Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I liked this trailer. It doesn't reveal too much about the movie and pretty much just the basics.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: AlphaOmega

Yeah, it was pretty neat! Loved the ending!

Blog Entries

I had been waiting for a trailer for infinity war for a long time, so to finally see it... I'm really hyped.

I highly enjoy the MCU, but in some regards I feel like it's not living up to its full potential. The shows reference the movies, but the movies never reference the shows. Kevin Feige and others have said it's about timing and different schedules, but a part of it feels like lack of effort to me. Case in point, I really want Daredevil or Wilson Fisk to cross over into a Spider-man movie. The fact that Spider-man is swinging around New York City doesn't make any sense for him not to run into Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones, or Iron Fist. As for going up against Wilson Fisk, that would also make sense. Spider-man fights both fantastical villains as well as gritty villains in the comics. Vincent D'Onofrio and Charlie Cox have both expressed interest in reprising their roles in Spider-man film. Likewise, the Homecoming producer Eric Carroll has expressed interest in having a Spider-man and Daredevil crossover. Let's hope it happens. If not, would it be that hard to have the Night Nurse/Claire Temple in a Spider-man film tending over a wounded Peter Parker? Personally, I would also like to see a Captain America 4, in which Captain American runs into Punisher and these two war vets go at it.

Yet, a part of me speculates - and I could be wrong - that the reason it hasn't happened is because Disney owns Marvel now and since they want more Marvel characters in their parks, they don't want to associate the more family friendly films with the grittier Netflix series. I could be totally wrong, but that's my guess. If that's the case, it's why I don't want Marvel characters or rides in Disney parks. I want Disney to keep Marvel as far away from anything Disney as possible.

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Man, this thread hasn't seen much updates lately. So anyways, Marvel's Infinity War. I watched it.

.........my god.

Haven't seen it yet but I most certainly will. Felt a little bit skeptical about it at first but I've heard it's really quite good.

I saw Black Panther though and I really liked it.

Blog Entries

I've been waiting for infinity war for quite some time. Likely going to wait a couple weeks but it's for sure something I'm planning on seeing

I've been rewatching the entire MCU this year to get pumped up for Infinity War. Just need to grab Thor Ragnarok from Redbox or something, and then I'll be ready. Some thoughts on the MCU:

The movies have gotten progressively better. Most of my favorites are from the previous 3-4 years.

One area where these films DON'T excel is the villains. The only great ones I can think of are Loki, Erik from Black Panther, and Vulture from Spider-Man Homecoming. The rest range from "forgettable and bland" to "okay."

All three films from 2017 (Guardians 2, Spider-Man Homecoming, and Thor Ragnarok) are light in tone, with a ton of humor. They're like "breather" movies for the MCU. Makes me wonder if this was intentional, to give us some smiles and sunshine before Black Panther and Infinity War, which are a lot darker in tone. At least we still have Ant-Man 2 coming, which will surely be a relief after Infinity War.

My favorite Avenger is still Cap, and I seriously hope he makes it out of Infinity War and Avengers 4 OK. I'm gonna be biting my nails the whole time during these movies.

Spider-Man Homecoming is fucking GREAT. Definitely in my top 5 of these movies, and probably the funniest in the MCU. Anyone who thinks the MCU is becoming stale should just watch this movie and discover how wrong they are.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

One area where these films DON'T excel is the villains. The only great ones I can think of are Loki, Erik from Black Panther, and Vulture from Spider-Man Homecoming. The rest range from "forgettable and bland" to "okay."
    Understandable since most of the villains end up dead by the end of the movie.

Saw Infinity War on Sunday and yeah, I think it was really great with a lot of surprises (if you haven't been spoiled just like I wasn't, which I'm grateful for; this is one of those movies that are definitely a lot better when you don't know exactly what is coming).

Won't go into plot details but while the plot is pretty thin and there is a lot of characters to juggle I think they handled it incredibly well all things considered; it is definitely a character than plot-driven movie and has many good, fun interactions and the subplots work well together without making it too messy. Most of the jokes hit their notes as well and doesn't overtake the relative seriousness of the movie or undermines the drama or threat from the villain (speaking of which, Thanos is a solid bad guy; one of the best in the series).

Download PDF The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui

The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui PDF
    The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui Epub
    The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui Download PDF e EPUB - EpuBook
    Download The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui Ebook Book Free - Unload - pdf, epub, kindle mobi
    The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui Download PDF
    The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui PDF Download Ebook Free Book English (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE)
    The Best We Could Do: An Illustrated Memoir Thi Bui Download PDF Free Book (PDF, EPUB, KINDLE)

Click link below to download

http://gsul.me/aWGg

Professional Teleporter Mícheál's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Saw Infinity War last week. I'm not too into the Marvel movies like some others, but I will admit that I was impressed by Infinity War. Well worth watching.

I would have my usual negative points about Marvel films, but aside from that, this one is definitely the best the MCU have thrown at us so far. As a villain, Thanos did seem to live up to the reputation they've been amassing for him over the years, and he was certainly better than the other Marvel villains we've seen so far.

Even their jokes landed fairly well in this movie too. There was even one that I remember the whole crowd laughed at during the movie.

Before I saw the movie, I was trying figure out which characters they were gonna kill off by "who got signed on to the franchise most recently?" But, they sorta went through whoever they wanted for the film. There's not real way it could have been easily predicted.
    "I may or may not die young. I haven't decided yet."

