View Poll Results: Borderburn

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5: Is it hot in here or is it just you?

0 0%
  • 4/5: Firin' up the grill!

0 0%
  • 3/5: Not really hot enough, put on more coal.

1 33.33%
  • 2/5: Never mind, it's TOO hot!

0 0%
  • 1/5: Burn in hell!

2 66.67%

Thread: Rate & Review: Bordertown - Wildfire (1AXH07)

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate & Review: Bordertown - Wildfire (1AXH07)

BA wildfire invades Mexifornia, but Bud doesn't want to evacuate. Ernesto is on his way to rescue him. While this goes on, J.C. and Becky try dating other people before fully committing to each other.

But honestly, WHO CARES?! STOP FEEDING US THIS BORING J.C./Becky relationship bullshit already! 
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Blog Entries

You could've probably just stopped at "But honestly, WHO CARES?!" and it would have still be an apt. remark.
    How to remaster

Blog Entries

Good
    Cold Open
    Mailman dumping the mail
    "Coming up; Do your kids know what to do in the event of a fire? Mine didn't"
    "Luckily I can't burn. The lady from my high school said I'm retardant"
    "We're not all made of money like you because our wives died in a plane crash!"
    Bit about the rain/car getting stolen
    Birthday kids being made to try and blow out the fire
    Calendar bit
    Great White performance
    "I knew we'd be safe. Luckily there's a lump on my testicle that throbs when there's nothing to worry about"
    "HOLA, UNCONSCIOUS BUD!"
    "You're too hard to lift... oh, cool, you have a handle"
    Ernesto performing CPR with the leaf blower/Bud assuming he was giving some guy called Ramone a blowjob
    "I loved using your big Mexican cloth toilet paper"/"You mean our hand towels?"/"Hand towels... look at me, I know Spanish!"
    Superman 2 for gardeners
    The Hamburger Helper mascot being the cousin of the deformed inbred.
    "Are they not returning your holas? Because if not it'll cost them dearly. We'll call it the HolaCost!"
    The grandpa mistaking Bud for Ernesto and saying he loved him because he stood up to him.
    "Come to bed my sexy Matador"/"I'm not in the mood. Today I am a Sadador"
    The guy who only knows English phrases from watching CSI.
    Mexican whistle
    "Well, this is it, we're gonna die... about fucking time" (Feels apt. to hear that line knowing the show is officially cancelled now)

Bad
    Chimps driving a firetruck
    Gert selling her soul to heat bacon with her mind
    Treasure bit
    Freddy Krueger bit
    That dangerous hybrid pet with the gun
    Gender reversed wedding
    Ernesto casually fucking snapping that guy's neck
    Baby Stomper
    Michael Cera jab
    Giant fart gag/"I remember when my farts used to make sounds"
    "Easy on the abortion jokes, my dad's a coathanger" - Clippy the paperclip
    "BECKY MAD!"
    Funeral scene
    Burrito of shame/Burrito of glory
    J.C. getting roofied, having his kidney stolen and... I guess being raped? I'm not sure what they were going for but it was weird, uncomfortable and stupid.
    "I didn't come to this country to get in a fight with my neighbor, I came here to blow up the White House"
    Bringing back the gag of Bryce being abducted/probed against his will
    That long "Nah" gag.
    Sanford jerking off in front of Janice
    The ending of the J.C./Becky plot
    The ending of the main plot.

Chalk this up as another failure of an episode. A small spattering of amusing moments amid all the shit ones amid a shit sub-plot and a main story that was basically "Homer Loves Flanders: Bordertown Edition" was far from enough to salvage it. 1.5/5, and that's being nicer than I ought to simply because it's officially dead now.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just another "it's okay" offering. There were some pretty funny moments like Baby Stomper, some of Ernesto's dialogue and Sanford "teaching" J.C. how to date and I also liked some of Bud's lines. What Bud did to be Ernesto's friend was sometimes amusing (I'll get more into that later) and the Mexican guy learning English from CSI was really good as well. Now, even when I don't hate a Bordertown episode, I don't like talking about the positives so much. The reason is because pretty much any episode has serious flaws, and it's those you start thinking more about. For example, the plot was very bland. It really is Bordertown's version of Homer Loves Flanders, like Shaun stated. But not nearly as funny. Bud got a little obnoxious sometimes, and the resolution was as predictable as it could get. The subplot with J.C. and Becky dating other people was just awful. When will the writers learn J.C. and Becky relationship crap is not funny??? There is no emotional connection to be had, and when they talk with each other I always either cringe or have a deadpan look on my face.
    Some funny parts, but "funny parts" is not enough when this show struggles so much with weak plotlines and uninteresting characters. 6/10

Thread Information