Thread: About the later seasons of Spongebob... (Post Season 4)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

About the later seasons of Spongebob... (Post Season 4)

So I was at one of the posts at NHC about "Top 3 Best and Worst Simpsons Episodes", I made reply about my top 3 best and worst Simps. episodes, I have also went "a little bit off-topic" about the *ahem* "shittiness" about the later seasons of Spongebob... Here is a quote of me from the thread:

I know most of you are saying the worsts are "Every Man's Dream", "Lisa Goes Gaga" and idk the rest.. But in other words, sorry if I drag the discussion off-topic but, In my opinion, I would say that the worst Simps. episodes are better than the new seasons of Spongebob.
    Why? Don't get me started... Ever since the show drastically changed after their first movie, noticeably since "Fear Of A Krabby Patty"... Everything about the show started to go downhill. And seriously... The fu*k bruh..
    If you recall, there were episodes (post Season 4) that were absolutely disturbing, and gross (If you know what I mean).

So yeah, pretty much every episode of SB has a terrible plot, and include WTF moments (in my opinion; I haven't watched SB since 2010). Worse than the worst Simpies episode out there in general. But besides, I like Seasons 1 - 3, because they were actually funny, and had a good plot, compared to Season 4 and beyond (I don't know about the newest seasons).

Sorry not sorry, but seriously... What the fudge is up with the people at SB?! I am not trying to do any protesting, start a hate crime, or do any other shenanigans. But for real, as a kid back then, I knew that the newer episodes of SB started to suck a$$ for real... Sorry not sorry... The people at Simpsons had better thinking and thoughts than the people at SB!
    Anyway, Do you guys think that episodes in Spongebob during Season 4 and after were pretty "fudged up", The plots made no sense, it wasn't funny, it had more disturbing than actual funny plots. I remember watching the show long ago, and I have realized that the show started to suck arse. Like I said in the quote, I haven't watched the show since 2010, so I have no clue if the episodes got better, or worse (probably worse in my opinion).

Idk who deals with the episode plots or scripts, etc. but da fudge man... I am not trying to bring a hate message to the people of SB, but I think the show should either change back to what the show used to be like before Season 4, or if the show should just end.

I'm sorry if my explanation seems to sound a little to harsh, but back when I was a kid, some of the disturbing close ups started to scare the sh*t out of me, no joke. That could be just me, but who knows...

Anyway, if you have anything to say about the later seasons of SB, this is the thread for you!
    Thanks
    Yeah, my comments are awful...

Blog Entries

You can swear on here, you know

Quote Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
    You can swear on here, you know
    Meh, I could have, but I just wanted to be a little less harsh on that, but thanks for the heads up!

Blog Entries

lol sick OSS thumb on that swearing related post

Can anyone describe this?

I have also found a review of one of the worst SB episode (as of 2013; and no I have not this episdoe or any of the episodes after 2009 since I stopped watching the show back in 2009-2010), It talks about the episode, and also the later seasons of SB in general:
    http://codenamereview.blogspot.com/2...-for-gary.html

Another review I found from the same person: http://codenamereview.blogspot.ca/20...arse-meal.html

This discussion is awesome, keep it up.. Thanks!
    Last edited by chunkychief09; 07-18-2016 at 10:36 AM.

Blog Entries

The biggest problem with post Season 4 episodes of SpongeBob is that it comes off as though the writers are trying to rip off Family Guy, and failing. Most of the jokes are about gross-out humor or having someone acting like a jerk, and things were starting to get more sadistic. That's not even getting into how characters like Patrick and Mr. Krabs were starting to change and being written as more assholes, especially Krabs, who basically has no empathy for anyone anymore. I remember there was even one special where they find Atlantis where David Bowie guest starred as the guy in charge, the whole episode was a musical, but for some reason, they gave literally everyone in that episode a song except David Bowie! What a waste.

Also, the art and designs took a big hit too. I'm not really sure why, but all the designs for any character introduced post Season 4 looks incredibly off. Their either very ugly, or they look like they don't really belong on SpongeBob and came from a different show. It really gets noticeable when they have someone from the older seasons standing next to them. Again, I really don't know why. Did the old artists quit or something.

Although, I got to admit, there are a couple of episodes I liked, like Mr. Krabs selling SpongeBob merchandise or Squidward becoming handsome, and the second movie was pretty funny too.
    Last edited by AlphaOmega; 07-18-2016 at 05:04 PM.

