Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Marvel Cinematic Universe

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

@Sam ur favorite movie

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by kwijibo View Post
    I just had to link this thread to the one MB made...

Anyway, guys, what do you think of the new Spider-Man film?
    Is good! Love the cameo from a certain someone in the mid-credits scene! So glad they brought him back to reprise the role!

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Banned

J.K. Simmons, isn't it?

Blog Entries

that dude is busy doing car insurance commercials
    Fuck Donald Trump. #NotMyPresident

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cam View Post
    @Sam ur favorite movie
    no my favorite movie is iron man3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    no my favorite movie is iron man3
    I was talking about Far From Home, but whatever...

EDIT: Hang on! My quote was way above @cam's quote a moment ago, but now it vanished. What the fuck happened?
    Last edited by kwijibo; 08-16-2019 at 10:55 AM.

Banned

J.K. Simmons, isn't it?
    Yes! It is! Glad he returned as J. Jonah Jameson!

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

Anyway, guys, what do you think of the new Spider-Man film?
    Spider-Man: Far From Home was quite good. Better than it's predecessor Homecoming IMO. Worked well as an epilogue to Avengers: Endgame and as a movie in itself.

Liked how it did some things new with the Europe setting, the action and the humor was nice (and the relationship stuff was handled pretty well) & I liked the take on Mysterio (for one thing the virtual reality hallucinations were pretty cool, especially that one scene where Spidey gets trapped in one);  surprised how they made a guy who's in reality wearing a mo-cap suit and a transparent glass bowl helmet threatening .

I also liked the penultimate end scene with JK Simmons back as J Jonah Jameson (no one can top his performance from the Raimi movies so I understand they got him back) and the stinger, which made things interesting; I wonder how they'll handle that in the next one.

Lastly, to follow up on my last post about Endgame, I will say that I did see it shortly afterwards and it was solid overall and almost everything I could have hoped for. I wish they had managed to work Captain Marvel into the film better and not just in the beginning and towards the end (I don't think they even mentioned her name so those who missed her solo film are bound to be a little confused) but other than that it was very enjoyable and a good finale of sorts, not perfect but very good and one big love letter to the fans, especially with that battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterland Buddies View Post
    And this makes Valkyrie the first LGBTQ+ superhero in the MCU. But this is just flat out insulting to Norse mythology.
    So in short,
    LGBQT characters in Norse mythology - insulting
    Odin and Thor being humanoid aliens who live in a super advanced space society - yeah sure, nothing wrong over here.

but also get in the discord.
    Even the noblest concerto can be stripped of its beauty and soul

Last edited by CousinMerl; 08-21-2019 at 12:41 AM.

Banned

Yep. It’s bad. Everyone is angry and now people have started petitions and are using the hashtag “#BoycottSony”. Some people are even going beyond that by threatening to boycott the PS4. Plus Jeremy Renner asked Sony to bring back Spider-Man. Come on people. Let’s save Spider-Man from impending doom.

#BoycottSony

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Tromboon View Post
    So in short,
    LGBQT characters in Norse mythology - insulting
    Odin and Thor being humanoid aliens who live in a super advanced space society - yeah sure, nothing wrong over here.

but also get in the discord.

What discord?

14. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

So spider-man's been downgraded to netflix-canon, big deal

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    So spider-man's been downgraded to netflix-canon, big deal
    Don’t worry! We can boycott Sony and the PS4 to save Spidey! In fact, I have an idea! Let’s boycott Sony’s Marvel Universe and any sequels or spin-offs to Into the Spider-Verse! That’ll teach Sony not to mess with Marvel!

Blog Entries

Spider-verse is superior to anything from the mcu and proves that sony doesn't need them

#StandWithSony

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Homer View Post
    Spider-verse is superior to anything from the mcu and proves that sony doesn't need them

#StandWithSony
    No! Well, does Spider-Verse have a massive showdown featuring a crap ton of characters in the end fighting extraterrestrial villains? I think not.

#BoycottSony

20. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Two-Bit

Blog Entries

that does not buying another playstation ever

This Sony thing feels a litte confusing. At first they say they say that Sony breaks the ties with Marvel Studios and the MCU, then Sony say that it's a misunderstanding and that it's Disney's decision to drop Feige's affiliation with Sony (and that Sony possibly, maybe has no intention of removing the character from the MCU), then the first things is said and then theres words on an possible upcoming deal. What a mess.

But anyway, I don't really feel any outrage or a pressing need to jump onto the #BoycottSony bandwagon. Sure, it's a shame if Spidey has go from the MCU (especially with how Marvel Studios helped them save the character after the mistake that was Amazing Spider-Man 2), but with how much of a financial sucess Spider-Verse, Venom and Far From Home were and how Disney wants half of the cut despite only being lent the character rights I can understand why, though I do feel it's an arrogant mistake. Still, I'm not angry about it and think a lot of the online backlash is way too harsh, though I'd side with the skeptics.

Maybe Sony has the ability to produce good Spider-Man movies on their own (which Spider-Verse proved as it's probably my favorite of them so far), but if they don't I can see them come crawling back to the cross and asking to be let back into the MCU game again. If not, I'm guessing Disney will have to buy the film rights from Sony (they already have the TV rights already, which cost Sony 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' which is usually considered the best animated show about the character).

The development of this will certainly be interesting.
    Last edited by CousinMerl; 08-22-2019 at 01:23 PM.

23. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CousinMerl View Post
    This Sony thing feels a litte confusion. At first they say they say that Sony breaks the ties with Marvel Studios and the MCU, then Sony say that it's a misunderstanding and that it's Disney's decision to drop Feige's affiliation with Sony (and that Sony possibly, maybe has no intention of removing the character from the MCU), then the first things is said and then theres words on and possible upcoming deal. What a mess.

But anyway, I don't really feel any outrage or a pressing need to jump onto the #BoycottSony bandwagon. Sure, it's a shame if Spidey has go from the MCU (especially with how Marvel Studios helped them save the character after the mistake that was Amazing Spider-Man 2), but with how much of a financial sucess Spider-Verse, Venom and Far From Home were and how Disney wants half of the cut despite only being lent the character rights I can understand why, though I do feel it's an arrogant mistake. Still, I'm not angry about it and think a lot of the online backlash is way too harsh, though I'd side with the skeptics.

Maybe Sony has the ability to produce good Spider-Man movies on their own (which Spider-Verse proved as it's probably my favorite of them so far), but if they can I can see them come crawling back to the cross and asking to be let back into the MCU game again. If not, I'm guessing Disney will have to open they wallets and spend to buy the film rights (they already have the TV rights already, which cost Sony 'The Spectacular Spider-Man' which is usually considered the best animated show about the character).

The development of this will certainly be interesting.
    Yep. But I hope Spider-Man properly returns to the MCU instead of being demoted to being a TV show character.

Banned

Agreed, @CousinMerl. This whole situation is just really confusing!

I wish Sony would just get their shit together and work on the third MCU Spider-Man film with Marvel Studios.

But yeah, it sucks that Kevin Fiege won't work on the Spider-Man films anymore. I hope the studio is still planning on producing these films (considering the success of Into the Spider-Verse). Before Homecoming, they made plenty of good films by themselves (even though The Amazing Spider-Man films were pretty lame) and I hope they continue doing those in the future... especially with Sony's Marvel Universe in the way.

Blog Entries

I think it's pretty clear disney leaked this during negotiations so that the fan outrage forces congress to pass emergency legislation saying only disney is allowed to make movies

27. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Hercules Rockefeller Homer Samson's Avatar

J.K. Simmons was best as J. Jonah Jameson on the Simpsons, always wanted some poems about Spiderman
    Best and Worst Episode per Season:
    1: Krusty Gets Busted/Homer's Night Out 2: One Fish, Two Fish, Blowfish, Blue Fish/Bart's Dog Gets an 'F' 3: Bart the Murderer/Saturdays of Thunder 4: Homer the Heretic/So Its Come To This: A Simpsons Clip Show 5: Cape Feare/Lady Bouvier's Lover 6: Homie the Clown/Another Simpsons Clip Show 7: Raging Abe Simpson and his Grumbling Grandson in " The Curse of the Flying Hellfish"/Homerpalooza 8: The Springfield Files/The Old Man and the Lisa 9: The City of New York vs. Homer Simpson/Miracle on Evergreen Terrace 10: Mayored to the Mob/Homer Simpson in: Kidney Trouble 11: Grift of the Magi/Eight Misbehavin' 12: Trilogy of Error/I'm Goin' to Praiseland 13: The Blunder Years/The Lastest Gun in the West 14: Moe Baby Blues/The Strong Arms of the Ma 15: Fraudcast News/Co-Dependent's Day 16: The Heartbroke Kid/Homer and Ned's Hail Mary Pass 17: The Seemingly Never-Ending Story/The Bonfire of the Manatees 18: The Mook, The Chef, The Wife, and Her Homer/The Boys of Bummer 19: Eternal Moonshine of the Simpson Mind/Husbands and Knives 20: Gone Maggie Gone/Lisa the Drama Queen 21: The Squirt and the Whale/The Greatest Story Ever D'ohed 22: Homer Scissorhands/The Fight Before Christmas 23: The Book Job/Lisa Goes Gaga 24: The Saga of Carl/Love is a Many-Splintered Thing 25: Brick Like Me/What to Expect When Bart's Expecting 26: Sky Police/The Musk Who Fell to Earth 27: Barthood/Every Man's Dream 28: 22 for 30/The Caper Chase 29: Flanders' Ladder/Singin' in the Lane 30: Woo-hoo Dunnit?/I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Monsterland Buddies View Post
    Don’t worry! We can boycott Sony and the PS4 to save Spidey! In fact, I have an idea! Let’s boycott Sony’s Marvel Universe and any sequels or spin-offs to Into the Spider-Verse! That’ll teach Sony not to mess with Marvel!
    Isn't it Marvel that supposedly caused all this shit by trying to eat into Sony's part of the deal because they're greedy assholes? But yeah sure, this is somehow Sony's fault.

And ITSV is one of the greatest superhero films ever made, don't @ me
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

30. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kwijibo

Blog Entries

it's no spider man 3 (2007)

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

"do you have any cookies with nuts?"
    "I...I can make some!"
    "Go make me some!"

34. Thumbs Up To This Post by: pax

Blog Entries

Can't disagree there

36. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Blog Entries

Now dig on this...

38. Thumbs Up To This Post by: cam

Banned

Good news! Spider-Man is reportedly returning to the MCU! This video contains all the details:

https://youtu.be/onhygON2Vrk

Looks like we won’t need to boycott Sony after all!

oh dear, I say! The Spruce Moose's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wasn't going to anyway but cool
    Quote Originally Posted by The Egg Council Creepy View Post
    Here's FIVE non-rock songs I like:
    Take On Me
    Hello
    Mad World
    Unreal Superhero 3
    Lisa Frank 420/Modern Computing
    So i'm not a rockist

Thread Information