View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - And Then There Were Fewer

3 23.08%
  • 4/5 - Stewie B. Goode

4 30.77%
  • 3/5 - *Pretend there's enough Tom Tucker episodes to fill this gap*

1 7.69%
  • 2/5 - Mother Tucker

4 30.77%
  • 1/5 - Tom Tucker: The Man and His Dream

1 7.69%

Thread: R&R - Family Guy - "The New Adventures of Old Tom"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R - Family Guy - "The New Adventures of Old Tom"

Original Air Date: May 8th, 2016

Peter gets lost in the mall overnight after his family abandons him. Meanwhile, Brian pretends to be a millionaire to win over a girl.
    R&R after it airs!
    How to remaster

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Main plot had its merits, although I think the callback to the train (when Peter fell over while talking to Tom) felt out of place. Subplot was terrible, especially the way it ended - and why do I have the feeling there's a "bonus scene" on the DVD that shows what happens inside the jewelry store?

And how many people would rate it 5/5 for no other reason than No Meg?

I dont have to like this show to watch it, I just like having animated shows on my set as opposed to live shows.. and watching sunday programs live on air date.. you keep it on one channel so you dont miss the next show your waiting for that follows after it.. thats pretty much my entire review for all FamGuy eps.

Blog Entries

not the worst. shirt.gov joke was probably the best, and the voice one was actually pretty clever. remember nothing about the subplot except stewie's "you are loved". which is uh probably for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

Super solid stuff. Found myself laughing at so many gags in this one, both plots were decent and the only stuff I can say I didn't care for was the bear mauling Peter, and even that was followed up with the Russian prank show stuff to make up for the unpleasant gore. 4.5/5

Also of note, Donna had lines in this episode but Cleveland didn't.

“Pretension” by Calvin Klein ataeaf's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I randomly watched a rerun and I liked it more than the recent Simpons episodes. I need to watch this show more often.

I actually liked the subplot for the record, precisely because of how stupid it was. I really hope that they don’t actually show Chris diarrhea-ing on everyone in the jewelry store on the DVD version... or worse, on the Adult Swim and even TBS versions (ŕ la 80s music puns vs. “I would eat your poo” in Meet the Quagmires).
    Last edited by ataeaf; 05-14-2016 at 02:33 PM.
    ah (as in apple)-tuh-eef

Joe Swanson ©tormented OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

As much as I like to watch the show uncensored, some changes have been very disappointing. The "I would eat your poo" line is AWFUL, the first line is way funnier just because of how funnily ridiculous it is. The worst change is the "short summers" joke being replaced with an absurd sex joke with eskimos that they rehashed later on anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Junior Camper

Really enjoyed this episode. Stewie's sex protest and some of Peter's lines in the mall were particularly good. I also liked the montage video of Tom Tucker and Peter's skateboarding, and how they showed the 'bloopers' during the credits as well like all those videos do. Excellent episode and felt like a return to the Family Guy of old. 10/10
    Family Guy Season 18: Yacht Rocky 3/5, Bri-Da 2.5/5, Absolutely Babulous 3/5, Disney's The Reboot 4/5, Cat Fight 3.5/5, Peter and Lois' Wedding 4/5

Thread Information