Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

I'm so sad about Agent Carter, oy. I mean, obviously we know what happens to her (and Jarvis) in the end so there's no specific tension of that sort in regards to "what will happen" but all the story in between would've been so great to see. And so far, it WAS great to see. Gonna miss that show so bad.

But for Most Wanted, I'm half laughing here. I didn't want the spin-off because these guys were fine on SHIELD and now they can't even go back.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

i fall and i fall and i fall bias's Avatar
    Blog Entries

i mean i liked deadpool a lot
    i thought, for what it was, it was great. it was supposed to be dick jokes, bloody action and stupid shit. and yeah I expected him to kill the guy during colossus' speech and such but expecting the joke made it funny for me

i can also understand why people wouldn't enjoy it. some of the humour was pretty juvenile but i mean i am a juvenile so i found most of it funny
    Quote Originally Posted by kupomog
    father dies while son tinychats

Blog Entries

I just saw Captain America: Civil War, and it was amazing! The story was really good, and the characters were really great. Black Panther was awesome, and his actor was fantastic in the role. Spider-Man was hilarious and awesome, and pretty much stole the show in every scene he was in. Zemo is one of the best villains ever introduced into the MCU, being very complex, understandable motivations, and giving a very understated, subtle performance. Even if he isn't really close to his comic self, I still thought he was a great villain. The jokes were hilarious and none of them felt like they missed their mark or that there were too many. I also liked that Steve and Tony also had understandable motives for going up against each other, and while they both had moments that you could understand them and root for them, there was also moments where did they something skivvy that makes them look questionable (Such as Tony's obsession with locking up Wanda, or Steve's obsession with Bucky clouding his judgment).

The fight scenes and actions was great too. Watching the heroes fight each were a lot of fun. The six vs six match was probably the best, especially when   Giant-Man  got involved. The final battle was amazing too. All in all, it's a really great film, and I think it was a better sequel to the Avengers then Age of Ultron. I definitely recommend it.

I'm looking forward to seeing Doctor Strange next.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kupomog View Post
    But for Most Wanted, I'm half laughing here. I didn't want the spin-off because these guys were fine on SHIELD and now they can't even go back.
    Can we really be so sure that they can't bring those two characters back to Agents Of SHIELD? It still feels like something they could do.

Waiting eagerly for Doctor Strange also..
    Yet I wonder,.. Marvel films seem to be dropping the "Baron" title from their classic villains, ..Will Baron Mordo be just "Morbo" in the MCU?

withered gas station rose Bart's treehouse's Avatar

Civil War was not bad. New Spiderman is pretty horrendous and I just wish these movies wouldn't try so hard to make lame jokes. Rudd is able to pull it off b/c I think he is a great comedic actor(same reason why some of Iron Man's jokes actually land). The "civil war" battle was nicely shot but it did feel reeeeal long. This movie did it's job tho b/c I'm now back into caring about where this story is gonna go. Black Panther was p chill.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Waiting eagerly for Doctor Strange also..
    Yet I wonder,.. Marvel films seem to be dropping the "Baron" title from their classic villains, ..Will Baron Mordo be just "Morbo" in the MCU?
    Well, if they do, they can always call him by his first name instead: Karl.

Although I'm pretty sure they still referred to Strucker as a baron in Age of Ultron.

Just saw Civil War again ( in 3D ).. and I have a question about "Visions" participation in the big hero battle.. While everyone else was featured quite evenly mixing it up with one another,.. it felt like he just sat out of frame for 90% of the fight.. Is it because he's too powerful and they didnt know how to use him? or their saving his best for another movie?

I think he felt if he participated he would only add to the chaos he was so against. Plus I think we'll see much more of what Vision can do in Infinity War since he has the Soul Gem that Thanos wants.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I'm like the dexter of masturbation.

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    Can we really be so sure that they can't bring those two characters back to Agents Of SHIELD? It still feels like something they could do.
    Maybe they could show up as guests but I don't see how they could ever be actual SHIELD agents or even partners again given what happened and I have no real interest in seeing them do their own spy thing outside of SHIELD's org. It would be neat for them to pop up on their own to help Coulson and co. but again, they should've just never left SHIELD.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Thompsons View Post
    I think he felt if he participated he would only add to the chaos he was so against. Plus I think we'll see much more of what Vision can do in Infinity War since he has the Soul Gem that Thanos wants.
    It's actually the Mind Gem.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Old painty-can Ned View Post
    Civil War was not bad. New Spiderman is pretty horrendous and I just wish these movies wouldn't try so hard to make lame jokes. Rudd is able to pull it off b/c I think he is a great comedic actor(same reason why some of Iron Man's jokes actually land). The "civil war" battle was nicely shot but it did feel reeeeal long. This movie did it's job tho b/c I'm now back into caring about where this story is gonna go. Black Panther was p chill.

