View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Super Sweet

1 20.00%
  • 4/5 - Slightly Sweet

3 60.00%
  • 3/5 - Meh

0 0%
  • 2/5 - Slightly Salty

0 0%
  • 1/5 - Super Salty

1 20.00%

Thread: R&R - American Dad - "Mine Struggle"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R - American Dad - "Mine Struggle"

Original Air Date: May 30th, 2016

When Stan discovers a salt mine in the backyard, the Morton Salt Company wants to buy it. It turns out Steve is the rightful owner of the land, and he faces pressure from the family to sell.
    Rate and review after it airs!
    How to remaster

I like the title. Mein Kampf. The plot sounds interesting so I'll try to watch it tonight

I enjoyed the hell out of this one. The constant burns by the family, Stan and his kid-like obsession with those baseball cards, Roger duping the entire family in the end about the salt mine (because Roger). Not the strongest episode writing-wise, but really fun nonetheless. 4.5/5 for me.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I noticed Jeff wasn't in this episode. Not even in the "not in this episode for some reason" parts.

It was nice to see Steve interact with Hayley again (which I think they did in the FOX finale). I guess their brother/sister dynamic fell apart when Hayley started officially going out with and then married Jeff, and Steve's friends (especially Snot) started getting more screentime.

Blog Entries

Very good stuff here. Decent story that was just packed with fun moments.

Intro with the little montage of the family spending time together over the years.
    Roger telling Stan he's seen his penis whilst he was sleeping and it's great.
    The Jinx bit
    "A third ridiculous guess?"
    "Ya here that? I'm gonna have a big veiny shaft!"
    The reveal of why Hayley started wearing her bandanna.
    "I respect the sexual frustration behind your decision" and the virgin argument that ensued
    Steve's little incestuous slip of wanting the girl's name to be Francine
    The original Gordon's Salt Girl.
    Steve and Stan's conversation about the contract being left at Snot's place.
    That huge guessing game of who the actual owner would be showing all those characters capped off with a cameo of "That sweet little boy from The Cleveland Show, Rallo!?"

There were a couple of clunkers. The section of Klaus' face peeling off because of the paint thinner I could have done without. Didn't care for that cunt of a teacher that backhanded Steve either. Other than that I enjoyed everything this episode had to offer. It was nice to have a plot involve the whole family to some degree and the use of Roger was very effective. It's amazing how well he can work as a plot device when they dial him way the fuck back to basically just a background character. 4/5

Thread Information