View Poll Results: Literally TV-14 (as it's the fourteenth season); Anyway, thoughts?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Road To Greatness

2 18.18%
  • 4/5: Road To Funland

2 18.18%
  • 3/5: Road To I Dunno, It's Okay?

5 45.45%
  • 2/5: Road To Disinterestment

2 18.18%
  • 1/5: Road To Schmindia

0 0%

Thread: Rate & Review: Family Guy - Road To India

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review: Family Guy - Road To India

Season finale.

Brian falls in love with a tech support worker, so he decides to take Stewie with him... to India! Also, Joe invites Peter to bingo, which he wins at. He becomes the life of the party.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Decent episode. Like Vegas, this was pretty bland for a Road to... episode, though Vegas I'd rate higher at least for the somewhat unique premise. Didn't really hate anything in this one, just mostly standard jokes made about India and Peter ruining one of his friends activities. Liked that it sort of had a music number at the end, though it was kind of short to really count. Do miss when these episodes had full Broadway style songs.

3/5.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

Quote Originally Posted by 1010011010 View Post
    Do miss when these episodes had full Broadway style songs.
    Yeah, they've become just as lazy with new songs as The Simpsons. And given Seth is a professional singer and a huge fan of the 1950's musicals, it's a pity.
    Lackluster Road to... episode.

1,5/5.

4. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Never thought I'd see the day where a thread for a "Road to..." episode was practically barren, especially this long after airing.

First things first, opening sequence was neat as is usual with these episodes, but in particular loved the Street Fighter slide they ended on with Brian's big ol' Dhalsim arms. The scene with Brian in that uh... the fuck is that room called that we rarely see anymore? Y'know, the one where Peter and Brian stayed up all night drinking in "Wasted Talent". Really, really nicely lit. I'm glad that they did the fakeout with Padma being a fat woman with hairy arms because I remember Brickleberry doing a similar plot to this that ended with the girl just being a fat woman with hairy arms and it'd be depressing if FG was beaten to the punch by a dead show that few people seemed to actually like. Also, I dug the little tail wag of Brian's when he was hugging her. Such a basic thing but it's always a nice touch from a show that doesn't exactly give much attention to detail in its animation. The Peter story was shit but I did like when they pulled the fakeout with the slow smile resolution bit that they do all the fucking time.

As for random little jokes I liked:
    Stewie's overall exasperation with Brian in the first scene.
    Shakespeare cutaway was amusing, if not a tad drawn out.
    "I apologise for the difficulty my paralysis causes you"
    "Somebody's screaming in the garage"
    Stewie telling his yoga class about going to India with Brian.
    "Y'know, this is where The Beatles came to ruin their music"
    "I feel like I owe every bus in America an apology".
    "This is what it always looks like on Homeland right before a drone strike".
    "Well, that's a Punjab to the Figs, where's the bar?"
    Indian Census Bureau message

The uh... tapeworm gag might be the grossest thing I've seen on the show in quite some time, though. Fuck that bit. The conclusion wasn't very satisfying even though we all knew they weren't gonna actually keep Brian together with Padma. Something about her reasoning for dumping him felt forced considering what she was willing to do before, even though the whole "You saved me from a lifetime of unhappiness" thing was nice. Also, Brian being mauled by the tiger during the musical number was groan-worthy as a note to end on, if for no other reason than the reminder that this was a character they once killed off in a brutal fashion to drum up ratings that can now be viciously mauled by a tiger at the end of an episode for a gag. I know FG does shit like this all the time but something about this particular instance just rubbed me the wrong way.

A decent offering of jokes and some nice visuals here and there help save this episode from being a total wreck. Still well below the standards of a good "Road To..." episode, but passable by the standards of an average Family Guy episode at this point. 3/5.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

it's barren because it was boring as hell. definitely the worst they've ever done. it's the only family guy i've watched in a few years and simply because it was a road to. well it's a road to in name only

Blog Entries

That's kinda my point though. "Road to..." episodes are one of those rare exceptions that even people who aren't big on Family Guy tend to think are good, so I kinda assumed more people would have watched it and left thoughts even if they didn't like it.

Last edited by wheresmyfrap; 07-14-2016 at 02:45 AM.

Blog Entries

@wheresmyfrap why would you bother to make an account on a Simpsons website just to comment on the lack of interest in a Family Guy episode? Seems like such a weird thing to be annoyed about to that degree.

Last edited by wheresmyfrap; 07-14-2016 at 02:45 AM.

this is a simpsons board

Thread Information