View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Too Cool for School

1 14.29%
  • 4/5 - School of Rock

3 42.86%
  • 3/5 - What I Go To School For

3 42.86%
  • 2/5 - School's Out

0 0%
  • 1/5 - School of Hard Knocks

0 0%

Thread: R&R - American Dad - "Stan-Dan Deliver"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R - American Dad - "Stan-Dan Deliver"

Original Air Date: March 14th, 2016

Roger becomes a teacher at Steve's school and gets involved with a class of underprivileged kids. Meanwhile, Stan and Francine visit a retirement home and Stan decides to stay.
    R&R after it airs!
    How to remaster

I gotta say, this Stand and Deliver parody was a lot better than I thought it'd be. Maybe not on the level of how South Park parodied it, but it still gave me some good laughs. The Rhythm Nation dance break was easily the best part, followed by anything with Principal Lewis. The retirement home B-plot was good too, even if it coasted on how random it was. I'd give this a 4/5.

Blog Entries

Jeez, the cold open bit where Francine talks about how she has nothing because Stan controls the money was dark.

It feels like its been a while since we've seen Principal Lewis... I almost forgot why people didn't like him. Then he started insinuating that Steve was going to be murdered by the inner city kids when he put him in that class and I remembered what an irredeemable sack of shit he is. That's not to say he can't be used for a good joke ("Do you think they can read lips?"/"THEY CAN'T EVEN READ BOOKS!") but damn it he's just so, so unlikable for the most part.

Other than that, the main plot was a lot of fun. Very silly from beat to beat. Retirement home story was meh and I found myself not really caring or enjoying it up until the last scene where Stan revealed he was just fucking around. 3.5/5 and a 4 for the poll.

Blog Entries

Yeah not bad. the titular Disguise was a decent foundation for silly gags and most of them were pretty successful. what was up with that retirement home subplot though. it was just confusing. is it a commentary on how... nurses take old people's assets??? And then it turns out the nurse actually does have all of Stan's things and then in a flash Klaus resolves the suddenly-introduced conflict immediately. It was definitely pretty muddled, but I enjoyed the main plot enough to give it a 4/5.

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

lewis helped this episode immensely, missed that deranged motherfucker. the roger plot was fun too, although the whole thing of him horny over steve was odd but whatever.

stan plot was bleh

3/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Thread Information