Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What's the last TV show you watched?

(Users Browsing this Thread: )

Deep Frier of Shirts BlueRibbonCommittee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
    November 6, 2016

I'll give a bigger review in the latenight thread, but wow. He really had enough of the election. Loved his coverage of the multi-level marketing.

Tyrant Beats James Holzhauer! D DEBBS's Avatar

Unique Eats on Cooking Channel

Blog Entries

Fairy Tail
    "Changeling"

So it looks like right after the Galuna Island arc we get a weird filler episode. I guess this was just away to erase the team's punishment for taking on an S-Class mission by themselves? Seems to be the only reason Makarov wasn't there. It seemed a bit odd Lucy was the only one concerned about the punishment. It does figure that Natsu and Gray would jump right into another job, much to Erza's chagrin.

So Natsu just reads it out loud and suddenly everyone switches bodies? I did like the gags with Lucy feeling really cold in Gray's body and Gray not realizing he has breasts now. Happy and Erza switching was the most unfortunate of all. I can see how it would really be an embarrassment to Erza to turn into a cat. I am glad they weren't magically able to control themselves, with Loke constantly spitting fire and Lucy spitting ice. And of course, it needed to be reversed in 30 minutes.

I was a bit worried Jet and Droy would be distracting Levy too much, but Natsu brought it up two thirds of the way. The resolution was just weird, though. So Lucy and Gray swap back, but the others don't and Mirajane switches with Makarov, as do Elfman and Cana, and Jet and Droy? And they're just going to leave it like that with no resolution?! So what was the point of all this?!

3/5, it had some funny moments but overall it just felt like a WTF episode. I guess they felt like we needed a break after the Galuna Island arc.

Ill-Mannered Sack of Crap LosTickaToeRest's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Been watching through Futurama again and Decision 3012 just happened to be the next one up on election day.

Funny episode. The 'Earth Certificate' thing is a great parody of the Birther movement even if it's late to that game. A lot of the Comedy Central episodes seem like they were were written while the show was off the air and they try to satirize old news. This is one of them. Not that big a deal because either way it's gonna be dated and the Fox episodes weren't totally safe from that kind of thing either ('Nappster', ugh). Just an observation.
    It's weird how they seem to kind of tip-toe past the racial issues of the Birther movement a little bit, but otherwise it's fun satire. Phil LaMarr has a great Obama impression and the jokes about political pandering and xenophobia were spot-on (and speaking of which, Fry's xenophobe/xenomorph confusion makes me bust out laughing). The ending was a bizarre mindfuck that doesn't entirely make sense, but whatever. Science fiction sure seems to love the idea of Richard Nixon eliminating term limits and holding office permanently. I loved the return of the Universal Time Code and really wish they used that instead of the handwavey "time machine" bullshit in Simpsorama that contradicts stuff like, I dunno, the entire plotline of The Late Philip J. Fry.

Anyway, good stuff. Not a favorite by any means, but I know what I hate, and I don't hate this.
    Earth. Atomizer. Let's go.

Blog Entries

Started watching the Wolf Creek TV/webisode/whatever series on a weird streaming channel that blasts me with popups every time I click on anything or look at it funny.

Overall it's a good and interesting take on what started out as a horror movie franchise, with the TV show shifting it into action/suspense with a hint of drama mode. Bottom line, John Jarratt plays a fiendish, strongly misogynistic serial killer who hides out in the Australian Outback and hunts, kills, and dismembers tourists. He wipes out an entire family save for one girl, a teenager played by Lucy Fry, who escapes and begins to hunt her family's murderer in return.

It's not without its flaws, I feel like it could really use some developing of Fry's character's knack for pursuing Jarratt's killer as well as some more development of the weird pond-scum of shady people that start to swirl around both protagonist and antagonist. I'm also missing the almost mystical dread that the series' first film (Wolf Creek) imbued the Outback with. But it's got some good cinematography and I'm really looking forward to the episode that Greg McLean, creator and director of the whole thing, directs himself.

Global Moderator Smiling Politely's Avatar

I just rewatched the first two seasons of the Walking Dead. I stopped watching about half way through season three, so I am almost back to where I had been. It was definitely as good as I remembered, and I feel like I watched it from a different perspective from the last time I had seen it.

