Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many states have you been to?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Hired Goon

How many states have you been to?

It's kind of a cliche "life goal" but someday I want to visit all 50 states. So far I've visited 18. Here they are in rough order. Layovers don't count, or I'd have a couple more on the list.

1. Texas - born there
    2. Tennessee - I've lived there most of my life
    3. Maryland - grew up there until age 9; lived there again from '03-'07
    4. Virginia - I lived right near the border in Maryland so I was there a lot. Aunt and uncle live there too
    5. Pennsylvania - stayed in a cabin there one weekend
    6. Arkansas - family reunion a loooong ass time ago
    7. Georgia- One of my grandparents lived there
    8. Mississippi - Another family reunion, Thanksgiving '97 I think
    9. Kentucky- Had a field trip there, to the theme park Kentucky Kingdom. Coincidentally this was exactly one week before the Seinfeld finale aired.
    10. Utah - Grandmother lives there. I've been three times. Gorgeous state. Zion National Park is one of the most beautiful places I've ever been.
    11. Nevada - Whenever I fly to Utah, I land at Macarren airport which is smack in Las Vegas. I've shopped around a little bit around the city so technically I have set foot there, not just in the airport.
    12. New York - Had an awesome fun board meetup there in 2011. Mostly the old board krew, but @Ryan was also there. Unless I'm having a total brain fart he's the only one who was there who currently posts here.
    13. Alabama - Hung out with some other board friends there at and around Space Camp.
    14. Louisiana - Went on a cruise which docked out of New Orleans. Not my favorite city but it was pretty cool. The food was EXCELLENT
    15. Florida - 2 years later, I went on a cruise out of Jacksonville. Place was HUMID AS ASS but it was really cool to be so close to the coast.
    16. North Carolina - Girlfriend is from there. Visited her family the last 2 Thanksgivings
    17. South Carolina - We passed through it on the way back
    18. Arizona - Visited the North rim of the Grand Canyon last year. Fucking incredible.

This year I'm going on a road trip vacation, so I'm potentially adding five more. I can't wait.

2. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Blog Entries

None but I do want to visit America someday. I've always to go to New York.

Blog Entries

california born in san jose
    idaho lived most of my life in the boise area
    illinois lived in chicago for like a year and a half
    virginia live in norfolk
    washington many times as a kid
    oregon many times as a kid
    nevada many times as a kid
    arizona many times as a kid
    utah many times as a kid
    montana many times as a kid
    wyoming many times as a kid
    colorado many times as a kid
    nebraska driven through
    iowa driven through
    missouri driven through
    indiana driven through
    kentucky driven through
    west virginia driven through
    wisconsin went to kenosha and milwaukee
    louisiana went to new orleans
    florida went to jacksonville
    maine went to rockland
    maryland went to national harbor
    washington d.c. visited a couple times
    north carolina went to raleigh

how many is that? 24 and d.c.? pretty good. going to south carolina in the summer to visit my uncles so it'll 25 even, halfway baby.
    Last edited by hanna hilton; 03-16-2016 at 07:08 AM.

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Favorite and least favorite by season
    1. Krusty Gets Busted There’s No Disgrace Like Home 2. Bart Gets an F Dead Putting Society 3. Homer at the Bat Like Father, Like Clown 4. Brother From the Same Planet Krusty Gets Kancelled 5. Cape Feare Lady Bouvier’s Lover 6. Homer Badman Another Simpsons Clip Show 7. King-Size Homer Lisa the Iconoclast 8. Homer’s Enemy El Viaje Misterioso de Nuestro Jomer 9. Bart Carny The Trouble With Trillions 10. Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo Homer Simpson in: “Kidney Trouble” 11. Guess Who’s Coming to Criticize Dinner? Hello Gutter, Hello Fadder 12. HOMЯ Tennis the Menace 13. Tales From the Public Domain She of Little Faith 14. The Dad Who Knew Too Little Helter Shelter 15. I, Annoyed Grunt)-bot Bart-Mangled Banner 16. A Star is Torn On a Clear Day I Can’t See My Sister 17. My Fair Laddy Bonfire of the Manatees 18. The Haw-Hawed Couple You Kent Always Say What You Want 19. Funeral for a Fiend All About Lisa 20. Gone Maggie Gone The Good, the Sad and the Drugly 21. The Bob Next Door The Color Yellow 22. Donnie Fatso Love is a Many Strangled Thing 23. The Falcon and the D’ohman A Totally Fun Thing That Bart Will Never Do Again 24. Hardly Kirk-ing Moonshine River 25. The War of Art What to Expect When Bart’s Expecting 26. Sky Police Let’s Go Fly a Coot 27. Halloween of Horror Lisa With an ‘S’ 28. There Will Be Buds Moho House 29. Springfield Splendor Throw Grampa From the Dane

