I'd much rather it be a full 22 minute block than one 11 minute segment a week. Though at least it's a little better than one new segment every weekday which is a format that I've never cared much for when they originally started doing that back in 2007 I believe with SpongeBob. And I suppose doing it like this prevents a possible long hiatus.

By the way, I'm not sure if you've noticed but many of the voice actors on this show (main, supporting or minor) are all part of what I refer to as the Nicktoons Alumni meaning that they've been providing voices for the channel since as far back as the beginning (this season for example has had appearances by Kath Soucie and Cree Summer both of whom were on Rugrats). Are there any VA's that you'd like to see in a future episode? I myself would like to see appearances by Tara Strong and Candi Milo, and one by Tom Kenny wouldn't hurt either since his wife is already voicing Rita.

I'm not immensly knowledged when it comes to VAs but it would be nice if they brought some more ones aboard. For one thing I would like to see more Futurama stars such as Billy West and Lauren Tom (they have John DiMaggio and Phil LaMarr already so I don't see why not) and some from The Simpsons would be neat-o as well (perhaps Dan Castellaneta and Hank Azaria).

I also think Jim Cummings and Steve Blum would be good to hear as well (speaking of which, I think they should bring in some of the others from the Star Wars Rebels cast too since that show had some really good voice acting; looking at the wiki they have Dee Bradley Baker and Vanessa Marshall already so it's a good start).

Speaking of the upcoming episodes, we might not get 'Fandom Pains' this week but there's an early preview clip:

@CousinMerl, I wouldn't mind seeing any of those names you mentioned, especially Lauren Tom who I haven't seen in anything current outside of TTG!.

Yep, Dee for the most part provides the animal noises (that aren't stock ones) but he did voice Olmec in Legends which is a role he reprised from the original Legends of the Hidden Temple. And Vanessa so far has only appeared in Back Out There as Tina and that one waitress. If only that episode had Grey Griffin though at one point in order to make it more like a semi-Billy & Mandy reunion since Richard Horvitz also appeared here.

Well the episode already looks promising just based on that clip. I like how Tristin is clearly based on the type of character that gets thrown into a series because of studio interference in order to "liven things up" but ultimately just ends up diminishing the quality of it.

I've also heard that supposedly Haiku will be making an appearance as well.

'Fandom Pains' was really good. Lucy is one of my favorites on the show as previously stated and here she got another nice episode; her trying to turn Lori and Leni off the Vampires show was amusing and I liked that we got to see all her goth-y friends and not just Haiku (I think my favorite of the background characters is the tall, lanky Nosferatu guy whom I'm not quite sure is an adult or not). The segments from the show within a show were pretty funny and the ending was nicely heartwarming. A solid episode. Your opinion on it, @John95?

(By the way, I think it's wierd that Savino said that Luna is the closest to Lincoln when it to me always seemed like it was Lucy. She more often seem to get along really well with him and his bond with her seem much stronger than the one with pretty much any of the other sisters.)
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 04-04-2018 at 10:20 AM.

@CousinMerl, I thought it was good too. Not great or anything, but amazing as my birthday episode especially when compared to the shit that's aired either on or around my previous birthdays (such as Total Drama's The Enchanted Franken-Forest for 2012, Family Guy's Secondhand Spoke for 2014 and especially American Dad!'s The Shrink for 2015)

Episodes are airing all through this month starting with Rita Her Rights which was originally supposed to air last month, but better late then never,

Rita Her Rights (4/6)
    After racking up tickets, Mom finds it more relaxing to perform community service than being at home.
    Teacher's Union (4/13)
    To try and make gym class better, Lincoln and Clyde set Coach Pacowski and Mrs. Johnson up.
    Head Poet's Anxiety (4/20)
    Luan teaches Lucy how to manage the ups and downs of pursuing a life in the arts.
    The last one for this month is The Mad Scientist (4/27) but there's no synopsis for it yet.

Good to see that the new episodes will be spread out through April; the last time saw the scheduling, which I suppose was a preliminary thing, they were lumped together towards the end of the month (which made me kinda disappointed) so color me positively surprised.

Rita Her Rights was pretty good. I believe this is the first real episode to be centered around her since A Novel Idea and since they decided to retire the running joke of her and Mr. Loud's faces being covered up.

Minor random thing I want to mention though is Lana barfing on Rita not as a complaint but because I believe this is the first time I've seen actual on-screen puking in an animated series that not only wasn't anything adult related or one of the Fresh TV shows (Total Drama, 6teen, Stoked, etc.) but in a series rated lower than TV-PG.

@John95, I really liked 'Rita Her Rights' too (and I liked how the title card was true to the episode and not an exaggeration). I've been hoping for a Rita-centric episode (especially after 'A Novel Idea', which was really a Lincoln episode) and this one was satisfying, fun and enjoyable with a good story and gags; I think she has now been proven to be a very fun character who can work just as the lead just as well as her husband and the kids.

As for the puke bit (which I wasn't bothered by at all), this wasn't the first time it has been depicted on the show (in 'Changing The Baby', Lincoln accidentally made Lily nauseous and caused her to vomit) & I don't think this is the only TV-G or lower show to show puking (haven't really watched many, especially those that contain grossout humor, which this show has surprisingly little of), but a character directly throwing up onto another feels seem like somthing of a rarity in shows lower than PG.