Definitely looking forward to season three since I have only seen about half of it. I'm also looking forward to getting ahead of where I had been, and finally catching up to where the show is.

Blog Entries

During a long car ride to Syracuse, I watched lots of Twilight Zone episodes:
    The first one I watched was called "No Time Like The Past". It's about a man who goes back in time to try to stop 3 major disasters (Hiroshima bombing, Hitler, and the Lustitania) but when he fails at all 3, he decides to go back in time to Indiana, 1881, before all those events happened. I found this plot very interesting, i liked how he failed at all 3, it provides a nice twist on the typical "Guy stops a tragic event" plot. I also really liked the protagonist's speech about how the past can't be changed, but my favorite part of the episode was after he went back in time. One of the people at the house he goes to is a massive bigot, talking about how he wants to take over lots of places, and put an American flag over them, and the protagonist gives an awesome speech about how war, violence, and racism solve nothing. It was chilling, especially in light of the election. And of course, the twist at the end was awesome.   He tries to stop a fire from happening at the schoolhouse, but not only does he fail, he causes it!  Overall, a strong contender for "best episode ever".

Then, I watched one entitled "The Parallel". It's about an astronaut, who after a mishap on a flight, winds up in a parallel universe, where everything is the same but different. There's a lot of things I liked about this one. The portion of the launch itself was incredible, because of how real it was. Everything is precise down to the last detail- the communications, the Mission Control equipment, the cockpit of the capsule, even down to the tracking maps used- Everything was completely like the real early space missions, it almost felt like it really happened. And the premise about the parallel universe was highly interesting too, I always find parallel universe plots like this good, and i especially liked how unlike most plots like this, the differences are incredibly suttle (He has a fence in front of his house where he didn't before, he is a Colonel in the army and not a Major) and hardly obvious. And the ending twist was interesting too. Another excellent episode.

The third I watched was "I Dream of Genie". It's a retelling of the classic "Guy finds a genie in a lamp" story. Uncharacteristically, it's a comedy episode, but it works well, with plenty of good jokes throughout. The twist on the premise is that instead of getting three wishes, he gets only one. He thinks of lots of possibilities, but none of them are good. The twist at the end is the highlight.  He decides that his one wish is to become a genie!  A good one.

Next was "The New Exhibit". It was about a man who works at a wax museum, who's main highlight is figurines of famous murderers, like Jack the Ripper. However, when the place closes down, he takes the wax figures into his own possession. But then, when he's not in the room, they kill his wife, brother-in-law, and best friend. Another good plot, the story was very compelling, I kept guessing who'd die next. I like how they are only alive for 5-10 seconds at a time. And, the twist, as usual, is top-notch.  The wax figures advance on him and kill him, he is framed for the murders, and a new museum opens, featuring a wax figurine of him! 

I also watched two more episodes, "Of Late I Think of Cliffordville" and "The Incredible World Of Horace Ford" but I didn't really like them.
    You're a dolt with the IQ of a peabrain that probably loves lowbrow sitcoms like The Big Bang Theory, Frasier and Seinfeld to not grasp the biting satire and wit of the classic 65 (Rugrats).

Blog Entries

Sonic Boom Season 2 premiere:
    They learned NOTHING! Plot was good, but action, humor, and animation were still horrible. 3.5/10.

Blog Entries

Blog Entries

egg why do u keep watching if it sux

i mean, bad sonic is historically the worst kind of suck
    Quote Originally Posted by Elliot76 View Post
    don't feel threatened by a dude who gargles mayonnaise

Blog Entries

Finished watching the last three episodes of Gotham.

Ep 7 (Red Queen) gives us the end of the Jim/Valerie Vale romance sub-plot when she breaks up with him. I can't say I'm going to miss her, since all she did was act really noisy and obtrusive, but it seems like kind of a waste to have this character and never really do anything with her. Whatever. So Jervis Tetch decides he's going to drive all the founds in Gotham crazy after he gets some kind of crazy super drug that causes people to hallucinate, and Jim ends up getting sprayed with some of it himself. I did really enjoy his scenes in mind where talks to hallucination Barbara, who's basically his guide inside his mind, and his fantasies are pretty interesting. At the end, Jim finally decides to return of the GCPD. Well it took him long enough.

