View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - The Devil Wears a Tailored Suit

0 0%
  • 4/5 - The Devil Wears a Short Sleeve Shirt

1 20.00%
  • 3/5 - The Devil Wears a Hoodie

4 80.00%
  • 2/5 - The Devil Wears a Wife-beater

0 0%
  • 1/5 - The Devil Wears Crocs

0 0%

Thread: R&R - American Dad - "The Devil Wears a Lapel Pin"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R - American Dad - "The Devil Wears a Lapel Pin"

Original Air Date: March 7th, 2016

When Stan is given the task of putting together the CIA calendar, Hayley attempts to destroy it. Meanwhile, Roger gets a Discover card and fakes his death to get out of paying the enormous balance.
    R&R after it airs!
    How to remaster

One of the few times the B-plot easily trumped the A-plot. Both had their moments, but the craziness of Roger and Steve going on a shopping spree in an underground '80s mall followed by a fake funeral for the Roger persona responsible for the credit card bill was amazing. The other story was fine, but the drama at the end felt way too forced. But we did get Bullock on steroid overload, so I'd say a 3/5.

Moe is their leader. Captain_Smiley's Avatar

A toy store and a furniture store in a mall? When was the last time you saw those things in a mall?

Blog Entries

That Discovery card story fucking sucked, annoying from the outset with the only saving grace being the funeral scene at the end. The main story about the calendar was pretty good though, and I really like Jeff tearing into Stan for being such a massive asshole. Oh, speaking of swearing. I think this was the most swear laden ep of the TBS run yet, not to mention stuff that wasn't technically cursing but still stuff you know Fox wouldn't have been cool with (Roger noting that he came four times while riding the vibrating chair). Oh, and Bullock pulling Jeff's body in half was just... ugh.

Musical number was a bit abrupt but Klaus taking over was probably the biggest laugh of the episode for me. 2.5/5. Gonna go for a 3 on the poll.

Blog Entries

the cold open was really funny, but the rest of the episode didn't really hold up. i agree the discovery card plot added little and just seem like an excuse for more wacky alien shenanigans, though i did like the cut to roger and steve watching francine in the car and then the "one hour later" subtitle. as for the calendar subplot it was funny enough, though stan instantly freaking out over his usa pin felt a bit contrived. the emotion at the end felt earned, though, so i guess not a huge issue. 3/5

Quote Originally Posted by ilovebender.com View Post
    I love women.

Blog Entries

oh my god that musical number bit was agonizing.

I'll agree with torm that the cold open was perfect but that plot was just kind of wasted potential all over. secret 80s mall seems like there should be more about it than just a jokey setpiece.

hayley plot was alright. 3/5
    twitter

Quote Originally Posted by IdiotDetector View Post
    Two and a Half Men is no more an "adult show" than "Rocket Power."

Thread Information