Blog Entries

Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards (Crossover mobile game from FOX)

I know it's just a stupid card based mobile game, but for the crossover novelty that's here, as well as the weirdness of its existence in the first place, it's probably worth a thread.

Animation Throwdown is a new collectible-card mobile game that, for the first time, mashes up the characters and worlds of American Dad, Bob’s Burgers, Family Guy, Futurama, and King of the Hill.

Fox Digital Entertainment and Kongregate, GameStop’s mobile and web games publishing division, announced today the debut of Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards, incorporating the Twentieth Century Fox Television animated comedies. Fans can play as their favorite characters from each cartoon as they set out to create the ultimate show-themed deck and compete against others in battles.

“We are thrilled to bring together these five animated comedies for the first time in Animation Throwdown: The Quest for Cards,” said Emily Greer, CEO and cofounder of Kongregate. “We are looking forward to integrating characters from these hit series in a unique and exciting way that fans of all the shows will really love.”

Kongregate is leading the game design and management and is co-developing the title with Chicago-based Synapse Games (developer of Tyrant Unleashed, Global Assault, and Spellstone) and San Francisco-based Chinzilla Games (developer of Little Alchemist). Synapse and Chinzilla have experience creating card battle games that appeal to both casual and core gamers.

The companies said that Animation Throwdown combines the most popular gameplay elements of their titles into a single franchise.

“In Animation Throwdown, Peter Griffin will duke it out with Bob Belcher or Leela or even Hank Hill. Fans get to select their all-star lineup in this inventive, genre-bending game,” said Rick Phillips, executive vice president at Fox Digital Entertainment, in a statement.

Kongregate will market the title to its global audience of millions of players who visit Kongregate.com each month. The company will also promote the game across its portfolio of mobile applications, through GameStop’s 4,200 U.S. store locations and 40 million PowerUp Rewards members, and across the GameStop web and mobile properties. Fox Digital Entertainment will use its various marketing platforms to promote the game as well.

The title will release in the third quarter on iOS and Android devices, and it will eventually hit other platforms, including kongregate.com.
    Source: http://venturebeat.com/2016/06/27/an...ther-tv-shows/

There's also some videos of the game already up on YouTube. It's pretty standard card game fare, with the added convoluted premise causing the worlds of each show to collide. You get to pick a character, then Peter Griffin walks you through a tutorial, you hop from area to area fighting other characters from other shows, levelling up and so on.

Any of you think you'll give it a go? I'm a bit of a sucker for these licensed mobile time killers (Would never spend money on them but as free mobile game fodder it's neat), so I'm sure I'll try it out whenever it gets released.

Also, a bit lame that they opted not to include The Simpsons in something like this. I wonder if that just comes down to legal matters with EA since they still have the rights to The Simpsons video game licence or if there's more to it.
    How to remaster

But wheres the Simpsons. For example the character Groundskeeper Willie, is not, by me eyesight, not to be seen anywhere in the above picture

Blog Entries

groundskeeper willie sucks

oh go and please piss off

Blog Entries

no

oh your mean

Blog Entries

Killing the Groundskeeper Willie talk right here.

There's enough characters in this game to continue talking about.

Blog Entries

I like that of all the possible battles that could be about to take place, it looks like Bob and Peggy are the closest to actually kicking the shit out of each other.

I like Louise, shes just so crazy.

Blog Entries

This looks intresting. I'm a big fan of crossovers, so I'll probably check this out.

Not sure why they're skipping the Simpsons. Is it just a rights thing or are they being saved for a big update?

I'm suprised to see Futurama is going to be a part of this game though. Plus it's nice to see King of the Hill again.

When will it air?

Blog Entries

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: friz

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Woah, fuck yea I'm trying this. It's gonna feel so fresh to just have some new KOTH material as well (Even if it's just text bubbles)

Thread Information