Also Tetch's plot is foiled when Captain Barnes and the rest of the GCPD figure out what's going and arrest him. This was kind of an anticlimactic way of dealing with Tetch, actually. I mean, they had to stop him at some point, but having Barnes and a couple of other cops end up being the ones who defeat him feels off, especially after the personal grudges Jim and Tetch have been nursing with each other for so longer. Also, they never call Tetch "Mad Hatter" at any point in the series so far, which is odd. Meanwhile Penguin tries to get Isabella the librarian to break up with Nygma by telling her about Nygma being a murderer, but she's ok with him and still loves him, continuing the love triangle. There's also some brief stuff with Bruce making dinner for Selina. It's cute, but it kind of comes off like the writers aren't sure what to do with them now.

Ep 8 (Blood Rush) mostly focuses on the running plot point of Barnes being affected with Alice Tetch's contaminated blood and turning progressively violent and getting super strength that's been going on for a few episode. He ends up totally ripping apart a guy who's destroying corpses, meaning Barnes is pretty much a really violent version of the Thing by now. It turns out that this guy is working for some creepy surgeon who's cutting people's faces off for the mob. Man, has there ever been a doctor on this show that wasn't or totally insane except for Leslie and Mario? Barnes decides he's going to turn himself in for murder, but then the surgeon gets free and Barnes goes completely ballistic, screaming "I am the law!", declares himself judge, jury, and executioner and throwing the surgeon through the wall and killing him...oh, wait, I get it! I finally understand who Barnes is supposed to be. He's Judge Dredd! This explains everything!

Meanwhile, Jim and Harvey team up to solve the case, but mostly don't really do anything. Jim at least finds out that Barnes is a killer now. Also Tetch makes a brief appearance, which I'm guessing is the last time we'll be seeing him for a while. Also, the bizarre love story of Nygma and Isabella gets even stranger which Nygma asks Penguin to tell Isabella he's breaking up with her. Penguin does it in a really smug tone, but then it turns out Isabella still loves him and figures out Penguin loves Nygma too, so she decides to dye her hair and look just like Nygma's dead girlfriend Ms. Kringle and convinces him he won't hurt her. But then Penguin gets jealous and just cuts the brakes to her car and she gets run over by a train, bring a very rushed ending to a very strange love story. Mario also gets petty and jealous of Jim during all this. Also Bruce and Selina don't appear here.

Ep 9 (The Executioner) finally brings an end to Barnes story, as we see that he has finished his transformation into Judge Dredd. I mean, really...Barnes is now a law enforcement officer running around killing criminals while yelling "I am the law!". What else is this supposed to be a reference to? I'm surprised they didn't just give him a helmet to start wearing too. So Barnes and Jim go after a fake lead and they both know that Barnes is a killer but are trying to lie to each other about it. Eventually, Barnes admits he's a killer and when Jim won't work with him, tries to kill him too. Sadly, we don't get to see any real displays of super strength here, like Barnes breaking down a wall or something. Harvey and Leslie figure out what's going on and convince the GCPD that Barnes is affected by lying about having evidence and Barnes is arrested. So, uh, who's in charge of the GCPD now? The episode ends with the last scene being Barnes locked up in Arkham Asylum while screaming "Guilty!", which I'm completely certain is an homage (or possibly just a rip-off) to the episode of Batman: The Animated Series when Two-Face went even crazier, developed a third personality as a murderous judge killing criminals, and ends the episode locked in Arkham while muttering "Guilty" over and over again.

The love story ends here with Nygma being completely devastated by Isabella's death, which is confirmed when we see her corpse. So, uh, are we just never going to get an explanation for why she looked just like his previous dead girlfriend? Nygma eventually concludes that someone killed her, but believes that it was Butch, much to Penguin's joy. I guess Butch's days might be numbered too. Also, Ivy finally has a role in the plot when she uses steals some rich guy's necklace, but does it in a really stupid way too. I thought Ivy was supposed to be a really smart villain, She ends up going to Bruce and Selina for help, and they end up getting chased by crazy guys with crossbows. It turns out that the necklace had a key, now it's time for them to go on a wacky adventure...or something. Also, Alfred doesn't appear in this episode.

