Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's The Biggest Organism You'd Kill?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

What's The Biggest Organism You'd Kill?

We all feel comfortable stepping on ants, other insects such as beetles and moths. But at what point do you feel guilt for harming another creature? At point do you start taking a insects/animals pain into consideration? Me personally I would never kill anything other than an insect, some people feel comfortable with taking the lives of mammals, I know I wouldn't. What about you good folk here?
    :gatorpee:

Maybe a rat. If it attacks me. At least any non human is ok for me to kill.

Blog Entries

im at the point that I get super bummed if I hurt an insect or see anyone else do so. why are they less worthy of life!

ill stomp a cockroach to death tho. dont tell them I said that tho, they'll come for me

Blog Entries

Probably whatever the biggest bacteria/virus is.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Blog Entries

That thing in Egg's av

Hired Goon

Donald Trump, or failing that, the thing living atop his head

Actual answer: mosquitos or spiders, I guess. I still feel bad killing them, and I always try to remove them first. If that isn't possible, and my sanity hinges upon their existence in my apartment, die they must. I at least try to kill them quickly and painlessly.

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: FrattusEx, kes

Blog Entries

in accordance with forum rules I'm going to have to ask that everybody that said they would kill something in this thread get permanently banned

Blog Entries

i don't want to sound like a monster, whenever i've killed an insect before i've always felt a bit of guilt as i stare at the black smudge on the foor. it's a bit depressing watching a moth struggle for air as you spray deadly chemicals in it's face too.

i really feel bad about this, i need someone to come in and say they kill dolphins all the time with harpoons to make me feel ok

10. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

dont kill moths wtf ur a monster

Blog Entries

ah shit

thought my moth killing habits were normal

Blog Entries

cockroaches or mosquitos, those bastards

Blog Entries

Am I the weird one here? I'd behead my pets in an instant if they were suffering too much for it to be humane to take them to a vet to essentially pay for execution. You definitely know when an animal is in mortal pain; I mean failed roadkill pain. In the event of an imminent nuclear strike I'd murder my granny who grew up in the war and has severe dementia - the breakdown of society would involve no care for her, and plus it'd be needlessly terrifying. I've frickin' thought about these things. But maybe that's what happens when you have to take your father off life support as a minor. *shrug*

Originally read title as orgasms: I could kill an orgasm of any size.
    "Because you watched House, we think you'll enjoy... Fuller House."

Party time... excellent...

Clupid bloropope Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Black View Post
    We all feel comfortable stepping on ants, other insects such as beetles and moths.
    We do? Excuse me? I'm sorry, I'm not sadistic like you. I don't kill anything unless it's going to harm me, and even then I feel extremely guily. I either leave these critters alone or put them outside, and if you don't, you're a monster.
    Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Die, roaches.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We all feel comfortable stepping on ants, other insects such as beetles and moths.
    NO.

I try to never kill an organism. Beetles and ants are not the least bit harmful, so that's just stupid. And if I see a fly or spider come into my room, I just make sure to catch it and then let it out of the window. Killing really isn't a neccessary resort.
    I could even have a bee in my room and I would still not smash it. I just can't do it, I would feel guilty as hell.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

I also try to never kill an organism.

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Good to hear we got so many vegans on the NHC

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog, Nitsy

SuperFriend Rembrandt Q. Einstein's Avatar

I wouldn't kill any. And I'm a vegetarian.

Blog Entries

I really look up to vegetarians. I wish I could be one, but I have way too many food sensitivities.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

I will kill anything as big as a spider or a bed bug. Never had to test myself with roaches. I WANT to kill centipedes and millipedes when they are big and gross, but they are too big for me to be able to.

I feel guilty about killing spiders because what if I am killing Charlotte?

Blog Entries

I just don't get it. The only reason people give for killing things like cockroaches is that they're "gross." So if something's gross, that means it's all right to end its life? I'm absolutely flummoxed by this line of thinking.

Blog Entries

well cockroaches and mosquitoes and other Icky Bugs are actually pests that can be harmful to humans

Roaches carry diseases and get into things like food and other shit they aren't supposed to be in. Like my house. I had one stuck in my ear clawing at my ear drum once.

Until you deal with a life long severe roach infestation in your house, don't grumble to me about how hard I'm gonna stomp those things.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

a whiz with cold drinks Frightenin' Mate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i'll only kill insects if they're in my house because the idea of one crawling on me makes me extremely uneasy and i don't eawant to take any risks. if it's feasible i'll take it outside. i have no remorse killing mosquitoes at any time though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Personally kill with my own hands probably nothing more than a bug. I've swatted crane flies and mosquitoes and such. I'm too scared to kill spiders, though -_- If there's a big one around, I'll get someone else to get it for me (either take it outside or kill it or whatever). It's hard to picture myself hunting, but I'm not opposed to it, given how much of a non-vegan I am. Obviously since I have no problem eating animals who've been killed for food, I should be willing to do it myself, but if the choice was kill all meat personally or become a vegetarian, I'd probably just become a vegetarian.

I did set out rat traps once because rats were getting into my car's engine and chewing on wires.
    Get woke, go broke

Blog Entries

i'd kill a big old tub of yogurt. lots of organisms in there.

don't really kill many bugs, got a cat for that. she's rather effective at getting spiders and moths and such. and flies, she's really good at catching and eating flies.

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

My cat brings me the head of mice >.>

In all honesty while it wouldn't be on purpose, I like to fish so there's that chance I may accidentally kill one even if it's catch and release. Whether you go barbless or not, you're still yanking the fish out of the stuff they need to be in to live and doing damage with a hook of some sort.

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

Not really. I'll never get why people feel the urge to STEP on bugs that don't get in your way. like..getting bug guts everywhere is probably way more icky than just letting them go on their way.

Pests like mosquitoes and cockroaches can go extinct though.

36. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Blog Entries

don't forget fuckin fleas. ugh, can't even glance at a picture of em for a second without gettin squeamish.

38. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Raised in farm country (off & on) we'd make friends of the pigs, lambs, and chickens we were assigned to take care of.. The grown ups seemed to relish the day they thought you were old enough to take part in harvesting your corn fed friends.. I took no joy in it, .. eventually just learned to turn off my heart & conscious and do the task at hand.. We had to know where the food & money came from, otherwise your considered useless.

I knew this farmer couple a few miles away me, my brother & sister would bike over to visit.. they were chicken farmers, raised and killed chickens constantly,.. yet they had one big hen they kept as a pet in the house,.. loved it immensely, it was their baby, in all the family Christmas photos.. wept sorrowfully for days after it eventually died.. and yet they could go from giving this much loved bird a kiss good morning and go out and harvest its kin ,, easily switching between love & work

I picked up on the human ability to balance/multi-task ones emotional state on a farm.. I was taught how to harvest meat-pen rabbits.. yet years later I was horribly crippled with grief for the longest time when my best'est bunny friend ever passed on.. who slept by my side, alerted me to a fire, thus saving my life,.. so smart, so very very missed,
    Thankfully I'm now far away from that farming life.. I still take with me the knowledge of how to make my own dinner in case i would somehow be stranded in the wilderness, or society broke down.. but i highly doubt it and dont even dwell on it.

40. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kes

Thread Information