Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

I find it pretty amusing that when Spider-Man first appeared at the end of that Civil War trailer he got a lot of hate (mainly complaints about how crappy the new suit supposedly looks and whatnot) and now suddenly everybody has switched opinion and think he's awesome and is gonna be one of the best aspect of the movie.

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I knew from the start he was gonna be cool
    no problems with the suit or tom holland
    can't wait to see him kick ass
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

HO
    LY
    FU
    CK
    IN
    GS
    HI
    T!

Blog Entries

civil war
    winter soldier
    guardians
    antman
    avengers 1

like oh my god guys, that blew me away and you guys know I had such high expectations
    like that airport fight scene, all the actors, ALL OF THEM, kill it, and the rest of the movie is great too
    tom holland did it, he crushed it as spiderman. one liners on point, suit on point, acting on point
    paul rudd knocked it outta the fucking PARK as antman and  when he goes giant OH MY GOD i laughed such an ugly laugh it was pure joy 

i need more of this. this is what avengers 2 shoulda been. laugh a minute but still raw and down to earth. the russo brothers are great and i love them and want them to do the greatest job possible on infinity war. marvel couldn't of gotten better directors for it.

seriously though, even if you don't like marvel or comic book movies still go see this just for tom holland and to see the pure spectacle of the avengers fighting. it's beautiful and funny and just oh my god i don't think i could ever stop talking about how good this was

im such a mess when it comes to reviewing movies but i hope this is competent and not weird enough to convince you guys to see this movie
    pls do, you won't regret it

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

without spoiling too much, was spider-man in it for a sizeable amount of time?

Blog Entries

he's in it for like half an hour real time as both peter parker and spiderman

7. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax, Xaiv

Blog Entries

So according to reports, Nathan Fillion will appear in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 as   Simon Williams, AKA, Wonder Man. 

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

I watched Cap: Civil War tonight and I thought it was really good and didn't disappoint; it really is better than the kinda disappointing Age Of Ultron and much better handled too, both when it came to the story, the action and the Avengers themselves. Spider-Man was definitely the highlight and my favorite aspect of the whole thing (as I suspected he would be).

Blog Entries

Just curious, how accessible is this for someone who's viewing of the MCU has been spotty at best? I've seen the Iron Man movies, GoTG, Avengers, Captain America: The First Avenger, and parts of Captain America: TWS.

Blog Entries

you should be able to understand most of it
    i mean if you haven't seen all of the cinematic universe there are jokes and stuff you'll miss and character relationships that won't make sense but you'll probably be fine

Food-Crazed Maniac Oh, that's raspberry!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Does Deadpool count? Saw it, liked it, 8/10.

Not really since it's not part of the MCU, but it was enjoyable.

Blog Entries

Well...fuck.

Ah well!

Blog Entries

"Captain America: Civil War" directors Joe and Anthony Russo have now confirmed that they're retitling 2018/2019's "Avengers: Infinity War Part 1 and 2," as to not anger fans over releasing the third "Avengers" epic in two parts.

"The movies are two very different movies," Joe told Uproxx.

When asked how the films will be labelled, Anthony said, "It is misleading."

Joe added, "The intention is we will change it, we just haven’t come up with the titles yet. But, yes, we will change it. And, yes, that is a scoop: we will retitle them."
    Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...russo-brothers

Surely anyone who's into these movies that's gonna be annoyed about them doing the whole "Part 1" and "Part 2" bullshit is gonna know what they're doing and still be annoyed about it. I get that the casual fan who's not super nerdy might not pass any remark but given how long that table showing the list of upcoming Marvel movies has been around, most people who give a shit about following the MCU at all are gonna remember that the "Infinity War" movies were supposed to be a thing and look into it.
    How to remaster

So I guess this is where we should talk about Civil War?

Anyway, DAMN what a fun flick! I really REALLY liked the first two Cap movies, so it says a lot that I honestly can't decide which of the three is my favorite. This one was just a blast. I was really impressed how it juggled such a massive ensemble cast, and it never felt overstuffed.

The new Spider-Man is simply great. I liked Maguire and Garfield just fine, but Holland, what little bit we got of him in this, is VERY good. I like how nerdy he is, and how he geeked out around all of the other Avengers. I especially liked his Spinal Tap "up to eleven" reference.

Also really enjoyed Ant-Man in this. He had some great funny lines. "I believe this is yours, Captain America!" was possibly the biggest laugh in the whole movie. Then again,  Stan Lee calling Stark "Mr. Stank"  was also pretty damn funny.

The battle scene at the airport was easily the highlight of the movie. And when I say highlight, I mean the entire movie was worth it just for that. The action was phenomenal and there were some great jokes thrown in.  Giant Ant-Man  was a hilariously awesome surprise too.

I would have to really dig deep to find a complaint about the movie. I guess it maybe ended a little abruptly? I felt like since it's technically the last standalone Captain America movie (for a while at least), it didn't really have much closure at all, nor did it feel like a finale. But we are getting more Cap in Avengers obviously, and the door is still open for a fourth Cap movie, so all hope is not lost.