Overall, the last couple of episodes have been really good, if with some flaws. Jim finally resolving his issues and being a cop was something that I'm glad they finally resolved and didn't drag out for too long. The stuff with Mad Hatter was great, although it was disappointing that it wasn't Jim who arrested him, leaving the two's conflict to be personal unresolved by this point. Barnes development was to me the highpoint, I knew from the moment he showed up last season that he was dead meat, since he's an original character in a Batman show, but I never expected him to turn into Judge Dredd. Having Barnes, an absolute zealot about the law and procedure, turn into a insane vigilante who feels like the law is restraining him and deciding to do what needs to be done, is a really interesting idea and made for a good story, especially thanks to Michael Chiklis performance. The stuff with Jim, Leslie, and Mario isn't annoying so far, but I'm curious to see how long their going to drag this story out. The love story between Penguin, Nygma, and Isabella was very strange, and the part where Isabella starts dressing like Nygma's dead girlfriend at the end was creepy. Isabella dying like that was very bizarre and felt rushed, almost like the writers had plans to keep using the character, but had no idea what to do with her, so they just killed her off. And we never even get a real explanation for why she looked so much like Ms. Kringle. Or am I supposed to believe that two people who look exactly the same and almost have the same interests and eventually the same boyfriend lived in the same city? Nygma believing Butch is behind this seems to be a sign that Butch's days are almost over, which sucks since Butch has been a lot of fun. The stuff with Bruce has the been weakest, since it feels like the writers aren't really sure what to do with him now. It's nice that their finally doing something with Ivy after several episodes of nothing, and her using plant toxins to hypnotize someone was pretty cool, but she does come off as pretty dumb at times too. The whole quest thing their going on doesn't really interest me that much except for finding out who those guys with the crossbows are. At first, I though they might have been the League of Assassins, but I guess they might be the Court of Owls?

So yeah, Gotham has still been pretty good in this so far. Looking forward to the next episode.

12. Thumbs Up To This Post by: kupomog

Blog Entries

I've been revisiting some of Jim Henson's The Storyteller in preperation for a storyboard gig. Anyone else watch this as a kid? It holds up. These devils are some funny guys.

Blog Entries

Binging through Curb for the season 9 hype

still not as good as Seinfeld but excellent black humor from Larry David. I never really watched Curb like Seinfeld but I'm digging some parts of it more, mostly the stories.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bunnicula View Post
    egg why do u keep watching if it sux

i mean, bad sonic is historically the worst kind of suck
    Well, honestly he's giving me inspiration to write scathing reviews for Mrs. Brown's Boys and The Suite Life on Deck episodes.

Blog Entries

you do that then

Blog Entries

I am watching The Suite Life on Deck and writing a scathing review for it. As I watch, I keep asking myself, "Is this how you guys feel when you watch modern Simpsons?" I am going to love/hate this...

Blog Entries

You know, why don't I?

The Suite Life on Deck
    "Marriage 101"

So right off the bat, a girl beats Woody in arm wrestling and we get a misogynistic comment about a boy losing to a girl "who can fit through a keyhole". Remember when the original Zack and Cody took body image seriously when Maddie and London thought they were too fat and skinny? Oh, how things change. And then Woody eats a piece of gum off the bottom of the desk, because he's Mr. Disgusting. How funny! I did laugh a bit at London's response to Miss Tutweiller saying they'd do "something different", but it lead to a comment that Miss Tutweiller is depressed. And Disney banned a full episode of Shake It Up briefly just for one line about eating disorders from a no-name throwaway character that you're not supposed to like or a Jessie episode for bullying a kid for being gluten intolerant, when that kid was stalking Zuri? But it's okay for a teacher who is simply doing her job to make jokes about depression! I did kinda laugh at everyone choosing Cody for their partner though. And,,, the assignment is learning to be a married couple. What kind of school teaches that? Now, some people were weirded out by the baby in the original Zack and Cody, but I've actually seen and heard of people taking care of animatronic babies in school. I think it's a home economics class. So come to think of it, is Miss Tutweiler the only teacher on this ship? I mean, the Tiptons brag about being rich and she's the only teacher they can afford? There's no specialty teachers for each subject? Wow, I never really thought about that until now.

