0 0%
  • 1/5

1 16.67%

Thread: Rate & Review American Dad "Daesong Heavy Industries"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review American Dad "Daesong Heavy Industries"

Stan loses his faith in religion after Steve questions everything in the Bible. He takes the family to Korea to investigate the rumors of a reinvented "Noah's Ark."

Classic Simpsons Guy Evil Monkey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Really good episode. Can't wait for part 2. 5/5

Not the strongest episode of the season for me, but that Deftones montage of Stan losing control of his life was pretty cool. Hoping the second part is better. 3/5

Blog Entries

Boy, that cold open with Jeff blathering about overalls, Roger dancing at the black church and Steve kicking the shit out of little kids during the Easter Egg hunt sure was a pile of laughless garbage. That scene with Steve poking holes in the story of Jesus was also painful. I don't take issue with challenging the stuff in the bible or anything because I'm not a religious person, but it's just such well worn ground in the land of Seth MacFarlane cartoons at this point that it's hard to not just sigh and feel burnt out from the get-go watching this. At least the scene with Stan reading the bible was neat to look at.

Another big issue with them doing a story like this is that it makes so little sense with in the context of the show's universe. Stan's been to Heaven before, encountered both angels and demons... Steve's been possessed by the Anti-Christ before! I know asking for good continuity in a Seth show is like trying to squeeze water from a stone but sometimes it's just really frustrating when they blatantly ignore shit for the sake of it. Reminds me of the Family Guy joke where Brian's going on some sort of rant about being an atheist and Stewie says "Jesus lived with us for a week, what else do you need?".

Things picked up a bit when Stan lost his mind and took the family to Korea at least. The whole "Noah Experience" setup was good and I liked the little aside with Roger and Jeff getting their overalls. I'm hoping part 2 will be much better now that they've got the done to death bit of having a character point out all the flaws in the bible out of the way.

Stan trying to befriend the lady in the red hat and telling the waitress that the diner they were in sucked, the "Crazy Baloney" bit, Stan's montage set to "Change (In The House Of Flies)" by Deftones, God appearing to Stan to be all "No Stan, this is your brain cells dying", the cone kicking bit, Stan taking out the ship's crew to that "God said to Noah" song, Klaus getting tossed overboard and the reveal of him at the end cursing out Stan were all funny. Suck Boy Tony, however, was not.

Just barely worth a 3/5.
    How to remaster

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Thread Information