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    12. New York - Had an awesome fun board meetup there in 2011. Mostly the old board krew, but @Ryan was also there. Unless I'm having a total brain fart he's the only one who was there who currently posts here.
    well @eric technically still posts here sometimes!

but anyways:

1. Nevada: I currently live here, grew up here.
    2. California: lived here too, and was born here. Our house collapsed when I was six years old, and we moved to Vegas in early '95. Went to film school and was an LA resident for another four years from '09 to '13.
    3. Florida: been five times. Four times to Orlando for theme parks in 1997, 2001, 2006 and last year. In the early 00s, my parents took my sister and I on a trip to Miami and I remember very little. (but yeah: fucking humid)
    4. New York: three times, all to NYC. First was in 2002 on a family vacation, then 2007 with my extended family (I did also stay in Long Island then), and 2011 for the aformentioned board meetup.
    5. Hawaii: once in 2007 for my grandparents' 50th anniversary. Specifically Kauai, which was stupid gorgeous. Will be heading to Maui next year for my friend's wedding.
    6. Illinois: Chicago in 2010 with my parents. Beautiful, fascinating city.
    7. Louisana: here's where it gets a little strange. Went on a cruise which docked out of New Orleans. This was in 2011, and was somehow exactly one year before @Steve did the same thing... so don't look at me. (French Quarter is really awesome)
    8. Minnesota: three times: 2000, 2001 and 2003 to visit my cousins who live there near Minneapolis. I remember spending Xmas there in '03. It was beautiful in the snow.
    9. Arizona: grandparents used to live here in Prescott, and used to go countless times as a kid. They now live in San Francisco.
    10. Virgina: stopped through on the way to Washington D.C, also to Arlington.
    11. Utah: went to go to Cedar City for their Shakespeare festival when I was in high school with both my theatre class and my grandparents.
    12. Texas: twice, once to Dallas on a delayed layover sometime in the 90s, the other to Houston to visit some extended family back in 2011.
    13. Maryland: we went to a mall here in on that D.C. trip back in 2002, now that I remember.

Man, it's hard to believe it's that low. I was about to add Washington to the list to visit my sister in Seattle, but I couldn't make it. Ah well.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

mississippi cus birth, and the following for youthood vacations

arkansas
    alabama
    missouri
    florida
    tennessee

pre shit list innit

heavily considering levitation music fest in austin tx this year so that could be added soon?

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Aw dammit, well that confirms the brain fart!

I wonder what the last state I visit will be. I'm sure I'll want to hit up Hawaii and Alaska well before I reach all 50. Maybe one of the boring quiet states like Montana or Wyoming.

Blog Entries

if we're including states that were driven through I guess that adds New Jersey as a fourteenth.

1. California - Born here, raised here, still live here. I'm actually a 5th generation California--ultimately my dad's family can be traced back to the gold rush.
    2. Nevada - The second state I ever visited. I've been to both the Reno-Tahoe-Carson City area and the Las Vegas area. I still go to this state every now and then.
    3. Oregon - Been here for Crater Lake and the Portland area (including road trips up the coast).
    4. Washington - Aunt and uncle live here, so been here several times. Also been here on a road trip to Vancouver.
    5. Arizona - Been to the Grand Canyon as well as Tucson
    6. Georgia - I have some family that lives here, including second and third cousins. Visited them on a few occasions.
    7. Colorado - I've been to the Denver area a couple times.
    8. Illinois - I've been to Chicago on a trip once.
    9. New York - I've been to NYC once, mainly Manhattan, but I also briefly visited Brooklyn and Queens.
    10. Hawaii - Been here on vacation a couple times, mainly to Oahu, though I've also visited Maui.
    11. Virginia - Went here as part of a trip to D.C.
    12. Maryland - same as above.
    13. Montana - Been to the mountainous western part of the state, including Flathead Lake.
    14. Florida - Been here as part of my trips to Georgia, including to Disney World. I've never been to South Florida, though.
    15. Pennsylvania - As part of the D.C. trip, we went to Philadelphia.
    16. Delaware - Since we went to Philadelphia by bus, I must've passed through Delaware.

