View Poll Results: How would you rate this episode?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5/5 - Strike It Lucky

0 0%
  • 4/5 - Strikingly Strong Showing

4 100.00%
  • 3/5 - Strike Force Heroes 3 (Suggested by Google upon typing the word "Strike")

0 0%
  • 2/5 - Strike out

0 0%
  • 1/5 - Strike this show down

0 0%

Thread: R&R - Bordertown - "J.C. Strikes"

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Blog Entries

R&R - Bordertown - "J.C. Strikes"

Original Air Date: March 6th, 2016

Frustrated that J.C. still hasn't gotten a job, Ernesto hires him as part of his landscaping crew. When the job turns out too difficult, J.C. unionizes Ernesto's workers and begins a strike.
    R&R after it airs!
    How to remaster

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Pre-empted in the Eastern and Central time zones on 3/6 because the NASCAR race started late due to rain before the race; the race ended around 7:05 Eastern, and Fox decided to pad the postrace show to 7:30.

There's a chance it could air on 3/20 at 7:00, which is currently scheduled for a Simpsons repeat (followed by a new Ice Age Easter-based special followed by a two-hour musical about the last days of Jesus). Then again, with a title of "J.C. Strikes", Fox might think twice about that.

Then again, if Fox thinks this is a throwaway series, this episode could air tonight out west and they just won't bother airing it out east.

I didn't know there was such a disappointed, solid following for this show.

They should crossover into the same category as Brickleberry fans that believed that its humor was too dry for comedy Central to get, hence its cancellation.

You're BoJack Horseman, no cure for that.

Blog Entries

Apparently the episode still aired in Canada tonight, so it's not like those who wanted to see it will have to wait long before it's online anyway.

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

The west got a repeat of "High School Football"

6th best thing to do to gel. Smear-Gel's Avatar

The show's reality bending gags are usually funny enough
    Season 27 Ratings: Every Man's Dream - 5/10 | Cue Detective - 9/10 | Puffless - 7/10 | Halloween of Horror - 10/10 | Treehouse of Horror XXV - 7/10 | Friend with Benefit - 7/10 | Lisa with an S - needs rewatch | Barthood - 10/10 will watch again | The Girl Code - 9/10 | Teenage Mutant Milk-Caused Hurdles - 7/10 | Much Apu About Something - 8/10 | Love Is in the Air: needs rewatch | Gal of Constant Sorrow: 8/10 | Lisa the Veterenarian: 7/10 | The Marge-ian Chronicles - 9/10 | The Burns Cage - 8/10 all credibility lost | How Lisa Got Her Marge Back - 6/10 | Fland Canyon - 8/10 | To Courier with Love - 9/10 | Simprovised - 7/10 | Orange Is the New Yellow - 8/10

Bob's Burgers Season Rankings: 3>6>5=4=2>1
    Fairly Oddparents Season Rankings: 4>3>6>8>2=10 (so far)>1>0>7>5>9

Mmmmmmmm, floor pie

Fox has announced that this episode will air this Sunday

Blog Entries

The episode, as noted before must have aired in Canada last week in spite of NASCAR, because when I went to look for it today, it showed that it was uploaded 6 days ago, rather than last night after it aired on FOX. So, here's another one of those "List of good and bad" reviews.