I will admit, I do like Cody and Bailey's relationship. It's one of the things the show has going for it, even if it started too early and creepily. It was kinda cute seeing them "propose" to each other. This wouldn't be the first time Zack partnered with London, so I kinda like that as well as Woody with Addison. I did like the back-and-forth between London and Miss Tutweiller as well, despite me just complaining about depression jokes. But wait... Mr. Tipton was married eight times? Didn't London have a "fourteenth mother" earlier this season? And what happened to her dad having "twelve weddings" in the original? These shows usually take continuity more seriously than this. But if marriage is a triggering subject, why is Miss Tutweiller teaching it? And when they pick careers and Addison gets teacher, she makes a comment and we get another depression joke. I did like Zack being excited about being a garbage man and Woody's dream job about being a hot dog vendor. (It kinda reminds me of Bart in "Lisa's Wedding" or Homer's pin monkey dream or being excited about Grimes' living space.) And I just cracked up at London selecting brain surgeon for her job. ("Who's Brian Sur-gee-on?") I prefer ditzy London over London who spouts that she's rich to people she doesn't work well this. And Miss Tutweiller is also afraid of London being a pretend brain surgeon for some reason, so she appoints her housewife just out of nowhere. What a swell teacher. At least she lets London be a "mansion wife".

Then we cut to some more cute Cody/Bailey scenes. Why can't the whole episode just be about them? Even Zack's weird comment couldn't ruin the moment. Saved even more by his "I don't sign anything with Cody reading it first" (reminds me of Cletus' "I don't signs nothin' without pretending to read it first!") Also I do like London tempting people with money so Zack can sign the paper... wow, maybe this won't be so bad after all. Even Zack manipulating London into buying things was rather cute... now Woody and Addison. Unfortunately I don't like either of them, so this can't end well... what do you know, that wasn't too bad. Will I even keep reviewing this episode? Because the point of this was to try to write something scathing.

.. Well, here we go. Marcus was put in the infirmary by putting on Zack's socks. Really. Zack was never a stickler for cleanliness, but now he has become so irresponsible he's making people who just so much as put on his socks by mistake have to be hospitalized. And no one's doing anything about it. Funny! I guess without Carey or Esteban around, this happens... But then we cut back to a funny scene with Addison licking all of her Ring Pops, calling back to Woody proposing with the Ring Pop from three acts ago (Which I had forgotten about), and I gotta say, Zack looked really nice in that suit. And while I'm not too fond of Addison, or explaining jokes... just something about these fake marriages makes me smile. ... So we actually learn why Miss Tutweiller is so upset? Her ex went all The Other Woman on her? Not again! I'm supposed to be hating this review!... Except Addison did seem upset with Woody earlier, so they should know about the ups and downs of marriage, but suddenly, she's just focusing on the Ring Pops. So why is this a shock to them? They've just gone through it. Oh, but Woody's a fat joke, so he hopes the wheel is of cheese! I did like his comment on calling Zack lucky to join the circus. I prefer simple-minded Woody to "look at me, I eat a lot because I'm fat" Woody. But now Woody, Addison and Marcus are in the same family. The three blandest characters on the show. Something's going to happen... And it's an actual good twist joke on the "Where do babies come from?" joke. Wow, just when I think things will be terrible, they're good. When I think they'll be good, they're terrible. Now it's just becoming unpredictable. I do wonder what Cody and Bailey said in Japanese... Cody is "Bedridden" now. Wonder if they'll do some Everybody Loves Raymond-type jokes with that...

... Wow, even Cody bossing Bailey around is cute. I'm starting to think I judged this one too harshly... Cody asking Bailey to tuck him in reminds me they're still kids but are trying to fake a marriage... this is really going rather well.

... But the innocence gets ruined. It seemed like Miss Tutweiler was trying to teach them about realistic marriage. Now she's making a challenge for them? Makes me long for the simple challenges from the original, like lifting heavy blocks and solving brain teasers.... and just like that, it gets saved again by Zack riding a bicycle and pretending he's a clown. It really feels like every time something groanworthy happens, it's immediately saved.... and the challenge is just seeing how well the answers match up with each other. Wow, she's going neutral now. Something else is saved! Also, I liked Tutweiller telling London what a spouse is just from her raising her hand, and the "it's not a cross between a spider and a mouse" before she (London) even said anything. And Bailey's "NOT CODY!" sign when asked "Who wears the pants in the family?" And literal Cody leaving it blank and explaining pants/pantaloons/slacks... wow, this challenge really is great. Usually Addison rambling is annoying, but I liked her writing her rambling on the sign. Family banter is so much better when it's teens pretending to fight. ... And you know, if London isn't going to bounce off of Bailey, she needs to interact with Zack more. London's stick figure, Zack throwing cards at Miss Tutweiller... And this fight scene... it's so ridiculous it's funny.