Where do you guys think of the much publicized (as well as heavily criticized) firing of James Gunn (director of Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2) due tothe really bad and tasteless jokes he made on Twitter a decade ago?

https://variety.com/2018/film/news/j...ng-1202907016/

On one hand I think it was the right move as the stuff he did say was really offensive and awful, but on the other hand it was so many years ago and he has apologized so it does feel dumb of Disney & Marvel to cut him off completely like this (also, he did make GOTG really big & and a huge cash cow for them).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 08-16-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Junior Camper

Firing someone over words will always be extremely stupid.

Blog Entries

I take you weren't a fan of Roseanne's firing either?
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Firing someone over words is not always stupid, such as in the case of Roseanne; I haven't really followed that development to be honest (or the Gunn problem, but that one I constantly saw brought up on other forums/message boards) but I've read a little about it and what she said definitely justified the firing and the cancellation of her show.

Junior Camper

Not really. The character of Roseanne and Roseanne herself aren’t the same person.

Due to the truth in this statement, canceling Roseanne just because of something the person Roseanne says is ludicrous because it’s not in anyway related to the show being produced.
    This is further affirmed by the fact that they are still doing a show, just without Roseanne. Once again, because this statement is 100% correct, ABC made themselves look weak and easily manipulated when they fired Roseanne. If I was fired for something I said I would it take the matter to court. Roseanne was fired because the people who scream and yell the loudest have to be responded to. Personally, I consider this an egregious violation of freedom of speech, to say nothing of the validity of her statement she had every right to say it. ABC was wrong and stupid to fire her, and now, in my opinion, they are paying the price that they deserve.

Firing Roseanne was unwarranted and stupid. It caused them to cancel a show that still had a fanbase, only to bring it back without her, despite the fact that it’s her show. The heart of the problem is stupid people can’t make this distinction. They think that somehow Roseanne speaks for all involved and not firing her was endorsing her actions. Which makes no sense, obviously Roseanne has her own opinions and speaks for herself, that’s just common sense. Roseanne’s character is what brought people in in the first place, taking her away made no sense business wise or personally. The new show has its merits, but the reason for it existing in the first place is what’s killing it. Firing someone over words is stupid because if you get so pent up over what someone says, then you deserve to be offended.

It is not time to let anything go. The fact that Roseanne isn’t involved in the current product is a mockery of justice. The current product obviously isn’t as good, but that doesn’t make it bad either. The studio would have had the same reaction if Roseanne would have gotten indicted. The decision was an overreaction to be sure.
    Last edited by TheDuffBlimp; 11-18-2018 at 09:57 AM.

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Stan Lee is dead.

I knew it would come eventually, but son of a fucking bitch.

Blog Entries

old people die life moves on
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TheDuffBlimp View Post
    Not really. The character of Roseanne and Roseanne herself aren’t the same person.

Due to the truth in this statement, canceling Roseanne just because of something the person Roseanne says is ludicrous because it’s not in anyway related to the show being produced.
    This is further affirmed by the fact that they are still doing a show, just without Roseanne.
    two things here:

-ABC fired Roseanne the person not because of something Roseanne the character said, but because the real Roseanne said numerous things over a series of tweets that warranted her firing. As a result, her show got canceled. Kinda hard to have a Roseanne show without Roseanne ain't it?
    -as a direct result of this, ABC later changed direction in an attempt to save face, and the jobs of the various writers/actors, and retooled the show to not include Roseanne. They cut a deal with her to have her character written out and for her to have no involvement with the new show. Unfortunately for ABC, there seems to be no audience for this new show, neither people who support Roseanne nor the people that supported her firing are watching the show, as the ratings haven't been good and have only gone lower with each subsequent episode. So far it seems to not be a success, something that was predicted, and is unlikely to survive much longer. Once again, kinda hard to have a Roseanne show without Roseanne ain't it?

so

"Due to the truth in this statement, canceling Roseanne just because of something the person Roseanne says is ludicrous because it’s not in anyway related to the show being produced."

is not correct. Roseanne was an employee of the ABC company, and as such when she said the things she did on Twitter, she gave ABC a reason to no longer continue her employment. It's the same as you or I, if our employers discovered a racist tweet we made we would likely be fired. This was precipitated by the fact that Roseanne is famous thus her tweets have a large audience. Unfortunately for ABC they are also dealing with the result of the situation, because they have lost a ton of money from the deal, and The Conners is not looking like a successful product. ABC was right to fire her, but the free market is right to not accept ABC's product.

Blog Entries

I say all this as a fan of the original Roseanne series, and a viewer of the new Roseanne season as well as The Conners. It's unfortunate what happened, but I cannot say I am pleased with the current product, nor would I be pleased if Roseanne the person was still involved. It's time to let it go.

Blog Entries

A Roseanne tangent in a Marvel thread, who woulda thunk it

So 'Avengers: Endgame', the Part II to last year's 'Infinity War's Part I, is out since this week and still looking for a time to go see it. Movie is way bigger than I thought as there still hasn't been a lot of available seating in my local theater that with all having been booked (which is very rare as there always tend to be vacancy, but then again the movie is huge and hyped to an almost ridiculous degree; it's more like an event than a movie) and if things go well I might see it somewhere around the middle of the upcoming week.

I'm glas for the promotion of 'Don't spoil the Endgame' from the official source (Marvel Studios) and the following spoiler tag rules movie discussion boards have because of it.

(Oh, and to follow up on the above discussion about James Gunn's removal, he has been rehired since March so plans will go along with him directing Guardians Vol. 3 like before).
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 04-28-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Thread Information