Pin Pal
    Blog Entries

Instead of just blaming Paul Tibbitt, you could blame some of the writers (liek Casey Alexander and Zeus Cervas). Also blame the guy who started making gross designs, Robertryan Cory. He got hired from near the beginning of season 4 when post movie era was new. His designs weren't bad at all at first (they still has the grossness to it, but they're weren't too out of hand), but eventually the show got more grosser and he decided to focus on designing grossout character designs that you'll get a lot in season 6. If you want proof, here are his designs from Flickr. https://www.flickr.com/photos/robert...57619658736293

Casey and Zeus often get the blame for writing characters like jerks and having too many mean-spirited moments. But we should stop bashing on them for their work on SpongeBob because they left already since 2012.

If you hadn't seen the new episodes since last year, you'll notice there's a different writing staff. Now only the writers I mentioned (as well as Luke Brookshier) left but it's a mix of old and new writers. Andrew Goodman,Mr. Lawrence and Derek Iversen still remain on the show as animation writers (and the former will be promoted to staff writer/story editor respectively for season 10), Kaz and Kyle McCulloch (from the Skill Crane episode) returned - but only for one season for the latter as McCulloch had now left - and there's new writers like jack Pendarvis, Josh Androsky & Daniel Dominguez, Claire O'Kane, and Soloman Gergorio. So at least be grateful for these newer episodes because even people like you think that SpongeBob is getting better.
    Simpsons: 4 > 6 = 7 > 5 > 3 > 8 > 2 > 14 > 15 > 13 = 10 > 9 > 16 > 20 > 1 > 24 = 21 > 26 > 22 = 25 > 23 > 19 = 27 > 18 = 28 > 12 > 11 > 17 = 29

Family Guy: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 5 = 6 > 15 > 16 > 10 > 14 > > 7 = 11 = 9 > 8 > 12 = 13

American Dad: 4 > 3 > 2 > 1 > 6 > 5 > 8 > 9 > 7 = 11 > 10 > 13 (so far) > 12

The Cleveland Show: 2 > 1 > 4 > 3

Futurama: 5 > 4 = 1 > 2 = 3 > 7 > 6

Rick and Morty: 2 > 1 > 3

Yeah I agree, It must be an issue with the writers - Not in a bad way...
    I agree about Casey and Zeus for the blame, obviously because every terrible episode either had Casey or Zeus, or both as the writer(s) of the episode(s).

Those designs by Cory are kind of nice, I shouldn't blame the "shiitiness" of the show because of the "weird" designs by someone...

I hope the show is getting better today, I pretty much grew out of watching Nick since 2010 so I cannot confirm myself...
    Even if the show got better after Casey and Zeus left... I would be surprised...

I don't mind Casey and Zeus that much tbh. They were the only competent writers in season 6 besides Derek Iversen.
    Season 28 rankings

Monty Burns' Fleeing Circus: 3/10 Friends and Family: 7/10 The Town: 7.5/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVII: 5/10 Dry Hard: 6/10 BFF R.I.P: 6/10 Moefinger: 4/10 Trust But Clarify: 5/10 There Will Be Buds: 8/10 Havana Wild Weekend: 1/10 Dad Behavior: 2/10 The Last Traction Hero: 5.5/10 The Nightmare After Krustmas: 4.5/10 Pork and Burns: 6/10 The Great Phatsby: 5/10 Fatzcarraldo: 3.5/10 The Cad and the Hat: 3/10 Kamp Krustier: 2.5/10 22 for 30: 8/10 A Father's Watch: 6.5/10 Caper Chase: 1/10

Quote Originally Posted by Financial Panther View Post
    Here's to at least two more seasons of passable television!

More evidence guys! http://www.thetoptens.com/worst-cartoon-writers/

So yeah, it's pretty obvious who "wrote" all of the terrible post-movie SB episodes. My top threes come up to Casey, Zeus, and [possibly] Richard. Why Richard, the link above will explain, or info about "A Pal For Gary" will tell you. So people are saying that Richard Pursel is considered a "bad writer", from "people's explanations", b/c every episode that has a scene of animal (or character) abuse is written by Richard Pursel. I am not making threats to these guys or making fun of them (no one should), I'm just telling you how *cough*terrible*cough* these guys are at writing SB episodes in my opinion.

I haven't watched APFG at all(I read the transcript and did some research on it), but I can tell why people are saying why APFG is one of the worst SB episodes in history.
    I stopped watching Nick as late as early 2010, b/c I was getting old, obviously, but also I got sick and tired of the poorly written post-movie SB episodes; I haven't watched Nick ever since 2010.
    So I know Casey, Zeus, Richard, and others who mainly worked on the post-movie episodes left the show's production as late as 2014?, I was wondering for anyone who watches SB today, I mean watching episodes after the second movie -- Is the show becoming what it used to be, if so thank god...

Thanks

Thread Information