... So Bailey actually took it a bit seriously and came to cry... and Miss Tutweiler comforts her... and makes another depression joke! But then sums up what I was waiting for her to say. And now there's a depression joke that worked! Trying to prevent Bailey from becoming like her. This is a really sweet wrap-up, especially the Cody/Bailey apology. And even the flower ruining the moment was funny, with "Zacko" peeping in (and Cody calling him that!).

... It ends with London thinking it's real and hiring real lawyers to divorce them, Zack telling her it was pretend, and him chasing them when he found out he was getting a real million dollar settlement, and London telling Miss Tutweiller one of them was single. "Class dismissed!"

Final thoughts? Well... this is why I still watch the show! This is one of those "hidden gems"! And it didn't even have Mr. Moseby, my favorite character in it! I actually am going to be generous and give this one a 3/5.

I want to thank @AlphaOmega for teaching me to art of writing his reviews. Despite this episode not being as bad as a few I'd seen before, this really made me think about you when you review modern Simpsons.

And a thanks to @The Egg Council Creep. There were moments I just wanted to go +/- and it made me think of when you actually liked a few Sonic the Hedgehog, Underground, and X episodes as well as those few Season 27 Simpsons episodes. Maybe i'll do it next time.

Wow, I feel a bit accomplished after that. Next time, if I can find a full episode, I'll do Mrs. Brown's Boys. I am dreading that.

Blog Entries

Watched the season 1 finale of Crazy Ex-Girlfriend. My boyfriend loves this show unironically but personally I'm eagerly awaiting the episode where little miss rich Harvard-graduate new-york-law-firm fucker hangs herself. Since it recently got renewed for a second season maybe we'll eventually get that.

Blog Entries

@LosTickaToeRest: what if it had an ending like Two and a Half Men?

Also just looked up the wiki for that show:
    She hops a plane to L.A., gets a job at Darryl Whitefeather's West Covina law firm, buys a house, and flushes all her depression and anxiety meds down the sink.
    because having a job and a house means your mental illnesses are no longer relevant or active in your life, i guess?

begins an on-again-off-again relationship with Josh's friend Greg, while trying to reconnect with Josh
    WTF? PICK ONE.

Anyway, I just started watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force due to mentions from Los. It's a good show. I'm still on season one and I'm watching it on Youtube in one big ol' blob of first season episodes so one ep just flows into the other. Frylock's my favorite character so far.
    Last edited by Torrens; 11-27-2016 at 05:25 PM.

Banned
    Blog Entries

Have gotten up to season 5 in Walking Dead. It certainly has it's moments where it's really boring and slow but sometime it's really great and exciting and it's a enjoyable show overall. I enjoyed season 1, 3, the second half of 4 and 5 is good so far. Season 2 and the first half of season 4 were more on the medicore side of things but they still had their moments.

Carnival Eats on Cooking Channel

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torrens View Post
    because having a job and a house means your mental illnesses are no longer relevant or active in your life, i guess?
    TBF she quickly learns that was a bad idea but I have no sympathy for her at all either way so whatever

WTF? PICK ONE.
    That's where most of what I hate about this show comes in. Moronic college kid dating angst shoved into the adult professional world. Why am I supposed to care about someone so absurdly privileged having such piddling first-world problems? Why am I supposed to even want to see someone so absurdly privileged succeed?

24. Thumbs Up To This Post by: Torrens

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LosTickaToeRest View Post
    That's where most of what I hate about this show comes in. Moronic college kid dating angst shoved into the adult professional world.
    It implies that she's too emotionally immature to be in a relationship, which could be funny if you wrote the character like the ones on Seinfeld (unrelatable, horrible people who never learn from their mistakes).

Why am I supposed to care about someone so absurdly privileged having such piddling first-world problems? Why am I supposed to even want to see someone so absurdly privileged succeed?
    You can definitely have unrelatable or unlikeable characters that nonetheless are fascinating to watch. These people just sound annoying (and in the right contexts, would make for a great horror movie).

