View Poll Results: Was The Wait Worthwhile?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 !Dad Nacirema

4 30.77%
  • 4/5 Trash of the Titans

4 30.77%
  • 3/5 How Your Mother Met Me

3 23.08%
  • 2/5 The Celebration Experimentation

0 0%
  • 1/5 Congratulations AD!, here's to 200 more great eps in the future! (laughs)

2 15.38%

Thread: Rate and Review American Dad!: "The Two Hundred"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rate and Review American Dad!: "The Two Hundred"

Original Airdate: March 28th, 2016. Stan, tattooed and haunted, travels a barren Langley Falls alone. Meanwhile, a mysterious element known as 'The Two Hundred' has reigned terror on the town and separated Stan from his family. Rate and review.
    Just because I'm stupider than them, they think they're smarter than me!
    Simpsons Season 27 Ratings:
    Every Man's Dream-4.8/10 Cue Detective-6/10 Puffless-7/10 Halloween of Horror-8.4/10 Treehouse of Horror XXVI-(4.5, 5, 3.5) 4.25/10 Friend With Benefit-5/10 Lisa With An 'S'-5.5/10 Paths of Glory--/10 Barthood--/10 The Girl Code--/10 Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles--/10 Much Apu About Something--/10 Gal of Constant Sorrow--/10 Love Is in the N2-O2-Ar-CO2-Ne-He-CH4--/10 Lisa the Veterinarian--/10 The Marge-ian Chronicles--/10 The Burns Cage--/10 How Lisa Got Her Marge Back--/10 Fland Canyon--/10 Simprovised--/10 To Courier With Love--/10 Orange is the New Yellow--/10
    Futurama Season 7B Ratings:
    2-D Blacktop-7.5/10 Fry and Leela's Big Fling-7.9/10 T.: The Terrestrial-8.2/10 Forty Percent Leadbelly-6.8/10 The Inhuman Torch-8.4/10 Saturday Morning Fun Pit-(9, 7, 8.5) 8.2/10 Calculon 2.0-8.7/10 Assie Come Home-8.5/10 Leela and the Genestalk-7.2/10 Game of Tones-9.2/10 Murder on The Planet Express-9/10 Stench and Stenchibility-8.5/10 Meanwhile-9.5/10
    Jumping the Shark since 1998...
    Alternate Ending Winner of NHC Survivor Season 1

This was okay in some parts, but Rapture's Delight did if so much better. 2.5/5

Remember Me As I Was 1010011010's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A few funny moments here and there (Roger's reactions to Stan's tattoo's, Greg somehow surviving through it all). Plot sounded good on paper for a milestone ep (despite it's similarities to Rapture's Delight), but wasn't executed as well as it should've been, kinda boring in places honestly. Did enjoy the ending shots with the 200 Rogers and recurring characters, wish we could've seen a little more of them than just background fanservice (wasn't expecting a fully animated battle, but a little more than just the Roger's yelling their names like in the TBS commercials, maybe show some one off characters again like 100 AD did).

3/5.

An absolutely phenomenal milestone episode that was so close to biting off more than it could chew but managed to deliver just the right amount. The stories behind Stan's tattoos, everyone besides the Smiths and Greg turning into cannibals, Roger's 200+ personas in full-on battle mode. I loved every minute of it. Hell, I might just put this on the same level as "Rapture's Delight," it was that good. Easily a 5/5 for me.

5. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Smear-Gel

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So, it's non canon? Anyway it was a very good one. And that ending gave me a fan orgasm

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

Lived up to Rapture's Delight perfectly actually, 5/5
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

Blog Entries

Is it weird that I'm kinda dissapointed that they didn't bother to come up with a way to reset everything by the end of this? Like, it was a really fun ride but for some reason having it culminate in such a huge battle, with the implication that pretty much every supporting cast member the show has ever had is dead, and Klaus as some sort of huge Dragon/Fish hybrid... I'm honestly not sure why I feel like the ending is so unsatisfying tbh. Like, I think part of it is that while you can argue not resetting at the end is a bold move, we all know shit's gonna be back to normal next episode anyway with nothing more said about it, so I guess the lack of continuity on such a big story just... irked me a little?

And again, I have no idea why that bothers me. "Hot Water" ended on the note of Stan and others dying and I love that episode. Maybe because this wasn't directly parodying anything (That I'm aware of) and therefore the reason for just having it play out as it did seemed a little more odd. With episodes like "Rapture's Delight" they still found a way to effectively hit the reset button without completely dismissing the events that happened, and the same can be said for other out of the norm epic episodes (Mostly the Christmas ones).

