Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Finding Dory

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Finding Dory

Next only to Incredibles 2, this has to be one of the most anticipated animated sequels in quite some time, for reasons I'm not entirely sure of? Ellen DeGeneres and her fans I guess.

I like Finding Nemo, but it's not high on my Pixar list. I don't think it warranted a sequel but the story looks decent enough. The opener definitely guarantees some maudlin stuff, which is expected, and also as expected the rest of the teaser is just three rehashed "Dory doesn't remember stuff too good" jokes that sound like outtakes from the first movie.

Not holding that against this movie at all, because, again, that's the expected target Disney is trying to hit with the teaser. Kind of like the "Inside Out" teaser making people nostalgic for original Pixar movies coming back more than anything else. I'm remaining optimistic that the first full trailer will show a pretty darn good looking film.

(although the updated undersea backgrounds are kind of underwhelming when you think about the time gap and how far tech has evolved, but whatever)
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Jokewise, it might work.
    But the story... doesn't seem that interesting at all.
    "Oh no, how will Dory find her family?????"

Meh.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 03-04-2016 at 08:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

"How will Marlin find his son?????"

...yeah, what a blase plot. Totally uninteresting. No way it'll do well and spawn a sequel. It's like I can't even fathom the idea of execution.

Blog Entries

ever since I first saw finding nemo I've loved it and it's probably at the top of my Pixar list to be honest.

pretty excited for this. humor-wise I'm not worried, but who knows about the plot

Blog Entries

Ryan, you henhead! You don't get my point.
    I'm saying it's bad idea for a sequel to this particular movie, not a bad idea in general.
    Last edited by OldSchoolerSimpsons; 03-04-2016 at 08:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsgiving View Post
    Ryan, you henhead!
    this is where I should've stopped reading but I did anyways and sure enough, I regretted trying to even attempt to comprehend it

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsgiving View Post
    Ryan, you henhead! You don't get my point.
    I'm saying it's bad idea for a sequel to this particular movie, not a bad idea in general.
    but why? it's obviously connected to the original and seems like a natural plot

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

we aren't smart enough to understand. clearly the movie had to be about umm... nemo... and umm... marlin... who have... umm... new unresolved issues

also lol panther, good to have you back

*RIP Marcia Wallace* TriforceBun's Avatar

I mostly agree with the original post. Finding Nemo is a very solid film, but it's kind of around the middle/lower end of my Pixar rankings. I'm open to a sequel and I expect it to be on the same level as Monsters University--entertaining and creative enough, but not quite magical. We'll see.

The trailer looks decent. I'm okay with the more sentimental tone, since relatively few animated movies tend to go that route with their trailers. They're almost entirely comedy-based.
    My Nintendo webcomic,

Tie me up anytime Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    we aren't smart enough to understand. clearly the movie had to be about umm... nemo... and umm... marlin... who have... umm... new unresolved issues

also lol panther, good to have you back
    Thanks Ryan! I thought I might be able to post here again despite your presence.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Always enjoy a good round of horrible people calling each other out.

Anyway, trailer was meh. I'm sure the movie will be decent, and may get more attention when more plot info is revealed. Hope Dory's memory joke doesn't get used too much outside of the trailer. Joke was done fine enough in the first film, hope they don't run it into the ground with this one.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Still waiting for Incredibles 2...

Liked Nemo a lot (though rewatches get less and less exciting) so I'll definitely check this out. Dory was such a cute character and Degeneres did a great job. Wasn't exactly clamoring to see her again but I'd love for Dory to find her family, and it'll just be neat to see her interacting with Marlin again as well as Nemo.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

Blog Entries

i just want to know if those fish at the end of the movie ever got out of those bags.

Not very curious or enthusiastic for this film.. which is a first for me for a Pixar movie, well that and Planes 2

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gobblegod View Post
    Not very curious or enthusiastic for this film.. which is a first for me for a Pixar movie, well that and Planes 2
    You mean Cars 2 (Planes was never a Pixar movie).

For me, I'm rather skeptical of The Good Dinosaur since it looked a bit too Dreamworks-ish in its style, and the design for the main dinosaur seems too uncreative for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suomynona View Post
    You mean Cars 2 (Planes was never a Pixar movie)
    I liked all the Cars movies.. and I thought Planes was in/shared the cars universe?

P.S. .. Digging your Immortan avatar.. so shiny!.. so chrome!

Do not my friends become addicted to Pixar movies.. because you will resent ..something something ect ect
    Last edited by Gatorgod; 11-10-2015 at 08:32 PM.

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i loved nemo but i thought this was a shit trailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Blog Entries

to be fair, the original finding nemo had some godawful trailers

Wow, that trailer did not sell me on this film at all. I'm not expecting much from this.

CG Rigger/Freelance Designer Robotics's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Yeah. Most animated teasers are released during production, so there's a good chance they are using test clips or the earliest completed footages for the teaser. Someone (nicely) made a compilation of all the Pixar teaser trailers and you'll notice a lot of clips that are irrelevant to the actual plot, simply because they are basically animation tests. I can't really blame the marketing department for making these trailers since they're only working with what they have.

Blog Entries

new trailer:

honestly, that didn't do much for me. I'm still looking forward to it though, of course

Blog Entries

saw that at zootopia

see zootopia

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

this is all just speculation at this point but... kinda looks Exactly like the first one just with dory in nemo's role

Blog Entries

the octopus at the end in the disposal was kinda funny. everything else was meh. not really a fan of finding nemo either so...

Blog Entries

the trailer is decent but it seems a little too samey for my liking. i'm hoping the movie isn't just chock full of dory jokes from the first that have been recycled, but we'll see in due time. i'm really looking forward to this otherwise.
    Last edited by pax; 03-04-2016 at 09:07 PM.

Stonecutter
    Blog Entries

I actually think this looks pretty good and it could be one of the better sequels that Pixar has spawned. I'm probably more optimistic about this than some people is because Finding Nemo is my favorite animated movie of all time and as a kid I would talk about wanting a sequel to this movie quite a bit, so it looks like my inner child's wish is coming true. I'm not expecting this to be anywhere near as good as the first one, but I think it will be good in it's own right. Also this is just a nitpick, but does anyone else think that Crush's voice sounds a bit off?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerkass Homer View Post
    I guess this is the same Nicholson who did Joker in the Batman 1989 movie.

Blog Entries

Both trailers have not been very good. That said, it probably won't be terrible. It could be decent or maybe even good. The trailer really makes it looks like Finding Nemo 2: Finding Dory though with them basically saying it's the same story but with Dory, which I don't like. I've also heard the Fish Tank crew will be back, which is nice but makes it sound even more like pretty much a carbon copy.

Hell, I remember talking about "Finding Dory" as a joke when I was younger. There was no way I ever thought that would come to fruition for real.

I'm still not stoked for this movie, I'm sick to death of great movies getting sudden sequels. Toy Story 4 is in the making as well. Come on Pixar, make an original movie I want to see! (Which is not The Good Dinosaur, never cared to go see it)

Blog Entries

it literally is FINDING NEMO 2: FINDING DORY u Daft Punk

31. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

What if I were to tell you, OSS, that they made another original film last year as well that was one of the highest grossing films last year? Or that Pixar is doing an original film next year?

As for this... yeah it's pseudo-rehash but I'll wait and see.

Thread Information