Also this wiki has THE WORST DESIGN EVER. I will give the show props for having an Asian-American leading guy who's portrayed as sexy and desirable, though, that's worth something.

Though this
    Josh comes back from Tae Kwan Do class and finds Rebecca inside his apartment. Rebecca is frantic and says that someone broke into her house and threw a rock through her window. She came here to be with him and Valencia. Josh doesn't know how she managed to get inside the apartment, but is more concerned with her window and how's she's feeling. They go back to Rebecca's place to see the damage. Josh calls the cops to investigate the attempted burglary and Rebecca starts freaking out. Using her knowledge of the law and a lot of talking Rebecca gets the officer to leave. While cleaning up the broken glass, Josh finds the rock that was thrown through the window. The rock says ever on it and goes with Rebecca's Happily Ever After rock set, on her table. That would mean whoever broke in, came inside the house, took the rock, then went outside to throw it inside the house. Josh has no idea what is happening and leaves.
    makes me wonder if the final episode is gonna be her standing there by his bedside in the middle of the night with a knife in hand.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Torrens View Post
    You can definitely have unrelatable or unlikeable characters that nonetheless are fascinating to watch. These people just sound annoying (and in the right contexts, would make for a great horror movie).
    But that's the thing, the show tries to push her as being likable and relateable and someone that we should be rooting for when personally I just want her to get into a car wreck

Blog Entries

National Geographic's Mars. Dear lord, there's so much to say about this show I can't even. I'll try to come up with a full review later.

Blog Entries

Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V
    "Where the Truth Lies"

So Yuya defeated Shinji in the last episode. It figures he'd win the admiration of the Top Siders after Shinji spoke of his "rebellion", while the Commons would think he's a "traitor". This is something new in a Yu-Gi-Oh! series - bad press. It seems everyone believes Yuya is a traitor, and Roge's interference didn't help matters. Of course, Yuya would never take this well. If he was upset that Duel Chaser 227, who almost killed him, was taken to the trash heap, I can only imagine how he'd feel about Shinji. But of course, that's not enough to distract him from his main concern... is Zuzu okay? I liked when he sped past Melissa and she said, "Our scoop just hi-tailed it out of here!"

We'd seen Sora looking after Zuzu, and now he explains his story. His story does seem a bit like a chip off of Antimony and Vector's stories from 5D's and ZEXAL, in which he is against the protagonist but is still a friend to them, but this time it's a little more fleshed out, especially compared to the latter. He didn't have a masquerade name like "Bruno" or "Ray Shadows", but it was different because he felt bad for leaving Yuya on such terrible terms. I buy that he never had any real friends in the Fusion Dimension or at all until he met Yuya and Zuzu, and it makes sense how he'd want to make sure they were okay. Of course, the conflict isn't over between them, because he thinks the only way to stop this is for Yuya to turn Celina in. Of course, Yuya thinks this isn't the best idea, wanting what's best for everyone, just like a Yu-Gi-Oh! protagonist would. He won't give up until all the Dimensions see eye to eye.

And now Zuzu has met Crow's friends, and Crow, who is rethinking his trust in Yuya, faces Shay next (who doesn't trust anyone after Dennis turned out to be a traitor). Should be interested. Seems the Synchro Arc finished in Australia recently. Just around 20 more episodes for me to catch up. The GO! network really blew through it this time.

Blog Entries

Aqua Teen Hunger Force - "Dickesode"

Ehhh. This was pretty dumb. One of those episodes based on one unfunny joke stretched way longer than it needs to be. We get it. Dicks. Also could do without the weird racial stereotypes. The conclusion was funny though, having the big dramatic confrontation with Wongburger and then getting him to leave by just telling him to.

The Blue Files OldSchoolerSimpsons's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dickesode to me is one of those episodes that's so bafflingly dumb it becomes hilarious. I love how Adult Swim found it so challenging to censor the dicks without ruining the episode they just gave them a different color instead of putting a black bar all the time. Not to mention the literally walking dick figures were not even tampered with. My favorite season 4 episode though is probably Global Grilling.
    Quote Originally Posted by scully apologist;bt39949
    "KONY 2012"

Wrote the book on flimflammin Grifty McGrift's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Futurama - Proposition Infinity

One of those cop chase TV shows Spike always has on during the morning.

Thread Information