Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ducktales 2017 revival

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

Ducktales 2017 revival

got our first promo image from the new ducktales revival coming next year to disney xd.

https://twitter.com/DisneyD23/status/706897290305228800

looks interesting, seems to have a similar style to the new mickey mouse shorts

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm nothing short of sceptical considering Alan Young (who voiced Scrooge in DuckTales and has continued to do so in other stuff related to the Duckburg universe) is 96 by this point. He was already 71 even when the show started. Will he be able to stick around for a few years, or do they have to get a new voice actor?
    I love Alan Young as Scrooge, it'll be sad if they decide to cast someone else. Unless I see him credited on the cast list, I'm weary about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

3. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Sam

Blog Entries

so you love him but can't get his age right? he would be very disappointed!

also he's been doing the voice in the new mickey mouse shorts, i doubt he won't be asked to reprise his role, unless they're thinking long-term

edit: hmm according to terry mcgovern all the roles are being recasted. i guess alan young will have to scrimp from his few lines in the shorts to get by!!

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

They need to make them black ducks.

Blog Entries

why? think black ducks are warner bros. forte

Jason Alexander is free from his Duckman obligations.. maybe he can.. No! I wont finish this sentence!

Blog Entries

I like the art style. The promo image really captures the adventurous feel the original show went for.

Is that Daisy Duck or Webbigail pictured?

Blog Entries

Never watched this show as a kid because it was a bit before my time and was never really on Disney as far as I can recall (The show had been dead for little over 2 years when I was born and I never saw any reruns of it). The most exposure I have to Scrooge McDuck is that retelling of "A Christmas Carol" they did with him, which I recall being really, really good.

Quote Originally Posted by tormented View Post
    edit: hmm according to terry mcgovern all the roles are being recasted. i guess alan young will have to scrimp from his few lines in the shorts to get by!!
    Mmmm, can't wait to see complaints about this everywhere once they've exhausted the complaining about the new VAs for that Powerpuff Girls reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Smiley View Post
    Was this supposed to be some sort of weird jab at kids shows trying to have more diverse casts or something?
    How to remaster

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    Never watched this show as a kid because it was a bit before my time and was never really on Disney as far as I can recall (The show had been dead for little over 2 years when I was born and I never saw any reruns of it). The most exposure I have to Scrooge McDuck is that retelling of "A Christmas Carol" they did with him, which I recall being really, really good.

Mmmm, can't wait to see complaints about this everywhere once they've exhausted the complaining about the new VAs for that Powerpuff Girls reboot.

Was this supposed to be some sort of weird jab at kids shows trying to have more diverse casts or something?
    Yes it is.

Blog Entries

So uh... what is the issue you have with diversity in children's programming, exactly?

Blog Entries

What the hell is so criminal about diversity?

Other than Daffy, who's black color is a design choice only, but doesnt act, talk, or behave like someone with an African background.. this girlfriend of some rare Nordic duck cartoon series i spotted once is the only truly diverse duck character i know of?

Blog Entries

what the fuck

They're one of those "PC society gone madddd" people. Found that out in the SNL thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain_Smiley View Post
    From what I just researched, this show was really hard core for a childrens cartoon. The main character allows a family of refugees from a African country stay at his place till they can apply for citizenship in his homeland. .. then falls in love with the girl duck named Winnie.. Those Nordics make some very progressive cartoons, i'm thinking?

Blog Entries

yeah that's all fine and well but this is a thread about ducktales, featuring white ducks that have been white for like 80 years. donald and huey/duey/louie ain't just suddenly going to change color.

19. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    From what I just researched, this show was really hard core for a childrens cartoon. The main character allows a family of refugees from a African country stay at his place till they can apply for citizenship in his homeland. .. then falls in love with the girl duck named Winnie.. Those Nordics make some very progressive cartoons, i'm thinking?
    Before we go back to Ducktales, this is a Dutch series from the late 80s/ early 90s and very famous here. The writing is indeed progressive, very left wing. Those particular episodes deal with apartheid. There's also a 4 parter where the antagonist of the series rises to power:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Squeaky Voiced Teen View Post
    They're one of those "PC society gone madddd" people. Found that out in the SNL thread.
    Hoo boy! Gonna have to give the SNL thread a gander later on when I have the time to see what brought that stance to light.

Blog Entries

Jesus fucking Christ! First PPG is coming back, then Fuller House and now this? When the hell are we gonna get new Ed, Edd, n Eddy?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaine View Post
    I'd imagine patting Lisa on the head would sting, damn kids with their spiky heads.

Blog Entries

@BloodySimpsonChibi "Ed, Edd N Eddy" had a perfectly fine ending and doesn't need to ever come back.

Temporary Talking Head Suomynona's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Matty View Post
    Before we go back to Ducktales, this is a Dutch series from the late 80s/ early 90s and very famous here. The writing is indeed progressive, very left wing. Those particular episodes deal with apartheid. There's also a 4 parter where the antagonist of the series rises to power:

Ah yes, Alfred J. Kwak. I didn't watch it as a child, but you've got to appreciate a cartoon's balls when their main character's backstory involves his parents and siblings getting flattened by a car while crossing a road. Also, he grows up in the series to fight against a furry equivalent of Hitler.

As for Ducktales, I'm quite looking forward to it. At the very least, I've loving that retro style the cartoon is taking up.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gatorgod View Post
    Is that Daisy Duck or Webbigail pictured?
    It's Webbigail.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunbadia View Post
    @BloodySimpsonChibi "Ed, Edd N Eddy" had a perfectly fine ending and doesn't need to ever come back.
    I stopped watching Cartoon Network in the middle of Ed, Edd N Eddy's run, so I didn't find out what happened to the show til years and years later. Where they took it is kind of innovative for a kids show back then with moving into the school year as well as that movie. It's something I wished they did with, say, Phineas and Ferb.

However that said, it also makes me agree that there's no reason at all for it to come back.

Donald is in this new DuckTales, meaning that it may be leaning more towards the Carl Banks comics than even the original did. At first I was a little worried the art style would be too simplistic but then again I didn't think there was much need for a new DuckTales series so why not bring on some changes. As much as the new (terrific) Mickey Mouse cartoons are bringing those characters in a new light that isn't just Disney Junior/theme parks, I'm glad they're moving more Fab Five-centric entertainment away from being exclusive to just the toddler set.
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Blog Entries

so i take it launchpad isn't appearing in this? if they are going for a more faithful adaption of the carl barks comics, that would probably be the case, and the lack of him in that promo shot is kind of telling.

28. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Gatorgod

Blog Entries

That's too bad. I really like Launchpad.

Donald was in old DuckTales too, but only for 8 episodes. And only in season 1.

Blog Entries

The new voice cast for the main characters in the Ducktales reboot has been announced.

don't quite cover all CousinMerl's Avatar

So a lot of relatively unknowns (at least to me) and then there's Tennant as Scrooge (that's an interesting choice) but I think they will do a good job; it will be interesting to see a new DuckTales series and I wonder how well they will capture the spirit of the original.

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Danny Pudi? I knew I recognized him! That's Abed from Community!

I knew Kate Micucci looked familiar too. She was Shelley on Raising Hope!

Man, they're really going all-star for this one!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by comeau View Post
    so i take it launchpad isn't appearing in this? if they are going for a more faithful adaption of the carl barks comics, that would probably be the case, and the lack of him in that promo shot is kind of telling.
    The cast video confirmed launchpad's in it, which is a relief

Thread Information