View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
6. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Faith Restored

1 16.67%
  • 4/5 - Stronger than the Ark

3 50.00%
  • 3/5 - Meh

0 0%
  • 2/5 - Too Two Parter For Me

0 0%
  • 1/5 - Lost All Faith

2 33.33%
    Blog Entries

R&R - American Dad - "Daesong Heavy Industries II: Return to Innocence"

I figured maybe @Rehpotsirhc would have done this since he was covering the American Dad threads for the past few weeks but I guess not.

Original Air Date: May 16th, 2016

Everyone is separated after the ship explodes: Stan and Francine lose their memories and resort to primitive living on an island; Hayley and Jeff are rescued by the Navy and Jeff decides to enlist; and Roger and Steve try to survive on a lifeboat in the middle of the ocean.
    Did anyone even remember that this was airing? Rate & Review!
    How to remaster

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I did. It wasn't really related to the first part though, this could have might as well been a seperate episode. But it was pretty funny. Jeff is pretty much a main character now I guess? I mean he has been for a while now but haven't really thought about it.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rehpotsirhc View Post
    I did
    You didn't though. You only made one for the first part.

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I meant I remembered it was airing

Blog Entries

Well, that Roger song sucked. The bit with Jeff not helping Hayley was annoying, as was the scene with him talking about being a new man for whatever time they had until they would die (I liked the helicopter line though). Steve giving Roger the business for bringing the wolf onto the life boat was satisfying, as were both instances of Roger getting shot in the chest with a flare gun.

I loved the whole "Flute Island" thing, and holy shit, the "Blue Ball Island" title card had me fucking howling with laughter. Oh God, that's probably the hardest I've laughed at American Dad in quite some time, like, it was to the point where I started coughing a ton. The Naval officer talking about how the Navy has it's very own kind of blue was funny too, as was Roger's phone plan for seniors that only gives him 4 minutes a month.

The coconut around Stan's junk looking like it was his pubes for a moment as he got out of the water was a good, but pretty gross fakeout gag. Hayley enjoying watching Stan and Francine fucking was... not so good.

Overall the was a much better effort than part 1, and maybe that's because of how disconnected it was from everything else in the first part that I didn't like, or as Stan put it "All this stuff happened, and for what?". It wasn't something that really needed to be two parts but at the same time I'd have been more than happy for two whole episodes of Flute/Blue Ball Island. Not perfect, but certainly one of the most enjoyable episodes this season 4/5.

A funny, if uneven, conclusion to this two-parter that definitely benefited from the terrific send-up of "Blue Lagoon" with Stan and Francine living primitively on an island. The narrator pushing them to do it only made it that much better. The Roger/Steve plot was solid, and the Hayley/Jeff story went nowhere, but the laughs made up for most of the flaws. So, a 3.5/5 for me overall.

Thread Information