Thread: THE GOODE FAMILY !!!

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Junior Camper ZOIDBERG RODRIGUEZ's Avatar

THE GOODE FAMILY !!!

I just Bought The Goode Family On DVD it looks Fantastic on my Sony Blu-Ray Player and 42 Inch LG HD TV even though it is a DVD! I loved The Goode Family It poked Fun at Liberals and Conservatives Alike! I am a Liberal! I loved most of the Characters except Bliss. It deserved more then one season.

a whiz with cold drinks Frightened Inmate No. 2's Avatar
    Blog Entries

@The Goode Family
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiny Sandford II View Post
    While not humorous, would be cool if someone actually put this in their sig.

Quote Originally Posted by ZOIDBERG RODRIGUEZ View Post
    It deserved more then one season.
    Same here..
    I like how it was both the same and opposite of KOTH.. While liberal sillyness made a mess of things, in the end Hanks steadfast belief in conservative values would usually win the day... The Goode Fam followed the suburban cartoon sitcom of KOTH to the hilt, except the switch.. Mike Judge had the head of the house be a Uber liberal, who's total commitment to liberal values would win out by stories end while conservative bullheadedness stymied each episodes dilemma.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I saw a few eps. Didn't really catch me like KOTH. It still had the koth-like charm though, so I liked it a little, but the characters couldn't save it. They're not shitty they're just, lame.

It could have been better without Krisnky and Altschuler, who were also the guys who made KOTH into a soft, non-canon show after a while.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rehpotsirhc View Post
    I saw a few eps. Didn't really catch me like KOTH. It still had the koth-like charm though, so I liked it a little, but the characters couldn't save it. They're not shitty they're just, lame.
    It could have been better without Krisnky and Altschuler, who were also the guys who made KOTH into a soft, non-canon show after a while.
    Pretty much my thoughts on it. The jokes about ineffectual overbearing suburban liberal types were funny, I liked the pseudo-return of Mr. Van Driessen and that it was sort of like KOTH was to Mr. Anderson in that regard. But none of the characters were very memorable or interesting and a lot of the humor just fell completely flat. Krinsky and Altschuler no doubt had a hand in that seeing as they almost completely ruined KOTH. But the whole thing felt really light and insubstantial and just sort of went in one ear and out the other to the point where I don't even remember the plots to any of what I saw. So I just kind of stopped paying attention to it and never bothered to keep watching. Half the time I even forget it exists as part of Mike Judge's resume. Might try to give it a proper, honest watch one of these days since it's only one season.

Always thought it was funny how Rush Limbaugh and Greg Gutfeld types on Fox were giving this show heavy promotion of their own accord (rival network and all) about it being 'the first cartoon made by republicans, for republicans' and 'the first cartoon to espouse our own beliefs instead of the liberal agenda' and so on and then it turned out to not really be that at all. And then got immediately canceled on top of that.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

That and Goode Family was just decent. It never rose above that level. I even talked to one of the writers who was running the Facebook page a few years ago. Nice guy, but it was clear that he couldn't admit the show was even remotely flawed. Altschuler and Krinsky are not bad guys at all, but they have this way of making something too soft. Imagine if a softball was softer than its name implies. You can't get a home run hitting a softer ball in that description, and that's why KOTH and Goode Family went downhill. Still, 13 episodes is a short, yet satisfying enough run to watch. It's nothing amazing. I know that the two guys are also working on Silicon Valley, which I haven't caught up with past the first five episodes. I thought the show was good, but was worried about it being a one-season wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by LosTickaToeRest View Post
    The first cartoon made by republicans, for republicans' and 'the first cartoon to espouse our own beliefs instead of the liberal agenda' and so on and then it turned out to not really be that at all. And then got immediately canceled on top of that.
    Wow! How'd they ever come to that conclusion??
    I met a few hard core conservative dumb-dumbs who initially were fooled into thinking the "Colbert Report" was for them.. so funny, I wish I could've seen their faces when it slowly dawned on them Steven was a "Mock conserv".. The folks I knew stopped watching and blocked CC on their TV's altogether.. priceless!... Maybe someone tricked the Fox News idiots with a fake promo package just to mess with them? I'd like to imagine that happened.

The only "Goode Fam" I ever caught as it aired was the ep where the pacifist parents tried to suppress their robust sons natural inclination to violent sports.. Thought it was very good & I liked it alot ...and hoped to see more.. which sadly didnt happen

Thread Information