But anyway this was fucking great. I liked it so much that I would easily go see it a second time if this summer wasn't such a clusterfuck of blockbusters that I want to see.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

1) I felt like there was too much shaky cam in this movie. I could not follow the fight scenes and had to look away a few times.
    2) I liked Spiderman but his whole geeking out and excitement got tiresome after awhile and I just wanted him to shut up.

Loved it, I actually think Black Panther outshone Spider-Man for MCU debuts. They wrote his character perfectly and of course he looked bad ass. It was a nice surprise to see  Ant Man turn into Giant-Man  and his interactions with Cap and Spidey were hilarious. I kind of wished we got the classic masked Baron Zemo at the end but otherwise he was great as well. Once again spectacular visuals during the airport fight scene, just seeing them all lined up gave me chills. They did a great job counterbalancing that tension with some witty in fight banter.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I'm like the dexter of masturbation.

Loved Falcons line, "I dont know how many fights you've been in, but there usually isn't this much talking!".
    Me and other comicbook reading fans for years have always humorously quipped about the "fight conversations" you see so much in Marvel comics.. great to see a movie pun calling that out!

One minor gripe is I would like to see a more mature Spider-Man movie. We could potentially see 8 films of Spider-Man still learning the ropes as a hero. I would like to see him more settled down and married to MJ while being more experienced as a hero. That aspect is getting old too to go along with the origin story.

Blog Entries

sorry to derive away from civil war for a bit, but i'm really behind on these and finally watched deadpool tonight.

really not good. as some of you know i dislike those comics so i guess i shouldn't be surprised but i was kinda hoping for something more. nope it's just like the comics, bad edgy annoying one-liners with just a few smart jokes peppered in here and there. ryan reynolds is definitely annoying enough to play this annoying character. wanted to like the movie but it was pretty awful and like seriously disjointed. an R rated superhero movie can be done well, and there's evidence of this, but this just isn't the way to go. they don't really give breathing room for anything and the haphazard way the story is told (in segments until the half-way point, jumping through time in wade's life a lot) was just straight-up bad filmmaking. while i'm relieved this was only about an hour and a half, this movie probably could've used the typical two hour runtime they always have nowadays. they spend way too much time on that car chase sequence. and i wasn't sure exactly sure how much damage could be done to the main villain. at first i thought he was indestructible but then Nope He Got Shotted To Death. like i'm sure this was explained well enough in the comics but these guys didn't translate it very well to screen. the set piece at the end was very pretty of course, probably the best thing in the movie. that and stan lee being a strip club dj. arguably his best cameo in a marvel movie. at least the movie has that going for it. probably the worst marvel cinematic universe movie i've seen? i'm sure the thor movies are worse but i'll decidedly not see those

Blog Entries

i mean i liked it, but it was like a family guy episode turned into a superhero film

Blog Entries

yeah that bit where deadpool kills the baddie after the impassioned speech by colossus, followed by him throwing up was right out of a family guy cutaway

Blog Entries

it's not just that, also most of the dialogue by wade and his bartender friend was reminiscent of a macfarlane project. oh let's make a ref to wham!, let's make a ref to blade! let's make sure i'm wearing an adventure time watch! all those pointless references.

Blog Entries

though i will admit the ferris bueller post-credits scene got me. that was a good'un

Blog Entries

Well the Blade reference was to his character in Blade Trinity, which is one of the things that sparked interest in Reynolds playing Deadpool.
    a soul for disguise

Blog Entries

ABC cancelled Agent Carter and is not going through with Agents of SHIELD spin-off, Marvel's Most Wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by super nintendo chalmers View Post
    i mean i liked it, but it was like a family guy episode turned into a superhero film
    They made the same comment in the Honest Trailers for Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    probably the worst marvel cinematic universe movie i've seen? i'm sure the thor movies are worse but i'll decidedly not see those
    Deadpool isn't MCU but it is part of the X-Men film series (but it was interesting that the final battle took place besides and on an partially dismantled helicarrier). Anyway, regarding the film itself I didn't think it was that bad and I liked it just fine, but it wasn't fantastic and I think the X-Men ensemble films are better (and I can definitely see the Family Guy flair).

Quote Originally Posted by handsome_devil View Post
    yeah that bit where deadpool kills the baddie after the impassioned speech by colossus, followed by him throwing up was right out of a family guy cutaway
    I really didn't like how predictable that scene was; by then, even the ones not familiar with the character of Deadpool prior to the movie, would have some fair understanding of the character when getting to this part and almost surely would have expected him to ignore the speech and do just that.

Blog Entries

Of course a movie I enjoyed gets trashed days after I mentioned it.

...I need to stop posting permanently already...

Beyond the point of no return Xaiv's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Deadpool was a fun flick. If you went in expecting anything other than Deadpool, I don't understand what you're gripin about.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Oh, that's raspberry! View Post
    Of course a movie I enjoyed gets trashed days after I mentioned it.

...I need to stop posting permanently already...
    u need to stop having bad opinions imho

Thread Information