Washington D.C. - went here on a trip, included brief visits to surrounding areas, but most of the time (including the overnight stays) were spent here.

So yeah. Mostly have confined myself to the Western U.S. Haven't lived in any states other than California.
    "Your tears say more than real evidence ever could."

California- Vacation as kid and one last year and band tour
    Washington- multiple trips for concerts or to visit (live about 15 mins away from the BC/Washington border) and band tour
    Oregon- Band tour
    Arizona- Band tour
    New Mexico- Band tour

Blog Entries

Been close to all 48 continental states if driving through them counts. But in terms of actually visiting...

(Starting in New England and moving around geographically)

1. Massachusetts - Older sister went to Boston University, visited to help move her out/in.
    2. Pennsylvania - Various church trips, band trips, Hershey Park, skiing trips
    3. Delaware - One of my academic clubs went to Nationals one year and it was hosted at University of Delaware.
    4. Maryland - Lots of relatives there, one of my friends went to the University of Maryland and I visited him a few times.
    5. West Virginia - Went white-water rafting there
    6. Virginia - Born there, lived there until I was 8.
    7. North Carolina - Vacation (Outer Banks)
    8. South Carolina - Vacation (Myrtle Beach)
    9. Georgia - Lived in Atlanta for 4 months because of my job (loved Atlanta, good city).
    10. Florida - Various vacations, Disneyworld, marching band trips
    11. Louisiana - Marching band trip to the Sugar Bowl
    12. Tennessee - Visited Gatlinburg with friends.
    13. Kentucky - Visited plenty of times on various random trips
    14. Ohio - Duh.
    15. Michigan - Vacation (Lake Michigan)
    16. Indiana - Went to college there
    17. Illinois - Lots of family relatives there.
    18. Missouri - Visited St. Louis in marching band trip.
    19. South Dakota - Vacation (Mount Rushmore)
    20. Kansas - Annual conference for our church was there one year.
    21. Oklahoma - Went sight-seeing there briefly on road trip to California.
    22. Texas - Went sight-seeing there briefly on road trip to California.
    23. New Mexico - Visited Alburqueque on way to California. Beautiful city.
    24. Arizona - Visited Grand Canyon on way to California.
    25. Wyoming - Visited Yellowstone National Park
    26. Colorado - Annual conference for our church was there one year.
    27. Nevada - Vacation (Las Vegas)
    28. California - Various vacations, visits to see friends, bother people like @Ryan
    29. Oregon - Vacation when I was 5 or 6 years old.

I guess my parents' decision to drive a lot was good for something.

13. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Ryan

Hired Goon

if we're including states that were driven through I guess that adds New Jersey as a fourteenth.
    For myself, I count those as long as I got out of the car and set foot on the ground at one point. I rode a shuttle through a tiny corner of Arizona on the way to Utah, but I didn't count it at the time since I never got out.

If flight layovers counted, then I would have also been to California, Colorado, and Alaska.

I do want to actually visit Alaska. Been talking about taking a cruise there, which I believe would leave out of Washington. That would be hella cool.

Kinda like Jesus Financial Panther's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Broader description of mine:

Alabama: I think I went through it on a trip to Florida
    Colorado: Went on two vacations there, including one to see the Cardinals play the Rockies.
    Florida: Went there to see the Cardinals play the Marlins, and went there for a regular vacation.
    Georgia: My aunt used to live there, and I went there to see the Cardinals play the Braves.
    Illinois: Been through it a lot, and saw the Cardinals play the Cubs.
    Indiana: Been through it.
    Iowa: Grandparents live there; I usually see them a couple times a year.
    Kansas: Primary residence from grades 3-8 and current college
    Kentucky: Been through it, and stopped in the town of Springfield because that's where I used to think the Simpsons were located.
    Maryland: Saw the Cardinals play the Orioles
    Missouri: Primary residence from grades K-2, 9-12, and upcoming university.
    North Carolina: Went on a train there when I was very young.
    Oklahoma: Been through it.
    Pennsylvania: Went there to see the Cardinals play the Pirates.
    Tennessee: Been though there.
    Texas: Saw the Cardinals play the Astros and went to some other places.
    Virginia: Went to Arlington National Cemetery on trip to D.C.
    West Virginia: Stayed overnight in a hotel there.
    Wisconsin: Went to the House on the Rock a long time ago; later went to see the Cardinals play the Brewers.