@CousinMerl, Yeah, that's why it stood out to me (and I also had no problem with it) because I haven't ever seen actual on-screen puking in a show lower than PG before. And I actually forgot about it happening in Changing the Baby as I've only watched that episode like once or twice. And last I checked, the show is TV-Y7.

By the way, off-topic but did you see me mention in the Gravity Falls thread about the show getting a complete series DVD release later this year?

Blog Entries

dude if he wanted to check out gravity falls he would check out the gravity falls thread
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

New episode today (Teacher's Union).

I was thinking of how Clyde has barely been in this season so far (just a brief role in the rabbit episode and a cameo in another) and with all the negative response the character has gotten and all I am wondering if this is intentional (and if they might be phasing him out or just shrinking his role down) or if it's unintentional and just a coincidence.

@CousinMerl, It's probably unintentional but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing less of him and I don't think they're gonna phase him out because I don't think they'd replace his voice after his old one went through puberty if they did.

And speaking of the change in Clyde's voice, the version of Teachers' Union that I saw included the credits for the next episode Head's Poet's Anxiety and revealed that it'll be the first one to air at least with Andre Robinson as Clyde.

As for Teachers' Union... Eh. Nice to give focus to a secondary character like Coach Pacowski, but I thought that his overall characterization this time was pretty cruel and a drastic departure from how he was in Out of the Picture (I could relate to his frustration in that one over having to work on an outdated PC since when I was in high school there were some computers that I swear ran on Windows 95!).

Also, The Mad Scientist now has a synopsis:
    When Lisa gets invited to work at a prestigious science institute, she sees it as an opportunity to get away from her crazy and crowded family life.

@John95, I don't think Clyde will be phased out either and that's all good (since i think he does make a good sidekick for Lincoln), but I did actually find him having had just a few appearances so far this season interesting (as I belive that up to this point in the previous seasons he'd already been in several episodes).

'Teacher's Union' was fairly OK to me. Not really that of a good episode but I liked to get another school episode, the plot was entertaining and it had it's moments (Lori giving Lincoln advice and thinking it's for him even though he tells her it's not was funny and i'm positively surprised that they passed on the easy chance to have Clyde gush about her), though what did bring it down a little for me was that Coach Pacowski and even Agnes Johnson (for a little bit) seemed really off and almost Flanderized to an extent if going by their previous portrayals.

I can buy Pacowski being a hardass with his teaching methods (he's like the character Coach Krupt on The Simpsons should have been, not one-dimensional and actually amusing), but even with this being a cartoon, him chasing Linc & Clyde to kick their asses for unsuccessfully trying to do something nice for him (and getting something out of it) crossed the line and made him look like a jerkass & Agnes taking out her disappointed bitterness over her bad date on the class (even though her fawning over the janitor made her drop it) didn't feel natural.

Other than that it was, as said, fine I guess and I did like how it ended well for those involved (even the Coach with his anger issues) and that "Here we go again ending" was nice, but 'Out Of The Picture' was superior. Hoping the next one will be better.

As far as the upcoming episodes go, if true, the show will go back to a full week at the end of this month:

https://twitter.com/nickandmore/stat...63027899506689
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 04-16-2018 at 05:25 AM.

@CousinMerl, And supposedly the next two episodes are being delayed until then as a result.

Allegedly, the show's been doing pretty bad ratings wise during their Friday night premieres (as well as Nick's other shows that night) while the week of premieres tend to fare far better.

The upcoming week of premieres has been delayed until May 7th.

Moved once again? Well, that's disappointing news. Has a reason been stated?

Not that I'm aware of.

Whatever the reason might be I hope the 7/5 date is set.

Speaking of the next episode, Head Poets Anxiety, I came across a bunch of screenshots from it (possibly taken from a leak?) and I'm wondering (and hoping) if there will be some character development for Luan. She's still one of the most one-note main characters and could gain a lot from being fleshed out and get some depth.

@CousinMerl, Yeah, that episode got released early onto Amazon by accident (just like Future Tense) due to the episode it was paired up with (Teacher's Union). Unfortunately, the version of it that I saw was horribly out of sync (the visuals were off by at least a good 30 seconds) but I can verify that yes this episode does give Luan some much needed depth and development.

Also, the movie has apparently been put on hold for now in favor of a 3rd SpongeBob film.

Quote Originally Posted by John95 View Post
    Also, the movie has apparently been put on hold for now in favor of a 3rd SpongeBob film.
    Really? It's still 2 years away and they delay it for this reason (though I think I saw the tweet where Kevin Sullivan confirmed this for a fan who asked for any updates, but I must have missed the part that Paramount doesn't want it right now)?

Oh well. I'm not too suprised since SB is still pushed hard, not unlike a certain show about a yellow family (and this decision not nearly as dumb as Dreamworks cancelling The Croods 2 well into production, though that movie seem to be back on track now) & I guess one reason for the delay might be the Savino thing, though in that case this decision came pretty late. At least the TLH crew will get some more time to prepare and develop their movie now to make it worthwhile (and put more effort into the show and the spin-off).

Hopefully they don't wait too long or it'll end up like the Angry Birds movie which came several years too late.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 04-27-2018 at 09:28 AM.

Thread Information