You do realize Peter Parker making shitty jokes has been his MO for fifty years? I haven't seen the movie but Peter being mouthy and dumb is something that was sorely lacking from the other movies. Or have you only seen the movies?

Blog Entries

yeah i was gonna pick that out too but didn't really want the fight
    spiderman's supposed to be a dickish kid, like if i were spiderman i wouldve been saying that shit too
    and if you didn't laugh at what he said like what the hell dude he was hilarious
    "you have the right to remain silent!"
    "woah, you have a metal arm? that's cool!"
    "hey buddy i think you lost this!"

Just because it matches a character trait from 1937 doesn't mean it is going to be enjoyable now.

Blog Entries

Spider man wasn't even invented until the 60s, bruh

Blog Entries

Just because it matches a character trait from 1937 doesn't mean it is going to be enjoyable now.
    Spider-Man wasn't even born until 1962.

o my bad. Guess he was great in this movie A+++

Blog Entries

At least they got someone who looks the age. Super young guy who is suddenly thrust into scenarios out of his league and he deals with it with dumb quips and intentionally being aggravating to his older opponents. That IS how spider-man should be portrayed.

nobody likes Toby McGuire
    Last edited by D4C; 05-18-2016 at 12:33 PM.

fan fatale of Takena Nagao jal90's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm struggling to imagine a possible scenario where acting dumb and being childish are traits that stopped working in the 30s.

I picked a random year from decades ago because most people that are into comics want their characters to act like characters that were created 70 years ago. It was all in jest. I don't judge characters based on how they were in other mediums but instead just how they are in that movie. Same reason why I don't like comparing books to their cinematic adaptations and shit like that.

Blog Entries

i mean i much prefer this spiderman to both maguire's and garfield's performances and that's because hollan fits what spiderman should be
    maguire was good as spiderman, he was funny and he played the nerd side of parker quite well, but he couldn't pull of the fact that spiderman is a teenager and not like 30 years old
    garfield again was OK as being spiderman. he showed promise, at least to me, in the first amazing spiderman movie, especially in that scene where he's getting threatened by the knife. unfortunately for garfield he got stuck with a shitty script and nobody could've made up for that, especially not a newbie like garfield was at that time.

holland on the other hand absolutely nails it. im not judging his performance entirely on what the comics say, im also placing him next to garfield and maguire as to whether the dude could hold his own with them. he does, really really well. he can pull off teen spiderman, he can make good jokes, he can be nerdy peter.

i mean really we'll have to wait and see until next year, where holland is on his own in a movie and doesn't have any big names helping him out.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by D4C View Post
    You do realize Peter Parker making shitty jokes has been his MO for fifty years?
    lol, Ned thinks it's 1987 right now

Blog Entries

Whenever I say "50 years ago" my knee jerk reaction is to think 1950s like its sill 2003. Honestly, saying a really old date when obviously they didn't mean THAT old is exactly the kind of thing Peter Parker would say.

"Come on, Mysterio. It's not the Great Depression anymore, old man!"
    "I'm not old damn it!"

and then then he gets sloppy, setting Peter up for the win.

Blog Entries

The cast list for Thor: Ragnorok is out. Thor, Odin, Loki, and Heimdall are back. Mark Ruffalo will return as the Hulk.

New additions are Jeff Goldblum as the Grandmaster, Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie, Cate Blanchett as Hela (who will be the villian), and Karl Urban as Skurge the Executioner.

http://www.screenrant.com/thor-3-cast-characters/

Blog Entries

More pumped for this than any other movie, really. I'm not even sure why. Excited to see Hulk I guess?

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod

Blog Entries

Thankgod for the MCU!.. really! Up untill now, your average superhero movie franchise has been like a bird tethered to a perch.. only flying out so far, (3 movies) before being yanked back to its origin story.. In years past I made the complaint that the only thing interesting it seems about TV/Movie Spiderman is his origin,.. and some of the immediate follow up stories.. Batman & Superman also.

I love seeing X-Men, Cap and Iron-man hit the ground running, and keep moving onward. with many more to follow.

Blog Entries

The mystery of what happened to Thor during Civil War has been solved.

Thread Information