I've only been to Tennessee since @D4C lived there before we moved in together. I've had layovers in other states but they don't count as I never left the airport.

I have no interest in visiting all of the mainland states because I'm 100% convinced I'd get mugged/beaten/shot for being brown in certain states.
    facebook / twitter / tumblr
    round and round let the city turn party in the hills we can party in the burbs roof on fire let it burn champagne in my hand I'm not concerned

1. Montana- Vacation at Glacier National Park and trade shows in Billings.
    2. North Dakota- Vacations to Minot when I was younger and the dollar was stronger.
    3. South Dakota- Mount Rushmore, The Four Corners
    4. Wyoming- The Four Corners
    5. New York- Visited during vacation for my cousin's wedding and also went there for my previous job.
    6. New Jersey- For work at my previous job.
    7. Virginia- For work at my previous job.
    8. Florida- Disneyworld and Cape Canaveral for a Shuttle launch.
    I'm just like Bart!
    I'm Bart, who are you? by The No Homers Club

Quote Originally Posted by lionelhutz123 View Post
    I'm like the dexter of masturbation.

Blog Entries

No one

Blog Entries

Tennessee
    South Carolina
    Florida
    Georgia

A Lonely, Insignificant Speck Insanity Pepper's Avatar
    A Has-Been Planet Orbited by a Cold, Indifferent Sun

The only state I've ever been to is Idaho (from the Canadian border to Coeur d'Alene). The only time I went there, I was a kid, and I don't remember it.

Blog Entries

georgia (lived here almost my whole life)
    florida (many vacations in orlando)
    south carolina (been on many haunted tours there)

states i passed through on my way up north that i hadn't been to previously:

north carolina
    virginia
    washington, d.c (saw the white house and the washington monument, some pre cool shit)
    new jersey (stopped there to get some breakfast, stood at the river overlooking new york city)
    pennsylvania (of course, i lived there for a full year. it's the best place i've been to tbh with you)

Blog Entries

Never went to the US.

Barely did other countries anyway :

Haven't ever been to the US. Although recently, I could have gone to New York if I wanted to as part of a school trip

Blog Entries

New York
    New Jersey
    Massachusetts
    North Carolina
    Georgia
    Florida
    Connecticut
    Oklahoma
    Pennsylvania
    And a few more.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

in the middle of a hoedown eric's Avatar

yeah @Steve what the hell

haha delaware, I'm never visiting you

26. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Steve

not one
    i've only been to 4 canadian provinces and i live in 1 of them
    really need to get out more

6 provinces for me, east of Quebec is foreign to me.

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

For provinces, I have been to Ontario, Quebec, Prince Edward Island, Nova Scotia, and New Brunswick,

For states, I have been to New York, Massachusetts, and Michigan. I know I have been to Ohio, but I don't remember it well because I was a kid. I have also driven through Pennsylvania and New Jersey, but didn't spend real time in either.

Around 30 States.. I could add quite a few countries to a international map also. .. might do Istanbul in a couple of weeks.

Hired Goon

Quote Originally Posted by eric View Post
    haha delaware, I'm never visiting you
    But you gotta go at least once, so you can do this!

32. Thumbs Up To This Post by: eric, Ryan

Blog Entries

Pennsylvania - Flew in to Philadelphia (and out of).
    Delaware - First time I left the state, woke up that day (and every day in PA) in Willow Grove, went Scranton, didn't go back to Willow Grove, went down to Delaware (Somewhere) to see a friend of the family for a few hours.
    New Jersey - Spent my weekends in New Jersey at Seaside Heights, also, Thanksgiving 2001 was in Tom's River.
    New York - Went to New York City for the day from New Jersey in 2001.

That's all the states I've been to to date in the order I've been to them, I went to America in 2001 and 2004.
    ILB

Tyrant onUSWomen'sSoccer Team D DEBBS's Avatar

Let's see:

Oregon
    Wasington
    Arizona
    New Mexico
    Texas
    Mississippi
    Louisiana
    Vermont (to visit the Ben and Jerry's factory)
    Maine
    New York

Thread Information