Really fun ride, as I noted before, Lewis works really well in an antagonist role, and I liked the use of Greg (Especially given that this was just one episode following his split from Terry, who, for those who may not have noticed, was actually one of the many characters shown to have turned cannibalistic near the end), and Stan's backstories with his tats made for a nice way of giving each member of the family a chance to shine since Stan and Roger were the ones with the vast majority of the screen time in this. The way they fucked with the opening was also neat. Seeing all of those old Roger personas was a nice treat too, and Stephen Merchant got a few lines in this, which is another plus as I really like his voice.

4/5.
    How to remaster

9. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Smear-Gel

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Quote Originally Posted by Rehpotsirhc View Post
    So, it's non canon?
    How do you tell with AD? Technically, in canon, everything is taking place in Stan's personal heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Is it weird that I'm kinda dissapointed that they didn't bother to come up with a way to reset everything by the end of this? Like, it was a really fun ride but for some reason having it culminate in such a huge battle, with the implication that pretty much every supporting cast member the show has ever had is dead, and Klaus as some sort of huge Dragon/Fish hybrid... I'm honestly not sure why I feel like the ending is so unsatisfying tbh. Like, I think part of it is that while you can argue not resetting at the end is a bold move, we all know shit's gonna be back to normal next episode anyway with nothing more said about it, so I guess the lack of continuity on such a big story just... irked me a little?

And again, I have no idea why that bothers me. "Hot Water" ended on the note of Stan and others dying and I love that episode. Maybe because this wasn't directly parodying anything (That I'm aware of) and therefore the reason for just having it play out as it did seemed a little more odd. With episodes like "Rapture's Delight" they still found a way to effectively hit the reset button without completely dismissing the events that happened, and the same can be said for other out of the norm epic episodes (Mostly the Christmas ones).
    I feel like it'd be possible it all worked out and they just rebuilt. One Roger in the future scene could just mean the Rogers lost and the family escaped while they were all being canniballed.

Though Klaus still being a dragon in the future messes that up.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    I liked the use of Greg (Especially given that this was just one episode following his split from Terry, who, for those who may not have noticed, was actually one of the many characters shown to have turned cannibalistic near the end)
    Huh. I need to watch last week's episode.

Blog Entries

Yeah, this episode was a fun one even if it's already explored territory for the show. I liked that Greg kept surviving and the 200 Rogers was a nice touch (love that Ricky Spanish was in there), but again this feels well-worn. Roger being the cause of everything and the ever-uncaring mischief maker seems to be an apt description for what the majority of the show has turned into in the last 100 episodes (whereas the first hundred seemed to rely more on high concepts and exploiting the magic factor of the CIA's labs), and yeah... it's getting old. Stan being a dick to his family is written funny, but it's just getting old. The Francine Ferris Bueller riff felt like it was in another episode, and just reminded me of when Family Guy did it well over a decade ago (when it was still good, even!)... even though I gave the episode a 4/5, it only got it because the joke writing was way more consistent than usual and the 200th episode milestone gets it an automatic pass. Otherwise I really, really could do without American Dad going to this well for the millionth time again.

Also: does anybody find the now constant inclusion of the "everybody's secretly gay!" joke to be a pretty lazy excuse for "edgy" comedy? I was just thinking about how they did this joke last week with Stan, and it's getting pretty obvious that they're doing it just because they can. Like Principal Lewis seeing Stan's tattoos and quickly saying "sexy" feels so much of a childish attempt at random humor. Drawn Together did this but it worked because 1) it was a parody of reality shows which often feature everybody just sleeping with each other and 2) they folded it into who the characters were, the plots and went all the way with it. Here it just seems like they thought it was funny with Roger, so why not do it with every character to elicit a laugh now? I think it's incredibly ironic that on the other hand, nobody said a TBS-mandated swear word either. (or at least I don't remember it) So... at least there was that.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    The Francine Ferris Bueller riff felt like it was in another episode, and just reminded me of when Family Guy did it well over a decade ago (when it was still good, even!)
    Had the same thought. Even though I've only ever really seen that scene parodied on Family Guy and Regular Show, it was still enough for me to be like "Fuck, this is such a tired bit".

Also with regards the TBS swear words, I can't remember if they used any in this either but if they didn't maybe it's because they doubled down on the edgy quota last week by having Stan casually cooling off his cock and balls while watching the news.

15. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Startug

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Also: does anybody find the now constant inclusion of the "everybody's secretly gay!" joke to be a pretty lazy excuse for "edgy" comedy? I was just thinking about how they did this joke last week with Stan, and it's getting pretty obvious that they're doing it just because they can. Like Principal Lewis seeing Stan's tattoos and quickly saying "sexy" feels so much of a childish attempt at random humor.
    I thought Principal Lewis was really promiscuous?

Thread Information