Blog Entries

Netflix's "Big Mouth" (Animated series from Nick Kroll and Andrew Goldberg)

Netflix has picked up Big Mouth, a 10-episode, half-hour animated comedy series about teenaged adventures in puberty from real-life best friends Nick Kroll (Kroll Show) and Andrew Goldberg (Family Guy). It will premiere everywhere Netflix is available in 2017.

Comedians Kroll and and John Mulaney (Saturday Night Live) will voice the central characters of Nick and Andrew, respectively, in the edgy surreal comedy, whose voice cast also includes Maya Rudolph (Maya & Marty), Jason Mantzoukas (The League), Jordan Peele (Key and Peele), Fred Armisen (Portlandia), Jenny Slate (Girls) and Jessi Klein (Inside Amy Schumer).

“There are few things that keep me up at night….Nick Kroll’s adventures in puberty is one of them, so we greenlit this series with very few questions asked,” said Cindy Holland, Netflix VP of original content.

Kroll and Goldberg co-created Big Mouth with screenwriter-directors Mark Levin & Jennifer Flackett (Little Manhattan). All four executive produce the Netflix production.

“Andrew and I have been best friends since 1st grade, so this show is over 30 years in the making. I can’t wait to tell all the stories that make up the glorious nightmare of puberty,” said Kroll.

Among the duo’s real-life stories — a lip-sync performance of Queen’s “Don’t Stop Me Now” at Camp Wildwood in 1992 which they call legendary and infamous to this day.
    Full article: http://deadline.com/2016/06/netflix-...ey-1201771662/

The phrase "edgy surreal comedy" is kind of sigh inducing but given how largely misled we were with the trailers for shows like Bojack Horseman and F is For Family in the past, I'd like to think that Netflix know what they're doing at this point with their original adult animated programming. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get a trailer or at the very least some artwork before the year's out.
    How to remaster

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Agreed. Being self-described as "edgy" is a red flag, the concept is another (at least for me - originality, what's that?) and the fact that it's from a Family Guy/Cavalcade writer is several more, but based on how those other shows came out I'm more than willing to give it a go anyway.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Seth MacFarlane's Cavalcade Of Cartoon Comedy is probably my least favorite Seth show next to The Cleveland Show (although the latter is growing on me). Some of the sketches are pretty funny, but then there are those which are amusing but would've benefited from a shorter length, the boring ones... and even a few that are really bad. Fred Flintstone Takes A Shit and both of the Scotsman sketches are completely laughless.

As for this show, I don't know. We've had misses when a Family Guy writer developed their own show before (Dads, Bordertown).
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Thread Information