Good
    Cold open
    Ernesto's "Working for the man" bit.
    Virtual Sit-In
    The baby plumber charging in tickles
    Bud's awful looking injury actually feeling nicer on his lumbar than the office chair
    "I stopped dancing three minutes ago. This is just the fat moving on its own"
    "Daddy! What's the matter? You look down."/"Well, you're shorter than me, it's the only way I can see you". (Real "Police Squad"/"Naked Gun" level of joke here. Love it)
    "I should know better than to tangle a college wit".
    The old dude with the fucked up back only being 19.
    The Ernesto clone fight
    "Hey friend! Let's do Ostrich stuff away from the station!"
    Ernesto showing how tough his hands are
    Progressive G.I. Joe
    "Hey Buckwald! Lemme give you a little tip... oh, wait, you already have one in your pants because it's your penis!"
    The narrator turning the picture upside down and going "Neat trick, huh?"
    "Once I switched everyone's rakes, and no one noticed for a month. When I told them, boy did they nod and acknowledge it".
    The Buckwalds fighting at the dinner table
    That shot at HBO's "Girls" with naked Lena Dunham ("Ew! This is the grossest baloney commercial I've ever seen!")
    "I know what you're thinking. Bud's brought homer another man in an animal costume. But this Ostrich is real, and the furry stage of my life is over"
    Ernesto's belt buckle prophecy.
    Gert's letter to Bud (Super adorable)
    Larry Bird joke
    "WHAT DO WE WANT!?"/"QUE?!"/"WHEN DO WE WANT IT!?"/"QUE!?"
    Steven Seagal joke
    The whole scene with J.C. at the bar
    Stanford and Ernesto texting each other
    J.C.'s nightmare
    Minnesota Timberwolves bit
    "So this is what it's like to not want to die!"
    "Oh, Ostrich. They can call themselves that, but you can't!"
    Angry face in the spilled blocks
    "HEY! IT'S THE GUY THOSE BUMS WERE HAVING SEX ON!"
    Stanford having a brain lapse upon entering the kitchen

Bad
    "You were born split entirely in half, Gert. You had Downs the Middle Syndrome".
    That manure innuendo
    J.C.'s "Oh, little leaf" thing
    Bud getting raped by the Ostrich (It was a bit you could see coming from a mile away, but still).
    That weird live action scene transition
    The bartender trying to explain Spirit Animals to Bud
    Maria being nasty to the little kitty
    Gert assuming the Ostrich was "One of them lesbians from Orange Is The New Black".
    Foster kid bit
    Kid who drowned at camp bit
    The ending of the Ostrich story, which I guess effectively shows that the first time we get a Gert plot, they see to it that she becomes a fucking psychopath far beyond that of Stewie or Roger. Hell, they basically made her Cartman for this, so I guess this is what can always be expected of her when she's the focus and isn't getting her way.

All in all this was a fairly strong episode, with the good gags outweighing the bad significantly and both plots being solid fun, with the A-plot concerning J.C. actually feeling a s decently coherent narrative that had a genuine character epiphany towards the end, and the B-plot being silly fun right up to the incredibly unpleasant ending. 4/5

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This has to be the first episode I actually kinda like. I don't care much for the cold opening unlike Shaun, but this time it was pretty clever. J.C. was annoying, but he had some funny bits not to mention he finally got some real character development as well. The plot itself is also not bad and it's a nice change of pace not having a "Bud being pissed at those damned immigrants" story for once. Of course, more focus on Ernesto is always a plus even though he was less sympathetic this time. There were several laugh-out-loud moments, like the Ernesto clones fighting, worker who turns out to be 19 even though he looks like at least 90, J.C.'s nightmare (except for him waking up really seeing two have sex on top of him) not to mention most of Stanford's moments. The writers are finally getting a hang of his character and he got quite some memorable parts. The ending to the main plot with J.C. helping out was good, for once he actually thought about someone other than himself.
    As far as negatives go, some jokes unfortunately fell very flat. The random narration was annoying and some jokes were awful. Stop implying Janice is cheating on Bud, it's not funny. The Girls slam was pretty lame, the ending where Gert murdered Bud's ostrich was sad more than it was funny and the worst has to be the scene between J.C. and Becky when she won't let him in. I mean, what the hell? She's a real asshole. Also, what was that weird ending with Bud and Ernesto followed by a voice all about?
    It gets a little slow like in any episode, but in general this was a surprise. Not a bad watch, I'm feeling confident in giving this a good rating. While this would be one of the weaker offerings in a Family Guy season, it's a strong one in a Bordertown season. 7.5/10
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Thread Information